How come there's nothing but Anime and RPG's??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jayesler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Jayesler12
Member since 2006 • 1690 Posts
how come most of DS games are anime and RPG? like all i have is mario kart, yoshi's island, new super mario bros, mario bros.64 and zeldaPH. i'm not a big pokemon, RPG,or anime fan. i'm ok with some RPG's but not ones like final fantasy.and i need a new game because i'm super bored with my DS right now. i'm also not that interested in puzzle games. i bought the DS for mario games,few shooters, and adventure gamesand online play.
ninjavelmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 ninjavelmor
Member since 2004 • 1053 Posts
the caslevania games are good. and the mega man zx is good as well. if you can get your hands on a copy of metriod prime hunters, that has great online play
diangelogrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 diangelogrey
Member since 2004 • 932 Posts
What about Elite Beat Agents, that is a fantastic game that just about anyone can enjoy.
NightGrave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 NightGrave
Member since 2007 • 243 Posts

you should've probably bought a psp in the psp they have mostly racing games and such

Hells_Hammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Hells_Hammer
Member since 2007 • 972 Posts

Find some mini game type of DS games. Warioware and Cooking Mamma are both great games to check out. Also, try Hotel Dusk if you can find it. It's a pretty creative take on video games. Lots of cool interactions and storylines, plays kinda like a first person book...

Good luck.

hack-shinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#6 hack-shinobi
Member since 2007 • 3543 Posts

I myself like the amount of anime and RPg's on the ds. I think there could be more!!!

I like Rpg's and I like anime so I love the ds!!!

Look around for some adventure games like castlevania Dawn of Sorrow and Portrait of Ruin.

Then maybe you to, will like the ds better.

-hack

Avatar image for TalesofRaGnArOk
TalesofRaGnArOk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 TalesofRaGnArOk
Member since 2007 • 3189 Posts

there are hardly any rpg games and anime games out right now....you just proved that with your games list.

But FF3 was a great game, both castlevanias were great, Luminous Arc was Ok, etc.

RPGs are usually very good. Whats not to like?

lillan2967

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lillan2967
Member since 2004 • 196 Posts
Wow dude, just because a game has an anime art style doesn't necessary mean its an 'anime' game. It could be any genre for a game that just happens to use that art style, itdoesn't mean its a bad game by any means.
lillan2967

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lillan2967
Member since 2004 • 196 Posts
Wow dude, just because a game has an anime art style doesn't necessary mean its an 'anime' game. It could be any genre for a game that just happens to use that art style, itdoesn't mean its a bad game by any means.
TheChemistGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TheChemistGuy
Member since 2006 • 127 Posts
Advance Wars is a bit "amine-y, but its not an RPG, and it's still my fave on DS after nearly two years now.
DashedDreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DashedDreams
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

If it's about anime games on the ds I'm bummed that Haruhi's coming to the PSP(nooo...)

If you think about it anime games are more suited to the ds since the source material is 2d and thus can be rendered more effcetively than anything 3d. I just wish that there were more visual novels on the ds,I'd love to play Tsukihime on my ds

DashedDreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DashedDreams
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

If it's about anime games on the ds I'm bummed that Haruhi's coming to the PSP(nooo...)

If you think about it anime games are more suited to the ds since the source material is 2d and thus can be rendered more effectively than anything 3d. I just wish that there were more visual novels on the ds,I'd love to play Tsukihime on my ds

Cristallis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Cristallis
Member since 2007 • 667 Posts
Get Animal Crossing or Hotel Dusk. Advance Wars is fun too.
SeanN003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 SeanN003
Member since 2007 • 468 Posts

Man, what are you talking about? There are only three or so anime games on the system, and maybe a dozen RPGs.

In the top 40 games on this list there are only three RPGs, a pokemon game, and no anime games. I'm sorry, but you are simply misinformed. You need to look a little harder.

Bio_Spark

That's exactly what I was thinking :|

JiMMay4ShiZZay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JiMMay4ShiZZay
Member since 2004 • 318 Posts

thank you for making this thread, i am tired of all the freaking anime crap that comes out for the DS when they could be making good games. for example how many horrible naruto games have been releaesed in the last year, what like 8? and now bleach has all this coming out. it is just generic anime that doesnt deserve any more space in the industry. by all means buy the games from japan that is great but im tired of it here. the only anime i have enjoyed was cowboy bebop because it is plain awesome, but the rest is for preteen boys and adult men that act like preteen boys fantasising over the unrealistic relationships in these cartoons that have some action every 6 episodes.

so there ya have it

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#18 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts
As some have mentioned, I think the TC is confusing art style with content. Most games for the DS that are hits are unsurprisingly by Japanese developers who have a large stake in the handheld business and so Japanese art styles are prevelent.
_Cab0ose87_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 _Cab0ose87_
Member since 2006 • 1002 Posts

MAN OH MAN! i wish i could see all these "anime based games" that are probably great if you can get past the fact that its anime, which isnt hard. Past the mounds of pereverbial GARBAGE! like Games such as Zach and cody's suite life of being stupid and annoying some black british butler who is clearly supposed to be a knock off of jeffery from fresh prince....

