Hopefully Nintendo can keep most PAAGGs off the WiiU

• 93 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 soundcellx
Member since 2006 • 976 Posts

and all other pewpew shootie games for that matter...

Sure, Nintendo consoles have a few PAAGGs on them. However, other systems are just plagued and flooded with awful PAAGG shootie pewpew games. Yes, the WiiU has Clone of Duty and will have that Alienz game, but unlike the other consoles, Nintendo always has awesome variety and isn't just full of awful pewpew PAAGGs. 

The problem with PAAGGs is that they are all the same, are shallow, have bare bones "gameplay", are linear, rely on gimmicky set pieces, no exploration, no puzzles, no side quests, etc. These "games" (If you can really call them games) just have no substance in them.

Also, one of the biggest problems with PAAGGs is that they cause LCD (Lowest Common Denominator) to play video games, and most modern video games are LCDGs (Lowest Common Denominator Games). Thankfully, Nintendo does not rely on gimmicky shooters to sell. 

This is just one reason why I love Nintendo to death.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#2 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

As long as I get my Mario fixes (Brawl, Kart, Platforming), Zelda, Pikmin and Metroid franchise I'm a happy camper. :)

Not to mention, RPG's such as The Last Story and Xenosaga and ever Monster Hunter are all to my liking. 

I would love to see some new I.P's over the years as well. The Monolith Studio is shaping up to be my new favorite developer. I'm sure we will see some shooters on the system but there is a reason Nintendo had always been in my family, for everyone to enjoy. Wii U is no different. 

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Words he said went here

soundcellx

Wait, so Nintendo is in trouble, their new console is failing to sell, and your plan is LESS games?

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 soundcellx

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

Words he said went here

Jaysonguy

Wait, so Nintendo is in trouble, their new console is failing to sell, and your plan is LESS games?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Nintendo...IN TROUBLE??? HA! Good one, Mister Troll.

You're just sad that the only failures that Nintendo has ever had are the Virtual Boy and possibly the GameCube. Nintendo is still going very strong. Stronger than the other systems with their crappy PAAGGs. The Wii U is selling just fine and will sell better than hotcakes once all the first party Nintendo IPs start to roll out.

Also, people buy Nintendo consoles for first party Nintendo titles. I don't give an F about 3rd party games.

Nintendo have a proven track record and will continue to pwn the competition. Nintendo have so many beloved characters, and Sony doesn't have any good characters anymore. Also, Mirco$oft only has Mister Chef and Mark Phoenix. 

PS: You said, "LESS games", however, I do not consider PAAGGs to be games, since they have bad shallow combat with flash over substance.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

Play as a gun game is the funniest thing I've heard anyone call an FPS :P

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 soundcellx

WreckEm711

I did not invent the term. Apparently a user named DigitalPixelBit invented the term, and I helped popularize it on GameFaqs, since I am Mister Agent_Greer, the one, the only, the legend. Anyhow, I do not take credit for a term that I did not create.

Also, in the movie Wreck it Ralph, it also has a FPS game where the gun has a camera behind it. No person, just a gun! So, it pretty much illustrates the term "PAAGG" pretty well.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

What the flying rat f#ck is a PAAGG? Can you not just say FPS like a good non-idiot?

WreckEm711

Ah, I see...man that's just painful to read and to hear it must be horribly worse. Thankfully few people say this crap.

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 soundcellx

What the flying rat f#ck is a PAAGG? Can you not just say FPS like a good non-idiot?

jer_1

*Report abuse to moderator*

Wait, HOLD THA PHONE! We already explained what PAAGG means twice and it is a term that is continuing to rise in popularity, you obviously could not read and comprehend that, yet you insinuated I am an idiot? Look into a mirror and say that.

Also, FPS does not describe what these games are. The perspective you see the game at is not from eye level. The perspective is from the same height as the gun. Also, since there are almost always no legs, then that means that you play as a magical floating gun.

Think next time before you post. 

