I beat Zelda:OoT, now should I sell it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nozizaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 Nozizaki
Member since 2007 • 1471 Posts

Basically topic. I beat Ocarina of Time 3D last night, was a really great game, my favorite Zelda thus far (I've played all of 3 of them.) But, I really disliked being Kid Link and drudging through the first 3 dungeons repels me from doing a Master Quest playthrough. While I will play around with Boss Challenge, that'll hold me out for another sit down. And I looked up some recent offers for the game trade-in, and I could probably get $20+ at Gamestop. So should I sell it, or can you guys convince me to playthrough Master Quest??

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

just play threw the master quest, its much harder than the normal game. Also, why sell it when you can keep it forever as a colectable.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#3 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

just play threw the master quest, its much harder than the normal game. Also, why sell it when you can keep it forever as a colectable.

Gamingclone

This is the right answer.

Nozizaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Nozizaki

Gamingclone
'Cause I can get back more than half of my investment in the game, and thus go play Twilight Princess. I'm also not a huge fan, so collectible doesn't interest me. (But I did get the free soundtrack.)
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

beat master quest then sell it...everytime someone mentions the masterquest you will remember that you couldnt handle it and sold it...

also itz a zelda game so keep it for collectible.

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
I would sell it. But that's just me.
YoungFlitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#7 YoungFlitz
Member since 2011 • 854 Posts

I would replay through it again. I would keep it. Since there aren't that much 3DS games out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#8 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts
[QUOTE="Gamingclone"]

Nozizaki
'Cause I can get back more than half of my investment in the game, and thus go play Twilight Princess. I'm also not a huge fan, so collectible doesn't interest me. (But I did get the free soundtrack.)

Congrats. You threw away $20.00 to play a game from 1998 and trash it.
Master_Hand15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 Master_Hand15
Member since 2011 • 27 Posts

[QUOTE="Gamingclone"]

Nozizaki

Lol. No,you cant. The game is still new and selling really well. You wont be getting anywhere near what you paid for it. You should of just rented the game instead of buying it,beating it and then selling it. Waste of money and a very stupid decision to make if you make it.

xXShortroundXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 xXShortroundXx
Member since 2011 • 1807 Posts
[QUOTE="Gamingclone"]

Nozizaki

Keep OoT and but Twillight Princess aswell ! :D
mbrockway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mbrockway
Member since 2007 • 3560 Posts
I don't sell games anymore. Its not really worth it, and you never know, you might want to play it again or let a friend borrow it or your kids. Think I've got nearly 80 ps2 rpg's. Haven't played most of them yet, but I like having them if I ever get through my ps3 backlog.
JoeJoeLaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JoeJoeLaker
Member since 2010 • 704 Posts

There aren't many great 3DS games out now, so I would keep it.

If you sell it you'll regret it later on in the future.

I'm keeping mine forever.. I'm never going to sell it.

rain_ishigawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 rain_ishigawa
Member since 2008 • 286 Posts

when ganon gets revived again youre gonna regret selling your copy ...

also, talking about investment... getting almost half your money isnt really a good comeback because you technically rented the game for 3x the rent price... and you bought the game while not having utilized the whole software... see where im getting at here? youre on a negative on both ends ... even if you get half the money back you still "rented" a game for 20 bucks ...

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Finish it 100%. I think that is where the real fun is - exploring Hyrule.

ale_gamr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ale_gamr
Member since 2009 • 406 Posts

Keep it so you'll have a nice collection of games to replay through at the end of the day.

desk_jet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 desk_jet
Member since 2008 • 383 Posts

Honestly if i were you i would keep it, but its your decision and if your not that much of a fan of Zelda and if you satisfied with what you will get back from it ($20+) you should sell it and save up for the awesome games coming out in the Fall!

LaytonsCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 LaytonsCat
Member since 2010 • 3652 Posts

my favorite Zelda thus far (I've played all of 3 of them.)