OR OR OR Hilary duffs game in which she... acts like a total ditzzy blonde.
Or hannah Montana and something about fashion sense and whatever

Or the LOADS AND LOADS of cheap pokemon knock offs like dino adventure ( or what ever it is i cant remember the name)

or how about i reach into the "Game" shelf further and pull out some terrible video game version of some terrible childrens movie.

the amount of visible SHOVELWARE on the DS makes me wanna punch babies...

its probably where i live but i cant see any ACTUAL games past this trash... Wanna trade stores? please?

oh yea.. then theres Bionicle and "justice league mystery of the frozen turd that was rushed to retail"

Ill spoil the ending for you if you want to save 40 bucks... The Frozen turd you've been trying to find for the last 4 hours or however long it takes you to endure this crap, HAS INDEED been inside your DS this entire time since you brought the game home! and carelessly JAMMED it inside your unsuspecting system :O!

_Cab0ose87_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 _Cab0ose87_
Speaking of which... i should just Make a game for DS myself Called "Where's teh Garbage????"
and as soon as you boot up the game the first thing you see on the screen is "ITS IN YOUR DS!! WASTING YOUR TIME!!!"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21 avataraang1
Member since 2006 • 5436 Posts
how come most of DS games are anime and RPG? like all i have is mario kart, yoshi's island, new super mario bros, mario bros.64 and zeldaPH. i'm not a big pokemon, RPG,or anime fan. i'm ok with some RPG's but not ones like final fantasy.and i need a new game because i'm super bored with my DS right now. i'm also not that interested in puzzle games. i bought the DS for mario games,few shooters, and adventure gamesand online play. Jayesler12
Because Nintendo is about appeasing the fans with crappy animes games that have no fun in them so they can make MONEY
Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Articuno76

MAN OH MAN! i wish i could see all these "anime based games" that are probably great if you can get past the fact that its anime, which isnt hard. Past the mounds of pereverbial GARBAGE! like Games such as Zach and cody's suite life of being stupid and annoying some black british butler who is clearly supposed to be a knock off of jeffery from fresh prince....

Or the LOADS AND LOADS of cheap pokemon knock offs like dino adventure ( or what ever it is i cant remember the name)

or how about i reach into the "Game" shelf further and pull out some terrible video game version of some terrible childrens movie.

its probably where i live but i cant see any ACTUAL games past this trash... Wanna trade stores? please?

oh yea.. then theres Bionicle and "justice league mystery of the frozen turd that was rushed to retail"

Ill spoil the ending for you if you want to save 40 bucks... The Frozen turd you've been trying to find for the last 4 hours or however long it takes you to endure this crap, HAS INDEED been inside your DS this entire time since you brought the game home! and carelessly JAMMED it inside your unsuspecting system :O!

_Cab0ose87_

Waaaah! waaah! I'm to lazy to read reviews!!!

That's all I heard.

Also, don't punch babies, that's just wrong.

_Cab0ose87_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 _Cab0ose87_
[QUOTE="_Cab0ose87_"]

Articuno76

Waaaah! waaah! I'm to lazy to read reviews!!!

That's all I heard.

Also, don't punch babies, that's just wrong.

dude im not too lazy to read reviews.. im saying that there are NO good games at my local stores.. the only good one was new super mario bros and i own that.. Lol all im saying is that i cant see any games because all my store carries is this garbage. And im not going to read reviews on Hannah montana and hilary duff and zach and cody i was just stating that thats all there is at MY store. i dont buy this crap i just see it everywhere, christ maybe your the one too lazy to read...
Avatar image for TalesofRaGnArOk
TalesofRaGnArOk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 TalesofRaGnArOk
Member since 2007 • 3189 Posts

Speaking of which... i should just Make a game for DS myself Called "Where's teh Garbage????"
and as soon as you boot up the game the first thing you see on the screen is "ITS IN YOUR DS!! WASTING YOUR TIME!!!"
_Cab0ose87_

:lol:

You, sir, are awsome. But contrary to your opinion, I suggest you go to the DS review section of gamespot and check all the great DS games, imports included. Im sure you not trying to tell me that Fire Emblem DS is not the greatest thing since sliced bread?

classicgameR4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#25 classicgameR4
Member since 2007 • 384 Posts
[QUOTE="Bio_Spark"]

Man, what are you talking about? There are only three or so anime games on the system, and maybe a dozen RPGs.