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#9 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

Nintendo does not rely on gimmicky shooters to sell. 

soundcellx
So they rely on gimmicky controls, then. They got lucky with the first Wii, but it ain't happening this time around. In case you haven't noticed, Wii U is loosing games at an alarming rate. Third publisher belief is falling by the wayside. Rayman Legends loses exclusivity to Nintendo, being pushed back to September. Bioshock Infinite will not come to the Wii U. EA Sports just announced they're declining further support. If you ask me, Nintendo needs to take whatever games it can get right now. And for the love of god, quit using PAAGG. It was FPS back in the days of Doom, and it should stay that way.
soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 soundcellx

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

JustPlainLucas

So they rely on gimmicky controls, then. They got lucky with the first Wii, but it ain't happening this time around. In case you haven't noticed, Wii U is loosing games at an alarming rate. Third publisher belief is falling by the wayside. Rayman Legends loses exclusivity to Nintendo, being pushed back to September. Bioshock Infinite will not come to the Wii U. EA Sports just announced they're declining further support. If you ask me, Nintendo needs to take whatever games it can get right now. And for the love of god, quit using PAAGG. It was FPS back in the days of Doom, and it should stay that way.

I don't give an F about Rayman. Rayman had no influence on my decision to go with Nintendo. Nintendo have always made the best games and Nintendo has always been on top since NES. 

Bioshock Infinite? Isn't that part of that crappy generic PAAGG bioshock series? those games are incredibly overrated. 

Sports games, who the F plays sports games? Sports are for neanderthall meatheads. Lowest Common Denominator Games (LCDG) for the LCDG braindead average person.

Nintendo has Mario, Samus, Donkey Kong, Link, Kirby, and so many beloved characters that the other consoles do not have. Wii has sold around 100 consoles, and Mario Kart and NSMB Wii both sold around 30 million each, if I remember correctly. 

I hate the Wiimote and motion controls in general, which is why I adore the Wii U, and the Wii U will continue to gradually get more and more games. Sorry that you're going to cry once Nintendo wins yet another generation, and obliterates the competition. No wonder the Playstation brand sucks these days. Hasn't been good since PS2 and PS1. Xbox - HA, Mircosoft has no games.

Gimmicky controls? The Wii U gamepad has dual analog sticks, you troll. 

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JustPlainLucas

[QUOTE="JustPlainLucas"] [QUOTE="soundcellx"]

soundcellx

I don't give an F about Rayman. Rayman had no influence on my decision to go with Nintendo. Nintendo have always made the best games and Nintendo has always been on top since NES. 

Bioshock Infinite? Isn't that part of that crappy generic PAAGG bioshock series? those games are incredibly overrated. 

Sports games, who the F plays sports games? Sports are for neanderthall meatheads. Lowest Common Denominator Games (LCDG) for the LCDG braindead average person.

Nintendo has Mario, Samus, Donkey Kong, Link, Kirby, and so many beloved characters that the other consoles do not have. Wii has sold around 100 consoles, and Mario Kart and NSMB Wii both sold around 30 million each, if I remember correctly. 

I hate the Wiimote and motion controls in general, which is why I adore the Wii U, and the Wii U will continue to gradually get more and more games. Sorry that you're going to cry once Nintendo wins yet another generation, and obliterates the competition. No wonder the Playstation brand sucks these days. Hasn't been good since PS2 and PS1. Xbox - HA, Mircosoft has no games.

Gimmicky controls? The Wii U gamepad has dual analog sticks, you troll. 

Look, I love Nintendo, but I will be damned if I don't call them out on their mistakes. They haven't been on top since the SNES. N64? Failed to the PlayStation. GameCube? Failed to the PS2 and Xbox. Wii? Failed to the 360 and PS3. Don't make the mistake that the 100 million units sold counts for anything, which it doesn't. How's that software to hardware ratio? Pretty low, right? The only way Nintendo even survived last generation was reselling a GameCube with motion controls to attract a group of casual games who play nothing but cheap party games, or who bought it as an exercise machine thanks to Wii Fit. And yes, gimmicky controls. Sure, the gamepad has control sticks, but it also has a 130 dollar screen that a lot of developers don't even want to use effectively. Hell, Nintendo could barely even find creative uses for it with their own Mario game. They inflated the price of the system for a gimmick. Nintendo needs to step it up, and I consider myself a true Nintendo fan because I want more from them. Call me a troll if you want, but you're a tool, because the people who think like you send the message to Nintendo that they're doing nothing wrong.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

Words he said went here

soundcellx

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Nintendo...IN TROUBLE??? HA! Good one, Mister Troll.

You're just sad that the only failures that Nintendo has ever had are the Virtual Boy and possibly the GameCube. Nintendo is still going very strong. Stronger than the other systems with their crappy PAAGGs. The Wii U is selling just fine and will sell better than hotcakes once all the first party Nintendo IPs start to roll out.

Also, people buy Nintendo consoles for first party Nintendo titles. I don't give an F about 3rd party games.