Nozizaki

I think theres more than 10 Zelda games man

Nozizaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Nozizaki

@LaytonsCatExactly, I've played 3 out of 10.

[QUOTE="Nozizaki"][QUOTE="Gamingclone"]

Master_Hand15

Lol. No,you cant. The game is still new and selling really well. You wont be getting anywhere near what you paid for it. You should of just rented the game instead of buying it,beating it and then selling it. Waste of money and a very stupid decision to make if you make it.

Renting, simply put, isn't an option. At a time in the future I'll definetely get Gamefly, but right now, buying and supporting Nintendo with the purchase of a new game is good enough for me. Going to spend atleast a few more weeks playing around with it, maybe I will Master Quest it, but I am definetely going to sell.

Master_Hand15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Master_Hand15
Member since 2011 • 27 Posts

@LaytonsCatExactly, I've played 3 out of 10.

[QUOTE="Master_Hand15"]

[QUOTE="Nozizaki"] 'Cause I can get back more than half of my investment in the game, and thus go play Twilight Princess. I'm also not a huge fan, so collectible doesn't interest me. (But I did get the free soundtrack.)Nozizaki

Renting, simply put, isn't an option. At a time in the future I'll definetely get Gamefly, but right now, buying and supporting Nintendo with the purchase of a new game is good enough for me. Going to spend atleast a few more weeks playing around with it, maybe I will Master Quest it, but I am definetely going to sell.

Your loss then. Go ahead and sell it. But I'm telling you,your gonna regret making such a stupid decision.

Noj_Leakim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Noj_Leakim
Member since 2004 • 459 Posts

Nozizaki

Well I dont mean to sound like a douche, and I pretty much am, but if one reason you bought the game was to help support Nintendo selling the game back to gamestop is just hurting them in a very small way. They could end up losing a sale since gamestop is just going to buy it back for like at most 15 dollars, and then sell it back to someone for 35 dollars.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#21 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

[QUOTE="Nozizaki"]

Noj_Leakim

Well I dont mean to sound like a douche, and I pretty much am, but if one reason you bought the game was to help support Nintendo selling the game back to gamestop is just hurting them in a very small way. They could end up losing a sale since gamestop is just going to buy it back for like at most 15 dollars, and then sell it back to someone for 35 dollars.

Quoted for Truth. A major problem in the industry, according to game developers, is pre-owned games. People who could buy the game new at full price could save a little money by getting it used, but Nintendo won't see all of the profit that they would if they bought it new. But like Master Hand said, if you really don't like the game and don't want to keep it then there's no point in hanging onto it and wasting your time with it when you could be playing something else you do like. And I assume when you say "all 3 of the Zelda games" you mean all 3 iterations of OOT?
Aquat1cF1sh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 Aquat1cF1sh
Member since 2006 • 11096 Posts
Personally I'd keep it. What if you wanted to replay it later?
Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

That is the most insultive question i've heard in my whole gaming career.

Dude! you cannot,will not sell Ocarina of Time!

Nozizaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Nozizaki

[QUOTE="Noj_Leakim"]

[QUOTE="Nozizaki"]

Ovirew

Quoted for Truth. A major problem in the industry, according to game developers, is pre-owned games. People who could buy the game new at full price could save a little money by getting it used, but Nintendo won't see all of the profit that they would if they bought it new. But like Master Hand said, if you really don't like the game and don't want to keep it then there's no point in hanging onto it and wasting your time with it when you could be playing something else you do like. And I assume when you say "all 3 of the Zelda games" you mean all 3 iterations of OOT?

No, you miss-read that. I meant all of 3 of them, as in I've only played Spirit Tracks, OoT 3D and Link's Awakening.

It's not that I don't like the game, it's just I simply won't play-through it again. Once was great, but enough.

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
i got bored of the game before i beat it and sold it but then again i got it only for the music cd offer the game was overrated back on the 64 and it still is now