FINALLY!!! Tetris Attack coming to the DS!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

Well, actually it's called "Panel De Pon" in Japan. But it's basically Tetris Attack. It will have Wi-Fi, and a Japanese 4/26 release. Anyway, here's the news from IGN: Link: http://ds.ign.com/articles/766/766274p1.html

Nintendo better localize this to the U.S., or else I will sell my DS and buy more PSP games (just kidding, but I'll be ticked for sure).

Kitsune1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Kitsune1
Member since 2004 • 2419 Posts

Well, actually it's called "Panel De Pon" in Japan. But it's basically Tetris Attack. It will have Wi-Fi, and a Japanese 4/26 release. Anyway, here's the news from IGN: Link: http://ds.ign.com/articles/766/766274p1.html

Nintendo better localize this to the U.S., or else I will sell my DS and buy more PSP games (just kidding, but I'll be ticked for sure).

ASK_Story

Don't get sacrificial, You can always import it if they never gonna bring it stateside

bxgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 bxgt
Member since 2006 • 3035 Posts
omfg, this makes me so happy. i used to make it freeze on the snes all the time
MavsFan2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MavsFan2007
Member since 2006 • 1697 Posts
tetris is the most addicting game of all time.
bowling-name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bowling-name
Member since 2007 • 168 Posts
WiFi Tetris Attack battles? There goes my social life...:roll:
Mop_it_up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Mop_it_up
Member since 2005 • 2412 Posts
This is great news, that's one of the best puzzle concepts ever.
brujagio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 brujagio
Member since 2004 • 1372 Posts
Tetris Attack is my favorite puzzle game, besides Zuma that is, can't wait till the DS version comes out :D 
Platyphyllum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#8 Platyphyllum
Member since 2005 • 8105 Posts
Sorry if this might sound weird but, can someone explain to me the difference between Tetris DS and Tetris Attack? I haven't played them yet.
bowling-name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bowling-name
Tetris Attack was a Super Nintendo game based on a puzzle game called Panel de Pon (which first appeared for the Super Famicon system). The multiplayer vs. mode can get very intense and is highly addictive. It really isn't all that much like Tetris. For screenshots, description of the gameplay, history, open-source Java versions of the game etc go here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetris_Attack

On the other hand, Tetris DS from what I understand, is still largely based on the familiar original version of Tetris (although there are some changes like that you can keep a piece rotating constantly even after it lands).
Avatar image for psychojakrabbit
psychojakrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 psychojakrabbit
Member since 2006 • 2194 Posts
Who could have imagined that such a simple game would still be just as appealing today as it was so many years ago. I remember playing it on the first Gameboy. *reflects on the past*
bowling-name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bowling-name

Nintendo better localize this to the U.S., or else I will sell my DS and buy more PSP games (just kidding, but I'll be ticked for sure).

ASK_Story
Sorry to monopolize this thread, but I just wanted to point out there is an English version of Panel De Pon that was released with the GBA cart Dr. Mario and Puzzle League
zcds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 161

#12 zcds
Member since 2005 • 1984 Posts
tetris attack online? im never gonna put my ds down again. I loved it on the gbc when it was called pok'e mon puzzel challenge and im gonna get this.  can't waite. 
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts
[QUOTE="ASK_Story"]

Nintendo better localize this to the U.S., or else I will sell my DS and buy more PSP games (just kidding, but I'll be ticked for sure).

bowling-name

Sorry to monopolize this thread, but I just wanted to point out there is an English version of Panel De Pon that was released with the GBA cart Dr. Mario and Puzzle League

That version bites. I'm very sorely dissappointed at Nintendo for bringing out such a half-baked product like they did with that whereas, Japan got the good versions for Gamecube. The GBA version is actually the free download vers. for the Gamecube. That's why it doesn't feel like a complete game. And the game is still priced at $29.99 too. It's a shame.

Anyway, I'll keep awaiting for the DS versions thank you. But Nintendo better make this one with top-quality production values like Tetris DS.

yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts

Tetris Attack was/is the best puzzle game ever. To this day no other puzzle game comes close to it, and I'm glad to see it coming. I can't wait for this game to come to VC, however... this DS version would be great. If Panel De Pon comes to states with Wi-Fi, I'll for sure lose my life... :P I've been dreaming for this my whole life...

yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts

Sorry if this might sound weird but, can someone explain to me the difference between Tetris DS and Tetris Attack? I haven't played them yet.Platyphyllum
Tetris Attack is a puzzle game that is different from Tetris or in your case Tetris DS.

In Tetris DS, pieces fall from the sky, in Tetris Attack or Panel De Pon, blocks rise from the ground. You have to align at least three pieces of the same color to disappear the blocks and prevent them from reaching the top. (Think Meteos, but TA came first...) Also you can create combos and chains, such as... a 4 block or 6 block combo is when you have four blocks connected at the same time or six blocks of the same color at the same time. A chain is how the pros play, well they actually change it up (because chains and combos mixed up cause tons of havoc.

Basically a chain is when you can cause blocks to form combos the moment after you create a combo. However they must be blocks that fall onto other blocks, you can't go create another combo afar from the starter combo. A combo has to have blocks fall, and the blocks that fall have to fall onto blocks of the same color.

John926

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 John926
Member since 2004 • 86 Posts
So is Tetris Attack more fun than Tetris DS? I lost my copy of Tetris DS during summer last year :( And I've yet to rebuy another copy...
MavsFan2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MavsFan2007
Member since 2006 • 1697 Posts
So is Tetris Attack more fun than Tetris DS? I lost my copy of Tetris DS during summer last year :( And I've yet to rebuy another copy...John926
tetris attack, in my own opinion, is the MOST addicting game....EVER. i have played tetris ds and it was not even close to being more addictive and fun than tetris attack.
Avatar image for littlestreakier
littlestreakier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 littlestreakier
Member since 2004 • 2950 Posts
alright it's settled, i'm getting tetris attack when it comes out on ds
MikelBakaBaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 MikelBakaBaka
Member since 2003 • 1825 Posts
YES YES YES

I hope it isn't just a "shell" like the GBA version. I want the fairies.
Aforementioned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Aforementioned
Member since 2005 • 346 Posts
Yeah!  I love this game.  Too bad I had to play it in Pokemon form for a while.  (As much as I like Pokemon, it will get annoying after the 100th "Pika!")