Ds horror stories

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kandenkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kandenkiller
Member since 2007 • 93 Posts

Post anything horrible that happened to your ds here.

I have a few things First my little brother was in the hospital for a long time. While we were there I would let my little sister play my DS and everytime I told her we had to leave she would throw it up against the wall. Next I let her play it at a soccer game and when we left she said she had lost it so we were going down the road and I saw something fly off the top of our car I tell my mom to turn around she did and lo' and behold there is my ds in the middle of the road. Surprisingly it still works just fine. Every once in a while a game won't load the first time (just take it out and blow in it). But the weirdest thin is instead of crachks and such it looks like it has scars. Yeah I know pretty weird.

Lyphe2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Lyphe2k
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts
This is something that happened to my friend: He dropped his DS (he has a fatty) and somehow the top half and bottom half aren't connected as strongly. They are now held together by a wire and he has to hold his DS by the middle of the top half and lower half whenever he has to play it.
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#3 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

I haven't had anything happen to mine yet, but I don't think much can top my friend's experience: he was playing it by a lake and - whoopsie! - he kinda dropped it into the lake and had to get a new one.

Moral of this story: don't play your DS next to something resembling a bottomless pit. :D

Vazere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Vazere
Member since 2006 • 528 Posts
My dog once stepped on my touch screen.. I was pretty traumatized :P
raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts

Well, I had my DS(fat), MPH hunters, AW:DS, Trauma Center, Zoo Tycoon, Castlevania DoS, and a couple other games lying on the seat of my car, in a case of course. I went into a restaurant and had lunch, only to come back and discover my window broken and all of my DS gaming goodness gone. Thats a real headbanging moment. I felt like kicking my own a$$ for leaving it in view.

VD_Demon-101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 VD_Demon-101
Member since 2005 • 3186 Posts

My touchscreen scrtached out of the box.

My brothers DS has been droped out of the car-- inside hinge cracked and dents on the backside.

lionheartssj1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 lionheartssj1
Member since 2004 • 5517 Posts
Mine was stolen........along with all my games.
grandizerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 grandizerX
Member since 2006 • 168 Posts
Mine FalledDown 10000 TIMES and still working fine:D
wagepeace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 wagepeace
Member since 2007 • 885 Posts
ive had mine about 6 months or so... and i bought a nerf armor case for it soon after. well a few days or so went by, and i decided i didnt like it as much because it just wasnt as visually appealing as it was before i put the case on. (im kind of partial to the shiny slick look of the "naked" DS lite... until i dropped it.) now i have a slight ding on one side, and from then on have coincidentally learned to accept the ugly bulky look of the armor.
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#10 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
My first DS got thrown into the ocean, and a grouper ate it. I'm serious, I was in the Dry Tortugas and we were loading the boat. My backpack was inside my life jacket, and my dad threw my life jacket onto the boat. But my backpack which was opened fell into the water and some of my stuff fell out of it including my DS. One of the three giant groupers came up and ate my DS!!!!!
kandenkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kandenkiller
Member since 2007 • 93 Posts
My first DS got thrown into the ocean, and a grouper ate it. I'm serious, I was in the Dry Tortugas and we were loading the boat. My backpack was inside my life jacket, and my dad threw my life jacket onto the boat. But my backpack which was opened fell into the water and some of my stuff fell out of it including my DS. One of the three giant groupers came up and ate my DS!!!!!Minishdriveby
Lol you wouldn't think that a ds is all that tasty.
Wiz007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Wiz007
Member since 2004 • 281 Posts
Makes you wonder if you could have caught the Grouper fast enough, could the DS had been saved & playable?
podliver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 podliver
Member since 2007 • 1765 Posts

Post anything horrible that happened to your ds here.

I have a few things First my little brother was in the hospital for a long time. While we were there I would let my little sister play my DS and everytime I told her we had to leave she would throw it up against the wall. Next I let her play it at a soccer game and when we left she said she had lost it so we were going down the road and I saw something fly off the top of our car I tell my mom to turn around she did and lo' and behold there is my ds in the middle of the road. Surprisingly it still works just fine. Every once in a while a game won't load the first time (just take it out and blow in it). But the weirdest thin is instead of crachks and such it looks like it has scars. Yeah I know pretty weird.

kandenkiller

That's one tough DS

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Minishdriveby

Makes you wonder if you could have caught the Grouper fast enough, could the DS had been saved & playable?Wiz007

I think the DS would have been fried when it hit the water.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#15 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

[QUOTE="Wiz007"]Makes you wonder if you could have caught the Grouper fast enough, could the DS had been saved & playable?Minishdriveby

Not necessarily, actually. Water acts as a short circuit, which means that a water-logged electronic device will obviously not function properly. However, if you allow the water to dry, it may function as normally with the short circuit removed. That happened to me once; I got water in a controller and it stopped working, but when the water dried it was fine again.

Katafran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Katafran
Member since 2008 • 530 Posts

On a slightly less horrifying note, I had let my fiance borrow Phantom Hourglass and then it vanished. We could not find it anywhere, and then, two weeks later, I cought one of his roomates playing it. He had "borrowed" it without asking. Needless to say I was not only horrified...

