Do you think we'll ever see a realistic,mature Zelda in this upcoming generation

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

One that many of us want.

And some of you don't because you can't get unstuck...

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
lol what?
superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Depends what you mean by realistic and mature... by mature are you talking about darker type story, visual (less cartoony), blood & gore?....I don't mind a darker story & visual (less cartoony)..but if you're talking about blood & slicing arms, legs or heads off with blood spurting out then forget it.

Realistic?...its a fantasy story,characters themselves aren't a real race, I don't see how it can be realistic. What do you mean by realistic?..

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

Hopefully not. Twilight Princess was as dark as a Zelda game should be.

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
As Twilight Princess?
King_Dodongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 King_Dodongo
Member since 2006 • 3759 Posts
Hopefully you're not referring to only brown color on the screen, automatic checkpoints every corner, regenerating health, too see even the skin pores on the characters, voice acting, lots of bugs, perks, and boring features, etc.
Avatar image for themagicbum9720
themagicbum9720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 themagicbum9720
Member since 2007 • 6536 Posts
i think majora's mask was darker than twilight princess. no one wants unnecessary language, brown/gray color palette and extreme gore in a zelda game.
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34605 Posts
Realistic and Zelda wouldn't match.
Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#9 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

i think majora's mask was darker than twilight princess. no one wants unnecessary language, brown/gray color palette and extreme gore in a zelda game.themagicbum9720

I agree that MM was 'darker' than TP.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Zelda is a children's fairy tale

It will never be more then that, people looking for something different need to find another series to play

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

As in M-rated? No, it's highly unlikely Nintendo would want to alienate minors and to be honest I don't think it needs blood and gore and swearing (would be funny tho). It'll likely be rated E, like all games in the series. I'm not quite sure what you mean with realistic. Zelda was never realistic. Perhaps what you ment to say is that you'd like to see a more "serious" art-style like in TP or that tech-demo. This I can understand but the final game will probably look different to that tech-demo.

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nameless12345

It will never be more then that, people looking for something different need to find another series to play

Jaysonguy

Exactly. That's the way we like Zelda. We would not want it to become a The Witcher copy now would we?

ChikaraShref

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ChikaraShref
Member since 2011 • 4721 Posts
Hopefully you're not referring to only brown color on the screen, automatic checkpoints every corner, regenerating health, too see even the skin pores on the characters, voice acting, lots of bugs, perks, and boring features, etc.King_Dodongo
thats not realistic???
TyberZannxxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TyberZannxxxx
Member since 2009 • 712 Posts

Most likely

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

[QUOTE="King_Dodongo"]Hopefully you're not referring to only brown color on the screen, automatic checkpoints every corner, regenerating health, too see even the skin pores on the characters, voice acting, lots of bugs, perks, and boring features, etc.ChikaraShref
thats not realistic???

Thats what most of todays gamers see as realistic, but it's certainly not what Zelda wants or needs.

I would actually prefer to go back to Wind Wakers graphics if anything. That was by far the most beautiful, and emotional Zelda game Nintendo has ever made.

apickedapple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 apickedapple
Member since 2010 • 120 Posts
Twilight Princess is as realistic a Zelda game should get, and thats that
ChikaraShref

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ChikaraShref
Member since 2011 • 4721 Posts

[QUOTE="ChikaraShref"][QUOTE="King_Dodongo"]Hopefully you're not referring to only brown color on the screen, automatic checkpoints every corner, regenerating health, too see even the skin pores on the characters, voice acting, lots of bugs, perks, and boring features, etc.spike6958

thats not realistic???

Thats what most of todays gamers see as realistic, but it's certainly not what Zelda wants or needs.

I would actually prefer to go back to Wind Wakers graphics if anything. That was by far the most beautiful, and emotional Zelda game Nintendo has ever made.

as far as art style, WW is definitely my favorite. but i'd be surprised if they ever make another one like that, actually. :(

Euaggelistes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Euaggelistes
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

Jaysonguy

Exactly. I wish people would stop trying to change what a series is and just go find a series with the elements they want.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

I think the next Zelda will have a TP artstyle and (inferior) traditional controls. Nintendo wants to satisfy its fans and sell many copies, and too many people complained about Skyward Sword.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Toxic-Seahorse

I think the next Zelda will have a TP artstyle and (inferior) traditional controls. Nintendo wants to satisfy its fans and sell many copies, and too many people complained about Skyward Sword.

