Fire Emblem - Awakening [Trailer + Gameplay]

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ZIVX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 ZIVX
Member since 2008 • 2981 Posts

I haven't seen this posted around here so here's the trailer to the 3DS' Fire Emblem: Awakening and it looks great :D

Trailer and Gameplay

Extra Gameplay Footage

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

I love Fire Emblem so much. I can't wait for this!

Those character designs sure are different. It looks like it's going to have a map system (along with optional battles, I assume) like Sacred Stones.

ZIVX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ZIVX

This game looks a lot different than any of the past titles but I'm welcome to change...as long as it retains the challenging difficulty than I'm all for it :)

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

Yeah, it's different, but pretty good. :)

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#5 GamerForca
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts
Looks great, can't wait. Been waiting for another Fire Emblem for quite some time.
F0urTwenty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 F0urTwenty
Member since 2010 • 1842 Posts
Gaaahhh I can't wait for this, I love the Fire Emblem series and the battle scenes look great this time around. Also ZIVX loving the sig, Nujabes is the man and love sic03 is a sick song!
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#7 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

I recently got re-introduced to the world of Fire Emblem with the GBA sequel, Sacred Stones. I have to say after playing a bit of that game, I'm really excited for a new Fire Emblem.

I missed out on the DS game, Shadow Dragon, though I've heard from other's that it's not particularly good when compared to other titles in the series.

Euaggelistes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Euaggelistes
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

I have never played a Fire Emblem game before but this one looks fantastic? How does it look different from previous games? This one looks like a game I used to love called Vandal Hearts. Were the other ones not like this?

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

I have never played a Fire Emblem game before but this one looks fantastic? How does it look different from previous games? This one looks like a game I used to love called Vandal Hearts. Were the other ones not like this?

Euaggelistes

I've played a few Fire Emblem games (not the Wii one though). The only difference I see is the 3D animation in the battle sequences (unless Radiant Dawn had it on the Wii).

The game looks very cool, and I've always liked the 2D animations on previous installments, and it also looks very nice in 3D.

GoldenEnsiform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GoldenEnsiform
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

Come to America. Please.

LaytonsCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LaytonsCat
Member since 2010 • 3652 Posts

It looks like fun, except I can't help but notice that the board itself looks rather bad

Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#12 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts

Looking really good. I'm curious as to how the dual attacks work though, and what between-chapter stuff there will be.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Thanks ZIVX, the battle animations are AWESOME! :D

josephl64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 josephl64
Member since 2008 • 4424 Posts

i am pre-ordering it ~

ZIVX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ZIVX

I've updated the original post with a short video from the Nintendo Direct Conference

Gaaahhh I can't wait for this, I love the Fire Emblem series and the battle scenes look great this time around. Also ZIVX loving the sig, Nujabes is the man and love sic03 is a sick song!F0urTwenty
thanks he's one of my favorite artists, just trying to spread the love ^_^

Yoweeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#16 Yoweeh
Member since 2008 • 3025 Posts

I will honestly be happy with anything else they do with this game as long as I get my supports back.

gwarlito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 gwarlito
Member since 2005 • 1761 Posts

Looks good, another game that might make me purchase a 3DS

KnightSkull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 KnightSkull
Member since 2011 • 1481 Posts

The only Fire Emblem game I've played is Sacred Stones (and that only because of the Ambassador program) even though I've been intrested in the series for years I just never got round to picking up any of the games. That is all going to change with this one though, not even a Pegasus Knight will be able to stop me from getting it :P

NJGIANTSNY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 NJGIANTSNY
Member since 2011 • 291 Posts

didn't really see anything great

first thought that came to mind was chess anyone ?

will wait until they start speaking english first:lol:

rapidshot20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 rapidshot20
Member since 2008 • 160 Posts

can't wait fire emblem is m favorite strategy game.

rapidshot20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 rapidshot20
Member since 2008 • 160 Posts

can't wait fire emblem is m favorite strategy game.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

Thank god I was introduced to this awesome franchise. I'm buying this day 1.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#23 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34713 Posts

I recently got re-introduced to the world of Fire Emblem with the GBA sequel, Sacred Stones. I have to say after playing a bit of that game, I'm really excited for a new Fire Emblem.

I missed out on the DS game, Shadow Dragon, though I've heard from other's that it's not particularly good when compared to other titles in the series.