>:[

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Minishdriveby
[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"]

[QUOTE="Wiz007"]Makes you wonder if you could have caught the Grouper fast enough, could the DS had been saved & playable?GabuEx

Not necessarily, actually. Water acts as a short circuit, which means that a water-logged electronic device will obviously not function properly. However, if you allow the water to dry, it may function as normally with the short circuit removed. That happened to me once; I got water in a controller and it stopped working, but when the water dried it was fine again.

Damn I should have wrestled the grouper.

DarkstrEX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DarkstrEX
Member since 2008 • 137 Posts

My ds was in a plastic bag with my guitar hero on tour. so i thought it was safe. i went canoeing for 5 hours and came back to find the bag open and 7 in. of water. my game is alright but the buttons broke. and i had to get a new ds. waterproof bag? that's crap!

Wiz007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Wiz007
Member since 2004 • 281 Posts
Sounds like Murphy's Law got you good. That sinks a waterproof bag leaked.
Apocalypse97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Apocalypse97
Member since 2008 • 1758 Posts
My Ds got a huge hinge crack on the left side. Then the right hinge cracks (well not exactly but behind the R button) so now when I open my DS it doesn't click into place and so its loose. It makes it hard to play games!
wii_1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 wii_1234
Member since 2008 • 35 Posts

This is a tragic tale.....

My brother gave my sis a piggy back ride, when she was a retard and put her hands ver his eyes. My bro basically went crazy and bumped into my ds which was on a counter by our stairs. It went down a set of wooden stairs and the hinge broke(its was a ds phat). After a few months, the top screen turned a dingy yellow.

I almost broke down and stopped working(pun intended).

Fortunately, i bought my brothers ds phat for 50 bucks. But now its hinge is broken, so its only a matter of time.

Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#23 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
My little cousin almost touched my DS once...I know pretty tragic. Who knows what could have happened...
iamsammy71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 iamsammy71
Member since 2007 • 327 Posts
I dropped it on a cement ground. I just about cried. It didn't even get a scratch on it and it still looks right when it came out of the box.
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

i went to my cousin's house for winter vacation. she had a ds too but she had 4 brothers and sisters. becuase of 6 people and only 2 ds we needed to share. so one day i went outside while my ds was inside the house. when i went inside all my games(ds and gba games) was gone. i needed to find 14 games and my ds in this huge house. it took me 3 days to find all games. i figured out that my one of my cousins took my ds while i was sleeping.a few months my cousin's ds got stolen by her brothers and sisters and couldn't find it since then.

i bet that DS is in another country by now.

one time i let my friend use my first ds. he was playing a difficult game and when he lost he got really mad that threw my ds at the table. when i tried to use my ds the buttons didn't work. i needed to get a new ds.

justin4444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 justin4444
Member since 2004 • 718 Posts
I flushed my ds lite on my toilet.. And it still working.. Amazing
solo4321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 solo4321
Member since 2006 • 3338 Posts
i took my DS to school and it was in my backpack and my friend kicked my backpack while he was going to his seat(he sits next to me and my backpack was on the side of my desk) the top screen cracked and theres a huge black spot covering it and its unplayable and i havent played it since.
lord_bobert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 lord_bobert
Member since 2008 • 40 Posts
i dropped mine of a storege shed, dented the screen and had my steped on by my little cousin and it looks fine!:D
The_Nintendawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 The_Nintendawg
Member since 2005 • 1993 Posts
My DS touch screen once stopped working i freaked out, then i recalibrated and it works. So i was worried for nothing...
HushRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 HushRong
Member since 2008 • 13183 Posts

i used to have a fatty, but then bought a DS lite while i was in the states visiting my Aunt and Uncle. i was sitting in the living room while everyone was watching tv and i was playing my new DS...so i turned off my DS, closed it, set it down on the coffee table and went to get a soda. when i came back an sat down on the couch...my DS was gone. i asked..."who took my DS?" an none of them said they did an didnt know where it went. i was PISSED...they all stopped watching tv an helped me lookfor my DS...then my aunt found it. it was on the dogs pillow with all of his toys...

*that dog also takes money...no joke, i put a couple of bills on the same coffee table to pay for a pizza i had delivered...the dag came by...looked at the money, and gently got the money an ran off(when it took my DS an my money...it didnt get any drool on the goods). i think that do was a thief in its past life

tim_aka_link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 tim_aka_link
Member since 2006 • 507 Posts

My little cousin almost touched my DS once...I know pretty tragic. Who knows what could have happened...Flame_Blade88

i can only imagine :P

jimbokong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jimbokong
Member since 2008 • 260 Posts
[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"]

[QUOTE="Wiz007"]Makes you wonder if you could have caught the Grouper fast enough, could the DS had been saved & playable?GabuEx

I had the exact same thing happen with a cellphone ten years ago.

chefstubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#33 chefstubbies
Member since 2007 • 2583 Posts

Boy do I have a DS horror story...

One time I couldn't find my DS. But then I found it.

