Everyone's Pokemans Ranch Is Here, Fun FAQ's Inside Pardner

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

In this game you cannot catch or train Pokemon, teach Pokemon moves, battle with Pokemon, or trade Pokemon with friends.

You can withdraw Pokemon you deposited back to the same card. If you deposit Pokemon and then start a new game, you cannot withdraw back to the game card.

Hayley is the ranch owner

You get to import 5 Mii's the first day. You also have two new Miis added to your list, Chantel and some C boy name I forgot to remember it (or did I never remember in the first place? Odd)

She brings one Pokemon to the ranch every day

If you also have Pokemon Diamond or Pearl you can make them migrate to the ranch as well.

You start the game with 6 Pokemon the first day (as I just found out people get different Pokemon for their starting six, listed below are the ones I got)

• Pikachu : Mouse Pokemon (electric type)
  • Turtwig: Tiny Leaf Pokemon (grass type)
  • Lucario: Aura Pokemon (fight and steel type)
  • Staravia: Starling Pokemon (normal and flying type)
  • Magikarp: Fish Pokemon (water type)
  • Mudkip: Mud Fish Pokemon (water type)

Each day you'll get requests for new Pokemon and get advice on how to go about it

To get your Pokemon from the DS to the Wii just boot up the DS and you'll see the Wii option in the main menu. Then select what Mii will be the caretaker of that Pokemon.

You can deposit a total of 14 of them each day.

Contrary to popular belief you can swap Pokemon OFF and ONTO the ranch. It is not a Pokeprison, they can come and go as you please.

Once you drop off the Pokemons she'll ask you for more that are new. She'll tell you how many you've seen and how many you own. Then she'll show you a wanted poster of a few Pokemon that she wants you to get which you have 10 days to complete.

You can even have a little parade with your Pokemon where they all march behind your Mii and it tells you each one's name and level plus the day, area, and starting level you met them at.

You're able to take 20 pictures of the ranch at any time, you need to delete or move photos to take more once you reach the 20 mark. They can be posted to the message board and sent to other friends you have. They can also be saved to an SD card. If you run out of room the game automatically deletes the oldest pics but there's a save feature which you can mark certain photos to never be deleted.

When you leave the ranch Hayley asks you if you have a preference for the next Pokemon she brings and then after you pick the kind shows you a silhouette of the new Pokemon showing up the next day.

She also marks on the calendar when new additions will be made to the ranch. All users will get a new addition the next day they play.

Picklechugger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Picklechugger
Member since 2004 • 1465 Posts
Translation: "Why didn't Nintendo atleast be nice and release Pokemon Ranch with other WiiWare games to make this day less horrible?"
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Jaysonguy

I love this game

I already had my first parade, I fixed the fence of the ranch, and two of my Pokemon are becoming friends.

OH NO! my Geodude isn't getting along with anyone. He already bonked two of them on the head.

I'm gonna have to fix another fence soon lol

HoopsJunky1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 HoopsJunky1
Member since 2007 • 83 Posts
S-so its actually good!?!? IMPOSSIBLE!!!
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Jaysonguy

S-so its actually good!?!? IMPOSSIBLE!!!HoopsJunky1

Well I like it but I bet a lot of people will hate it.

It's like an ant farm, you toss everyone into the ranch and just watch it all play out.

Some of the Pokemon play with each other and give rides around the ranch, some of the Mii's just talk and play together, and then some just visit with Pokemon.

Like Once my Geodude bopped two guys on the head he went to do it to my Psyduck and ran off scared and hid for a while until one of my other Mii's went and got him and then played with him.

You don't have control over anything but the pictures and things, no movement.

Like Richard Simmons was just fixing a fence and now he's taking a break (it actually says that on the screen as he walks)

chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts
I have a feeling it will sell very well because it's Pokemon.
ECG_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ECG_24
Member since 2008 • 1653 Posts

[QUOTE="HoopsJunky1"]S-so its actually good!?!? IMPOSSIBLE!!!Jaysonguy

It's like an ant farm, you toss everyone into the ranch and just watch it all play out.

Some of the Pokemon play with each other and give rides around the ranch, some of the Mii's just talk and play together, and then some just visit with Pokemon.

