Honest opinions of Super Smash for a UK user

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Auzyh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Auzyh
Member since 2006 • 31 Posts

Hi,

I've just pre-ordered Super smash brothers as, over here in the UK it isn't out til June 27th. I had it on the Gamecube and loved it, which is the main driver for ordering it this time but basically there are two questions for those of you lucky enough to already have it :)

1. How good is it? honestly?

2. Does it deserve the rave reviews its got so far?

Basically, I'm excited by this game, should i be?

32 days to go :)

Cheers,

Auzyh

mugge5002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mugge5002
Member since 2004 • 337 Posts

It's a great game but personally, I think it's a little overrated. It's basically the same as the last game. The multiplayer's amazing but the single player gets old fast.

Just my opinion, though. Everyone else seems to love it.

JiMMay4ShiZZay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 JiMMay4ShiZZay
Member since 2004 • 318 Posts
I'd say it deserves the reviews it has recieved, it's a great game. As always it is one of the best party games you can own, and since you liked the last one, you won't be dissapointed.
rockwii13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 rockwii13
Member since 2007 • 611 Posts
You should be excited, because it's the best game ever, and it deserves all of the praise it gets. Anyone who doesn't like it either hasn't played it, sucks at it, or is jealous because he can't get it and everyone else can, so he or she wants to pretend it's not good to make everyone else mad. BEST GAME IN HISTORY.
Auzyh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Auzyh
Member since 2006 • 31 Posts

Cheers for the replies :)

Sounds like a brilliant game, I think I'm just trying to kill time while i wait for it to come out :)

Watching a few months of threads on how good it is without getting my hands on it is frustrating, as I'm sure you can believe!!

Oh well, have to pass the time with Mario Kart and Guitar Hero for another month!

huntervaneg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 huntervaneg
Member since 2007 • 519 Posts
It's pretty good, excellent graphics, outstanding music, more characters (howevver, Nintendo had to add at leat 10 more) and items, creative stages. For me, it deserves the good reviews and comments. My unique recomendation is to not compare it with SSBM (in the way you play: no Wavedash, no L-cancel, more gravity in SSBB), Brawl should be played different (I was frustated with the game for 2 weeks until I realized it). Excellent purchase!!
metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

Slightly overrated in my opinion. SSE is a better Single Player than previous games (with amazing cutscenes, seriously, they're worth completing it by themselves) but still isn't nearly as good as a SP in another genre, and can get fairly repetitive, especially near the end.

Online is pretty much crap, Stage Builder is great for the possibilities it creates but still gimped, and Brawl doesn't have the same technical depth as Melee.

Of course, the game's music is no less than absolutely amazing, graphics are fantastic, and many of the rough edges from Melee have been smoothed out to create a better fighting system, even if it doesn't have as much depth. The character roster is amazing, with less clones and more balance between fighters. Items and stages are the best they're ever been, and plus you can finally take pictures or save replays and then send them to friends.

ccrunner0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ccrunner0
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

its a really great game. a bit overated i think but still good.

if you hav friends it will last you awhile

toxicsludge56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#9 toxicsludge56
Member since 2007 • 265 Posts

I have played melee, and only enjoyed it with friends.

With Brawl, it will be the same, and as i have two sisters, they definitely won't want to play. this means only when friends come round i can fully enjoy the game.

Also, online multiplayer- hmmmm, i think its going to be a bit troublesome because of the amount of saddos that quit matches.

Overall, i think Brawl is overrated. The multiplayer is fun, but its not enough. This may sound strange for a wii owner, but im not convinced im going to part with £35 for this game- ill think about it.

BTW this is the opinion of a person who has not played brawl.

Mike_Camp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Mike_Camp
Member since 2005 • 103 Posts
I thought it was fun at first. The single player mode was preety good, but the online play is nothing special, I think it would be better if they would let you play a two player online match and not a four player one, plus whenever I played online it lagged pretty bad. I haven't played it for about a month and a half now.
Boomarley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 Boomarley
Member since 2006 • 897 Posts

I wouldn't say overrated so much as overhyped. People expected it to be the game to end all games, which got slightly irritating because other games were ignored.

Anyways, it's pretty similar to Super Smash Bros Melee, so if you don't expect much innovation you'll be fine. There is a heck of a lot more content and the soundtrack rocks. The annoying gimmicky stages of Melee have been toned down to be more fair, but still interesting (unless you liked Big Blue and the like, but some are still there). Single player is interesting, but unassuming (but compared to the other two SSB's, it's a huge improvement). As for the gameplay itself, it seems to handle like Melee, but with the ridiculously overpowered moves being toned down, it has a different feel, as characters seem to survive more.

P.S. Make sure you have good opponents. If you play against sore losers, the game will get tiring fast.

wrekk8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 wrekk8
Member since 2005 • 229 Posts

man, im from the UK and i already own it
it is absolutely fantastic! the single is so much better than the adventure mode in melee, the characters is great, so many to choose from, stage builder, replays etc and they keep the same sort of ****multiplayer that melee had but slightly slowed it down, but trust me it work. it is one of the biggest game on the wii (for the amount of content)
My one question to u is:
Why did you just pay a little bit extra to get it imported months before the uk release considering we have been waiting for ages?

wrekk8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 wrekk8
Member since 2005 • 229 Posts

*didnt

Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points