I have an interest of buying a wii, but I need some help.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

alexandreps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 alexandreps3
Member since 2007 • 67 Posts
well, first, I have never owned a nintendo console (just a nintendo 64 for one month, but that's not relevant), and I'm not used to these kind of games (like mario, etc.), I'm used to games like COD4, GTAIV etc. But I have seen some very good-looking games, such as super smah bros Brawl, Resident Evil 4, Red Steel and some others. But the fact, is the wii really worthy to me? Because $250 isn't very cheap for me, and as I live in Brasil, things almost duplicate here, and I already told you how is type of game I like. Actually, I started liking the wii because when I go to my friend's house (he's a nintendo fanboy) we play wii and games like Trauma Center (awesome) etc. What do you think? Sould I buy it or not?
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

As long as you acknowledge that the wii is not a 360 or PS3 you will be fine. The wii is for when you want to try something new and different, not more of the same. If you are looking for just another war shooter or GTA clone, and you don't want to try new things, then forget the wii.

That said, the wii does have some great games.

alexandreps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 alexandreps3
I'm not that fan of Gta, but what I meant with that is that I like action games, adventure games, shooters and...... well I don't ecxactly how is the type of game I like. COD4 and GTA were the only games that came to my mind when I was writing this post, well actually, it's 2:55 am here where I am.
Chojuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Chojuto
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts
You should get a Wii, there's a bunch of promising looking titles on the horizon. And now that the developers have gotten a taste of good fps controls on the Wii, hopefully the Wii's future fps's might actually stand a chance.
tgh93_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 tgh93_29
Member since 2007 • 1483 Posts

As long as you acknowledge that the wii is not a 360 or PS3 you will be fine. The wii is for when you want to try something new and different, not more of the same. If you are looking for just another war shooter or GTA clone, and you don't want to try new things, then forget the wii.

That said, the wii does have some great games.

goblaa
Well, yeah what he said
ganga_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 ganga_
Member since 2007 • 790 Posts

if u say u like action games, adventure, shooters and games like gta, i wouldnt get a wii.

there aren't so much games in that genres on the wii and it wouldn't be worth the money.

totalmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 totalmachine
Member since 2008 • 876 Posts

Bro... GET IT! The ps3 and the X360 are NOTHING compared to the Wii. It's endless fun. And just so you can get to know Mario more, get Super Mario Galaxy! It's a must have.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Fan128
Nintendo_Fan128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Nintendo_Fan128
Member since 2006 • 4270 Posts
Yes, there are plenty of good games that you might like (The Conduilt, No More Heroes, etc)
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
If you want to play only shooters and ultra violent games, you are looking at the wrong system. BTW, Red Steel sucks.
alexandreps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 alexandreps3
Hey what's up Nintendo_Fan128? I don't know, I want to buy it, but I don't know if my father will let buy it. I really want a wii, especially for Brawl and Resident evil 4.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Fan128
Nintendo_Fan128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Nintendo_Fan128
Member since 2006 • 4270 Posts
But it's totally worth the money.
Firefly00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 Firefly00
Member since 2008 • 172 Posts

I'm in a similar situation but the opposite. I have a Nintendo Wii and am looking to get an Xbox 360. Although I do enjoy the Wii, it's frustrating that it doesn't have more 'hardcore' games on it. I myself am getting fed up of the 'casual' games and am looking for games with more depth, hence why I'm going to get an Xbox 360. However, I won't be getting rid of the Wii. Basically because it is fun. I feel like I need a 360 to satisfy my real gamer needs and when I don't fancy that I can look to my Wii.

Honestly, there are some good titles out there on the Wii. No More Heroes, Mario Kart and Loz: Twilight Princess to name a couple. As long as you know that the Wii probably won't satisfy your inner 'hardcore' gamer and it's simply a console to enjoy as it is then I recommend you investing in one.

Colin4128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 Colin4128
Member since 2008 • 2084 Posts
my suggestion is you should wait untill E3 is over cause of the new games that they are unvaling and there might be a price drop on the Wii (just a rumor)
Ninjagamerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ninjagamerz
Member since 2008 • 61 Posts
You should get one no doubt! the 360 doesn't have th Zapper and I find the Zapper to be awesome. It is the gun you can use for certain war or shooting games such as Medal of Honor Heroes 2 or Ghost Squad. There are many adventure games like Super MArio Galaxy, Okami, and Twiglight Princess. Also just alot of action games like SSBB, Bully, and Alone in the Dark. I own 20 games and I love them all. I just don't own twilight princess or Okami, but I have rented them and I loved them. So you really should get it!
Jdog30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Jdog30
Member since 2008 • 4509 Posts
yeah, get a Wii, Brawl, and galaxy