Haziqonfire

Shadow Dragon was an OK game, but it's uglier (yeah, I was shocked) and worse than the GBA games. I think it's a remake of the first FE or something. Anyway, you didn't miss much.

This is one of my most anticipated 3DS titles. Heck, maybe one of my most anticipated titles. Why do Nintendo torment us by not confirming a release outside Japan? :( I can't make myself happy thinking about the existence of the game if I don't know if I'll even be able to play the damn thing.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts

Come to America. Please.

GoldenEnsiform
This x1000 Can't Wait...seriously  I love them bringing back the world map (and hopefully being able to 'level' all characters to make the best end team a la sacred stones). I also liked the poison effects on the enemy weapons...though I turn battles animations off after the first couple levels anyways
raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#25 raahsnavj
Member since 2005 • 4895 Posts

Euaggelistes
It looks about the same as the console FE's from my perspective (Both Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn had this same look and feel). Hopefully the animation sequences can be turned off for speed of play and such. On the console turning them off still forced you to watch animations on the main map which did little to improve the speed to feel like the hand-helds.

Looking really good. I'm curious as to how the dual attacks work though, and what between-chapter stuff there will be.

nintendofreak_2
I'm trying to figure out how the dual attacks would be beneficial at all... Seeming in previous FE's you could always attack with all your people before the AI got a chance I see little reason in these other than possibly over-committing your army. Example from the video: What if the first person critical'ed the enemy? The committed magic user is now wasted. I would rather fight with the first and if I needed the second follow-up with it. Also because of FE's leveling systems it didn't make much sense to quick kill anyone anyhow as then someone was left out of getting XP. My own thoughts: I like the free roam aspects that it appears to have, like Sacred Stones. I would like to see if they possibly made the game have better equipment and party management aspects. But I bet they didn't change much at all in the end - Which is ok I suppose I eat this type of game up.
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 nintendofreak_2

[QUOTE="nintendofreak_2"]

raahsnavj

I'm trying to figure out how the dual attacks would be beneficial at all... Seeming in previous FE's you could always attack with all your people before the AI got a chance I see little reason in these other than possibly over-committing your army. Example from the video: What if the first person critical'ed the enemy? The committed magic user is now wasted. I would rather fight with the first and if I needed the second follow-up with it. Also because of FE's leveling systems it didn't make much sense to quick kill anyone anyhow as then someone was left out of getting XP.

That's what I was thinking too. My guess is that if multiple enemies are in range of one of your characters, then that character can dual attack multiple times as long as there are other characters to attack the enemies with.

Also, with dual attacks you can increase your odds of not taking any damage from counter attacks yourself, so there are benefits as well. I can see this being a huge boon for magic-wielding bosses and things like that.

rain_ishigawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 rain_ishigawa
Member since 2008 • 286 Posts

with Fire Emblem in I almost forgot Nintendo is having second thoughts in translating Ace Attorney x PL ... but still since they got convinced with xenoblade then there is still hope

King9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#28 King9999
Member since 2002 • 11837 Posts

About the dual attack thing, the second unit probably doesn't use up their own turn, or if they took their turn already, they can still act in a dual attack. That alone would justify the system.

raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 raahsnavj

About the dual attack thing, the second unit probably doesn't use up their own turn, or if they took their turn already, they can still act in a dual attack. That alone would justify the system.

King9999
I disagree based on the information I already posted. But maybe NintendoFreek_2 has the right idea. Maybe you can dual attack repeatedly with the same character. Even then I guess they are removing the weapons in the game that allow you to dual attack before you get a counter attack? Either that or those weapons just won't hold their same power anymore. ---- Regardless, I'm just hoping this doesn't get ported to the US... otherwise I'm going to have to buy a 3DS :P
Yoweeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Yoweeh

[QUOTE="raahsnavj"][QUOTE="nintendofreak_2"]

nintendofreak_2

I'm trying to figure out how the dual attacks would be beneficial at all... Seeming in previous FE's you could always attack with all your people before the AI got a chance I see little reason in these other than possibly over-committing your army. Example from the video: What if the first person critical'ed the enemy? The committed magic user is now wasted. I would rather fight with the first and if I needed the second follow-up with it. Also because of FE's leveling systems it didn't make much sense to quick kill anyone anyhow as then someone was left out of getting XP.

That's what I was thinking too. My guess is that if multiple enemies are in range of one of your characters, then that character can dual attack multiple times as long as there are other characters to attack the enemies with.

