Guitar Hero: World Tour apparantly in short supply worldwide?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

J_Ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 J_Ford
Member since 2003 • 2246 Posts

I've had the game pre-ordered for a while now, paid in full. I got a call from EB Games today. They told me that 6 people had pre-ordered the full bundle with the drums and everything, and I'm number 3 on the list. They told me that unfortunatly they're only getting 2 bundles sent to them, so I have to wait for the next shipment. They said the reason for this is because they heard straight from Activision that they are in short supply world wide. This completly ruined my whole weekend. I'm looking forward to the drums so much and now I have to wait until who knows when for the next shipment. This really sucks.

Has anyone else had this happen to them to confirm that Activision's in short supply?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts
I would order from a reputable retailer next time Go to a store like Best Buy or Circuit City to avoid these problems again. Never trust these fly by night places, you'll eventually get burned.
thebisonx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 thebisonx
Member since 2003 • 2203 Posts
I haven't heard anything specific, but I would not be surprised at all if the full band kits were in short supply.
J_Ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 J_Ford

I would order from a reputable retailer next time Go to a store like Best Buy or Circuit City to avoid these problems again. Never trust these fly by night places, you'll eventually get burned.Jaysonguy

I wish there was some stores like that here. EB Games is my best bet. I live in smaller city that just about everyone on these forums has probly never heard of unless you live in Canada BC :P The only other stores I could go to are Wallmart or Zellers. I even called Wallmart to see if they had any copies and they told me they only got 2 copies each for the PS3 and X-Box360, they didn't even get any copies for the Wii. It's just really depressing.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]I would order from a reputable retailer next time Go to a store like Best Buy or Circuit City to avoid these problems again. Never trust these fly by night places, you'll eventually get burned.J_Ford

I wish there was some stores like that here. EB Games is my best bet. I live in smaller city that just about everyone on these forums has probly never heard of unless you live in Canada BC :P The only other stores I could go to are Wallmart or Zellers. I even called Wallmart to see if they had any copies and they told me they only got 2 copies each for the PS3 and X-Box360, they didn't even get any copies for the Wii. It's just really depressing.

I'm sorry about your situation. I didn't know you were up North. Bob might know some good stores that sell games that are close. I'm sure he'll stop in here sometime when he's on
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]I would order from a reputable retailer next time Go to a store like Best Buy or Circuit City to avoid these problems again. Never trust these fly by night places, you'll eventually get burned.J_Ford

hey sweet, i live n BC too! I live in white rock, where do u live?

dragonball3900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dragonball3900
Member since 2005 • 8511 Posts

Reminds me of some guys who preordered the Wii at EB, they ended up at Target with me on launch day, they all got their Wiis without trouble.

Sorry the same thing happened to you, but I must say you just brightened my weekend up a bit(Ebayer, looking to sell these Guitar Hero kits, and if there aren't enough to meet supply then I'll have a nice profit on my hands).

J_Ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 J_Ford
[QUOTE="J_Ford"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]I would order from a reputable retailer next time Go to a store like Best Buy or Circuit City to avoid these problems again. Never trust these fly by night places, you'll eventually get burned.funsohng

hey sweet, i live n BC too! I live in white rock, where do u live?

Sorry for taking so long to reply I wasn't at the computer. I live in Cranbrook.

2good2betrue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 2good2betrue
Member since 2006 • 7791 Posts
I was going to the midnight launch tonight, now i'm kind of scared i won't get it.
SirSpudly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 SirSpudly
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts

My local store owner got two for each console tonight, and he didn't even get a single preorder!

It's likely because EB is going crazy acting like midnight launches can be like Hollywood celebrations and are purposefully shoving all their extra copies into events to show future customers what the spirit of a midnight launch could be if it weren't an inefficient, all-around bad company.

Sorry, but your copy is probably sitting and waiting for someone who will impulse buy the game because they heard about a free video game party on the news.

And yes, I do hope the corporate leader reading this calls me to complain, I have a dokapon kingdom slip I want to hassle them about.

bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bob_newman
Member since 2006 • 8133 Posts

I live in Cranbrook.

J_Ford

I'm sorry to hear that :).

If it makes you feel any better, I used to live in Smithers.