Nintendo have a proven track record and will continue to pwn the competition. Nintendo have so many beloved characters, and Sony doesn't have any good characters anymore. Also, Mirco$oft only has Mister Chef and Mark Phoenix. 

PS: You said, "LESS games", however, I do not consider PAAGGs to be games, since they have bad shallow combat with flash over substance.

Wow, you knew even less about this then you do digital content.

Are you new to gaming? I can teach you a couple things so you don't look so......whatever it is you think you're doing when you have these conversations.

The Wii U is failing right now, Nintendo's numbers are down to the point where they're reducing the number of consoles they'll sell by the millions.

We'll soon see the release of Nintendo's value bundle for the console. Less than 3 months out and they already need to cut the price. That's unheard of.

So while Nintendo is limping and hemorrhaging money you think up this brilliant idea "oh I know, Nintendo's doing badly because no one wants to buy a console for the games it has, I'll fix that by offering even less games!"

Holy cow, your logic is disturbing.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts

:lol:

I've never heard of or seen the acronym PAAGG!!

It's actually really funny. Thanks for bringing this to my attention because I do not really like FPS (PAAGGs :P ) The closest thing to an FPS I really got in to was the Metroid Prime series... but those were so much more than an FPS.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JustPlainLucas
Yeah, honestly. Whoever came up with that acronym needs to be slapped.
soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 soundcellx

Yeah, honestly. Whoever came up with that acronym needs to be slapped.JustPlainLucas

Yeah, honestly. Whoever came up with generic modern military PAAGGs needs to be slapped.  

1PMrFister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#16 1PMrFister
Member since 2010 • 3134 Posts

Yeah, honestly. Whoever came up with that acronym needs to be slapped.JustPlainLucas

Also, I agree with everything else JustPlainLucas said. Wii-U needs all the games it can get right now. Now is not the time for "fans" to be pulling this elitist "I don't want those games anyway" attitude.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JustPlainLucas

Yeah, honestly. Whoever came up with generic modern military PAAGGs needs to be slapped.  

soundcellx

You know what... I can say on terms of actual innovation, Nintendo franchises can come off just as generic. Mario runs to the right, saves princess. Link solves a forest, fire, desert and ice temple, saves princess. Mario races around a track in a go-kart in courses he already raced on in the previous game. Doesn't matter, though. They're all fun games. Your animosity towards this "PAAGG" genre is a bit much. I bet you'd have no problem with Nintendo if they made a "PAAGG". Wow, the more I type that acronym, the stupid I sound, and the fact that you have to have retort by copying and modifying my sentence shows that you've run out of purposeful things to say, provided you even said anything purposeful to begin with.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

JustPlainLucas

You know what... I can say on terms of actual innovation, Nintendo franchises can come off just as generic. Mario runs to the right, saves princess. Link solves a forest, fire, desert and ice temple, saves princess. Mario races around a track in a go-kart in courses he already raced on in the previous game. Doesn't matter, though. They're all fun games. Your animosity towards this "PAAGG" genre is a bit much. I bet you'd have no problem with Nintendo if they made a "PAAGG". Wow, the more I type that acronym, the stupid I sound, and the fact that you have to have retort by copying and modifying my sentence shows that you've run out of purposeful things to say, provided you even said anything purposeful to begin with.

Please don't use that word again, you're too smart to resort to that

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 soundcellx

Just about every Nintendo console has been successful, not all, but almost all. You know, people were saying the same thing about the NDS and 3DS, and look at them now. Nintendo will have the last laugh, at your expense. Nintendo have never ever let me down (well, except for awful motion controls). 

Nintendo value console? - You're speaking out your ass, you troll.

For a company hemmoraging money, they sure are pwning both Sony and $uck$oft.

As for your logic, it appears you do not have any.  

[QUOTE="JustPlainLucas"]

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

Jaysonguy

Nintendo games are actually the opposite of generic. Sure you have a point about NSMB, but other than that, not really. 

Hmm, I loved Twilight Princess and loathed Skyward Sword, so I guess they are not the same. 

I would have a problem if Nintendo started being flooded with PAAGGs like The Conduit, which I will not play. Metroid Prime however isn't like the other PAAGGs, and actually has depth to it, exploration, etc. 

Please don't use that word again, you're too smart to resort to that

Jaysonguy

PAAGG is an acronym, not a word. So, I guess you shouldn't be saying who is smart and isn't since you do not have that right.  

