How Well Do Wavebirds Work on Wii?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JAB991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 0

#1 JAB991
Member since 2007 • 6077 Posts
A friend of mine, after purchasing his Wii, bought 4 Wavebirds and Super Smash Bros. Melee. He then started to complain that the reception was choppy and lagged incredibly. I then went to his place to play and the bad quality was evident. Is this possibly from the fact that the Wavebird was placed below the Wii while the receivers were above it or do Wavebirds just work poorly in general on the Wii. I expect the GameCube controller to be my main control scheme in Super Smash Bros Brawl and am hoping that this can be fixed by turning the Wii to fix awkward positioning.
Avatar image for thriteenthmonke
thriteenthmonke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 thriteenthmonke
Member since 2005 • 49823 Posts
Maybe it's getting interference from the wii's wireless.
Stuffed_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Stuffed_Monkey
Member since 2007 • 1436 Posts
I have a Wavebird and use it when I play GC and VC games on my Wii. So far it has been working perfectly, but make sure that your friend has the numbers at the bottom of the Wavebird and sensor set different for each control (That way they don't interfere).
WllDan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 WllDan7
Member since 2004 • 2581 Posts
They work perfectly with the wii. The numbers on the controllers have to much the receiver. Because when I play it works great.
kronovan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kronovan
Member since 2004 • 351 Posts
How do they work? in 3 words;very, very well. If you're friend isn't getting excellent control with them, then he's screwed up with their setup or the wavebird'sbatteries need replacing.
Eragont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Eragont
Member since 2006 • 1933 Posts
works fantastic for me and my mates, i have one to play vc and casual games from the distance of the far corner(cause its comfiest) but i tend to use a wired controller for smash cause that tiny lag. anyway when me and my friends get together two of usually use wavebirds cause of seating locations and besides the tiny lag that they always have there is nothing wrong with them at all.
KingKoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 KingKoop
Member since 2005 • 4268 Posts

How do they work? in 3 words;very, very well. If you're friend isn't getting excellent control with them, then he's screwed up with their setup or the wavebird'sbatteries need replacing.kronovan

Agreed, I've had no problems just make sure the channel on the reciever and the pad are matched.

gmrndlze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#8 gmrndlze
Member since 2007 • 185 Posts
They work perfectly fine on my Wii. I don't know why yuour friend would have problems.
mkfalcon2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mkfalcon2007
Member since 2006 • 931 Posts

1) change batteries.

2) experiment with different channels on the wavebirds. and make them apart from each other or until the wii doens't interfere...but hey its made by nitnedo so they wouldn't mess up like that.

so try: wavebird 1 to be at channel 9 (reciever too at channel 9) and wavebird 2 at channel 3. - just random but their far apart.

3) also, it helps to minimize the amount of wireless clutte rin ur room. don't stroe wireless thing between u and the wii. keep cellphone sin drawers/closets/pockets, and mayb telephone off to thie side somewhere.

4) wavebirds don't have pointers in them so i does NOT matter where they are. above or below or downstairs, they still work - provided that ur insulation isn't too good.

Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts
My wavebird's work fine. Although, my wavebirds ar above the Wii at most times.
han_186

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 han_186
Member since 2006 • 948 Posts
oh, i had this problem before. the wavebird takes about a second or half a second slower to react when u press a button, so if ur playing a super fast paced game like melee that takes lots of button mashing, you r bound to see a tiny little difference. but its not really a problem. That is why hard core smash players uses wired controllers
aransom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 aransom
Member since 2002 • 7408 Posts
Wavebirds work perfectly on the Wii.
WMDfreeman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 WMDfreeman99
Member since 2007 • 1874 Posts
any one know where is can get another wavebird..I have one and i want a second one..i cant find one at gamestop