Like Once my Geodude bopped two guys on the head he went to do it to my Psyduck and ran off scared and hid for a while until one of my other Mii's went and got him and then played with him.

Like Richard Simmons was just fixing a fence and now he's taking a break (it actually says that on the screen as he walks)

Eventually you will have control over the camera.

That gameplay looks very exciting... for a 5 year old.

Avatar image for orangeturtle472
OrangeTurtle472

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 OrangeTurtle472
Member since 2007 • 2636 Posts
Ughh... I wish I had 1000 wii points... Does anyone feel like giving a gift today?? :D
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jaysonguy
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="HoopsJunky1"]S-so its actually good!?!? IMPOSSIBLE!!!ECG_24

Eventually you will have control over the camera.

Yes it tells you that in the options, everything opens up the longer you play (well the more days you do actually)

I mean control as far as making my Mii fix a fence or dance with the Pokemon

They just made a totem pole! but they lost balance and it toppled over before I could snap a shot, dangit

ECG_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ECG_24
The sad thing is that the game is only 123 blocks. Nintendo could have made it better, visually at the very least.
Avatar image for orangeturtle472
OrangeTurtle472

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 OrangeTurtle472
Member since 2007 • 2636 Posts

The sad thing is that the game is only 123 blocks. Nintendo could have made it better, visually at the very least.ECG_24

The visuals make it look funny! :P and it's also hilarious how the huge pokemon like Dialaga and Palkia are no bigger than pikachu. And also how fish pokemon like magikarp move around on the ground! :P

WolfWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 WolfWatch
Member since 2007 • 882 Posts

I have a feeling it will sell very well because it's Pokemon. chris3116

Yep. The name sells.

AndYOU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#13 AndYOU
Member since 2005 • 6712 Posts
It sounds okay I guess. I might check it out
ImSwordMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ImSwordMan
Member since 2004 • 2273 Posts
I really wish there were demos for wii ware games.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Jaysonguy

The sad thing is that the game is only 123 blocks. Nintendo could have made it better, visually at the very least.ECG_24

That's not the look they were going for though

Everything has the Mii style to it, even the Pokemon.

TheLordMagnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TheLordMagnus
Member since 2006 • 3783 Posts
Further proof that Pokemon fans will buy anything.
johnnyv2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#17 johnnyv2003
Member since 2003 • 13762 Posts
so, you don't really "do" anything, but watch the pokemon??...i guess it sort of makes sense, because I really want to play Endless Ocean (just not pay $30 for it)...and all you do in that is swim around and discover marine wildlife
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Jaysonguy

so, you don't really "do" anything, but watch the pokemon??...i guess it sort of makes sense, because I really want to play Endless Ocean (just not pay $30 for it)...and all you do in that is swim around and discover marine wildlifejohnnyv2003

As you progress you'll get things to add to the ranch like toys and things. You can add them and then see everyone interact with them.

It's an ant farm, you put them into the environment and then watch how they live in it.

TheAcejoel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 98

#19 TheAcejoel99
Member since 2008 • 1059 Posts
Further proof that Pokemon fans will buy anything.TheLordMagnus
It's sad isn't it.
strieeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 strieeyes
Member since 2003 • 1397 Posts
I'm a bit confused. Can you transfer some of the Pokemon that Hayley gives you into you D&P? Also are there hard to get Pokemon that will be available? I reado somewhere that Mew might be available in this game. I'm on the fence about this game (get it?) and this might be the deciding factor for me...
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Jaysonguy

I'm a bit confused. Can you transfer some of the Pokemon that Hayley gives you into you D&P? Also are there hard to get Pokemon that will be available? I reado somewhere that Mew might be available in this game. I'm on the fence about this game (get it?) and this might be the deciding factor for me...strieeyes

I just went and tried that so I could answer

So far the answer is no, you can only import and export the Pokemon you personally own to the ranch.