ANIMEguy10034
I'd like another TP style Zelda, as long as there is more to explore and the world feels less empty. I loved the controls for Skyward Sword although it did feel awkward me being left handed and all.
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GreekGameManiac

Blah.so much negativity...

A bunchload of fans in a forum online doesn't speak for the millions of fans worldwide.

Stop saying "Zelda doesn't needs this or that".

Because it does.

TLoZ needs voices,a massive,MASSIVE world with loads of exploration,blood,a better combat system,new gameplay features,darker,more "epic" style orchestral music,and much better and DEEPER stories.

Period.

Oh,and i don't want another Skyward Sword.

Entries in the series have to be unique.

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts

Nintendo has made it very clear what style of game they think the Zelda franchise is most suited for, and it isn't realistic/mature.

TLoZ needs voices,a massive,MASSIVE world with loads of exploration,blood,a better combat system,new gameplay features,darker,more "epic" style orchestral music,and much better and DEEPER stories.

GreekGameManiac

Why?

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GreekGameManiac

Nintendo has made it very clear what style of game they think the Zelda franchise is most suited for, and it isn't realistic/mature. [QUOTE="GreekGameManiac"]

meetroid8

Why?

OMG,what do you mean "why"!

Cause it does!!!

We aren't in the 90s anymore!

We are in the 10s!

It's about time it evolves!

drybones41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 drybones41
Member since 2012 • 71 Posts

A bunchload of fans in a forum online doesn't speak for the millions of fans worldwide.

Because it does.

Period.

GreekGameManiac

You say that a bunch of fans in a forum don't speak for the millions of fans worldwide. Yet...

One that many of us want.

And some of you don't because you can't get unstuck...

GreekGameManiac

Who exactly is the "we". I thought "A bunchload of fans in a forum online doesn't speak for the millions of fans worldwide." So if a bunchload of fans don't speak for millions, 1 fan doesn't speak for?

EDIT: As for zelda being realistic. Zelda doesn't need it. Plus since when was zelda realistic? It's a fantasy game where you fight monsters, small and huge.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Sepewrath

Who exactly is the "we". I thought "A bunchload of fans in a forum online doesn't speak for the millions of fans worldwide." So if a bunchload of fans don't speak for millions, 1 fan doesn't speak for?

drybones41
I also enjoyed the irony of that post lol.
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 meetroid8

[QUOTE="meetroid8"]

Nintendo has made it very clear what style of game they think the Zelda franchise is most suited for, and it isn't realistic/mature. [QUOTE="GreekGameManiac"]

GreekGameManiac

Why?

OMG,what do you mean "why"!

Cause it does!!!

We aren't in the 90s anymore!

We are in the 10s!

It's about time it evolves!

Sure it needs to evolve, but why in the direction of Elder Scrolls? If Zelda games have have managed to be great without all of that, why does it need them?
spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 spike6958

Because it does.

Period.

GreekGameManiac

There so much "negativity" because YOU ARE WRONG! The point is most of the fans who don't use the forums probably don't care either way, they just want more Zelda regardless. Also, this isn't just this forum, all Zelda forums I've been on and see questions like this been asked, the answer always comes back the same, NO.

People don't want voice acting in Zelda because 9 times out 10 Nintendo gets voicing wrong, did you play Super Mario Sunshine, that had possibly the WORST voice acting of any game last gen.

Massive worlds don't really matter, the exploration side is suppose to come from the dungeons themselves.

Blood should NEVER be included in Zelda, games that need blood to be good, outside of horror games, are usually pretty shallow.

The combat in the past Zelda games has been great, and Skyward Sword's Swordplay was the best use of the Wii remote (after Metroid Prime Trilogy).

Every Zelda gets new gameplay features, be it unique controls, new ways to travel around the world, or new items.

Zelda doesn't need to be dark, it's a fairytale fantasy world, it's suppose to be something both kids and adults can enjoy, and making it dark won't do that. Also this will never happen anyway because Miyamoto is in charge of the Zelda series, and he has said his least favorite Zelda games are Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess.

Music can go either way, I LOVE the music in the series so far, so I don't care it they go full orchestral or stick with how it's done now, as long as they keep it in the same style.

