Forget reviews, ZombiU is a blast

This topic is locked from further discussion.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

From a first hand standpoint, and not from the perspective of a professional journalist, ZombiU is amazing.

The reviews don't lie; the game is full of flaws. But I will say its very easily counterbalanced by the fact that you've never played anything like this before. If you're someone that will get consumed by the "new" factor, than ZombiU will provide you hours upon hours of fun.

If you're going to poke at every flaw in the game, don't bother. Get an accounting degree.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

From a first hand standpoint, and not from the perspective of a professional journalist, ZombiU is amazing.

The reviews don't lie; the game is full of flaws. But I will say its very easily counterbalanced by the fact that you've never played anything like this before. If you're someone that will get consumed by the "new" factor, than ZombiU will provide you hours upon hours of fun.

If you're going to poke at every flaw in the game, don't bother. Get an accounting degree.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Lmao, I got a kick out of the bolded part, best post I've seen in a while :lol:

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

The game looks like Condemned and Resident Evil had a child to me tbh.

zyphyr2k12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 zyphyr2k12
Member since 2012 • 277 Posts

I'm considering buying it because on Miiverse many people are comparing it to games like Resident Evil 1 & 2 in spirit and I even read someone say they feel it has the same hardcore feel as Demon's Souls. I will probably pick it up soon.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

IMAHAPYHIPPO

You like garbage

Don't think that everyone will buy garbage

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

[QUOTE="IMAHAPYHIPPO"]

Jaysonguy

You like garbage

You like bullying people on the internet because you don't like their personal taste in games. Don't think that everyone will buy your garbage
Bangerman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Bangerman15
Member since 2010 • 1978 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="IMAHAPYHIPPO"]

bonesawisready5

You like garbage

You like bullying people on the internet because you don't like their personal taste in games. Don't think that everyone will buy your garbage

LOL! owned
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="IMAHAPYHIPPO"]

bonesawisready5

You like garbage

You think this is bullying? lol

Wow, well aren't you fragile, hug your quota of trees today?

sum_guy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 sum_guy09
Member since 2011 • 668 Posts

i had it preorderd but i still didn't get it.. not because of the reviews but becuz i was disappointed that there wasn't any online multiplayer modes except for that lame king of the zombie thing. it just looked like it would get repetitive & lack replay value. the only reason i preordered it in the first place was because i was drunk when i walked into gamestop & they always try to get u to preorder something

bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bonesawisready5

[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

You like garbage

Jaysonguy

Go ahead and talk in circles now like you always do when people respond to your flamebait posts, hijacking threads. You're putting him down for enjoying something that you think is "garbage". Usually when you say someone enjoys garbage that is an insult and implies that you don't think they're intelligent enough or capable enough of understanding why the thing they enjoy is bad and that they couldn't possibly enjoy things "above" their level of intellect. Why can't he enjoy the game? If you bought it, rented it, played it and didn't like it than go right ahead and say what was so bad about your experience with it. But if you haven't even touched that game then you just come across like a bully. Why do you have to tell him that he enjoys garbage? What would you gain from it? I can understand "Oh man I hated the game waste of $60!" but not "You like garbage".
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#11 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"] You like bullying people on the internet because you don't like their personal taste in games. Don't think that everyone will buy your garbagebonesawisready5

Go ahead and talk in circles now like you always do when people respond to your flamebait posts, hijacking threads. You're putting him down for enjoying something that you think is "garbage". Usually when you say someone enjoys garbage that is an insult and implies that you don't think they're intelligent enough or capable enough of understanding why the thing they enjoy is bad and that they couldn't possibly enjoy things "above" their level of intellect. Why can't he enjoy the game? If you bought it, rented it, played it and didn't like it than go right ahead and say what was so bad about your experience with it. But if you haven't even touched that game then you just come across like a bully. Why do you have to tell him that he enjoys garbage? What would you gain from it? I can understand "Oh man I hated the game waste of $60!" but not "You like garbage".

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
I am just gonna do a rental then maybe pick it up cheap later on if any fun at all.
yellonet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 yellonet
Member since 2004 • 7768 Posts

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"] You like bullying people on the internet because you don't like their personal taste in games. Don't think that everyone will buy your garbagebonesawisready5

No use getting all riled up over Jaysonguy. He's not worth it.

bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bonesawisready5

[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

yellonet

My post does come off a little bit angry. I'm not really bothered by him just annoyed. There are people trying to have real interactions about games in threads he goes into just to derail them and it's irritating.
foxfacer2d2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 foxfacer2d2
Member since 2010 • 570 Posts

[QUOTE="IMAHAPYHIPPO"]

Jaysonguy

You like garbage

and you think the reviewers are professionals or something, they are a joke. how much does it take for someone to like a game or not? pretty damn easy and then people want to go further than that and then everyone is a critique

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#16 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

The majority of the current scores of Zombi U on metacritic is 80 or higher.