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 soundcellx

Look, I love Nintendo, but I will be damned if I don't call them out on their mistakes. They haven't been on top since the SNES. N64? Failed to the PlayStation. GameCube? Failed to the PS2 and Xbox. Wii? Failed to the 360 and PS3. Don't make the mistake that the 100 million units sold counts for anything, which it doesn't. How's that software to hardware ratio? Pretty low, right? The only way Nintendo even survived last generation was reselling a GameCube with motion controls to attract a group of casual games who play nothing but cheap party games, or who bought it as an exercise machine thanks to Wii Fit. And yes, gimmicky controls. Sure, the gamepad has control sticks, but it also has a 130 dollar screen that a lot of developers don't even want to use effectively. Hell, Nintendo could barely even find creative uses for it with their own Mario game. They inflated the price of the system for a gimmick. Nintendo needs to step it up, and I consider myself a true Nintendo fan because I want more from them. Call me a troll if you want, but you're a tool, because the people who think like you send the message to Nintendo that they're doing nothing wrong. JustPlainLucas

The N64 had some of my favorite games of all time. Nothing was wrong with N64. Mario and Zelda and Mario Kart and Shadows of the Empire and Starfox 64 and more all kept me busy. PlayStation was great too, but for JRPGs. 

Does PS3 have any good games? I have like 5 PS3 games sitting on my shelf, and I have owned a Ps3 for 6 years. Casual games? Monster Hunter Tri, casual???? WHUT?? Actually the other shooter consoles are more casuals because they are littered with awful shooties. 

The Wii U HAS ONLY BEEN OUT 3 MONTHS!!!!!!! HOLY ****! You won't even give it a chance.

Do you remember the PS3 launch????? PS3 HAD NO GAMES UNTIL 3 YEARS AFTER LAUNCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The PS3 still has not recovered from the beginning of last gen.

Oh and Sorny and $ucky$oft are doing anything right? Hell, at this point I am never buying a SuckBox ever again, and possibly never buying another PlayStation console, since Sony lost all their good exclusives and they only care about sucky FPS PAAGGs. PS3 has a super sucky library compared to ps2 and ps. I hate the ps3/360/wii gen. 

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#21 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70655 Posts

and all other pewpew shootie games for that matter...

Sure, Nintendo consoles have a few PAAGGs on them. However, other systems are just plagued and flooded with awful PAAGG shootie pewpew games. Yes, the WiiU has Clone of Duty and will have that Alienz game, but unlike the other consoles, Nintendo always has awesome variety and isn't just full of awful pewpew PAAGGs. 

The problem with PAAGGs is that they are all the same, are shallow, have bare bones "gameplay", are linear, rely on gimmicky set pieces, no exploration, no puzzles, no side quests, etc. These "games" (If you can really call them games) just have no substance in them.

Also, one of the biggest problems with PAAGGs is that they cause LCD (Lowest Common Denominator) to play video games, and most modern video games are LCDGs (Lowest Common Denominator Games). Thankfully, Nintendo does not rely on gimmicky shooters to sell. 

This is just one reason why I love Nintendo to death.

soundcellx
I can't believe you had the audacity to claim that Nintendo has variety. Also hating on FPS lost its coolness in 2012. Try to keep up. Btw, its called FPS (first person shooter) and not "please attack annoying goofy gamers"
simomate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 simomate
Member since 2011 • 1875 Posts

PAAGG is an acronym, not a word. So, I guess you shouldn't be saying who is smart and isn't since you do not have that right.  

JustPlainLucas

[QUOTE="JustPlainLucas"]

Look, I love Nintendo, but I will be damned if I don't call them out on their mistakes. They haven't been on top since the SNES. N64? Failed to the PlayStation. GameCube? Failed to the PS2 and Xbox. Wii? Failed to the 360 and PS3. Don't make the mistake that the 100 million units sold counts for anything, which it doesn't. How's that software to hardware ratio? Pretty low, right? The only way Nintendo even survived last generation was reselling a GameCube with motion controls to attract a group of casual games who play nothing but cheap party games, or who bought it as an exercise machine thanks to Wii Fit. And yes, gimmicky controls. Sure, the gamepad has control sticks, but it also has a 130 dollar screen that a lot of developers don't even want to use effectively. Hell, Nintendo could barely even find creative uses for it with their own Mario game. They inflated the price of the system for a gimmick. Nintendo needs to step it up, and I consider myself a true Nintendo fan because I want more from them. Call me a troll if you want, but you're a tool, because the people who think like you send the message to Nintendo that they're doing nothing wrong. soundcellx

The N64 had some of my favorite games of all time. Nothing was wrong with N64. Mario and Zelda and Mario Kart and Shadows of the Empire and Starfox 64 and more all kept me busy. PlayStation was great too, but for JRPGs. 

