Roronoa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#1 Roronoa11
Member since 2005 • 46 Posts

This year is the 30th anniversary of the beloved revolutionary Game Boy and it got me wondering: should there be a Game Boy add-on adapter (like the SNES's Super Game Boy https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Game_Boy and the Gamecube's Game Boy Player https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_Boy_Player) had for the Switch? Sure, we now have the eShop where we can buy digital copies of past games in the Virtual Console but there are literally hundreds of GB, GBC, and GBA games out there that are still absolute gems to play, not to mention so many that were region exclusive at the time too!! Add an additional DS-3DS backwards compatibility and I know that it would sell like hot cakes! Plus imagine the kick you'd get playing original games (or your actual old game paks like me! ?) on your tv with fancy options.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

While that would be awesome being able to play all of your gb up to 3ds games on your switch, I just don't see it happening sadly.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#3 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I would just like it if GB, GBC and GBA games were added to the Switch Online service. Probably won't happen, but who knows?

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34668 Posts
@Roronoa11 said:

Sure, we now have the eShop where we can buy digital copies of past games in the Virtual Console

Except that Nintendo removed that from us. To get access to such eshop games, we need to bust out our old hardware. Would be cool if Nintendo offered at least the same things on Switch as they did on Wii / Wii U / 3DS, and not way less things. In this case, Nintendo are morons. I wouldn't expect to ever be able to play GB games on Switch. Especially not via hardware, like the GB player for the GameCube. There's not many people out there that have saved their old GB carts and wants to use them again.