Goldeneye SP vs MP impressions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

After watching all the videos released on Goldeneye Wii, I noticed that I am very impressed with the SP and the MP I think looks promising, but I am less impressed then I was with the MP. I am hoping my concerns are dashed when the game launches. What do you guys think, so far? Is the MP and SP meeting your expectations judging by the videos released?

***Videos of MP modes***

Deathmatch

http://www.ign.com/videos/2010/10/27/goldeneye-007-classic-conflict-mode-gameplay?objectid=867280

Golden Gun

http://www.ign.com/videos/2010/10/27/goldeneye-007-more-golden-gun-mode-gameplay

http://www.ign.com/videos/2010/10/27/goldeneye-007-golden-gun-mode-gameplay?objectid=867280

Hero

http://www.ign.com/videos/2010/10/27/goldeneye-007-hero-mode-gameplay?objectid=867280

Goldeneye

http://www.ign.com/videos/2010/10/27/goldeneye-007-goldeneye-mode-gameplay?objectid=867280

Black Box

http://www.ign.com/videos/2010/10/27/goldeneye-007-black-box-mode-gameplay?objectid=867280

Avatar image for Wolfman_chopper
Wolfman_chopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Wolfman_chopper
Member since 2008 • 19937 Posts

both of them are lookin good to me

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 NaveedLife

Maybe I will change my mind when I play the multi, but does the running kind of bother anyone else? Also I hope the controls can be more customized with the bounding box and such. I like them really tight (advanced).

HawkEye1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 HawkEye1997
Member since 2009 • 1070 Posts
WHAT THE HECK i CANT VOTE :(
unrealtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 unrealtron
Member since 2010 • 3148 Posts

The single player will be good... I hope

1PMrFister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#6 1PMrFister
Member since 2010 • 3134 Posts

Both look quite decent, especially compared to other Wii FPS offerings. I wouldn't expect either of them to be mind-blowing, but at the same time you'll likely get your money's worth out of this game.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NaveedLife

There is a new trailer up on IGN "Launch Trailer", and it does indeed get me hyped for the game :P. I think reading reviews that will hopefully be out soon, will give us all a good idea what we are getting here. I like the maps and ideas of MP but I hope playing it is actually fun. I will have to wait and see.

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
The single player looks a bit better.
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
With a game like this you should really be playing it for the multiplayer. I don't expect the campaign to even hit the 10 hour mark.
JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts
Both look good but the single player looks better (imo)
Darth-Samus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 Darth-Samus
Member since 2006 • 3995 Posts

Maybe I will change my mind when I play the multi, but does the running kind of bother anyone else? Also I hope the controls can be more customized with the bounding box and such. I like them really tight (advanced).

NaveedLife

I think the running looks perfectly fine. Great even It's becoma a staple for FPSs lately but I love it. I think it will work perfectly for Goldeneye's MP matches.

I think the game as a whole looks absolutely fantastic. People's initial complaints came from Activivsion's poor choice of showing only the Split-Screen matches for several months, making the graphics look weak. But now the online and campaign stuff is really starting to shine. One of my most hyped games all year!

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

Darth-Samus

I think the running looks perfectly fine. Great even It's becoma a staple for FPSs lately but I love it. I think it will work perfectly for Goldeneye's MP matches.

I think the game as a whole looks absolutely fantastic. People's initial complaints came from Activivsion's poor choice of showing only the Split-Screen matches for several months, making the graphics look weak. But now the online and campaign stuff is really starting to shine. One of my most hyped games all year!

Haha I like running too, I just thought it seemed a bit odd, but the more I watch these vids, the more I think it looks pretty great. I am loving some of the modes, and Hero looks really fun. Lets hope this game can deliver with the overall experience and be something to remember....or at least a solid start to FPS bond games on the Wii/nextgen Wii and even better, the 3DS :).

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

I am more interested in the singleplayer but I am sure it will be short. That is too bad. The original game took awhile to beat on SP on all difficulties plus getting the cheats. I have a hardwire connection so I cannot play online. Do they even still sell those adaptors?

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 NaveedLife

I am more interested in the singleplayer but I am sure it will be short. That is too bad. The original game took awhile to beat on SP on all difficulties plus getting the cheats. I have a hardwire connection so I cannot play online. Do they even still sell those adaptors?

gamenerd15

....the nintendo wifi dongles? You can just buy a router, but yes I think they do. Also, the game has lan which is awesome. The SP in this I am guessing will be about as long as the N64 one, and it does have multiple difficulty levels, but IDK if it has any cheats or unlockables through SP. I thought you could unlock something, I am not sure what though.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
idk about MP, but SP looks great for me. Not sure I will get it though, AC: Brotherhood and Epic Mickey both in November.
NeoStar9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NeoStar9
Member since 2003 • 1761 Posts

I think both look good but the game takes a serious hit in 4 player multiplayer though. Online looks good though and I like the few modes we've seen so far. I hope there are more. I'm looking forward to the single player due to the revamped story. That objectives are added depending on the difficulty level should make things interesting. Do many games do this now?