Does PS3 have any good games? I have like 5 PS3 games sitting on my shelf, and I have owned a Ps3 for 6 years. Casual games? Monster Hunter Tri, casual???? WHUT?? Actually the other shooter consoles are more casuals because they are littered with awful shooties. 

The Wii U HAS ONLY BEEN OUT 3 MONTHS!!!!!!! HOLY ****! You won't even give it a chance.

Do you remember the PS3 launch????? PS3 HAD NO GAMES UNTIL 3 YEARS AFTER LAUNCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The PS3 still has not recovered from the beginning of last gen.

Oh and Sorny and $ucky$oft are doing anything right? Hell, at this point I am never buying a SuckBox ever again, and possibly never buying another PlayStation console, since Sony lost all their good exclusives and they only care about sucky FPS PAAGGs. PS3 has a super sucky library compared to ps2 and ps. I hate the ps3/360/wii gen. 

I shall get you a prescription for 2 chill pills... Nothing good comes out of screaming, yelling, (based on your caps), and swearing. The way you are typing sounds like your freaking out... do you know how silly that makes you seem? How can you be expected to take it seriously?

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 soundcellx

I shall get you a prescription for 2 chill pills... Nothing good comes out of screaming, yelling, (based on your caps), and swearing. The way you are typing sounds like your freaking out... do you know how silly that makes you seem? How can you be expected to take it seriously?

simomate

If you don't cap then people don't read it. Anyhow, not sure if you've seen the massive amounts of trolling on the Wii U over at GameFaqs, but it is ridiculous. How about people give the Wii U longer than 3 months before they say it's a failure? Also, the large amounts of sales suggest otherwise. If anyone is flopping, it is Sony with the "No Games Vita".  

the anti-Wii U people are like a lynch mob.

Swearing? What the **** is wrong with swearing? Curse words are only words you know. They don't really curse anyone. What are we, like 7? Who the F cares about swearing? Swear words are real words that are used, and meant to be used, and so I use them.

JamesElfman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 JamesElfman
Member since 2011 • 98 Posts
ill try to avoid paaags and stick to fps genre instead.
soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 soundcellx

ill try to avoid paaags and stick to fps genre instead.JamesElfman

FPS are PAAGGs. You should learn up before you post so you don't sound super ignorant. 

Also, why would you want to play them? They suck so bad. I don't even consider them games since they lack gameplay.  

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#26 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70655 Posts

[QUOTE="JamesElfman"]ill try to avoid paaags and stick to fps genre instead.soundcellx

FPS are PAAGGs. You should learn up before you post so you don't sound super ignorant. 

Also, why would you want to play them? They suck so bad. I don't even consider them games since they lack gameplay.  

FPS are awesome. Not liking them does not change their appeal and there importance in gaming.. Its also obvious that you are ignorant to a lot of info on gaming.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Jaysonguy

soundcellx

Wow, you really don't know what's going on do you? lol

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OK, I'll help you

cs8OuILzC-IdKcejSIenVX4pXmii5XlU.jpg

You didn't know about that? Because it's been everywhere

The Wii U is doing poorly enough that Nintendo has put together a console value bundle and are going to start selling it.

They are the only console to do that this close to launch

So yeah, I win

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 soundcellx

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

Jaysonguy

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OK, I'll help you

The Wii U is doing poorly enough that Nintendo has put together a console value bundle and are going to start selling it.

So yeah, I win

You lose and you remain a loser. 

Most systems have special bundles.

Too bad for you that Nintendo has always been uber successful and will remain that way while you cry.  

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

soundcellx

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OK, I'll help you

So yeah, I win

You lose and you remain a loser. 

Most systems have special bundles.

Too bad for you that Nintendo has always been uber successful and will remain that way while you cry.  

No, actually you said that wasn't a real thing lol

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

No and if you disagree, then tough skirtbeans. 

