I can't sync Wii remotes w/ console anymore

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TALISMANJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TALISMANJ
Member since 2007 • 105 Posts

I purchased a Wii remote charge station from my local Gamestop. Initially it worked great. 30+ hours of game play per charge. As of last night everything went south. I switched Wii remotes, mid game, because the battery was running low. I was unable to re-sync the charged remote w/ my console even after checking w/ the Wii operating manual.

I grabbed the other remote (low charge) and attempted to operate my console, but no such luck. My PS3 & 360 are user friendly when it comes to recharging the controllers. The Wii seems to suck.

Does anyone have a solution to my problem?

DopeyDavoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DopeyDavoid
Member since 2004 • 5375 Posts

Unplug console and take out all the batteries from the wiimotes. Then turn everything on, press synch button on wii, press synch buttons on wiimotes and enjoy.

EDIT: That's if it's screwed up. In your case i think you just need to click home on the synched controller then go to wiimote options at the top and then unsynch them with the option at the bottom.

meimnobody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 meimnobody
Member since 2003 • 5565 Posts

Dude you only have to sync once. The wiimote that comes with the console is already synced with it. I can change batteries midgame all the time and just press A button a few times or whatever the game screen says to do then I am back in the game.

Turtodile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Turtodile
Member since 2003 • 462 Posts
why would you need to re-sync for changing the batteries, just take them out.
Kuhu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Kuhu
Member since 2004 • 2845 Posts

Yes I have also switched my batteries midgame and was still able to use both controllers. Did you try just resetting the console?

EDIT

Hold on, you changed the wiimotes themselves? That could be the issue right there. If your playing a 1 player game I dont think you could use... lets say the 2nd player wiimote for it. Once you start a game up the game will use the wiimote that you used to run the game.

dannytoska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dannytoska
Member since 2004 • 300 Posts
i had the same problem. Al I did was open the back of the remote and the front of the wii and pressed both sync buttons at the time time while the system was running. Then I pressed 1 and 2 at the same time and I got control back to the remote. I hope this helps.
meimnobody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 meimnobody
Member since 2003 • 5565 Posts
Yup he changed the wiimotes and tried to resync them when the controllers were already resynced. It's not switching a controller port you have to use the wiimote the game registers as player 1 to play the game and go to the home menu,
TALISMANJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TALISMANJ

Thanks for the advice. I'll give that a try tonight. I'm using battery packs that come with the charging station from Dal Tel (Still waiting for the Big N to issue their own charging stations).

the_leet_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 the_leet_kid
Member since 2005 • 9951 Posts

unplug the console from the wall, re plug and try syncing again.

Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#10 enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts

the_leet_kid

It happens a lot if there are nearby interference sources. Just do what he said, unplug the Wii from the current, wait 10 seconds and plug the Wii again, no need to re-sync the Wiimotes nor retiring batteries, that's up to you.

Hope that solves it

TALISMANJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TALISMANJ
[QUOTE="the_leet_kid"]

enrique_marrodz

It happens a lot if there are nearby interference sources. Just do what he said, unplug the Wii from the current, wait 10 seconds and plug the Wii again, no need to re-sync the Wiimotes nor retiring batteries, that's up to you.

Hope that solves it

Will do, thanks.

TALISMANJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TALISMANJ

Problem solved. Per the trouble shooting in the manual page 32. Turn off console. Turn on console.Hold synchro button on console for 15 seconds once the Health & Safety screen appears. Synchronize the Wii remotes per page 20 of the manual.

And presto, your back playing RE4.