I don't know if after a certain amount of time any of hers become available to the user.

strieeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 strieeyes
Member since 2003 • 1397 Posts
I was just reading on one of the other boards that you cannot export the ones that she gives you, but later on she will offer to trade you certain Pokemon, and those can be exported. I also read that Mew will be available after a certain amount of Pokemon are deposited. I think I may need to get this game... Now where did I put those points???
_BlueDuck_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 _BlueDuck_
Member since 2003 • 11986 Posts
Ugh, the only reason I was considering getting this game was to have a way to keep my Pokemon from Pearl even after starting a new game. Oh well.
judog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#24 judog1
Member since 2005 • 24657 Posts

I haven't gotten this yet, but I plan to, sometime...

But you know those 6 pokemon that the lady gives you to start out with, can you import those pokemon into diamond or pearl?

J_Ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 J_Ford
Member since 2003 • 2246 Posts

It's pretty neat. My ranch is already full for today I transfered 20 of my Pokemon from Pearl :P. If you just watch for a while and don't do anything the Pokemon make a totem pole, stand in a big circle and even attack eachother. My Glaceon keeps going around using Blizzard and freezing them, it's funny :D

m1k3m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#26 m1k3m
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts
I really want to buy this along with Dr. Mario and Lostwinds
lancea34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lancea34
Member since 2007 • 6912 Posts

S-so its actually good!?!? IMPOSSIBLE!!!HoopsJunky1

What can you expect from someone who hates Okami! :P

ECG_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ECG_24
What's ironic about this is the worst game on WiiWare will also be the best-selling one.
air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#29 air_wolf_cubed
Member since 2004 • 10233 Posts
it sounds like i can watch it on youtube nd have the same experience
gamerkid600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 gamerkid600
Member since 2008 • 435 Posts
I'm so mad I was hoping for Gyrostarr to come out today but instead we get this crap:cry:
Mike1978Smith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Mike1978Smith
Member since 2005 • 2012 Posts
Thanks for the post. I've never played any pokemon games, but I was open to the idea of trying one out for $10. After reading your post, I can safely say this doesn't sound like the game for me, let alone a good introduction to the Pokemon universe.
JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

it sounds like i can watch it on youtube nd have the same experienceair_wolf_cubed

lol

btw this game has all the 493 pokemon??

judog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#33 judog1
Member since 2005 • 24657 Posts

[QUOTE="air_wolf_cubed"]it sounds like i can watch it on youtube nd have the same experienceJuarN18

lol

btw this game has all the 493 pokemon??

If you import them yes, you can even earn certain legendary pokemon.
Avatar image for remmbermytitans
remmbermytitans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34 remmbermytitans
Member since 2005 • 7214 Posts
I don't know.... This game COULD be fun, but then again, I haven't played my Diamond in a while, but this WiiWare game could be the thing to bring me back.
GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#35 GamerBoy53
Member since 2008 • 2666 Posts
I really wish there were demos for wii ware games.ImSwordMan
See, this is why I wish that the Nintendo Channel would have Wii demos, not just DS ones.
dragonball3900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 dragonball3900
Member since 2005 • 8511 Posts

That actually sounds really good, I love watching ant farms.

I'll get it this weekend.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

I have a feeling it will sell very well because it's Pokemon. chris3116

Not starting a flame war but I find that ironic because GTA does too.

X-Remnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 X-Remnant
Member since 2008 • 781 Posts

Ugh, as I long time pokemon fan I think this game looks trajic. The art style is horrible, absolutely horrible. And Miis and pokemon were never meant to go together.

The only reason I would buy it is for the storage space, as my boxes are usually a mess.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Jaysonguy

That actually sounds really good, I love watching ant farms.

I'll get it this weekend.

dragonball3900

See?

Now here's someone going into it with the right mindset

alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#40 alexh_99
Member since 2007 • 5378 Posts

Ugh, the only reason I was considering getting this game was to have a way to keep my Pokemon from Pearl even after starting a new game. Oh well._BlueDuck_

So Jayson Guy can you put pokemon onto the ranch, restart the game (diamond/pearl) and transfer the, back from the ranch to your DS.

Not the ones Hayley (or whatever) gives you, i mean the ones that were originally yours

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="_BlueDuck_"]Ugh, the only reason I was considering getting this game was to have a way to keep my Pokemon from Pearl even after starting a new game. Oh well.alexh_99

So Jayson Guy can you put pokemon onto the ranch, restart the game (diamond/pearl) and transfer the, back from the ranch to your DS.