Nintendo can keep FPS off YOUR WiiU but I want more better ones.  It's one genre that WiiMote and Nunchuck work best with.  Take that away and I'm left with stiff Dual Analogs for FPS and that may make me leave FPS alone.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 JustPlainLucas

]

soundcellx
Can you do us a favor, though, and quit using it? It really is stupid. By the way, it's funny that you mentioned Conduit, because I remember a lot of Wii owners actually excited for that game. Yeah, there was this whole movement with Nintendo fans trying to establish their machine as the PAA.. dammit, FPS platform of choice because it was so easy to use. Nintendo fans actually want FPSs on their consoles.. yet you don't. That kinda confuses me.

soundcellx
I own a Wii U. I'm giving it a chance. I'm not condemning it to doom, but I'm not like you, though, so delusional in my optimism that it's affecting my judgement in stating that less games is actually a good thing... As for the N64, yes, it was failure both in a library and market sense. It simply didn't have enough games and enough of a variety that the PlayStation did. Sure, it had great games like GoldenEye, Conker, Zelda, and whatnot, buy it was just overshadowed. Continue to deny that if you want, but let's both agree that the N64's biggest mistake was sticking to the cartridge format. Because of this, they lost the one game that would have kept Nintendo at the top ever since, and that was Final Fantasy VII. Sure, retort with your "I don't give a fvck about FF!" The truth of the matter is, that game moved millions of units, which in turn sold millions of systems, MONEY LOST that could have been Nintendo's.
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 JustPlainLucas

If you don't cap then people don't read it. Anyhow, not sure if you've seen the massive amounts of trolling on the Wii U over at GameFaqs, but it is ridiculous. How about people give the Wii U longer than 3 months before they say it's a failure? Also, the large amounts of sales suggest otherwise. If anyone is flopping, it is Sony with the "No Games Vita".  

the anti-Wii U people are like a lynch mob.

Swearing? What the **** is wrong with swearing? Curse words are only words you know. They don't really curse anyone. What are we, like 7? Who the F cares about swearing? Swear words are real words that are used, and meant to be used, and so I use them.

soundcellx
Capping and constant swearing are classic signs of a rabid fanboy. You're so absorbed into the belief that your opinion and yours alone is right that when your opinion is challenged, you start becoming frustrated typing in caps and swearing "BECAUSE NO ONE WILL FVCKING LISTEN TO ME!" You're not allowing your brain to take in the oxygen it needs to think clearly. It's a mental condition, honestly. Just calm down and honestly try to take in what people are telling you.
metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

[QUOTE="JamesElfman"]ill try to avoid paaags and stick to fps genre instead.soundcellx

You clearly haven't played any good FPS.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 WreckEm711
  • Immaturity
  • Blatant disregard for the fact that individual opinion doesn't extrapolate to everyone
  • Responding with irrelevant aggression the second he starts losing.

How on earth has this got so many replies when it's either a blatant troll thread or he just really needs to go outside and live a bit?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Jaysonguy

• Immaturity
  • Blatant disregard for the fact that individual opinion doesn't extrapolate to everyone

How on earth has this got so many replies when it's either a blatant troll thread or he just really needs to go outside and live a bit?

WreckEm711

I've been shopping for a set of silverware all morning, it's been a nice distraction lol

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 WreckEm711

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

• Immaturity

Jaysonguy

I've been shopping for a set of silverware all morning, it's been a nice distraction lol

Well you're getting entertainment from it, most others seem like they're actually taking him seriously :P Admittedly, it has been fun to read while sitting through a boring lecture :P

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 soundcellx

Admittedly, it has been fun to read while sitting through a boring lecture :P

WreckEm711

Your mommy lecturing you for staying up past your bedtime? 

You clearly haven't played any good FPS.

metroidfood

Metroid Prime series

Half Life series

Goldeneye 64

Perfect Dark 64

^ those are the only good FPS I can think of

No, actually you said that wasn't a real thing lol

Jaysonguy

No. You said that the bundle exists because Nintendo is failing, yet pretty much all systems get different bundles at some point. Nintendo is not failing and Wii U is not a failure either. 

Don't get Wii U confused with your no games sucky Vita. Just because you're crying since your Vita is failing doesn't mean you need to go around and troll Nintendo. 

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 soundcellx

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

Can you do us a favor, though, and quit using it? It really is stupid. By the way, it's funny that you mentioned Conduit, because I remember a lot of Wii owners actually excited for that game. Yeah, there was this whole movement with Nintendo fans trying to establish their machine as the PAA.. dammit, FPS platform of choice because it was so easy to use. Nintendo fans actually want FPSs on their consoles.. yet you don't. That kinda confuses me.