I just wish I knew if the modifiers were included in the random online matching with voting for different ones the way you seem to be able to vote on maps. Also if any patching was in and how well hacking will be addressed.

Arc2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Arc2012
Member since 2007 • 1535 Posts
First time I've seen those MP videos and I just have to ask: Why would they add a Golden Gun mode? That mode was fun because in the 64 game it took significant amounts of hits to bring someone down. With GE Wii it only take 3 shots to bring someone down anyway so whats the point?
rcafan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rcafan
Member since 2010 • 2025 Posts
First time I've seen those MP videos and I just have to ask: Why would they add a Golden Gun mode? That mode was fun because in the 64 game it took significant amounts of hits to bring someone down. With GE Wii it only take 3 shots to bring someone down anyway so whats the point?Arc2012
maybe cause its part of the goldeneye expreince? and maybe they couldn't get one shot one kill back than? so whats wrong with it now?
thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 thedude-
Member since 2009 • 2369 Posts

I don't have expectations for this game.

This game is weird and mishandled everywhere from production to development.

rcafan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 rcafan

thedude-
how was it weird and mishnadled? :
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 NaveedLife

First time I've seen those MP videos and I just have to ask: Why would they add a Golden Gun mode? That mode was fun because in the 64 game it took significant amounts of hits to bring someone down. With GE Wii it only take 3 shots to bring someone down anyway so whats the point?Arc2012

I am glad they have it, but I do agree to an extent. I hope you can adjust your life in lan or something. IDK maybe its just me, but it looks like the health is more CoD like, rather then Goldeneye, Halo, Timesplitters, and perfect Dark. We will have to see though :P.

1PMrFister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 1PMrFister
Member since 2010 • 3134 Posts

There's a modifier for the multiplayer modes where you can have a health bar in place of the the regenerating health system. If the developers set the health for this modifier high enough, the golden gun might come in very handy.

Provided that you can aim with it, that is.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 gamenerd15

[QUOTE="Arc2012"]First time I've seen those MP videos and I just have to ask: Why would they add a Golden Gun mode? That mode was fun because in the 64 game it took significant amounts of hits to bring someone down. With GE Wii it only take 3 shots to bring someone down anyway so whats the point?NaveedLife

I am glad they have it, but I do agree to an extent. I hope you can adjust your life in lan or something. IDK maybe its just me, but it looks like the health is more CoD like, rather then Goldeneye, Halo, Timesplitters, and perfect Dark. We will have to see though :P.

You can have the old school health meter/bar

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="Arc2012"]First time I've seen those MP videos and I just have to ask: Why would they add a Golden Gun mode? That mode was fun because in the 64 game it took significant amounts of hits to bring someone down. With GE Wii it only take 3 shots to bring someone down anyway so whats the point?gamenerd15

That is really good to know, but that doesnt mean the amount of health is higher then when its regen. Not saying its necessarily a bad thing, but thats kind of what games like Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, and Halo are based on, unrealistic damageing :P.

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="Arc2012"]First time I've seen those MP videos and I just have to ask: Why would they add a Golden Gun mode? That mode was fun because in the 64 game it took significant amounts of hits to bring someone down. With GE Wii it only take 3 shots to bring someone down anyway so whats the point?gamenerd15

That is only in single player, correct? Or is there some sort "Classic" mode in the multiplayer?
kinger256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 kinger256
Member since 2005 • 1770 Posts
MP doesn't look that different from Black ops. Thought it would be more old school multi-player (no aiming down sights).
NeoStar9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 NeoStar9

[QUOTE="gamenerd15"]

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

meetroid8

That is only in single player, correct? Or is there some sort "Classic" mode in the multiplayer?

I believe there is but it has to be unlocked via leveling up in online multiplayer. I think one of the pre-orders gives you a code to unlock it from the start though but not sure which store it is.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="meetroid8"][QUOTE="gamenerd15"]

NeoStar9

I believe there is but it has to be unlocked via leveling up in online multiplayer. I think one of the pre-orders gives you a code to unlock it from the start though but not sure which store it is.

Huh, never heard of this. I do know that in SP the hardest mode is classic style.

AmayaPapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 AmayaPapaya
Member since 2008 • 9029 Posts

They both look equal.

NeoStar9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 NeoStar9

[QUOTE="NeoStar9"]

[QUOTE="meetroid8"] That is only in single player, correct? Or is there some sort "Classic" mode in the multiplayer?NaveedLife

Huh, never heard of this. I do know that in SP the hardest mode is classic style.