Also, with dual attacks you can increase your odds of not taking any damage from counter attacks yourself, so there are benefits as well. I can see this being a huge boon for magic-wielding bosses and things like that.

its probably how the new supports work and i doubt it uses up the second unit's turn.

im hoping that they make the game a lot harder if they're going to have dual attacks and a explorable map. the map in fe8 allowed grinding, making it easier.

we also need maniac mode eeee

raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 raahsnavj
@Yoweeh Well, with the gameplay video that the TC posted you can see that you move the back-up unit first, then move in the second unit that actually attacks. Then it finally does the dual attack. They, the Fire Emblem series, have done similar things in the past, such as the Pegasus Triangle and such... I never used it though because it was so useless - you had to commit 3 people to the attack just to hit once really hard with the chances that most get killed with 2 units at the most anyhow.
Yoweeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Yoweeh

@Yoweeh Well, with the gameplay video that the TC posted you can see that you move the back-up unit first, then move in the second unit that actually attacks. Then it finally does the dual attack. They, the Fire Emblem series, have done similar things in the past, such as the Pegasus Triangle and such... I never used it though because it was so useless - you had to commit 3 people to the attack just to hit once really hard with the chances that most get killed with 2 units at the most anyhow.raahsnavj

That may just be for quick demostration so that a person can see that the second unti needs to be adjacent.

It would be useful for bosses.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

This game looks amazing. Instabuy for me.

AzureDrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 AzureDrive
Member since 2011 • 56 Posts
Looks great, can't wait.
josephl64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 josephl64

i can't stop thinking about it every now and then...

also to the person above me, nice Neptune ava :)

BigBen11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BigBen11111
Member since 2003 • 1529 Posts

The gameplay looks great, I can't wait til it gets overseas.

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

I hope we see a overseas release.

nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 nintendofreak_2

Here's a new trailer that shows something interesting regarding dual attacks. It seems like dual attacks give statistical performance increases I assume in hit rate, avoidance, crit rate, and maybe luck considering the trailer shows +10, which is too much for other normal stat. This is making me think that dual attacks are linked heavily with a support system.

Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

I love Fire Emblem so much. I can't wait for this!

Those character designs sure are different. It looks like it's going to have a map system (along with optional battles, I assume) like Sacred Stones.

Pixel-Perfect

It looks pretty good though.

Hey,wouldn't it be awesome if Madhouse made a FE anime?

josephl64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 josephl64

There has already been an OVA of Fire Emblem but it was horrible...if anybody is gonna do it right then it has to be Kyoto Animation/Key

Yoweeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Yoweeh

Or just no one ever again ahaha

the anime was so bad

Alos, I think I hear the reailer mention that it's taking some elements from Seisen no keifuu? I think, considering the timing, he was talking about skills (which were also in like, all games besides after Keifuu but before the remakes and the GBA ones so what do). I was hoping when i heard that that we was talking about character pairings/breeding (lol) and a second generation half of the game but wah.

Yes, I also bel;eive dual attacks are support-only. It woyuld be very unbalanced if it was for just any character. Also, I think is maybe the support unit is within 3 spaces (support rules hurr) the dual attack initates. But this is just me guessing, since it has never been showed.

Also if no one else noticed, the character portraits show emotion now yay

In this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKkIrAm3dsA&feature=related), we see just gameplay, which I haven't seen before.

Also, how do you do links now? It seems top be broken but I still see people posting links?

homegirl2180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 homegirl2180
Member since 2004 • 7161 Posts

Haziqonfire
I've played three FEs, and I'd say that the one you're liking is my least favourite of the three (though I did enjoy it!!). So you should have a lot of reason to be excited! :P That said, I'm excited by some of the changes I'm seeing in the gameplay. The series probably could do with some bolder ideas. I'm very excited; next to Paper Mario, this is my most anticipated 3DS game. Intelligent Systems tends to never fail.
josephl64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 josephl64

Or just no one ever again ahaha

the anime was so bad

Alos, I think I hear the reailer mention that it's taking some elements from Seisen no keifuu? I think, considering the timing, he was talking about skills (which were also in like, all games besides after Keifuu but before the remakes and the GBA ones so what do). I was hoping when i heard that that we was talking about character pairings/breeding (lol) and a second generation half of the game but wah.