I own a Wii U. I'm giving it a chance. I'm not condemning it to doom, but I'm not like you, though, so delusional in my optimism that it's affecting my judgement in stating that less games is actually a good thing... As for the N64, yes, it was failure both in a library and market sense. It simply didn't have enough games and enough of a variety that the PlayStation did. Sure, it had great games like GoldenEye, Conker, Zelda, and whatnot, buy it was just overshadowed. Continue to deny that if you want, but let's both agree that the N64's biggest mistake was sticking to the cartridge format. Because of this, they lost the one game that would have kept Nintendo at the top ever since, and that was Final Fantasy VII. Sure, retort with your "I don't give a fvck about FF!" The truth of the matter is, that game moved millions of units, which in turn sold millions of systems, MONEY LOST that could have been Nintendo's. JustPlainLucas

No. PAAGG is here to stay. Didn't The Conduit fail and people didn't like it or something? Correct me if I'm wrong about that, I didn't really pay any attention to that game. Actually, Nintendo fans love Nintendo because of variety. If we wanted crappy PAAGGs we would own the other consoles. Yes, I own a PS3, but I have hardly any games for it, since after 6 years there's hardly any good games for it and no good turn based JRPGs like I've been hoping and waiting for all gen. 

Yes, Final Fantasy VII pretty much single handedly put the PlayStation brand on the map. That time now is gone though, since Squeenix no longer makes good FF games. 

Modern Final Fantasy sucks. I don't want that XIII **** on Nintendo consoles. 

Nintendo has very rarely let me down. I trust Nintendo.

I loved the N64 and that is probably my favorite Nintendo console of all time. Virtual Boy was a joke, and I hated motion controls of the Wii. Sure, the Wii has some cool games, but motion control gimmicks suck, and that is why I love the Wii U because it brought normal controllers back. I am also very happy about Windwaker HD, since it will get rid of the awful memories of Zelda Sucky Sword. 

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
So, what's the advantage for Nintendo to keep the highest selling, most popular games off their console?
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Jaysonguy

So, what's the advantage for Nintendo to keep the highest selling, most popular games off their console?meetroid8

Making that hilariously adorable person happy

I swear to GOD he's a delight and I hope I see him around this section more.

I mean come on, this guy wants the Wii U to have no games but he says he loves Nintendo, even though he doesn't know whats releasing or what games are on the way.

This is going to entertain me for quite a while.

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 soundcellx

So, what's the advantage for Nintendo to keep the highest selling, most popular games off their console?meetroid8

The advantage would be to set themselves apart from the competition, and to do their own thing.

It would tell consumers, "hey, we don't need crappy shooter gimmicks to be successful!", and the Wii did not have many shooters, and it was still an uber success. Wii sold like 2/3 the amount of both competitors, despite the PewpewBox and PAAGGStation having tons of crappy shooters.

Nintendo relies on first party, and that is the most important thing. People buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games, first and foremost. 

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 soundcellx

even though he doesn't know whats releasing or what games are on the way.

Jaysonguy

(Not counting eshop games) 

03/05North AmericaThe Amazing Spider-Man: Ultimate Edition03/18North AmericaLEGO City Undercover03/19North AmericaMonster Hunter 3 Ultimate  Need for Speed: Most Wanted - A Criterion Game  The Croods: Prehistoric Party!03/26North AmericaThe Walking Dead: Survival Instinct04/16North AmericaInjustice: Gods Among Us05/21North AmericaResident Evil: Revelations05/24North America

Sniper Elite V2

Zelda Wind Waker HD

Crappy Yarn Yoshi
Shin Megami Fire Emblem
Xenogears 2

New games in the works:
3D Mario

Mario Kart

Smash Bros

new Zelda 

Try harder, you troll.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 nini200

[QUOTE="meetroid8"]So, what's the advantage for Nintendo to keep the highest selling, most popular games off their console?Jaysonguy

I mean come on, this guy wants the Wii U to have no games but he says he loves Nintendo, even though he doesn't know whats releasing or what games are on the way.

Funny enough, he thinks Metroid Prime is a FPS :lol:
soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 soundcellx

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="meetroid8"]So, what's the advantage for Nintendo to keep the highest selling, most popular games off their console?nini200

It's a first person adventure. I only listed FPS, since some people say it's that.  

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 nini200

[QUOTE="nini200"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

soundcellx

It's a first person adventure. I only listed FPS, since some people say it's that.  

Oh ok. You had me laughing for a second there. Ok well, carry on then
jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 jer_1

I welcome all the quality FPS games they can shovel onto this sh!tbox. The WiiU's biggest issue is lack of one damn decent game to urge me to make a game purchase. Definitely not getting them from nintendo lately...balloon fight? No thanks to that lame crap.

