hard to find Wii games (part II)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sarentack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sarentack
Member since 2010 • 36 Posts
Trying to complie a list of sought after rare Wii games as well as ones that are rare but not popular and need people to chime in. RARE SOUGHT AFTER; Metroid Trilogy One Piece; unlimited adventures RARE BUT NOT SOUGHT AFTER; Okami Debatable IMO: Any Shonen Jump game including Bleach Shattered Blade, Naruto CONR III as well as possibly first 2. While these games are cheap, they have been hard to find even at gamestop.
monson21502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 monson21502
Member since 2009 • 8230 Posts

punch out wii is what i want but cant find it near me

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

Sid Meier's Pirates! Great little game, only sold about 57,000 copies worldwide, have never seen it in stores once, had to buy it online.

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
Basically any quality 3rd party game that has been re;eased over the years, the only Wii games I constantly see on store shelves are Nintendo titles.
JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JLF1
Member since 2005 • 8263 Posts

Klonoa
Okami
Another Code 2
Fire Emblem
Battalion Wars 2
Sky Crawlers

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
I need my Endless Ocean: Blue World, Penny Racers Party: Turbo Q Speedway and Raving Rabbids Party Collection!!!
sarentack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sarentack

Klonoa
Okami
Another Code 2
Fire Emblem
Battalion Wars 2
Sky Crawlers

JLF1
Which Fire Emblem game is rare? the one you see in Walmart I think named Radiance or something?
JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JLF1

[QUOTE="JLF1"]

Klonoa
Okami
Another Code 2
Fire Emblem
Battalion Wars 2
Sky Crawlers

sarentack

Which Fire Emblem game is rare? the one you see in Walmart I think named Radiance or something?

I speak from a EU perspective.

Haven't seen Radiant Dawn in over a year at retail.

LasPlagasHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#9 LasPlagasHope
Member since 2005 • 1356 Posts
Most of the game listed can be bought on amazon new for under 20 bucks if you're ever having trouble finding a game amazon can be a great tool!
Zanoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Zanoh
Member since 2006 • 6942 Posts

Klonoa
Okami
Another Code 2
Fire Emblem
Battalion Wars 2
Sky Crawlers
Sakura Wars: So Long My Love
Rune Factory Frontier
Little King Story
A Boy and His Blob
Disaster: Day of Crisis
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers

JLF1

There's your list of rare games.

sarentack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sarentack

[QUOTE="JLF1"]

Klonoa
Okami
Another Code 2
Fire Emblem
Battalion Wars 2
Sky Crawlers
Rune Factory Frontier
Little King Story
A Boy and His Blob

Zanoh

Not sure if Boy and his blob is rare, some of them may of got rereleased though. I can guarantee you will not find Metroid Prime Trilogy or One piece on Amazon or Ebay for under $50 used, and they go for as much as $80 new factory sealed.
JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JLF1

[QUOTE="JLF1"]

Klonoa
Okami
Another Code 2
Fire Emblem
Battalion Wars 2
Sky Crawlers
Rune Factory Frontier
Little King Story
A Boy and His Blob

Zanoh

Guess it depends on where you live.

I can buy LKS, Sakura Wars, A boy and his Blob and Rune Factory right now for around 15£ each if I wanted more copies of them.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#13 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
Little King Story is on clearance many places here for $10 or less. Okami is weirdly rare, though I got my copy for $5 via Goozex without much hassle.
sarentack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 sarentack
[QUOTE="DJ_Lae"]Little King Story is on clearance many places here for $10 or less. Okami is weirdly rare, though I got my copy for $5 via Goozex without much hassle.

I was considering getting Okami but didnt know how good it was, but locally in the gamestop stores they seem quite common although they are all used.
JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

It is really hard to find cursed mountain's limited edition in shops but it is really easy and cheap on internet

sarentack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 sarentack
Sid Meier's Pirates can be found for $12 new. albeit Ive never heard of the game, you sure its only 53,000 copies printed?
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 WreckEm711

Sid Meier's Pirates can be found for $12 new. albeit Ive never heard of the game, you sure its only 53,000 copies printed?sarentack

You can find the PC version anywhere, the Wii version however is a significantly harder find.

