i fear for the galaxy.......

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

han_186

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 han_186
Member since 2006 • 948 Posts
i fear that gamespot will doom the true sequel to mario 64 as well.....:cry:
Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Sonick54
Member since 2005 • 7947 Posts
Part of me wants that to happen just to see people go crazy :D
Sants412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Sants412
Member since 2007 • 5599 Posts
Gamespot BETTER not mess up SMG's chances for GOTY.
Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Sonick54
Member since 2005 • 7947 Posts

Gamespot BETTER not mess up SMG's chances for GOTY.Sants412

Why not? It's not like you'll physically go down to their building and muder them :P

ag1052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 ag1052
Member since 2006 • 5725 Posts
i fear that gamespot will doom the true sequel to mario 64 as well.....:cry:han_186
It isnt that big a deal now... we already know to expect it. If they werent hard on Wii games already and then suprised us with a low score then it would be pretty bad but we all already know it will happen.
han_186

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 han_186

:cry: smash bros, stay alive while one of ur sister goes down with an 8.5:cry:

yanwasp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 yanwasp
Member since 2007 • 136 Posts

han_186

Uh, 8.5 is an excellent score. You needn't be ashamed of it. I'm about to go pick up Metroid Prime 3 right after my dentist appointment. A game doesn't NEED to score 9+ to be a good game. its just an opinion.

smackbang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 smackbang
Member since 2005 • 907 Posts
LOL If Mario Galaxy and brawl( either of them) score less than 9.0 I don't think I could take Gamespot seriously ever again.
WMDfreeman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 WMDfreeman99
Member since 2007 • 1874 Posts

who cares that GS rates games...I mean they always seem to give bad ratings...ZeldaTP should of been 9.0 or hight, gears should of been 9.0 not 9.6..I mean the game looks great an all, but it plays a littlw sluggish. Metroid should of gotten a 9.0 or higher cause of the great control screem...

rafasosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rafasosa
Member since 2007 • 22835 Posts
And besides you does not have to agree with gamespot to buy a game, they tell you their opinion but you are free to have your own opinion.
Avatar image for themagicbum9720
themagicbum9720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 themagicbum9720
Member since 2007 • 6536 Posts

LOL If Mario Galaxy and brawl( either of them) score less than 9.0 I don't think I could take Gamespot seriously ever again.smackbang

i never took GS seriously. :lol:

cobrax80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#12 cobrax80
Member since 2003 • 4658 Posts
I don't know why people think Galaxy will get a perfect 10 score on gamespot, anyway, looking at how they reviewed Metroid I think galaxy has the best potential of the Big 3 Wii games to get 9.0 or above. Mario Galaxy has good graphics, great unique gameplay, but I fear the multiplayer will get bashed as lacking depth and the story might also get bashed for lack of depth. Even though mario platformers were always light on story.
Sants412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Sants412

[QUOTE="smackbang"]LOL If Mario Galaxy and brawl( either of them) score less than 9.0 I don't think I could take Gamespot seriously ever again.themagicbum9720

i never took GS seriously. :lol:

Same here :roll:

KAL_MAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KAL_MAN
Member since 2007 • 454 Posts
does any one ever look at gamespot's review for smash bros melee. they gave it a 8.9, i hope that doesn't indicate what brawls score will be. but now after the reviews if TP and corrucption, i don't really have a good feeling galaxy will get a huge score.
ozzsoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ozzsoad
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

Here's my prediction: 8.8

They'll write a review with contradictions all the way through and mention how Mario should be online by now and the graphics aren't good enough.

JonDohJersey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JonDohJersey
Member since 2007 • 624 Posts

[QUOTE="Sants412"]Gamespot BETTER not mess up SMG's chances for GOTY.Sonick54

Why not? It's not like you'll physically go down to their building and muder them :P

I will:twisted::P

But yeah I think it might happen

mattg90520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mattg90520
Member since 2006 • 3115 Posts
ive stopped going to gamespot for reviews. usually i check ign or gamerankings anymore
ag1052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ag1052
Member since 2006 • 5725 Posts

They'll write a review with contradictions all the way through and mention how Mario should be online by now and the graphics aren't good enough.

ozzsoad
their reveiws are all .5s now... so your guess has to be 8.5 or 9.0
gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11997 Posts
I think it's going to be awesome.
WMDfreeman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 WMDfreeman99
Member since 2007 • 1874 Posts
It seems their ratings are based alot on graphics..they always usually company the wii game they are reviewing to a current PS3 of 360 game in graphics...I just dont think they trully look at the wii for being a nextgen system..IMO
JAB991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#21 JAB991
Member since 2007 • 6077 Posts
SMG isn't a sequel. If you read the plot overview you would know that. It's the true successor to Super Mario 64. I think it'll get a 9.5.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#22 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
I think Smash Bros Brawl and Mario Galaxy will score at least a 9.0 With the possiblity of online for Smash Bros Brawl and Mario Galaxy looks really fun and challenging then I am sure both games will get good ratings. I am really excited about Mario Galaxy though.
han_186