All I can really say is that i'm up to my freakin eyeballs in good PC games, nintendo needs to wise up and start pushing out games for "core" gamers if they want any cash out of my wallet.

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 soundcellx

PC has no games. You fail to realize that if we wanted crappy World of Borecraft games, then we would have bought a gaming PC. I knowingly chose Nintendo over PC, since PC lacks new Nintendo games, except once it starts emulating them. 

Also, if WiiU does not interest you, then what are you doing here? 

Quality FPS games? Quality + FPS is a paradox, a contradictory statement

Balloon Fight is not a retail WiiU game, troll. Nobody claimed that as the WiiU system seller.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 JustPlainLucas

The advantage would be to set themselves apart from the competition, and to do their own thing.

It would tell consumers, "hey, we don't need crappy shooter gimmicks to be successful!", and the Wii did not have many shooters, and it was still an uber success. Wii sold like 2/3 the amount of both competitors, despite the PewpewBox and PAAGGStation having tons of crappy shooters.

Nintendo relies on first party, and that is the most important thing. People buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games, first and foremost. soundcellx
Shouldn't Nintendo strive to make the most attractive system they can to lure as many gamers as they can? Wouldn't they benefit from a larger audience than the ones who just buy Nintendo games? And so what that the Wii sold 100 million units? Like I previously mentioned, the attachment rate is horrendously low. Why did third party games sell better on the other systems than they did on the Wii? Oh, that's right. Gamers who truly appreciate variety play on PS3 and X360. The Wii was always considered a supplemental system, and the Wii U will be considered as one too. Shame, because Nintendo could have easily been the most attractive system for third parties had they only not repeated their mistake of making their machine weaker than their predecessors. Plus, add in the fact that Nintendo marketed the Wii U poorly, they didn't even manage to sell out their initial stock. I'm sure Nintendo will keep the Wii U afloat with their own first party games, but it doesn't look like it'll match the Wii's success at this rate.
soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 soundcellx

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

Nintendo relies on first party, and that is the most important thing. People buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games, first and foremost. JustPlainLucas
Shouldn't Nintendo strive to make the most attractive system they can to lure as many gamers as they can? Wouldn't they benefit from a larger audience than the ones who just buy Nintendo games? And so what that the Wii sold 100 million units? Like I previously mentioned, the attachment rate is horrendously low. Why did third party games sell better on the other systems than they did on the Wii? Oh, that's right. Gamers who truly appreciate variety play on PS3 and X360. The Wii was always considered a supplemental system, and the Wii U will be considered as one too. Shame, because Nintendo could have easily been the most attractive system for third parties had they only not repeated their mistake of making their machine weaker than their predecessors. Plus, add in the fact that Nintendo marketed the Wii U poorly, they didn't even manage to sell out their initial stock. I'm sure Nintendo will keep the Wii U afloat with their own first party games, but it doesn't look like it'll match the Wii's success at this rate.

Nintendo is almost always successful. 

You know, after 6+ years, I have less than 10 PS3 games sitting on my bookshelf. Severely let down with the SuckStation 3 game library. Too bad the PS3 game library isn't even half as good as the PS or PS2 library.

First video game I ever played was Super Mario Bros / Duckhunt. Nintendo has always been my favorite and always will be. WTF does Sony have? Starhawk, Twisted Metal, Resistance - LMFAO! 

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 jer_1

PC has no games. You fail to realize that if we wanted crappy World of Borecraft games, then we would have bought a gaming PC. I knowingly chose Nintendo over PC, since PC lacks new Nintendo games, except once it starts emulating them. 

Also, if WiiU does not interest you, then what are you doing here? 

Quality FPS games? Quality + FPS is a paradox, a contradictory statement

Balloon Fight is not a retail WiiU game, troll. Nobody claimed that as the WiiU system seller.

soundcellx

Man you really are a little nintendo loving robot aren't you?

PC utterly destroys all console systems in every way if you have something that resembles a gaming quality PC. You can deny it, whatever, I don't care my point is that PC keeps dropping tons of great games and indies and now on month 3 I still have only one WiiU game and nothing they have released has been anywhere near the level that I deem acceptable.

All I can say is that I'm DAMN glad that you aren't choosing the games I play. You must be like an unpaid nintendo intern or some sh*t because wow, I've never seen such pointless fanboyism in a while.

FPS = Another entertaining game style, don't let it get to you because there are many entertaining game styles and I don't limit myself to one like a jackass.