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/sales/44857/sid-meiers-pirates/

sarentack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 sarentack
http://cgi.ebay.com/Sid-Meiers-Pirates-Wii-2010-BRAND-NEW-/110655520638?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item19c3953f7e maybe price dont reflect rarity though as seen with Bleach and Naruto.
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 WreckEm711

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sid-Meiers-Pirates-Wii-2010-BRAND-NEW-/110655520638?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item19c3953f7e maybe price dont reflect rarity though as seen with Bleach and Naruto.sarentack

What would price have to do with anything? :P The only reason a rare game would be priced higher is if it was in demand, theres not really any reason for the Wii version of Pirates to be in demand, its just a rare game :P

sarentack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 sarentack

[QUOTE="sarentack"]http://cgi.ebay.com/Sid-Meiers-Pirates-Wii-2010-BRAND-NEW-/110655520638?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item19c3953f7e maybe price dont reflect rarity though as seen with Bleach and Naruto.WreckEm711

What would price have to do with anything? :P The only reason a rare game would be priced higher is if it was in demand, theres not really any reason for the Wii version of Pirates to be in demand, its just a rare game :P

Thats what I figured, but when I look back at past consoles like NES and SNES, their is high price for even crappy games that was pretty rare. I mean for the Wii, Bleach and Naruto CONR I-3 is quite difficult to find yet only go for about $25 used. I thought normally even from the collector stand point that those games would be much higher priced.
TehOverkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TehOverkill
Member since 2011 • 754 Posts

Muramasa: The Demon Blade and Metroid: Trilogy are the only games left to complete my collection.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 WreckEm711

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

[QUOTE="sarentack"]http://cgi.ebay.com/Sid-Meiers-Pirates-Wii-2010-BRAND-NEW-/110655520638?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item19c3953f7e maybe price dont reflect rarity though as seen with Bleach and Naruto.sarentack

Thats what I figured, but when I look back at past consoles like NES and SNES, their is high price for even crappy games that was pretty rare. I mean for the Wii, Bleach and Naruto CONR I-3 is quite difficult to find yet only go for about $25 used. I thought normally even from the collector stand point that those games would be much higher priced.

Ohhhh you mean from like a collectors standpoint, my bad, yeah Pirates is a pretty crappy collectors prospect :P It's just a port of a pretty old, albeit awesome, PC game :P

sarentack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 sarentack

Muramasa: The Demon Blade and Metroid: Trilogy are the only games left to complete my collection.

TehOverkill
I found a copy of Trilogy last night http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=120691688966&si=KJhFMawdD6IiK9HT6yjix6xujyc%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT for $55 in like new condition. Cant find it any cheaper unless you find a GS store that has it. I sit on my butt too long and passed up a $55 Onepiece game that was in the same condition as well, I rather of gotten that and waited on the Metroid game.
sarentack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sarentack

[QUOTE="sarentack"][QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

WreckEm711

Ohhhh you mean from like a collectors standpoint, my bad, yeah Pirates is a pretty crappy collectors prospect :P It's just a port of a pretty old, albeit awesome, PC game :P

its all about what is worth a boat load down the road. I dont wanna make comparisons to a sealed SNES Chrono Trigger, but something close to that caliber.
Estbtnh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Estbtnh
Member since 2011 • 102 Posts

Man Hunt 2 anyone? game was really fun imo

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#26 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts
[QUOTE="sarentack"] RARE SOUGHT AFTER; Metroid Trilogy

I've been walking past copies of this game for a year where I live. No demand for it here (Australia).
sarentack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 sarentack
rare games tend to appear in bunches in Australia.
-John_Connor-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 -John_Connor-
Member since 2008 • 214 Posts

I picked up my copy of Prime Trilogy at Best Buy in July of 2010 for $20. It was the last one I ever saw on a shelf in any store. Lucky me, lol.

sarentack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 sarentack

I picked up my copy of Prime Trilogy at Best Buy in July of 2010 for $20. It was the last one I ever saw on a shelf in any store. Lucky me, lol.

-John_Connor-
before I even gave looking for rare titles a 2nd thought, I would see Trilogy all over the place myself. I am still seeing Fire Emblem around though sealed and new in Wal Mart stores. Now all of a sudden its $55 unless you manage to snag a copy from gamestop.
gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

It is called buy online.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

Most of the game listed can be bought on amazon new for under 20 bucks if you're ever having trouble finding a game amazon can be a great tool!LasPlagasHope

You are right. I think fire emblem still costs a pretty penny, but most of those games are like $20 new and like half that price if you buy used.

sarentack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 sarentack

Another one to add that may be more rare than onepiece is F1 2009 which was gamestop exclusive.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#33 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

The funny thing is that the CSI Games for the Wii are actually quite hard to find.

JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts
Bully SE and Scarface are really hard to find in stores

Man Hunt 2 anyone? game was really fun imo

Estbtnh
it is a shame it was censored
Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts

I picked up Metroid Prime Trilogy for £20 in Game in the UK. I picked up LKS for £5 too, was loads copies month ago but theyve filtered out now. Having trouble finding SIlent Hill, ive only ever seen one copy.

GojiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 GojiMaster
Member since 2009 • 451 Posts

Mad Dog Mcgree was a pretty hard game for me to find. I finally got it at a Hollywood Video store closing sale.

wazzawazza18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#37 wazzawazza18
Member since 2009 • 936 Posts

try asking the store to ship in the games you want. it worked for me

unrealtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 unrealtron
Member since 2010 • 3148 Posts
In my contry they barely sell them... Anyways, I'm having a hard time finding Mario galaxy 2
Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#39 Los9090
Member since 2004 • 7288 Posts
[QUOTE="-John_Connor-"]

sarentack
before I even gave looking for rare titles a 2nd thought, I would see Trilogy all over the place myself. I am still seeing Fire Emblem around though sealed and new in Wal Mart stores. Now all of a sudden its $55 unless you manage to snag a copy from gamestop.

That's robbery...ISn't the new Fire Emblem a pain in the butt?
da_chub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#40 da_chub
Member since 2007 • 3140 Posts
attention anyone looking for Wii games u cant find in store... Go to amazon or ebay. you can find them, new/used, dirt cheap. I spent less then $20 on each: Boy and blob, muramasa, madworld, little kings story, okami., red steel 2... ( i have 47 disc games for Wii right now) . some games like the above mention MPtrilogy is like $70 on ebay, used. but most are just 3rd party indie titles that are great games but when released next to mario and zelda, dont look so great.
McGronchy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 McGronchy
Member since 2011 • 108 Posts

There is two copies of Metroid Prime trilogy new and sealedsitting on the shelf at a local department store for $49.99 each.

sarentack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 sarentack

Is this really the rare gamestop exclusive version?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p5197.c0.m619&rt=nc&nma=true&item=290540765956&si=KJhFMawdD6IiK9HT6yjix6xujyc%253D&viewitem=&category=139973

I waited till it ended and put $45 on it and seems complete.

its Formula 1 2009 for the Wii.

sarentack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 sarentack
[QUOTE="Los9090"][QUOTE="sarentack"][QUOTE="-John_Connor-"]

oddly enough I never been a big enough fan to play Fire Emblem games, I think its the idea I been so sick of games like World of Warcraft and EQ for most of the decade until I quit.
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 WreckEm711

[QUOTE="Los9090"][QUOTE="sarentack"] before I even gave looking for rare titles a 2nd thought, I would see Trilogy all over the place myself. I am still seeing Fire Emblem around though sealed and new in Wal Mart stores. Now all of a sudden its $55 unless you manage to snag a copy from gamestop.sarentack

oddly enough I never been a big enough fan to play Fire Emblem games, I think its the idea I been so sick of games like World of Warcraft and EQ for most of the decade until I quit.

Err, isn't fire emblem an RTS? What does that have to do with mMO's like Wow and EQ at all??? :?

sarentack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 sarentack

RTS is different from MMOs, its the hack and slash that got old to me.

sarentack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 sarentack

so far in obtaining Metroid Prime Trilogy, Onepiece unlimited adventures, and F1 2009.

This is the values I paid for them used and complete

F1 2009 Formula 1 - $48

Metroid Prime Trilogy - $55

Onepiece Unlimited Adventures - $45

Although with all 3 coming from Ebay, these prices vary a good bit in what people pay for them, Ive seen people pay up to $60 for onepiece with case art and manual, then I see some people win the auction and pay as little as $41 for it. F1 same way, Metroid Prime Trilogy seems to be the one that rarely goes under $50 used though and yet it seemed more common than F1 and Onepiece.

Those 3 games seem to be the holy grail of Wii games in terms of rarity IMO, I need to know if more exist like this.

DOAsaturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 DOAsaturn
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

I thought I'd add my two cents to this topic as it's something I've actively research for the past couple years off and on...

In terms of true rarity (essentially short supply) and taking some account of the general resale price for new or used copies (whether it truly sells or not), it seems to me that these would fall in the scope of top ten "rare" games for Wii (at least in the North American market)

1. Fritz Chess
2. One Piece: Unlimited Adventure
3. F1 2009
4. Rune Factory: Frontier
5. My Horse and Me: Riding for Gold
6. DragonBall Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3
7. Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core Plus
8. My Horse and Me
9. Dokapon Kingdom
10. Beyblade: Metal Fusion - Battle Fortress

Notice Nintendo games aren't included because while they are OOP and in demand, the release numbers were relatively huge in comparison to these titles. Try finding a copy of Fritz Chess tomorrow and don't tell me you didn't pay nearly $100 for it (if more). That game is a nearly impossible find. F1 2009 was not only a Gamestop Exclusive, Gamestop barely carried any copies when it did come out. I'm surprised the PSP version isn't worth as much, but PSP collectors aren't up to the level of the Nintendo crowd I guess.

Avatar image for TheBlackKnight3
TheBlackKnight3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 TheBlackKnight3
Member since 2008 • 1586 Posts

RTS is different from MMOs, its the hack and slash that got old to me.

sarentack

It isn't a Real-time strategy game, either. It is a turn based strategy RPG that has not hack and slash elements, other than the fact that they use swords in both games. Are you sure you are thinking of Fire Emblem? Check this gameplay movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-06Xl1x3fZ0#t=4m45s