As for the stories, again it's a fairytale, it's aimed at children. Besides Zelda's storyline is a lot deeper than most games these days, games like Halo, CoD, Gears, all the games that for some reason you seem to want to turn Zelda into have really shallow stories that are just there for the sake of having people talk, they never make people care about what's going on in the world, Zelda is different I've never had a Zelda game where I didn't care about what was going on, even in the ones I "dislike" I always cared about the world and the characters because there much more interesting than what most other games give us.

Entries in the Zelda series don't need to be unique from each other, rather the series needs to remain unique in comparison to what other company's are releasing and so far they have done that, and the only thing that could possibly change that is DarkSiders II.

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 nameless12345

Zelda doesn't need to be dark, it's a fairytale fantasy world, it's suppose to be something both kids and adults can enjoy, and making it dark won't do that. Also this will never happen anyway because Miyamoto is in charge of the Zelda series, and he has said his least favorite Zelda games are Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess.

spike6958

Majora was the best Zelda tho, regardless of what Shiggy thinks. I know he didn't like the style but it had the best story, world, character and gameplay in the series imo.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 spike6958

[QUOTE="spike6958"]

nameless12345

Majora was the best Zelda tho, regardless of what Shiggy thinks. I know he didn't like the style but it had the best story, world, character and gameplay in the series imo.

Hey, I enjoyed Majora as much as the next guy, but if Shiggy doesn't like the style it's not fair that people (not you, i'm referring to the OP) demand that he use it again. In the long run he's going to enjoy his work less, which would likely result in the game not been up there with the usual quality of the series. Also IMO I think Majora was honestly a fluke, I don't think if they tried to do it again, regardless of Shiggy's feelings towards it, they could come even close to capturing the essence of that game, it's best to let it remain as the wonderful oddball of the series, rather than trying to change the series into making that the norm.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
twilight princess/majora's mask is probably the "darkness threshold" of the series. if you want fantasy while being super duper mature and gritty and realistic, i recommend looking up the witcher series.
slowpokebro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 slowpokebro
Member since 2012 • 572 Posts
I hope to god no. Cell-shading captured the essence of Zelda the best.
superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#32 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

I like the theme & looks of what Nintendo showed with the tech demo..so if they went with that I'd be happy. :)

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Toxic-Seahorse

I like the theme & looks of what Nintendo showed with the tech demo..so if they went with that I'd be happy. :)

superbuuman
Same here.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Sepewrath
I hope to god no. Cell-shading captured the essence of Zelda the best.slowpokebro
I don't agree with that at all. I think they should just continue doing what they have always done, let the art style reflect the theme of the game. TP wouldn't have made a lot of sense Cel Shaded; neither would have Majora's Mask or Ocarina of Time.
umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 umcommon
Member since 2007 • 2503 Posts
In my personal opinion it does, and I think the Wii U having HD graphics would be the perfect opportunity to make it happen. No more cell shaded Link please.
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

Why would a kid's fairy tale need blood and maturity?

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 GreekGameManiac

[QUOTE="GreekGameManiac"]

Because it does.

Period.

spike6958

There so much "negativity" because YOU ARE WRONG! The point is most of the fans who don't use the forums probably don't care either way, they just want more Zelda regardless. Also, this isn't just this forum, all Zelda forums I've been on and see questions like this been asked, the answer always comes back the same, NO.

People don't want voice acting in Zelda because 9 times out 10 Nintendo gets voicing wrong, did you play Super Mario Sunshine, that had possibly the WORST voice acting of any game last gen.

Massive worlds don't really matter, the exploration side is suppose to come from the dungeons themselves.

Blood should NEVER be included in Zelda, games that need blood to be good, outside of horror games, are usually pretty shallow.

The combat in the past Zelda games has been great, and Skyward Sword's Swordplay was the best use of the Wii remote (after Metroid Prime Trilogy).

Every Zelda gets new gameplay features, be it unique controls, new ways to travel around the world, or new items.

Music can go either way, I LOVE the music in the series so far, so I don't care it they go full orchestral or stick with how it's done now, as long as they keep it in the same style.

As for the stories, again it's a fairytale, it's aimed at children. Besides Zelda's storyline is a lot deeper than most games these days, games like Halo, CoD, Gears, all the games that for some reason you seem to want to turn Zelda into have really shallow stories that are just there for the sake of having people talk, they never make people care about what's going on in the world, Zelda is different I've never had a Zelda game where I didn't care about what was going on, even in the ones I "dislike" I always cared about the world and the characters because there much more interesting than what most other games give us.