Not the ones Hayley (or whatever) gives you, i mean the ones that were originally yours

Do you mean restart the game like playing the game where you left off or do you mean restarting the game where you reset the data and start all over again?

DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts

[QUOTE="_BlueDuck_"]Ugh, the only reason I was considering getting this game was to have a way to keep my Pokemon from Pearl even after starting a new game. Oh well.alexh_99

I think those can only be transfered between your original file. Meaning, you cant use P.R. as a storage system and transfer to other pokemon games.

Picklechugger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Picklechugger
Member since 2004 • 1465 Posts
[QUOTE="alexh_99"]

[QUOTE="_BlueDuck_"]Ugh, the only reason I was considering getting this game was to have a way to keep my Pokemon from Pearl even after starting a new game. Oh well.DJSAV_101

I think those can only be transfered between your original file. Meaning, you cant use P.R. as a storage system and transfer to other pokemon games.

Yea, according to the very first post of this thread.... as in TC's post.... it states that you can only transfer them to and from one save file. This means once you restart your game, you can't get those pokemon back.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts
If you buy this because you like ant farms, why don't you get an ant farm instead? This "game" looks less interesting than... I don't know... bread.
romainsimoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 romainsimoni
Member since 2002 • 1955 Posts
Is it pointless to buy this game if you don't have any of the DS games?
Link9n17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Link9n17
Member since 2008 • 1491 Posts

Lucky! What I got as starters were Staraptor, Luminion, Turtwig, Quilava, Picachu and Parichirisu.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Jaysonguy

CONTAINS SECOND DAY INFORMATION, THOSE WHO DO NOT WANT IT SPOILED PLEASE SKIP

Second day progression

Your ranch will become bigger the second time you see it.

If you imported the maximum of 14 Pokemon on day one the level of the ranch grows from 1 to 5

Level 5 also means that the number of Pokemon the ranch can have jumps from 20 to 50

The number of Mii's the ranch can support goes from 5 to 10

Hayley will bring extra Pokemon to celebrate the expansion of the ranch

Free mode becomes available so you have control over the camera

The Toy Box starts being delivered. Each day it will contain something for the Pokemon to play with. The user also needs to search out the box every day.

Hayley tells you that the ranch will expands once it reaches 30 Pokemon (that's 10 more then the first day maximum)

When exporting the Pokemon over user may experience a Pokemon not wanting to leave the DS to go to the ranch because it's worried about it's owner (presumably doesn't want to leave it's user on the DS to go to the ranch)

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Jaysonguy

Is it pointless to buy this game if you don't have any of the DS games?romainsimoni

Well even if you don't own Pokemon Diamond or Pearl you can still get 5 Mii's and one new Pokemon a day.

I don't think it would be as interesting if you don't have either game though. The first day you get 6 Pokemon and then getting one a day would mean you would need to play for two weeks before you get the first ranch upgrades at level 5.

This is more for the people who have tons of Pokemon in Diamond or Pearl that just sit in their boxes all day long. This lets you actually do something with them.

So no, I would skip it for now if you don't have either of the DS games if you're unsure.

romainsimoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 romainsimoni
Member since 2002 • 1955 Posts
Ok thanks for the reply buddy.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Jaysonguy

Day three FAQ's SPOILERS AWAIT!

Construction on the ranch is completed to make it bigger

Ranch level grew from 5 to 6

Pokemon limit went from 50 to 60

Hayley brought extra Pokemon to celebrate ranch expansion (seems to be a trend that she brings extra after events) This time it was two of the same Pokemon

Ranch expands with another ten Pokemon. 30 are there now so I'm adding ten today

Once again I tried to deposit my Gyarados and he came back into my DS on his own again. The prompt then asked if he was worried about me.

There's a new present waiting to be found and then opened.

With 10 more Pokemon added (bringing the total to 40 total) Hayley wants to expand the ranch. She says the work will be done by June 12 (tomorrow)

Hayley asks you what kind of Pokemon you'd like her to bring tomorrow.