goldeneye wii and nightfire

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

I didn't know that the guys behind goldeneye Wii are the ones that made Night fire. This honestly makes me much more hopeful for the game then before :). I personally thought Agent Under Fire was good but the multi levels were too small, night fire made that better and defintely had problems but was pretty fun and bond like none the less. This game seems to be even better (as long as having only 5 maps is not true). I wonder though if they will keep the three difficulty system and the cheats being awarded for beating it in an amount of time. That would be great, as both of those things were a blast.

Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#2 enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts
I still have Nightfire and is one of my favorite games for James Bond. Actually is the only FPS I have for this series I love the multiplayer but I find difficult to play FPS with the GC controller If GoldenEye can fulfill the promise it could be a worthy addition to my 007 collection ;-)
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 NaveedLife

I still have Nightfire and is one of my favorite games for James Bond. Actually is the only FPS I have for this series I love the multiplayer but I find difficult to play FPS with the GC controller If GoldenEye can fulfill the promise it could be a worthy addition to my 007 collection ;-)enrique_marrodz

Wii controls may be gimmicky a lot of the time, but when it comes to FPS games I have got to hand it to them! I hate dual analog sticks, but the motion controls work so great. I don't think this title will be as much of an impact as goldeneye 64 was or anything, but I think it will be a great successor to the FPS bond series. I think Agent Under Fire was ok, Night fire was pretty good, and I think this game has the potential to be great. I am not looking for Goldeneye (cause it is NOT a remake by any means), I am looking for a new bond game that steps it up as Goldeneye 64 had, which seems like what we will be getting :). More excited for this then Killzone 3 I think, even though both could be somewhat of flops for the hype received.

gamer_CNSK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gamer_CNSK
Member since 2010 • 175 Posts
The same developer also made Dead Space Extraction I think, which was a quality title for the Wii. Though it was on rails, it still showed they can made a good game for the Wii.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NaveedLife

The same developer also made Dead Space Extraction I think, which was a quality title for the Wii. Though it was on rails, it still showed they can made a good game for the Wii.gamer_CNSK

yeah, I have not played it, but I hear good things. I really enjoyed Night Fire as it followed the bond formula of stealth elements and action. There is splinter cell and there is killzone, bond lays perfectly in between them :P. I really enjoy unlocking stuff in SP such as the cheats so I hope those make a return and I also hope they have a radar off option as radars are SUPER lame.

UbiquitousAeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 UbiquitousAeon
Member since 2010 • 2099 Posts
The same developer also made Dead Space Extraction I think, which was a quality title for the Wii. Though it was on rails, it still showed they can made a good game for the Wii.gamer_CNSK
They just helped out, Visceral Games made it...
Raiko101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Raiko101
Member since 2005 • 3339 Posts
Well I was rather disapointed with Nightfire. It felt stiff and the single player mode was a bore. Much like Agent Under Fire. Here's hoping 3rd time is the charm!
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NaveedLife

Well I was rather disapointed with Nightfire. It felt stiff and the single player mode was a bore. Much like Agent Under Fire. Here's hoping 3rd time is the charm!Raiko101

huh, its been awhile since I have played it, but when I did I thought it was pretty great and felt the most like Goldeneye, behind perfect dark that is. Timesplitters 2 is the other amazing bond like game :P.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NaveedLife

Is it just me or does this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGBr09xg4as

look better then some of the trailer shown off. I think the gameplay view of the game I have seen looks pretty good for Wii, but maybe I will be wrong, we shall see :P.

Raiko101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Raiko101
Member since 2005 • 3339 Posts
That does indeed look fun.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 NaveedLife

That does indeed look fun.Raiko101

Haha I meant visually but that too :P.

LB80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LB80
Member since 2005 • 618 Posts

I liked Nightfire. IMO, it's the closest any Bond game has come to matching Goldeneye so far. I really hope that Nightfire's remote controlled missile launchers appear in Goldeneye Wii :)

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
This game will be great, hopefully-
Charpig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Charpig
Member since 2010 • 36 Posts
Almost all the James Bond games for the Nintendo consoles have turned out very well, including and especially Goldeneye (for the 64, NOT Rogue Agent!) and Nightfire. Quantum of Solace was pretty bad, though. After playing that game, I was thinking it was time for James Bond to retire.....Let's hope he can redeem himself with this new Goldeneye.
JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

Nightfire was really good, but nothing compares to EA's everything or nothing

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NaveedLife

JuarN18

Everything or Nothing was pretty good (for its time), but I want bond to be FPS and the multiplayer lacked in that game aswell, which is what bond is all about. Nightfire was better IMO because of this, although I had a lot of fun with the SP of EoN.

JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

[QUOTE="JuarN18"]

NaveedLife

Everything or Nothing was pretty good (for its time), but I want bond to be FPS and the multiplayer lacked in that game aswell, which is what bond is all about. Nightfire was better IMO because of this, although I had a lot of fun with the SP of EoN.

to each it's own, i still thing EoN is the best james bond game :P