Harry Potter FPS

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gholam89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gholam89
Member since 2006 • 70 Posts
Just a little idea I had. I just finished reading the last Harry Potter book and I thought it would be cool to create a game that was a first person shooting with wands. It would be cool with the wii (the remotepractacally a wand anyways). And if they create a mic for it, you can actually say the spell. Any thoughts on this?
Sup11722

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Sup11722
Member since 2005 • 1757 Posts
Sorry but any harry potter game is a no to me and the whole idea may turn out wonderful or it could turn out disatrous
kneppi88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kneppi88
Member since 2007 • 1303 Posts

I never thought of something like that before. That would be pretty cool to use the wii remote like a wand. What about saying the spells. There could be like a microphone you would speak into. Thats definetlty a cool concept. Ya never know, developers might already be making something like that.

Kevanio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Kevanio
Member since 2006 • 580 Posts

I never thought of something like that before. That would be pretty cool to use the wii remote like a wand. What about saying the spells. There could be like a microphone you would speak into. Thats definetlty a cool concept. Ya never know, developers might already be making something like that.

kneppi88

There could be a microphone? there is a microphone, and it sounds a very cool idea to me

blazethe1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#5 blazethe1
Member since 2004 • 1238 Posts

i read the topic and ledol.

kneppi88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 kneppi88
Member since 2007 • 1303 Posts
[QUOTE="kneppi88"]

Kevanio

There could be a microphone? there is a microphone, and it sounds a very cool idea to me

Yeah, but is there a game where you can talk into it. I've never used it for anything else than just listening to the sounds.

FFXIsAstyanax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 FFXIsAstyanax
Member since 2003 • 974 Posts
A nice idea, but I don't think it will work. Not just yet, at least. Voice recognition software has come quite a ways, but I don't think it's ready to be put into a fast-paced environment such as wand dueling. Maybe in the near future, though.
TigerFangRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 TigerFangRed
Member since 2005 • 1928 Posts
This is an interesting concept, but at the present, I don't see them attempting it, nor do I see them, if they did attempt it, doing it right. But maybe one day. By the way, I loved the last book.
leo363636

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 leo363636
Member since 2005 • 127 Posts
I want a Harry Potter RPG where you make your own Hogwarts student, attend classes, build relasionships, and kick magical creature/dark wizards to the curb. It's like Bully with more RPG elements and for geeks.
ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ThePlothole
Member since 2007 • 11515 Posts
[QUOTE="Kevanio"][QUOTE="kneppi88"]

kneppi88

Yeah, but is there a game where you can talk into it. I've never used it for anything else than just listening to the sounds.

The fact that the upcoming "Boogie" game comes bundled with a microphone basically confirms that the speaker cannot be used as a mic.

gholam89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gholam89
Member since 2006 • 70 Posts

They would have to spend a lot of time with it in order to do it right. I doubt I will see a decent Harry Potter game for a long time. I got the mic idea when I watched my little sister play nintendogs, although now that I think about it, it was a little faulty.

Also, I don't think it has to revolve around the books at all, just the main concepts (such as spells and creatures).

Avatar image for unbreakable4534
unbreakable4534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 unbreakable4534
Member since 2007 • 219 Posts
Man I thought of this since I first heard of HP for the Wii. Not the mic part, but the first person view. I like the new game for the Wii, it was better than I thought it'd be. I dunno though, I can imagine it getting old. Just imagine with all the Potter heads out there if they made a HP MMO. An MMO around Hogwarts and all that, that'd be crazy. If gameplay was good, I bet it'd take a bite out of WOW... a tiny bite... maybe just a nibble... I dunno.
punkindoubt86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 punkindoubt86
Member since 2006 • 608 Posts

I was just thinking about this morning! It would be awesome. Well the Idea came since, I am finishing off metriod prime right now, and we all know how epic metriod prime is, well I think it would be cool if it handeled the same way, except with harry potter characters and the hairy potter universe. Oh and Book 7 is awesome!

The Harry Potter MMO, would be great, I agree with the whole, "it should be like bully" concept, that would be great.

If you really think about it, JKRowling created this magical world for us, but we only experienced by the Harry Potter story line, I would really want to see more of this magical realm (especially hogwarts) on different situations, through different characters.

ravemast117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ravemast117
Member since 2005 • 486 Posts

I el oh el'd at your topic...