Got my new Cosmos black 3DS, a little help please guys!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

M43-Smithy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 M43-Smithy
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
So i got it like 2 hours ago and its been on charge for about that time. Am i ok to turn it on and bust out some 3D games or should i wait? Also i got 2 games: - Street fighter 3D - Pokemon white Fancy being my friend post your comment and your friend code below. Thanks.
TankZorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 TankZorz
Member since 2004 • 1836 Posts
Yeah, you can play it. Enjoy your new system!
emirblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 emirblade
Member since 2008 • 904 Posts

Yeah, you can play it! Awesome 2 games btw.

Avatar image for CongressManStan
CongressManStan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CongressManStan
Member since 2010 • 918 Posts
Why would ask a forum for permission to play something that you bought?
TankZorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TankZorz
Why would ask a forum for permission to play something that you bought?CongressManStan
In the past, using electronics before they were fully charged could seriously diminish the capacity of the battery. It's unnecessary but perfectly reasonable to ask this type of question.
fablesway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 fablesway
Member since 2011 • 23504 Posts

Congrats on your new 3DS hope you enjoy it, as for the question you can play games on it while it charges but keep in mind it will take longer to charge

riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 riariases
Member since 2007 • 2335 Posts
If you really wanna be safe, charge it fully and then turn it on. If you don't mind a little risk, go right ahead and turn it on. I think if its plugged in when you first turn it on, it should be okay since the 3DS is being powered by the ac adapter when it's charging, not the battery.
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

when you put it in the docking thing...when the orange light turns off that means its fully charged.

ZachMasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ZachMasta
Member since 2010 • 579 Posts
lol woops. I guess you are supposed to charge it right out of the box? -_- I ripped it out and began playing in a heartbeat. Oh and the 3D initializing thing was sweet.
pencru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 pencru
Member since 2009 • 1779 Posts
Just do what the manual says, I guess..? Anyway, congrats on your new toy which I really, really wish I had one of as well right now. :(
ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

lol woops. I guess you are supposed to charge it right out of the box? -_- I ripped it out and began playing in a heartbeat. Oh and the 3D initializing thing was sweet.ZachMasta

No you weren't supposed to charge it out of Box, some just don't know that we have lithium-ion batteries since a lot years now which don't have the bad things like memory effect earlier batteries had

alexatkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 alexatkin
Member since 2004 • 126 Posts

[QUOTE="ZachMasta"]lol woops. I guess you are supposed to charge it right out of the box? -_- I ripped it out and began playing in a heartbeat. Oh and the 3D initializing thing was sweet.ArchoNils2

No you weren't supposed to charge it out of Box, some just don't know that we have lithium-ion batteries since a lot years now which don't have the bad things like memory effect earlier batteries had

You are mistaken as many if not all Lithium Ion based appliances recommend charging it fully on first use, its usually the very first thing it tells you to do in the manual. That is because the charging circuit has to learn the real capacity of the battery for the battery remaining indicator to be accurate and also for it to know exactly how far it is safe to charge the battery. It doesn't necessarily do any damage using it right away, it just means your remaining charge indicator might take a few full cycles before it is accurate and it may stop short of reaching the maximum charge until it knows what the battery can handle.
mirandela

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mirandela
Member since 2010 • 78 Posts
... ups... i just turned my 3ds on out of the box and play it untill the battery run out.
ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

[QUOTE="ArchoNils2"]

[QUOTE="ZachMasta"]lol woops. I guess you are supposed to charge it right out of the box? -_- I ripped it out and began playing in a heartbeat. Oh and the 3D initializing thing was sweet.alexatkin

You are mistaken as many if not all Lithium Ion based appliances recommend charging it fully on first use, its usually the very first thing it tells you to do in the manual. That is because the charging circuit has to learn the real capacity of the battery for the battery remaining indicator to be accurate and also for it to know exactly how far it is safe to charge the battery. It doesn't necessarily do any damage using it right away, it just means your remaining charge indicator might take a few full cycles before it is accurate and it may stop short of reaching the maximum charge until it knows what the battery can handle.

Do you have any proof of your statement? The Wiki article I linked as well as bit battery sites like batteryuniversity all say that there is nothing you need to do regarding the first charge and there are tons of articles like this one that say that the first charge is just a myth. No source = no trust

TankZorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TankZorz

[QUOTE="alexatkin"][QUOTE="ArchoNils2"]

ArchoNils2

Do you have any proof of your statement? The Wiki article I linked as well as bit battery sites like batteryuniversity all say that there is nothing you need to do regarding the first charge and there are tons of articles like this one that say that the first charge is just a myth. No source = no trust

Technology changes but too many people don't pay attention to the little things.