Yes, I also bel;eive dual attacks are support-only. It woyuld be very unbalanced if it was for just any character. Also, I think is maybe the support unit is within 3 spaces (support rules hurr) the dual attack initates. But this is just me guessing, since it has never been showed.

Also if no one else noticed, the character portraits show emotion now yay

In this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKkIrAm3dsA&feature=related), we see just gameplay, which I haven't seen before.

Also, how do you do links now? It seems top be broken but I still see people posting links?

Yoweeh

link always worked for me http://youtu.be/AB94K-Y-Xy0

josephl64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 josephl64

anyways if it's just youtube videos you make have to click the share button and copy that url

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]

homegirl2180

I've played three FEs, and I'd say that the one you're liking is my least favourite of the three (though I did enjoy it!!). So you should have a lot of reason to be excited! :P

That said, I'm excited by some of the changes I'm seeing in the gameplay. The series probably could do with some bolder ideas. I'm very excited; next to Paper Mario, this is my most anticipated 3DS game. Intelligent Systems tends to never fail.

I've played every single one...but maybe you dislike it because it was the first game in the series? It's also unbalanced in the beginning as they didn't have the weapons triangle back then but put it in for the remake whilst not changing the weapons up

homegirl2180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 homegirl2180
Member since 2004 • 7161 Posts

anyways if it's just youtube videos you make have to click the share button and copy that url

[QUOTE="homegirl2180"][QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]

josephl64

I've played three FEs, and I'd say that the one you're liking is my least favourite of the three (though I did enjoy it!!). So you should have a lot of reason to be excited! :P

That said, I'm excited by some of the changes I'm seeing in the gameplay. The series probably could do with some bolder ideas. I'm very excited; next to Paper Mario, this is my most anticipated 3DS game. Intelligent Systems tends to never fail.

I've played every single one...but maybe you dislike it because it was the first game in the series? It's also unbalanced in the beginning as they didn't have the weapons triangle back then but put it in for the remake whilst not changing the weapons up

I was referring to Sacred Stones, which he said is making him excited for future FE games. He hasn't played SD and neither have I. I've played FE (GBA aka Sword of Flame), Sacred Stones, and Path of Radiance. I meant that Sacred Stones was my least favourite of those three.

Yoweeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Yoweeh

[QUOTE="josephl64"]

[QUOTE="homegirl2180"]

That said, I'm excited by some of the changes I'm seeing in the gameplay. The series probably could do with some bolder ideas. I'm very excited; next to Paper Mario, this is my most anticipated 3DS game. Intelligent Systems tends to never fail.homegirl2180

I was referring to Sacred Stones, which he said is making him excited for future FE games. He hasn't played SD and neither have I. I've played FE (GBA aka Sword of Flame), Sacred Stones, and Path of Radiance. I meant that Sacred Stones was my least favourite of those three.

Sacred Stones or Sword of Flames were my favorites because supports

I think you need to replay Sacred Stones or play Shadow Dragon. And why no Radiant Dawn? You should them too.

hell, just play them all.

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#47 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

Nintendo, please send this game to North America!!!

josephl64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 josephl64

[QUOTE="homegirl2180"]

[QUOTE="josephl64"]

Yoweeh

I think you need to replay Sacred Stones or play Shadow Dragon. And why no Radiant Dawn? You should them too.

agreed but i found it strange because Sacred Stones was one of my faves...of course it's no Fire Emblem: Flaming Sword or Radiant Dawn, but it's still better than the first one
Yoweeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Yoweeh

[QUOTE="Yoweeh"]

[QUOTE="homegirl2180"] I was referring to Sacred Stones, which he said is making him excited for future FE games. He hasn't played SD and neither have I. I've played FE (GBA aka Sword of Flame), Sacred Stones, and Path of Radiance. I meant that Sacred Stones was my least favourite of those three.

josephl64

agreed but i found it strange because Sacred Stones was one of my faves...of course it's no Fire Emblem: Flaming Sword or Radiant Dawn, but it's still better than the first three

editted

Also, I would say the first 5, maybe 6 were really unbalanced and just not that fun to play. 4 had an amzaing storyline and 5 had askldnjaskld difficulty (mostly because it was so unbalanced). But really, only the ones that hav been localized minus SD are owrth while (and maybe 4.)

terafumos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 terafumos
Member since 2004 • 405 Posts
This series is too bad-ass for me, honestly. I'm a wimp.