In the top 40 games on this list there are only three RPGs, a pokemon game, and no anime games. I'm sorry, but you are simply misinformed. You need to look a little harder.

SeanN003

That's exactly what I was thinking :|

what i was thinkin to
Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Articuno76

dude im not too lazy to read reviews.. im saying that there are NO good games at my local stores.. the only good one was new super mario bros and i own that.. Lol all im saying is that i cant see any games because all my store carries is this garbage. And im not going to read reviews on Hannah montana and hilary duff and zach and cody i was just stating that thats all there is at MY store. i dont buy this crap i just see it everywhere, christ maybe your the one too lazy to read..._Cab0ose87_

I am sure that there are more games than that in your store based on the notion that there are more games than that, that are decent on the DS which most game stores should be carrying. If your store doesn't carry them that means the point of your post was about the store rather than the DS library itself, in which case you're off-topic.

bernieberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 bernieberry
Member since 2007 • 439 Posts
Look around for some good adventure games.
jouvjouv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 jouvjouv
Member since 2007 • 158 Posts

Ok, I'm a huge anime fan, not watching just crappy shows like naruto or bleach. Sure there's been recently a few naruto games and 2 bleach games coming out. So, is that really alot? Who cares? Just don't pay any attention to them if you think they're bad. it's simple as that! and just because the art is anime stylish, doesn't mean it's really anime. It's a different type of art, and just because it's like that, you shouldn't exactly call it an anime. For the rpgs, I do agree there's been a few coming out, but I'll just name a few good NON-rpg games coming out.

viva pinata ds,mario party,elite beat agents,taiko no tatsujin ( a music rythem game), starfox, contra 4, trauma center, sonic rush and rush adventure, metal slug 7,meteos, planet puzzle leauge, animal crossing, pheonix wright, new mario bros, nintendogs, hotel dusk, metroid prime, yoshi's island, puzzle quest, and lot more to come. Is that little? I think not

_Cab0ose87_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 _Cab0ose87_
[QUOTE="_Cab0ose87_"]

dude im not too lazy to read reviews.. im saying that there are NO good games at my local stores.. the only good one was new super mario bros and i own that.. Lol all im saying is that i cant see any games because all my store carries is this garbage. And im not going to read reviews on Hannah montana and hilary duff and zach and cody i was just stating that thats all there is at MY store. i dont buy this crap i just see it everywhere, christ maybe your the one too lazy to read...Articuno76

I am sure that there are more games than that in your store based on the notion that there are more games than that, that are decent on the DS which most game stores should be carrying. If your store doesn't carry them that means the point of your post was about the store rather than the DS library itself, in which case you're off-topic.

Totally.. its just, i always see this stuff and im not an RPG fan at all... mostly cause im terrible at it, But i don't mind anime based games cause i actually do like the art style but the shows ARE terrible over this side of the ocean.

I should go to like Eb or something and unload on used games cause, also where i live, I cant even RENT DS OR PsP games... so i hope i made it just a bit more understandable on how frustrating this is.

Also! Yeah i DID mean the store itself because i know for a fact that the DS has great games. I was just saying that it is really hard to find the games i want in the stores that are relatively close to my house. So, yea.. I'm sorry for goingoff topic but it seemed to me that the TC WAS complaining that the DS only has games Based on Manga.

_Cab0ose87_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 _Cab0ose87_

[QUOTE="_Cab0ose87_"]Speaking of which... i should just Make a game for DS myself Called "Where's teh Garbage????"
TalesofRaGnArOk

:lol:

You, sir, are awsome. But contrary to your opinion, I suggest you go to the DS review section of gamespot and check all the great DS games, imports included. Im sure you not trying to tell me that Fire Emblem DS is not the greatest thing since sliced bread?

:lol: No, definately Not,I think Fire emblem is awesome i played it once on GBA, i got the S*** kicked outta me but i had fun lol.

Shroomy343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Shroomy343
Member since 2007 • 30 Posts
Yeah I don't really get anime or rpgs much at all, they are both mysteries I will never solve. I stick to my guns with Sonic Rush, New Super Mario Bros., Super Mario 64 DS, Elite Beat Agents (comic Book Style to me), and a few more.
kiruyama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 kiruyama
Member since 2006 • 1205 Posts
Advance wars? Metroid? Castlevania? Lunar Knights? Sonic RA? And upcoming games like Advance Wars DoR, Dementium, Ninja Gaiden DS? Yes, all anime and RPGs.
Matdredalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#34 Matdredalia
Member since 2006 • 197 Posts

You're screwed. Seriously. No puzzle's, FF-style RPG's, or anime games....crimany.

