Has Anyone Sent Nintendo Stuff For Repair?

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

I just sent my Wii U gamepad to Nintendo after it not connecting to my Wii U for about 4 months. I decided to call Nintendo and ask them to help me troubleshoot it. We spent about an hour trying different things before deciding that it needed to come in for repairs. It's pretty much a $100 charge when out of warranty and depending on your state, it comes with a $9 tax charge as well. I unfortunately live in a state where I get charged the $9. I look forward to playing my Wii U again but, I was wondering if anyone has ever had to send in their gamepad or any other Nintendo product to them and if you guys thought the price was worth it. I think paying $109 is worth it since I have spent a lot more money on Wii U video games, accessories and amiibos. I figured, I would be losing a lot more money by accepting my Wii U's fate and letting it stay dead. Plus, I have games I still want to play and haven't beaten. So, what's your story? How long does it usually take for Nintendo to repair and send back your stuff?

HBK4life9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 HBK4life9
Member since 2014 • 33 Posts

I sent my GameCube when I was like 9 and they sent me 2 new GameCube. I returned one

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By -ParaNormaN-

@hbk4life9 said:

I sent my GameCube when I was like 9 and they sent me 2 new GameCube. I returned one

Haha, that's kind of a funny mistake on Nintendo's part. Did they notice that they sent you 2 or did you contact them back?

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 0

#5 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

A few years ago, I bought a refurbished Wii U from Nintendo and it was DOA. I sent that in to them. Nintendo uses 3rd parties to repair their products; they don't handle it themselves. I can't remember exactly how long it took the Wii U to come back. I think it was around three weeks. The system worked when it came back, but everything was scuffed up and looked like it had been wiped down with a dirty wash cloth. At least it didn't cost me anything.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

twice.

my original wii stopped reading discs. but they had a service center about 40min from my house. so i drove there gave them my wii and in 2 hours i got it back. i dont remember if i paid :P or if it was under warranty. i think i paid 80$ not sure. i had tons of games so i needed it saved.

just recently with my switch i sent my joycon in to get repaired for dysncing (the launch joycon problem) they said there was no service center near me anymore. it was still under warranty so they sent me some shipping labels by email. i printed them out but the joycons in a box put the label and went to a ups location and handed them the box. got it back a week later. no issues at all with the joycon.

also my wiiU gamepad went wierd on me a couple months. i bought a 3rd party gamecube adapter from mayflash to play smash. the day after my wiiu gamepad touch screen would always get discalibrated and i couldnt use it. lol i found trick to get in the game and play but it was annoying after two months it fixed itself and works fine. thank god.

i threw away the adapter though.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 -ParaNormaN-

@KBFloYd said:

twice.

my original wii stopped reading discs. but they had a service center about 40min from my house. so i drove there gave them my wii and in 2 hours i got it back. i dont remember if i paid :P or if it was under warranty. i think i paid 80$ not sure. i had tons of games so i needed it saved.

just recently with my switch i sent my joycon in to get repaired for dysncing (the launch joycon problem) they said there was no service center near me anymore. it was still under warranty so they sent me some shipping labels by email. i printed them out but the joycons in a box put the label and went to a ups location and handed them the box. got it back a week later. no issues at all with the joycon.

also my wiiU gamepad went wierd on me a couple months. i bought a 3rd party gamecube adapter from mayflash to play smash. the day after my wiiu gamepad touch screen would always get discalibrated and i couldnt use it. lol i found trick to get in the game and play but it was annoying after two months it fixed itself and works fine. thank god.

i threw away the adapter though.

I think something like that happened to me too. I use a Nyko "extended life" battery pack which screws on to the back of the Wii U and charges it for an hour or so when the gamepad battery drains. I like being able to play for 6 hours on my Wii U instead of 4 and having to play with a wire to charge it but, I don't know if I trust it anymore. I used it for about a whole year before my gamepad stopped connecting with my Wii U entirely though. I don't know if I should trust it again or not. I wish Nintendo released something like this. I'm actually kind of surprised because Nyko has treated me well over the years with my 360 PC controller and other products. I was thinking of buying their rechargeable battery for my Wii remotes but went with the Energizer ones instead.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

I sent in my 3DS. It was a launch 3DS and had those annoying vertical line scratches. They fixed it free of charge.

I actually sent the 3DS in twice, the second time was because when I got it back the first time, the shoulder button was broken on arrival. So they repaired that free of charge too.

Pretty sure mine was within the warranty period (first year) but I can't really remember. Overall, they were nice to deal with.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By -ParaNormaN-

@trugs26 said:

I sent in my 3DS. It was a launch 3DS and had those annoying vertical line scratches. They fixed it free of charge.

I actually sent the 3DS in twice, the second time was because when I got it back the first time, the shoulder button was broken on arrival. So they repaired that free of charge too.

Pretty sure mine was within the warranty period (first year) but I can't really remember. Overall, they were nice to deal with.

Definitely. The Nintendo associate that was on the phone with me dealt with my noobness and didn't get annoyed or angry. He even started to talk to me about football.

Dragonzglow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Dragonzglow
Member since 2018 • 7 Posts

I have considered doing this with my N64 that keeps resetting..

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 -ParaNormaN-

@dragonzglow said:

I have considered doing this with my N64 that keeps resetting..

I wish Nintendo would repair really old consoles but, unfortunately, there is a deadline. The original Wii is no longer being repaired and neither are any consoles before it.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 -ParaNormaN-

Update: I received my Wii U back last week and everything is working again. I didn't realize just how much I missed the Wii U after it was put on the bench for 6 months. So, I had to send my stuff to Nintendo twice. At first, they thought my gamepad was the problem and had me ship it out. One week later, I get it back and am excited to play my Wii U games again. Nope... Doesn't turn the console on or sync. Called Nintendo expressing my disappointment and they apologized and had me send the entire console in. They also said that I may be charged another $100 which I was not having. I told them I didn't think it was fair since I already paid that much for repair and nothing improved. He then told me I would only get charged if physical/water damage was done to it. I take a lot of care of all my consoles and I knew that if they tried to pull that card on me after they received it, I was prepared to go to war (lol). Fortunately, they didn't charge me and repaired everything free of charge. Actually, they gave me a new Wii U console but returned my original gamepad, haha. I noticed it was brand new when the console was returned without a single scratch on it. Anyway, 2 weeks later, I'm a happy gamer again. I'll definitely call Nintendo before asking anyone else to repair my consoles in the future.