Many critics and non critics consider this to be a strong launch title. The responses and opinions of the Gamepad are scattered and mixed from horrible to incredibly immersive and everywhere in between. At this point, I don't know which to trust for Gamepad functionality for responsiveness and execution of ideas because they're so scattered

But you tc, enjoy the game, and that matters.

It's much better to hear gamers enjoying games that with very universally negative reception (not accusing Zombi U here) than any kind of negativity and whining of all blockbuster, AA or major franchise games that will be repeatedly be said for the next 4 years.

GamerEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 GamerEye
Member since 2011 • 1607 Posts

From the sounds of it, this game is a love or hate kind of game. I don't have this game so I can comment on how good or bad it actually is.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#18 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
The game has one major problem, and it's inescapable whether you like the game or not. The melee just flat out sucks. It's not that I mind countlessing caving in the skulls of deadites with a cricket bat, but it's just so not fun doing it. For instance, why do some zombie take four while others take eight swings? I once killed one in one swing. Why can't I do that more often? Why can't I have control over my swings? They're inconsistent. Some will swing right away, while others hold the bat over their head far too long, making it too hard to time your attacks when you're up close. When I try to kill my previous survivor to get my loot back, I don't even attempt it with the bat anymore. The game has some major problems that you just can't shrug off.
Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

I havent played the game, but from the sounds of it (from what I've read from the Zombie U community on Miiverse off of the people that Miiverse says who actually played the game before) the game is pretty good. Not game of the year or anything like that, but it is a good game, or atleast people seem to be really enjoying it. Either that or everyone is lying.

Requem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Requem
Member since 2005 • 539 Posts

The thing is, as like it was with Wii, this tablet is a new kind of interaction which means there is not a fleshed out conventional standard for games to be merited and be scored thus reviews will be even more personal than usual. Everybody knows that everyone responds differently to a game (to any medium in fact) that is why it is always advised to take the reviews with a grain of salt and with these new toys presenting unique ways of interaction with the medium, it is even truer.

Going back to Wii, Red Steel was a game I enjoyed endlessly. It's unique art style and it being my first experience as a fps with wiimote controls, I was amazed by the game and spent countless times playing it. In the end it scored generally low at the field because the game really had flaws. Still though it was very enjoyable for me.

In short, skip the reviews and stick to let's plays, that helped me more in deciding what game to buy before.

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts
The game has one major problem, and it's inescapable whether you like the game or not. The melee just flat out sucks. It's not that I mind countlessing caving in the skulls of deadites with a cricket bat, but it's just so not fun doing it. For instance, why do some zombie take four while others take eight swings? I once killed one in one swing. Why can't I do that more often? Why can't I have control over my swings? They're inconsistent. Some will swing right away, while others hold the bat over their head far too long, making it too hard to time your attacks when you're up close. When I try to kill my previous survivor to get my loot back, I don't even attempt it with the bat anymore. The game has some major problems that you just can't shrug off.JustPlainLucas
More reason to include wii motion plus. The game pad doesn't add anything that couldn't be done on the tv, but is a worse controller for aiming and melee.
ChAlDo205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 ChAlDo205
Member since 2005 • 293 Posts

[QUOTE="yellonet"]

[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"] Go ahead and talk in circles now like you always do when people respond to your flamebait posts, hijacking threads. You're putting him down for enjoying something that you think is "garbage". Usually when you say someone enjoys garbage that is an insult and implies that you don't think they're intelligent enough or capable enough of understanding why the thing they enjoy is bad and that they couldn't possibly enjoy things "above" their level of intellect. Why can't he enjoy the game? If you bought it, rented it, played it and didn't like it than go right ahead and say what was so bad about your experience with it. But if you haven't even touched that game then you just come across like a bully. Why do you have to tell him that he enjoys garbage? What would you gain from it? I can understand "Oh man I hated the game waste of $60!" but not "You like garbage".bonesawisready5

My post does come off a little bit angry. I'm not really bothered by him just annoyed. There are people trying to have real interactions about games in threads he goes into just to derail them and it's irritating.