Anyway, I doubt there's a worldwide shortage. It's probably just because you live far away from the main cities. You can always spend a day driving to the nearest town, one that has a WalMart or any big-box store (Zellers, Best Buy, Future Shop, etc). That's if you really, really want the game, of course.

vgm007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#12 vgm007
Member since 2005 • 20931 Posts
The GameStop I went to had the same issue. They only got two Wii bundles, no more.
Sabin55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Sabin55
Member since 2008 • 361 Posts

On my way in a bit to pick mine up,, I'll let you know if they have any sort of shortage.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Went to Wal-Mart,they had like 4x360,2xPs3 and like 3xWii band bundle.

And the one before me in the look took the last one,DAMNIT.

KenSPT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 KenSPT
Member since 2007 • 319 Posts

I only put the guitar kit on reserve, not the full band version, so hopefully I don't run into any sort of issues. I plan on picking it up on my way home from the gym this morning.

The thing is, I already have a guitar, but since I'm moving out of my apartment in a few months and my new roommates don't have a Wii, I figured I'd get another guitar so that I can have someone to play it with. I guess, if I run into the same issue you did, I can always just get the game itself.

To be honest though, I'd be irate if I were you. I'm the kind of guy who would raise a huge stink about that and not leave the store until I had my bundle, or until they directed me to another store in the area where they were holding a bundle for me, or until they called the police on me.

I mean, what's the point of a pre-order if you're not GUARANTEED the product on launch day?

Like someone else said before, your bundle is probably sitting in a back room waiting for some jamoke to walk in off the street for an impulse buy. They already have your money, so they'd rather sell extra games and make you wait than make sure you have it on time.

To be fair though, I've never had any issue with anything I've ever put on reserve with Gamestop. I got my GH3 on time with no issues, I got Mario Galaxy on time with no issues, Mario Kart Wii with no issues, so hopefully GH4 is the same way ... if it's not, you can bet your behind I'll be here kicking and screaming ... :-)

J_Ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 J_Ford

On my way in a bit to pick mine up,, I'll let you know if they have any sort of shortage.

Sabin55

Ok, goodluck.

dragonball3900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dragonball3900
Member since 2005 • 8511 Posts

I went to Fred Meyers at 7 to get mine. They had two of each band kit, and I was the only one their to buy any of them.

There was another lady buying the software only though.

J_Ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 J_Ford
[QUOTE="J_Ford"]

I live in Cranbrook.

bob_newman

I'm sorry to hear that :).

If it makes you feel any better, I used to live in Smithers.

Anyway, I doubt there's a worldwide shortage. It's probably just because you live far away from the main cities. You can always spend a day driving to the nearest town, one that has a WalMart or any big-box store (Zellers, Best Buy, Future Shop, etc). That's if you really, really want the game, of course.

I hope you're right about there not being a shortage. I would drive to another city except I don't have my license and unfortunatly I don't have anyone who'd be willing to drive me just for a videogame.

Sabin55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Sabin55
Member since 2008 • 361 Posts

picked mine up no problem. Though I was one of the first ones there. Preordered through gamestop and they seemed to have all of theirs in as they had numerous boxes of them. This is in upstate NY.

There are a few DLC songs up at this time. There are three songs from Metillica DM, not the whole album. The guitar hero page is still not set up for linking the account though.. hear that will be a few more days out.

J_Ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 J_Ford

picked mine up no problem. Though I was one of the first ones there. Preordered through gamestop and they seemed to have all of theirs in as they had numerous boxes of them. This is in upstate NY.

There are a few DLC songs up at this time. There are three songs from Metillica DM, not the whole album. The guitar hero page is still not set up for linking the account though.. hear that will be a few more days out.

Sabin55

Glad to hear you got your copy. Thanks for the info about the DLC.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts

I was going to the midnight launch tonight, now i'm kind of scared i won't get it. 2good2betrue

I don't think a place will have a midnight sell if they only have two copies to go around. anybody having a midnight sell should an anmple supply.

PhoenixVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#22 PhoenixVenom
Member since 2008 • 706 Posts
I pre ordered this baby back in the beginning of june and went bright an early this morning to get it bundle. its awesome. the drum kit is really nice, the only draw back from it is that the bass pedal doesnt have a little hook on the end like in rock band, so it slides a little but its not that big of a deal, it rocks hard. i know what im doing for a long long while.
wetwilli64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 wetwilli64
Member since 2008 • 464 Posts

I pre-ordered GH on walmart.com about a month ago....

So, based on what everybody here knows...could somebody give me a rough estimate on when it would get here? ( I live in Central U.S.) Thanks!