from your point of view, how id you see the DS?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

meowww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 meowww
Member since 2003 • 453 Posts
i want to hear your one first
Djammal86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 Djammal86
Member since 2006 • 6088 Posts

When I saw the DS original for the first time, I thought it looked too bulky, which destracted me from even wanting to give the games a try. then when they came out w/ the DS lite, Nintendo caught my interest again and I started checking out the games. I eventually bought the DS lite in October 2006 and have loved it ever since...

what a touching story :cry:

jmangafan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 jmangafan
Member since 2004 • 1933 Posts

There was an EGM issue that covered the e3 with the DS and PSP being shown off. In that article they showed some pictures of upcoming games. One of those games was New Super Mario Bros.

The absolute SECOND that I realized they were making the first new sidescrolling Mario title in over a decade, I knew the DS was the system to own. I got the DS shortly after launch and have never looked back.

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts
idk i was getting a gba but my friend was like u should get a ds it comes out in like a month.
Wiitendo64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Wiitendo64
Member since 2006 • 2553 Posts
I remember first seeing it in Nintendo Power magizines. What I loved was how awsome the grapics were. Remember we only had GBA at the time, and seeing N64 grapics on a handheld left me speechless. I remember staring at Mario64X4 (Now known as Mario64DS) and loving the grapics, as well as the animal rossing and metriod prime screens. What REALLY got me hooked was when they said it'd have online gameplay. I pictured that every game would have the feature and I was excited. So to me I saw it as a awsome handheld N64 with online multiplyer! (Sadly it turned out that I'd have to wait a year before wifi abilitys came out.)
xxcommixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 xxcommixx
Member since 2006 • 1426 Posts

I rememberit looked very unappealing by the way the system physically looked, and the shoddy launch games that came out with it. I waited for the PSP instead, and got it on launch day. Needless to say, the PSP didn't turn out the way I thought it would be. Then I see that the "Lite" version came out, and it looked very tempting. I sold the PSP shortly after, and got the Onyx DS Lite.

I just hope I made the right choice >_>

Joseph881

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Joseph881
Member since 2004 • 1184 Posts
I remember seeing it in an e3 video. Shortly after somehow, I found the password to the old press release site. I can still remember the login, it was golin harris. I personally liked the prototype DS look more than the Original Style One. I was under the impression that a majority of the games would have online play. Also, Mario 64x4 is a much more interesting name than Mario 64 DS.
Famicomman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 Famicomman
Member since 2006 • 2467 Posts
I remember seeing some of the pictures on GS and I loved and I stayed by Game Spot waiting for news on the DS and the "REVOLUTION".
STABW0UND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 STABW0UND
Member since 2007 • 2285 Posts
Never really cared about nintendo products, still dont. so of course i got a psp first then when i had some spare cash i decided to get a DS mainly because i knew it would have the pokemon games.
Link_fan_316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11 Link_fan_316
Member since 2004 • 1914 Posts
i remember on 2004 reading an article about nintendo making a new handheld and how it would be all fresh and unique...when i ...it cought my attention...then i saw a prototype...the first thing i said was... WTF ! O.o 2 screens...it looks so stupid and wierd... IT MIGHT JUST WORK XDDDD and it did hehe... ive been a DS fanatic sinde Novermber 2004 ^^
Avatar image for Denjin_hadouken
Denjin_hadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Denjin_hadouken
Member since 2007 • 5927 Posts
When the ds first came out, i thought it was just another fun gameboy to pick up..i wanted it..badly...i was about 13 at the time...once i got it...i was blown away by the grapics of Suoer mario 64. It was a new system, with a touch screen. I realized it wasn't just another gameboy, but a whole completely new system (yea i know :P). I still have my ds til this day and i love it very much :)
Lance_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 Lance_C
Member since 2004 • 34544 Posts
I was excited about the touch screen and the stylus. I have had the GBA and it was a great handheld. So with the predecessor in my hands, I was certain the DS is going to be one great handheld. After all, it's Nintendo. I researched some of its games and came across Phoenix Wright, an attorney game, which persuaded me to buy it. I was pursuing laws at the time (not anymore). And after that I went to the store and bought myself one. No regrets whatsoever.
Avatar image for nintendo_fan675
nintendo_fan675

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 nintendo_fan675
Member since 2007 • 14578 Posts
I got the GBA SP lite when the DS was out in store later on I got the DS for my birthday
inzaneetie013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 inzaneetie013
Member since 2007 • 1385 Posts

I got the GBA SP lite when the DS was out in store later on I got the DS for my birthdaynintendo_fan675

is sp lite a gba after micro?

WootyWoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 WootyWoot
Member since 2007 • 164 Posts
Try changing your topic so it makes sense!
-Rhys-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 -Rhys-
Member since 2006 • 285 Posts

i thought it was awesome so trained myself on my bike to be able to get to the nearest gamestore in like 5 mins for the launch :P

they were sold out when i got there T_T

blackfire210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 blackfire210
Member since 2004 • 274 Posts
I was all for the DS from the beginning, back when they first announced the Silver Brick model. :P All my friends thought the PSP would kill it. After it came out my friends would come over and say "I tried it at ______ and it was pretty fun, lemme play Super Mario 64 DS" and we all ended up getting a DS and PSP, I got both at launch.
Samurai_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Samurai_Xavier
Member since 2003 • 4364 Posts

The original DS was pretty ugly...