How to connect your Nintendo 3DS to the internet on a University/College Campus.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DarkGamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DarkGamer007
Member since 2008 • 6033 Posts

I study at a University in Wisconsin, and all the University of Wisconsin schools use the same method of connecting wirelessly to the internet. I do not know if other Universities around the United States use the same method (though I assume some do). Basically in order to connect to my campus Wi-Fi, I have to enter a username and a password, this is something a Nintendo DS nor Nintendo 3DS allows to do, so the question is how can you connect your Nintendo DSi or Nintendo 3DS to the internet without having to go off-campus? This should work with all campus's that use this method of security and have a unsecured guest account.

1. Search for an Access point and select the campus's guest option.
  2. When you try do the test to connect to the internet on this connection it will fail. Simply exit the Internet Options and Settings on your 3DS or DSi.
  3. Load the internet browser, you should be taken to a website that will have you enter your e-mail or some other type of "Log-In" information. So simply input your e-mail address, click log-in, and wait for the next page to load.
  4. Once the page is doen loading you will connected to the internet on your 3DS and be able to visit and download games from the Nintendo e-Shop, browse the web, and play games online.

Please be aware that most guest accounts are unsecure and that you should avoid entering any person or credit information into the e-Shop. Use instead pre-paid e-Shop cards or wait until you can connect to a secure network before entering any information.

I hope this information is helpful to at least a few people, and this should work with a Playstation Portable and eventual the Playstation Vita as well.

cayne_phoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 cayne_phoenix
Member since 2002 • 2440 Posts
ill definitely try this the next time im on university network...
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
Thanks!!