Done with This...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tyler_100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Tyler_100
Member since 2007 • 102 Posts

I just got rid of my ds at gamecrazy this weekend, along with a couple of games. Looking back at the console I had high hopes for it in '05. The touch screen and mic sounded like they had huge potential. After getting my first ds I enjoyed Mario Kart (on of the best in the series imo). I moved on and got a number of nintendo released games as well as some popular franchise third parties; Star Wars, Lotor, and Pirates of the Caribbean, Ninja Gaiden, Spanish Coach. Which I enjoyed a great bit. Games were fun and the stories were usually passable. Later into owning my ds I found that there were a huge amount of kid oriented games. Picking up the mature titles I looked at the ds library with some disgust. Here was a console that had great potential to have a library akin to that of the n64 with the system capabilities plus touch screen. But no, nintendo has thought kids mostly with their portable systems. I get you nintendo. So I've decided to move on. It's been fun... Hopefully the next Nintendo portable will be more 'Mature'

SoraX64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 SoraX64
Member since 2008 • 29221 Posts
What do you define mature as?
JesusFreak1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 JesusFreak1990
Member since 2007 • 1298 Posts
Well I think the games are just fine for the DS, there are many games that adults can enjoy IMO. Anyway, this thread would probably be better as a blog post.
TaMuK711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 TaMuK711
Member since 2009 • 3367 Posts

Riiight, if the DS library doesn't satisfy you, nothing will :P

Kcdragon8116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#5 Kcdragon8116
Member since 2008 • 1300 Posts
Yeah, you're missing out on the best game library this generation.
Dealge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Dealge
Member since 2009 • 212 Posts

I'm completely satisfied with the DS library, it's not like the PSP's is better anyway.

m1k3m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 m1k3m
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts

The DS has the best game library of all the consoles this gen. So many games that cover all genres. Also, as someone above me asked, what do you define as mature?

Drewman419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Drewman419
Member since 2006 • 335 Posts

O man you are SO going to miss Scribblenauts!

maxx1458

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 maxx1458
Member since 2004 • 1275 Posts

Its a nintendo hand held. I dont know what you really expected when it comes to mature titles. I also suppose by mature you mean games like GTA with adult content since their is plenty of games on the system that cater to an older crowd.

Also the system pretty much already has probably a library of games that can easily compare with N64's.

Avatar image for clarissamomissa
clarissamomissa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 clarissamomissa
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
idk i still like mine tho. plus im an ol softie for the pokemon throwback days tho
xylophagous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 xylophagous
Member since 2008 • 295 Posts

That's too bad but I guess the DS isn't for everyone. Nintendo is definitely not the platform for you if you're looking to play 18+ games or lots of very violent or explicit games.

Arclight_Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 Arclight_Blue
Member since 2008 • 2830 Posts
so what if the DS doesnt have too many "mature" titles on its list, I play videogames cuz theyre fun, your so called "Mature" games only sell on over the top presentation values and mostly those type of things only belong on machines with greater graphical capabilities, besides the market is just full of generic FPSes and games that hide its rather shallow gameplay with tremendous presentation values. The DS offers something unique, something fresh to offer that any other consoles(at times even including its own big brother) could only dream of.
andreah_sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 andreah_sky
Member since 2009 • 90 Posts

I can't believe you got rid of your DS :( anyway, i respect your decision.