This guy has been on Gamespot for as long as I can remember and he's getting so annoying as of late that I seriously don't understand why Gamespot hasn't kicked him out of here yet.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#23 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

[QUOTE="IMAHAPYHIPPO"]

Jaysonguy

You like garbage

One man's trash is another man's treasure. To each his own.

eyesofnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 eyesofnight
Member since 2003 • 135 Posts

i had it preorderd but i still didn't get it.. not because of the reviews but becuz i was disappointed that there wasn't any online multiplayer modes except for that lame king of the zombie thing. it just looked like it would get repetitive & lack replay value. the only reason i preordered it in the first place was because i was drunk when i walked into gamestop & they always try to get u to preorder something

sum_guy09

LOLOL

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

Jasonguy continues to be a Nintendo hater/troll and you guys continue to feed him...sigh...

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#26 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

Jasonguy continues to be a Nintendo hater/troll and you guys continue to feed him...sigh...

Master_Of_Fools
Feed him or not, he's going to be around He was awesome in 2008, but in 2010 he became a complete prick. Still not the worst troll the wii forum has ever had, but he is as of right now. Now, that pisses him off knowing he's still not quite at #1 of all time in that category. Maybe the top 3, mabye, but not #1.
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 bonesawisready5

[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"][QUOTE="yellonet"]No use getting all riled up over Jaysonguy. He's not worth it.

ChAlDo205

This guy has been on Gamespot for as long as I can remember and he's getting so annoying as of late that I seriously don't understand why Gamespot hasn't kicked him out of here yet.

Because GameSpot doesn't have as intense rules for posting as other sites. I can't imagine him surviving a day on NeoGAF unless he toned it down.
CaptMapleSyrup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 CaptMapleSyrup
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Yeah, this game looks awesome. Along with Arkham, this may be the breaking point for me to get a WiiU this Xmas. There were only like 2 decent zombie games for Wii, so I'm glad that one of WiiU's first game is one.
Cesar_Barba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Cesar_Barba
Member since 2003 • 3665 Posts

[QUOTE="JustPlainLucas"]The game has one major problem, and it's inescapable whether you like the game or not. The melee just flat out sucks. It's not that I mind countlessing caving in the skulls of deadites with a cricket bat, but it's just so not fun doing it. For instance, why do some zombie take four while others take eight swings? I once killed one in one swing. Why can't I do that more often? Why can't I have control over my swings? They're inconsistent. Some will swing right away, while others hold the bat over their head far too long, making it too hard to time your attacks when you're up close. When I try to kill my previous survivor to get my loot back, I don't even attempt it with the bat anymore. The game has some major problems that you just can't shrug off.goblaa
More reason to include wii motion plus. The game pad doesn't add anything that couldn't be done on the tv, but is a worse controller for aiming and melee.

Sounds like maybe an update would fix that. I might hold off on playing it for the time being, maybe if Ubisoft gets enough feedback on this problem, it might be patched up. I bought the game, but have yet to play it since I am already in the middle of New Super Mario Bros. U and Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge.

Gesyma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Gesyma
Member since 2003 • 1082 Posts

Overall I'm having a blast with the game as well...

The few shortcomings that could be easily fixed via patch in my opinion are:

1. Slow down the zombies... they move as fast as your character and unbalance the gameplay because you don't have time to actually prepare for anything and often times are forced to switch back to your...

2. Cricket bat... this is the only melee weapon... hey UBISOFT patch in new ones! Easy fix there.

3. (minor issue) all zombies die the same way the head completely flies of the shoulders and disappears. Pretty cool at first but after a while it starts to become apparent that it lacks variety... again minor gripe not really an issue but worth mentioning for those interested.

Those things said this is a great game and I'm having a blast playing it.

Things that experienced gamers would appreciate about the control scheme that reviewers don't mention:

1. You can open and close your backpack by pressing the select (-) button, and you can move away from any looting screen by pressing away on the analog stick you don't always have to click or swipe the gamepad (sounds minor but definitely helps it not feel like your playing an iphone game where every action has to be touched)

2. when you're scanning you can use the analog stick so you don't have to move your arms around your actual room (although I'll be honest that is a freaking awesome feeling to actually spin 360° and have it register but some people may not like doing it everytime...)

3. The controlls can be tightened by upping the sensetivity (85% for me feels great.)

mrmoeone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mrmoeone
Member since 2006 • 524 Posts

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="IMAHAPYHIPPO"]

YearoftheSnake5

You like garbage

One man's trash is another man's treasure. To each his own.

This^...I am loving this game so far the combat might be a little rough around the edges but if you are a survival horror fan I'm pretty sure you will enjoy this game :)