In all seriousness:

MarioKart is your friend.

Also, you should try Kirby: Canvas Curse (if you can find it), Cooking Mama, Lost Magic, Children of Mana (not an RPG, no matter what ANYONE tells you. It's a dungeon-crawler), and I've heard the Castlevania games are great, as well. Also, Phantom Hourglass is, of course, God. Ah, and I've heard that Etrian Odessey is both incredible and cursed. Play at your own risk.

Oh, and wether you like puzzle games or not, if you don't own a copy of Tetris: DS, you're just not worthy of owning a DS.

OmegaClaw345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#35 OmegaClaw345
Member since 2005 • 130 Posts

So what if a game has an anime style to it? Are you not going to play it simple because of the art style? Not to even coming close to considering how the gameplay is like? Then you sir should wake up and smell the coffee cause more games are going to be like that and anime is going to take over the world all thanks to the wonders of 4KIDS ENTERTAINMENT! MWAHAHAHA!!!

*cough*

But consider this. What if your favourite game hmmm let's say for example Halo or Gears of War (just guessing since they are popular franchises oh and don't flame me cause I didn't think of any Sony or Nintendo mascots) went anime! Would you stop playing them??!!! lol just imagine Master Chief or Marcus Fenix with them BIG HUGE anime like eyes!

MrHarmanSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MrHarmanSmith
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
This is a very old topic, but I happened to have found it whilst searching " Why are all RPGs on the DS in 'anime' style? " I'm afraid I cannot sit idly by whilst 70% of the people that have posted in this topic carry a biased opinion. Have you not taken into account the ridiculous mass of spiky haired little cartoons in your avatars? Ugh...it's so pathetic. I'm guessing the majority of you are quite young ( early teens, ) or otherwise the kind of 'mature' people that consider themselves 'artistic' and 'emotional.' Unfortunately, the people trying to defend against you hordes of little brats ( the kind of brats that upload videos to YouTube of pathetically monotonous action sequences, downloaded from their favourite japanese cartoons, with music by the latest 'Deathcore, **** band) are really doing a poor job of defending this argument. Firstly, try going to the DS section of this site. Then, 'all DS games,' and finally, browse all games. Next, change the filters so you're only viewing 'Role-playing.' Interesting. It seems at least 99% of the games listed seem to have...spiky haired characters. I believe you'll find a lot of them have some kind of character in the background with most of his or her hair being flapped around in the wind. That one is the 'deep, dark, mysterious' character. How delightfully individual. I'm so happy as a DS owner to have such possibility and variety in my game choices. I think I'll go and pick up a nice role playing game tonight. I wonder if I'll find one that isn't a big Final Fantasy rip off. Oh, I just mentioned Final Fantasy...is that the only ammunition I've got? No, I don't believe it is: "Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days," - Outcome - Blonde, spiky hair, blue eyes...some idiot in the background ( The 'deep character' ) with striking red hair. Ridiculous. "Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Saiyans, " - Outcome - JESUS CHRIST, THOSE SPIKY HEADS ARE FALLING OFF OF THE COVER ART! "Avalon Code," - Outcome - Ah, yes, the mandatory cute, colourful ones. Less spikes, more straight, box shaped hair. Like a helmet. "LostMagic," - Outcome - Blonde, spiky hair, blue eyes...well, I NEVER! "Magical Starsign" - Blue eyes, spiky blonde hair, wait...the companion...PURPLE EYES?! "Luminous Arc 2," - Outcome - Look, I can't be bothered any more. You get the gist. Do it for yourself, you'll be surprised how many of these pieces of crap there are. Now, I really enjoy a good RPG. Especially the Final Fantasy series. They're the original, right? Beyond that it's just a big knock off. It's not that I'm saying these are bad games as such. It's just their stylistic choices. Of course, the gameplay mechanics could be pioneering and revolutionary. I'm just so dishearted. I regularly check the 'Role-playing' section for new games that might have a stylistic edge. Something completely different. Unfortunately I'm met with really gimmicky children's games. Nintendo really need to get with the system and get a few mature developers in. I'm going to go and play a different game now. A game without spike 'eds.
jjtiebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#38 jjtiebuckle
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts
It's great and all to have an opinion about something, but to revive a top more than a year old and expect responses from the original posters? It's like beating an RPG at level 1- not going to happen! I would of just created a new thread, but that's just me..
MrHarmanSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MrHarmanSmith
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Exactly, that's just you. You're not me. I'm not doing this to get a response from the original posters. I'm doing this so other people with the same issue can enjoy reading my rant. These posts were a few years ago, maybe the role-playing games list was different back then. All I know is right now DS games are at an ultimate low. I'm surprised Nintendo are making any money.