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 han_186

SMG isn't a sequel. If you read the plot overview you would know that. It's the true successor to Super Mario 64. I think it'll get a 9.5.JAB991

oh, srry, typo mistake:P

Sants412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Sants412
It seems their ratings are based alot on graphics..they always usually company the wii game they are reviewing to a current PS3 of 360 game in graphics...I just dont think they trully look at the wii for being a nextgen system..IMOWMDfreeman99
Yeah that's so stupid cuz it's the best out of all of the next gen systems too.
ozzsoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ozzsoad
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts
[QUOTE="ozzsoad"]

ag1052

their reveiws are all .5s now... so your guess has to be 8.5 or 9.0

Not sure when the hell that happened, but it'll have to be an 8.5 then. I just can't see them giving the game a 9.

gamer6464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 gamer6464
Member since 2006 • 2239 Posts
I think that galaxy will get an 8.5 saying that there is no multiplayer (how can you make a platformer multiplayer??) and for a lack of story (its a mario platformer, not paper mario, get over it) also that super smash bros. brawl will probably get an 8.0 because its too much like the other 2 and that the differences between them are too minor toconsider it a really "new game" which will erupt the boards into total chaos involving pages of pages of locked threads and then there wont be any new posts for a couple of days because smash bros. fans will have all left. Also i find it funny how metroid prime 3 got the same score as that mercury meltdown revolution game.
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts

[QUOTE="Sants412"]Gamespot BETTER not mess up SMG's chances for GOTY.Sonick54

You have no idea. *Calls hitmen*

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#28 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
i dont care anymore. it gets what it gets, theirs no point in getting angry. I realized that after the MP3:C review when i went nuts.
yaceka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 yaceka
Member since 2006 • 251 Posts
My predictions:
Super Mario Galaxy = 9.0
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (with good online) = 9.0
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (with bad online) = 8.5
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (without online) = 8.0
dark_mask_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#30 dark_mask_91
Member since 2007 • 3004 Posts
[QUOTE="han_186"]

yanwasp

Uh, 8.5 is an excellent score. You needn't be ashamed of it. I'm about to go pick up Metroid Prime 3 right after my dentist appointment. A game doesn't NEED to score 9+ to be a good game. its just an opinion.

agreed
JAB991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#31 JAB991
Member since 2007 • 6077 Posts
[QUOTE="yanwasp"][QUOTE="han_186"]

dark_mask_91

agreed

I was bummed by the 8.5 even though it is a very good score. I guess it was more dissappointing knowing it wasn't going to beat BioShock for GotY. SMG really is the Wii's last hope to claim the honor.

japanesegoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 japanesegoth
Member since 2004 • 2164 Posts

anyway, since when has story been the main focus of a video game? if you want a really deep story, read a book....or watch a movie. you can have too much story like in xenosaga! omg the cutscenes never ended!

also...yeah, i don't think they're reviewing wii games and keeping inmind that they can't expect to see holy crap awesome visuals like the 360 and ps3 can pull off and they're judging based on that. the graphics do play a part in how a game is reviewed whether they admit it or not. like...there's so much hype over graphics that people say such great things about the game and in 2 years they're gonna be like...hmm, that game wasn't really that great. and there are now games that look even better.

Simba_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 Simba_Dude
Member since 2005 • 662 Posts

Part of me wants that to happen just to see people go crazy :DSonick54

Yes like what everyon did with Twilight Princess when GS rated it. But then again they were being really genrous on that title.

"OH NO 8.8 THAT IS CRAZY OF THEM TO DO THAT IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN A 9.0 WHAT HAPPENED TO THE .2 PEOPLE?!?!"

It should have actually gotten a 7.5 it was a rehash of OoT but just 40% of the things changed.

chansaet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 chansaet
Member since 2003 • 6281 Posts
It seems their ratings are based alot on graphics..they always usually company the wii game they are reviewing to a current PS3 of 360 game in graphics...I just dont think they trully look at the wii for being a nextgen system..IMOWMDfreeman99
The more I read gamespot reviews the more I am starting to buy into those people who says gamespot just flat out hates the wii. Look at the wii news. You see almost nothing. IGN has tons of news. The reviews of wii games are always the latest and done poorly compare to X360 games.
chansaet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 chansaet
[QUOTE="WMDfreeman99"]It seems their ratings are based alot on graphics..they always usually company the wii game they are reviewing to a current PS3 of 360 game in graphics...I just dont think they trully look at the wii for being a nextgen system..IMOchansaet
The more I read gamespot reviews the more I am starting to buy into those people who says gamespot just flat out hates the wii. Look at the wii news. You see almost nothing. IGN has tons of news. The reviews of wii games are always the latest and done poorly compare to X360 games.

also don't forget the april fools joke that came out before the wii came out where they mocked the wii by making up fake anylist saying wii was going to sell the best. And having those fanboy talk like woot in the april fools joke.
ColonelWilks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ColonelWilks
Member since 2005 • 3149 Posts

[QUOTE="WMDfreeman99"]It seems their ratings are based alot on graphics..they always usually company the wii game they are reviewing to a current PS3 of 360 game in graphics...I just dont think they trully look at the wii for being a nextgen system..IMOchansaet

"Fanboys see whatever bias they want to see" - GameFaqs Poll of the Day option.

kidrock17xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 kidrock17xp
Member since 2004 • 2966 Posts
i find it funny that warioware got higher than mp3, that's just wrong
msiak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 msiak
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

LOL If Mario Galaxy and brawl( either of them) score less than 9.0 I don't think I could take Gamespot seriously ever again.smackbang

Agreed!

Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts

[QUOTE="Sonick54"]Part of me wants that to happen just to see people go crazy :DSimba_Dude

Yes like what everyon did with Twilight Princess when GS rated it. But then again they were being really genrous on that title.

"OH NO 8.8 THAT IS CRAZY OF THEM TO DO THAT IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN A 9.0 WHAT HAPPENED TO THE .2 PEOPLE?!?!"

It should have actually gotten a 7.5 it was a rehash of OoT but just 40% of the things changed.

yea amd i supose ALL the othe big name sites and mags were being genrous when thay all gave it higher scores than GS lol what ever man.
ColonelWilks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ColonelWilks

i find it funny that warioware got higher than mp3, that's just wrongkidrock17xp

That's most likely because they're two different genres, and no to mention Warioware was reviewwed under the "old" rating system. Comparing a minigame compelation to a first-person shooter is like comparing apples and oranges. Gamespot rates games according to their genre, and you can be assured that there's much more FPS's to compare MP3 against than minigame compelations to compare against Warioware.

Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts
guys just take what ever GS has to say with a grain of salt and enjoy the MSG bords.....when every thing is not getting locked that is lol
chansaet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 chansaet

[QUOTE="smackbang"]LOL If Mario Galaxy and brawl( either of them) score less than 9.0 I don't think I could take Gamespot seriously ever again.msiak

Agreed!

I don't think brawl will score AAA becuase if you look at it no Super Smash Bros. before it ever did. And it does not look like it is that much improved. Looks more like SSBM with better graphic more character and online. Of course I will be getting it. Now Galaxy that one has a chance.
ColonelWilks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ColonelWilks
[QUOTE="Simba_Dude"]

[QUOTE="Sonick54"]Part of me wants that to happen just to see people go crazy :DWild_Card

yea amd i supose ALL the othe big name sites and mags were being genrous when thay all gave it higher scores than GS lol what ever man.

Gs seems to underrate games of ALL systems, not just the Wii. I think it stems from their "Higher Standards" rating system. Resistance got lower than the critics. Bioshock, lower than the critics, MP3, lower than the critics. Besides, instead of looking at MP3's Number rating, look at the words under it: "Great".

hoyaboyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 hoyaboyd
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
Just look at Metacritic.com or gamerankings.com. I feel like Brawl will get an 7.5 or 8 and Galaxy will get an 8.5 Gamespot looks like they are being hard asses just to be hard asses with their game reviews. The worst part of their reviews include comments like "better than the sum of its parts." Honestly, get over yourself. You guys got all hyped for Gears and gave it a much better review than it deserved(I own it and wasn't that impressed), so now you are trying to make up for it by rating everything hard.
ColonelWilks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ColonelWilks

Just look at Metacritic.com or gamerankings.com. I feel like Brawl will get an 7.5 or 8 and Galaxy will get an 8.5 Gamespot looks like they are being hard asses just to be hard asses with their game reviews. The worst part of their reviews include comments like "better than the sum of its parts." Honestly, get over yourself. You guys got all hyped for Gears and gave it a much better review than it deserved(I own it and wasn't that impressed), so now you are trying to make up for it by rating everything hard. hoyaboyd

"Better than the sum of its parts" is a compliment.

draftrough

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 draftrough
Member since 2005 • 502 Posts
why are you even reading gs reviews use ign for that use this site for the forum i mean look at the raiters on this site and youll know these dudes dont know a good game unless its a pointless killing and bloodshed type of game thats on 360 or ps3 not saying i dont like those games but im not like the gs guys and see those as the only good games trust me these dudes know about as much about video games as video game magazines tell them well not even that much.
GamespotWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 GamespotWii
Member since 2007 • 264 Posts
Im kind of sad people are more hyped for smg than for ssbb
Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#48 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
Gamespot BETTER not mess up SMG's chances for GOTY.Sants412
Yeah, but they are the ones choosing the GOTY, so I dont see how downgrading their own score of SMG can screw up their own chances of choosing who they want to win. lol
slickvic1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 slickvic1990
Member since 2004 • 2590 Posts
personally, i use gamespot for reading the reviews. their scores and reviews never seem to match. if i want a review, i go to GS. however, i will admit that some of the complaints were stupid and unjustified. if i want a score, i go to gamerankings. its better to know what EVERYONE thinks instead of going by one source.
Avatar image for nishamuffypuppy
nishamuffypuppy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#50 nishamuffypuppy
Member since 2004 • 5731 Posts
Haha you have a point there ... but imagine on IGN ... if MP3 scored a 9.5 but it Matt's favorite Wii game he's played and he'll review it ... whaddya know? :P