Ever sinse then I sleep with my DS tucked under my pillow.

smithevilwitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 smithevilwitch
Member since 2007 • 47 Posts
I dropped my SP in toilet (it still worked after too), and one of my DS hinges broke; it had a run in with gravity, but then I glued it back together, twice, and now it works fine, sometimes a game won't register with it, but it will the second time, the L and R buttons are all scratched up, along with most of the edges. And both my DS and SP have been stolen and then I got them back.
pokeymaimone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 pokeymaimone
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Best story

Jdog30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Jdog30
Member since 2008 • 4509 Posts
one time, i dropped my DS on the carpet from 2 feet, and it froze.
ichigolink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ichigolink
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Yeah i know im gunna sound like such a retard a couple years back (when i had a fatty DS) i lost it. i looked EVERYWHERE for a couple weeks and couldnt find it, i thought i was gunna go crazy! so i though after a while SCREW IT ITS LOST. and then a couple weeks later i have some random urge to make my bed o.O .and there it was...... the whole time. i felt some weird mix of "yesssss! my DS" and "wow im and IDIOT!".
smithevilwitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 smithevilwitch

Yeah i know im gunna sound like such a retard a couple years back (when i had a fatty DS) i lost it. i looked EVERYWHERE for a couple weeks and couldnt find it, i thought i was gunna go crazy! so i though after a while SCREW IT ITS LOST. and then a couple weeks later i have some random urge to make my bed o.O .and there it was...... the whole time. i felt some weird mix of "yesssss! my DS" and "wow im and IDIOT!".ichigolink

That's ok, I also lost my Gameboy Advance in my closet for a year and bought a new SP, to only find later... at least you didn't buy a new one when you lost the old one...

mapleleafs10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mapleleafs10
Member since 2008 • 126 Posts

this may be the worst ever! :

About 2 months ago i left my DS on my kitchen table, went to the washroom, came back and it was gone! I was looking everywhere for it. After about an hour i gave up. My 3 year old brother asked me if i would make him a bubby(warm milk in a baby bottle), so i said sure. When i open the microwave theres my DS! Turns out he put it in there!

Avatar image for golito199999999
golito199999999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 golito199999999
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Most of my consoles are uh... really scratched everywhere, i uually drop them accidentaly... All of them work fine... except for my DS!!!It started to randomly turn off after this one time it fell on the street... it makes playing some games really frustrating, like FFTA2

Zeppy007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Zeppy007
Member since 2008 • 558 Posts

my GBA cart slot dosent work but it plays Guitar Hero On Tour

DarkstrEX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DarkstrEX
Member since 2008 • 137 Posts

I nearly drowned when this happened....

One time i was canoeing and we got pulled by the current backwards. and we tipped over. my ds and my guitar hero on tour was in a plastic bag. so i thought they were fine. but when i checked my bag when i was done and the bag was open! what the hell? I tried to turn on my ds but remembered that if u turn it on when it's wet, it's fried. i got a new ds (red & black) but my guitar hero buttons wre okay and so were my games. but my friends iPhone and his ds broke. That's $800 thrown out the window. his dad beat him hard.

Moral of the story: never bring any electronics on a canoe trip while fighting the current. you'll be screwed!:cry:

Larrybutzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Larrybutzz
Member since 2008 • 42 Posts
One time my battery died second's before I finished jumping jack flash on hard rock. You've never heard such screams.
Avatar image for InsultToInjury_
InsultToInjury_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#44 InsultToInjury_
Member since 2007 • 2219 Posts
Nothing has happened to mine *touch wood*. My Ipods have been a different story.
halofanatic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 halofanatic12
Member since 2008 • 655 Posts
well my brother had my old lite and we were walking in the hallway and he was playing it at the same time and he bumped into me and hit the wall and the ds snapped in half
jacobs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 jacobs06
Member since 2007 • 498 Posts
no injuries (thankfully), but i've let my sister play my ds when she comes home from university. She came walking down the stairs and dropped it at the very top. I was at the bottom of the stairs and had the wonderful view of watching it plummet onto the stairs and then land on our hard tile floor... luckily it wasn't broken ( i worried about the hinge as my sister had it open and was playing it as she was coming down).
smithevilwitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 smithevilwitch

I dropped my SP in toilet (it still worked after too), and one of my DS hinges broke; it had a run in with gravity, but then I glued it back together, twice, and now it works fine, sometimes a game won't register with it, but it will the second time, the L and R buttons are all scratched up, along with most of the edges. And both my DS and SP have been stolen and then I got them back.smithevilwitch

As if this wasn't enough I just left my DS out in the rain, I tried it. It still works, it's drying by the fan now...

xfactor19990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 xfactor19990
Member since 2004 • 10917 Posts

takes a moment of silence for all ds's that have fallen

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

u all have served well

GamerJM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49 GamerJM
Member since 2007 • 1218 Posts
It broke. Five times. I dropped it twice. The other times Nintendo just messed up my repairs, because there was someone with the same exact name as me (first and last) >_>.
Proke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Proke
Member since 2008 • 94 Posts

One time... I let my little brother use it.

:cry:

That was probably the worst thing I could possibly do...