Features you want in next System Update, new applications too

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts
What do you guys want to see in the next 3DS system update? Next major one anyway (which I assume could be Summer) I'd like to see: -The music playback to be much louder than it currently is in the Sound application -Swapnote to become one of the apps you can multi-task in the top row. -Full DS retail games on the eShop for $15 to $25. Why buy an 8 year old copy of Super Mario 64 DS for $30 at stores when you can give Nintendo $20 for it through the eShop? Applications I want to see make it out on the 3DS are: -Kindle App. Makes sense, hold it like a book and voila! -YouTube 3D App. Doesn't even need to be explained. -Skype. I doubt it but it would be very cool to video call friends with a 3DS. What do you want to see?
logicalfrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 96

#2 logicalfrank
Member since 2011 • 1686 Posts

Full DS retail games on the eShop for $15 to $25. Why buy an 8 year old copy of Super Mario 64 DS for $30 at stores when you can give Nintendo $20 for it bonesawisready5

This and expanded virtual console support. I'd especially like to see some SNES games.

yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts

I have a few I'd like to see come some time down the road.

In terms of social like apps like Swapnote, I'd love to see another free app that allows us to video chat with our friends. 3D video sharing or real-time video chatting (that front facing camera begs for this) would be wonderful! It just seems like it should be the next big release and should come soon.

A real in-game messaging system. I want to be able to communicate with my friends without closing an app, just being able to send simple messages like "Hey, let's play Mario Kart!" or something of that sort.

Improvements on Swapnotes: Being able to send longer than 5 second sound clips, having the ability to reply to messages you send or send more than one reply, and more stationary designs!

Youtube/Facebook/Twitter apps. These should be coming soon and next I feel. I'd like to upload some of my photos to facebook, but now facebook mobile's site does not support it anymore. This is lame. The DSi let you upload pictures from the system, why isn't this basic function at least allowed? Also make it useable for Twitter too. As for Youtube, viewing and uploading videos should be allowed too. We already can record 10 minute clips, but we can't upload them? Also it would be great if this can be done via background while in sleep mode too, or at least have the option to do so.

I feel like it would be great if we could at least put up 3D videos on our system, I very much would like to see either a Nintendo application that joins the likes of Netflix or Hulu and let's us view 3D movies, because these applications don't offer that right now as neither service allows it. It makes me sad, and wish there was just this feature some day.

A better way to organize the HOME menu is also something I'd love to see. I have about 40 icons on my HOME folder. From various games bought at the eShop to the ones that come packaged, I want some way to organize my games into folders or something. It would be nice if I can make a VC folder, or GBA games folder, or Action games folder to store my content in.

Improvements on the Web Browser would be nice. Update it to HMTL 5 maybe, that would be great, as most mobile devices use this and the 3DS could use it as well.

That's about all I'd want right now or things I think would help improve the experience of the system a little more.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
Real time chat and party system.
NeoStar9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NeoStar9
Member since 2003 • 1761 Posts
Youtube app or HTML 5 support for the web browser so youtube can be viewed. An actually instant messenger would be nice as well.
lloveLamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lloveLamp
Member since 2009 • 2891 Posts
expand the virtual console to include all major gameboy/DS games. when they do that im buying a 3ds.
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17820 Posts
improved swapnote. allow for more than 1 reply per person for each letter. also improve the UI. integrate it into the firmware so it can run at the same time as a game also (or maybe have a lite version if the full version cant run at the same time. increase the number of coins a person can earn per day. there are now quite a few coin sinks on the system so it should be much more than 10 a day (infinite would be nice :D). has anyone experienced the system locking up from time to time when coming out of standby? mine basically crashes from time to time. i dont know if its hardware or firmware though. anywho if it is firmware then fix it. provide a higher power/higher clock mode for developers. the system doesnt even get warm when playing games so there is probably quite a bit of room for upping the CPU and GPU clock speed. it will smack the battery a bit but not much (the screens suck down most of the juice). either a youtube app (ideally integrated into the firmware and can run at the same time as a game...though that would be a big ask) or flash/HTML5 support added to the browser (again may need the browser to run on its own. videos eat ram). expand on face raiders and the augmented reality stuff (more opportunity for play coin sinks also). a diary application with improved alarm functionality (as i remember it the 3DS does not have an alarm as standard.).
xxxxRemmyxxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 xxxxRemmyxxxx
Member since 2012 • 37 Posts

A more organized and expanded browse system. There current one pretty much sucks. Most of the games I've got came from searching for them. The games they have on the front page are pretty much the same ones they've had since the 3ds came out with the exeption of a few new ones.

Shawcross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Shawcross
Member since 2007 • 1277 Posts

Want a Google+ app which would fall under other social apps I guess like Facebook. I can use it on my phone if needed but I like to use my 3DS at night instead of my laptop to watch netflix. So being able to use G+ as well would be nice.

FPS1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10 FPS1337
Member since 2009 • 2519 Posts
I completely agree, and I think all of these Nintendo is interested in. They talked about bringing Kindle to Wii-U and 3DS since they both seem like natural products to support it. The Youtube 3D app is needed and would be great for the 3DS, and Skype would be a great way to make use of the front facing camera. 3DS sound does need to get a bit louder, that is really my only complaint about the sound application, and I'm sure it's easy to fix because game volume and OS volume are loud. It's not the speakers it's just the app. Full DS retail, I'm not sure, since a main feature in the 3DS is the fact that it's backward compatible this might make that feature useless, like maybe in the future in a few years when DS games become hard to find. It's a good idea, and Nintendo said they plan to sell full retail games, but I would say wait a year or so. Some other things I would like to see on top of these things: Invite system,:the ability to invite friends to your game when they are in the home screen or playing a different game, although if Swapnote is multitaskable then this shouldn't be a problem. Swapnote improvements: Not too much I actually like the app, but I would like so it's more of a conversation app, so if someone messages me we can have a conversation say like Blackberry's BBM, but not completely. Social apps: I would like to see Facebook and Twitter apps come to the 3DS. Sure using the mobile sights aren't bad, but since the websites are so popular and I visit my Facebook and Twitter constantly, it would be nice to have and increase the use of my 3DS. 3D Retail Movies/3D Movie Player: Nintendo needs a video player, not just the camera app. I want to be able to put on and watch full 3D movies on my 3DS, this is one of the things 3D is great for. Also Nintendo we see so many trailers on Nintendo Video, we need 3D retail movies on the e-shop to download. Like the 3DS has a 3D screen, and you can expand the memory to up to 64GB SDHC cards, come on, that's perfect as a portable movie player. We need the ability to watch movie, Nintendo said this would be a main feature, yet we've seen nothing but trailers and shorts. More indie games: The ipod has so many of these, and the 3DS's 3D plus a touch screen which should create some amazing indie games. Like I imagine people will think of awesome ideas. Like this doesn't mean just take in random games, but I would like to see what the everyday person comes up with. More apps: The 3DS can do anything the Ipod touch can do in terms of apps. Lets see that. Like it's starting to develop with Netflix, that music editing app, Colours 3D, some alarm clock and note apps, but the 3DS can do so much more. How about an email app? or say like a stop watch, maybe like those I am t-pain apps. There's so many possibilities, like I don't care too much for these, but I know some people do, it's how the Ipod got popular, so they should come to the 3DS.
6h05tly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 6h05tly
Member since 2007 • 2199 Posts

An improved interface for the eShop. It's sort of an annoyance finding what you're looking for when most of the store's navigation is sideways-specific.