Sorry I was thinking of classic conflict mode which is unlocked at level 35 but if you classic controller bundle you get the code to unlock it from the start. That's the one that lets you play as Jaws, Oddjob, etc.
Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Sonny360Elite
Member since 2009 • 1593 Posts
The game looks good.. but there is no way I'd pay $50 for it. Is this game not the same exact thing as the N64 game? Why would I pay $50 for that? I'll MAYBE buy this when it hit's $30 or $20 on clearance. Seems like another ripoff releasing some old stuff. Donkey Kong Country..Goldeneye, Mario Allstars for $130...GTFO of here
NeoStar9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 NeoStar9
[QUOTE="Sonny360Elite"]The game looks good.. but there is no way I'd pay $50 for it. Is this game not the same exact thing as the N64 game? Why would I pay $50 for that? I'll MAYBE buy this when it hit's $30 or $20 on clearance. Seems like another ripoff releasing some old stuff. Donkey Kong Country..Goldeneye, Mario Allstars for $130...GTFO of here

No it isn't. It's another game based off the GoldeneEye film. Not simply a remake. That means new levels, new everything, rewrite of the story to fit Danial Criag's Bond, and modern FPS gameplay. In addition to that an online system (similar to CoD) as well as a robust local mulitplayer system. Just take a look at the actual website for the game. www.goldeneyegame.com
rcafan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 rcafan
[QUOTE="Sonny360Elite"]The game looks good.. but there is no way I'd pay $50 for it. Is this game not the same exact thing as the N64 game? Why would I pay $50 for that? I'll MAYBE buy this when it hit's $30 or $20 on clearance. Seems like another ripoff releasing some old stuff. Donkey Kong Country..Goldeneye, Mario Allstars for $130...GTFO of here

too bad you didn't look at the infomation cleary all over the internet.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 NaveedLife

The game looks good.. but there is no way I'd pay $50 for it. Is this game not the same exact thing as the N64 game? Why would I pay $50 for that? I'll MAYBE buy this when it hit's $30 or $20 on clearance. Seems like another ripoff releasing some old stuff. Donkey Kong Country..Goldeneye, Mario Allstars for $130...GTFO of hereSonny360Elite

Are you just trolling DKCR? DKCR is going to blow your mind man! I cannot wait for it, and if I have to pick between that or Goldeneye, it will indeed be that.

Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Sonny360Elite
No I'm not trolling anything I just find it ridiculous that all they can offer is some overpriced ripoffs. My Wii has sat in the box for months. Donkey Kong is a true remake, right? I saw videos and it looked like the exact same thing with some added animations. It looks real good though, worth $30 imo. It will be a fun game for sure
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 NaveedLife

No I'm not trolling anything I just find it ridiculous that all they can offer is some overpriced ripoffs. My Wii has sat in the box for months. Donkey Kong is a true remake, right? I saw videos and it looked like the exact same thing with some added animations. It looks real good though, worth $30 imo. It will be a fun game for sureSonny360Elite

*facepalm*

anyway....lol

Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Sonny360Elite

[QUOTE="Sonny360Elite"]No I'm not trolling anything I just find it ridiculous that all they can offer is some overpriced ripoffs. My Wii has sat in the box for months. Donkey Kong is a true remake, right? I saw videos and it looked like the exact same thing with some added animations. It looks real good though, worth $30 imo. It will be a fun game for sureNaveedLife

*facepalm*

anyway....lol

I meant overpriced remakes not ripoffs
psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 psychobrew
Member since 2008 • 8888 Posts
The game looks good.. but there is no way I'd pay $50 for it. Is this game not the same exact thing as the N64 game? Why would I pay $50 for that? I'll MAYBE buy this when it hit's $30 or $20 on clearance. Seems like another ripoff releasing some old stuff. Donkey Kong Country..Goldeneye, Mario Allstars for $130...GTFO of hereSonny360Elite
Concidering the extra features you get with Black Ops and Conduit 2, I kind of agree. You'd think they'd have at least 10 player online multiplayer and headbanger headset support. Think about it, many of the people who played the game the first time around are all grown up now and have moved away from their friends -- this would be the perfect way to get back in touch. I can even get $20 off a future game by pre-ordering Black Ops, which drops the cost down to $30. Why can't I find something similar for Goldeneye?
thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 thedude-
Member since 2009 • 2369 Posts
[QUOTE="thedude-"]

rcafan
how was it weird and mishnadled? :

Look into the history of how this game came to be.
gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 gamenerd15

From what I have seen the game looks awesome. I don't see how it is a ripoff or anything. I like that they are taking a new spin on the game. It's not a remake. They are retelling the story. The levels are totally different. I don't understand the hate really. People complain about not getting "core" games but when games finally come about people are going to complain. All the previews for this game said it was great. It could still suck, but I don't think so. It might not be "AAA" but it seems worth getting. People are finding reasons not to like this game. It is stupid to find reasons not to like a game.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#41 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
If anything, single player. Yeah, the problem with multiplayer it has omg less maps than its N64 version!!