How much does wi-fi capability affect your DS game purchases?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wagepeace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 wagepeace
Member since 2007 • 885 Posts

topic

i used to be more tempted to buy games if they DID have wi-fi, but since noone seems to be on much anymore--in addition to the fact that a lot of games nowadays are loaded with cheaters--ive gotten to where i play more solo games, whether they have wi-fi or not.

lzorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 lzorro
Member since 2006 • 7395 Posts
Wifi is a bonus for me it's not necessary since some games are ruined by cheaters >_>
wertyui5467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 wertyui5467
Member since 2006 • 1138 Posts

...Single player> (usually) multiplayer, so I don't much care, but then theres games like call of duty, that couldve had it...but don't need it, and then theres games like zelda, wich don't need it, but have it and it's simply a bonus...

Now if a Wii game has Wi-Fi that's important (asuming it's good...MOHH2=good!!...gepo wars...not so good...online co-op wtf!!)

bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts
Minimal at best. I tend not to play Wi-Fi.
guitarman89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 guitarman89
Member since 2007 • 1485 Posts
Wifi used to be a big factor for me, as I used to play MPH, Mario Kart, and a few other games online quite often. Now, wifi serves as little to no influence on games that I buy. I haven't played the DS online in almost six months. Cheaters and disconnectors have completely ruined Mario Kart, MPH, and all other DS wifi compatible games. I honestly have absolutely no desire to play random wifi ever again unless something is done to prevent cheating and disconnecting. Single player and local multiplayer capabilities (specifically the ability for single cart play) are much more important to me now, as my sister also has a DS and we don't want to have to buy two copies of a game in order to be able to play multplayer .
MisterG333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MisterG333
Member since 2007 • 741 Posts
sadly, for me this is 50% of my desicion. fine, call me a loser lol. i was gonna get FFTA2, adn FFCCROF, but they have crappy wifi or none at all, so they are off my list. After having my xbox, Multiplyaer seems to be the basis of bame buying for me. Imagina halo without Mp, it would suck. Dont hurt me :(
DazzleKitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DazzleKitty
Member since 2005 • 70 Posts
It doesn't affect it at all. A game doesn't need Wifi for me to enjoy it. Wifi is more of a bonus for me. I don't really use it much anyways for the same reasons as mentioned above - disconnecting and cheating. I was so excited about playing Mario Kart online and it's such a disappointment.
wagepeace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 wagepeace
Member since 2007 • 885 Posts

sadly, for me this is 50% of my desicion. fine, call me a loser lol. i was gonna get FFTA2, adn FFCCROF, but they have crappy wifi or none at all, so they are off my list. After having my xbox, Multiplyaer seems to be the basis of bame buying for me. Imagina halo without Mp, it would suck. Dont hurt me :(MisterG333

i wont hurt you.. lol... if it wasnt for cheaters and disconnectors, id be right there with you...or if i had a 360+halo. :D

Matt-Porter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Matt-Porter
Member since 2008 • 239 Posts
I generally base my opinion off of gameplay alone, if that involves online then it's a plus. For example advanced wars day of ruin comes out today, can't buy it til the 22nd, and it has online play. I was going to get it regardless, but when I heard about online play I was more then happy. It's all about the fun factor for me, regardless of what that may consist of.
foreversai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 foreversai
Member since 2004 • 1801 Posts
I love wifi features on games, the ability to challenge with someone across the globe sounds trully good to me.
But many people just turn off their system/disconnect when they know they are losing, and it's kinda frustrating.
They should tack a lost for this people who disconnects, maybe by using a system similar to how Animal Crossing detects u shutting down without saving.

Anyway, any game with good multiplayer feature and has Wifi definitly makes me wanna buy it more, seeing how it can actually have a lot of replay value.
General_Diablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 General_Diablo
Member since 2008 • 566 Posts
for me if the game it self is not truely amazing.. it is based on wifi
Marmba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Marmba
Member since 2007 • 127 Posts
Wifi hugly affects it for me
NanakiNebula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 NanakiNebula
Member since 2008 • 604 Posts

I barely ever use Wi-Fi capability. For me, the quality of the single player experience typically defines a game. I focus mainly on RPGs, and just the single player playthrough does the trick for me, as games like the Final Fantasy entries and their ilk are often made just to do that.

For certain games, though, Wi-Fi is quite handy. I find these games to be more casual. For example, Mario Kart DS holds much of its appeal in Wi-Fi, and I certainly like the game for it.

cfamgcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 cfamgcn
Member since 2004 • 5587 Posts
Wi-Fi doesn't really affect my decision of buying or not a game, but comes as a bonus, since it is always nice to beat a total stranger (at least for me)... I hate cheaters/disconnectors, though...
Elpio_Brazil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Elpio_Brazil
Member since 2007 • 109 Posts
That depends on what kind of game im looking for.Usually I dont pay much attention to that, but sometimesI just want good multiplayer.
ThePimpEdwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 ThePimpEdwin
Member since 2007 • 462 Posts
take metroid as an example without wi-fi it's really not a good game! wi-fi is the whole reason i bought it!
nickehl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 nickehl
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Wi-fi is a nice touch on DS games, if not a necessity for games like Mario Kart. However, I tend to be into games that don't really use Wi-Fi like RPGs. In that case, I could care less about the wi-fi connection, as it won't affect my gameplay :)
Avatar image for deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
Member since 2004 • 16051 Posts

I do not even know/check if a game have it or not.

It goes like this... cool game... nice gameplay.... buy the game... start playing.. oh look it has Wi-Fi... nice... keep playing :P