Entries in the Zelda series don't need to be unique from each other, rather the series needs to remain unique in comparison to what other company's are releasing and so far they have done that, and the only thing that could possibly change that is DarkSiders II.

I'm sorry you feel like that.

It's always dissapointing to see opinions like that.:)

Oh well.

@Drybones,well,i guess i was going by guessing.

@uncommon,THANK YOU.

@Sep...partially agree.

umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38 umcommon
Member since 2007 • 2503 Posts

Why would a kid's fairy tale need blood and maturity?

goblaa
Maybe not blood, but just more complexity, depth, and variation. There's a difference between maturity and gore.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Sepewrath
[QUOTE="umcommon"] Maybe not blood, but just more complexity, depth, and variation. There's a difference between maturity and gore.

Not many know the difference, regardless Zelda doesn't need to try and be Witcher, I think the latter Zelda games(WW,TP,SS) had a good balance for story complexity. It doesn't need to go any further than that, why people want every game series to do the same things, I don't get.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

Because it does.

Period.

GreekGameManiac
Lol dude what are you talking about.. "A bunchload of fans in a forum online doesn't speak for the millions of fans worldwide" but you do? Are you serious?
Zubinen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Zubinen
Member since 2011 • 2555 Posts
Forget Majora's Mask being the darkest games in the series, it's one of the darkest games I've ever played, the game gave me the goosebumps while FEAR 1, and Amensia: The Dark Descent left me unphased :lol: Nintendo first party games like those in the Zelda and Mario series do not need gore, swearing, or a false sense of authenticity to trick players into buying the game, superior gameplay and level design on their own are sufficient.
tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts
As in Twilight Princess style? I hope so. Given how empty and incomplete that game felt (Which, to me, was more because of the limited hardware it was being made for than anything else. ), I'd like to see them give it another shot on a console that would give them less restriction and allow their imagination to run further than they were allowed to when developing TP. I honestly believe it could end up being a masterpiece....
Mitazaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Mitazaki
Member since 2005 • 1501 Posts

Because it does.

Period.

GreekGameManiac

Isn't that a bit of a contradiction? You are saying something on a forum and acting like it's something that millions of fans around the world want. Zelda doesn't need blood nor does it need voices, sure a bigger world to explore would be great and add in some orchestral music and again that would be great, though we did get some of that in Skyward Sword if I remember right.

knuckl3head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 knuckl3head
Member since 2009 • 908 Posts

While I loved the dark theme of MM and the cheerful theme of SS, personally, I think it should have a mix of both contrasting each other.

My favourite theme was OoT. When you were a kid everything was happy and innocent, the towns were bustling and for a N64 game the colors were bright and plentiful. Then you grow up and realize what a dark, desolate place the world can be if it falls into the wrong greedy hands and no one stands up to change anything. And while its dark its not hopeless, you fight to restore a former beauty you once knew.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Sepewrath
I actually don't find MM to be that dark, I think people mistake visuals for tone. MM does have its dark moments, particularly in day 3 where people are resigning to death and all that. But as far as a game with a dark tone goes, TP has it beat by a mile, even OoT has a darker tone in the second half of the game. Yeah the moon is falling in MM but its mostly a light hearted adventure.
videog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#46 videog
Member since 2011 • 327 Posts

While I loved the dark theme of MM and the cheerful theme of SS, personally, I think it should have a mix of both contrasting each other.

My favourite theme was OoT. When you were a kid everything was happy and innocent, the towns were bustling and for a N64 game the colors were bright and plentiful. Then you grow up and realize what a dark, desolate place the world can be if it falls into the wrong greedy hands and no one stands up to change anything. And while its dark its not hopeless, you fight to restore a former beauty you once knew.

knuckl3head

Links childhood in OOT wasn't all fun and games though:lol:

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 meetroid8
its mostly a light hearted adventure. Sepewrath
Are you sure you were playing the same game as everyone else? 'Lighthearted' is not the word I would use to describe MM. One of the main mechanics was impersonating the villain's victims.
Link592

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Link592
Member since 2011 • 66 Posts

All I have to say is, that that is the worst idea for Zelda ever. People complain that Nintendo is to "casual" or "kiddy" but sometimes that's a good thing, the way I see it is Nintendo puts a little breathing room in between all these bloody, gory, and sometimes even disgusting games. And I find that a good thing considering that Zelda is not only a break for all that gore, but a great game to.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

1. Have the artstyle of TP

2. The technical and artistic graphics of the tech demo.

3. And have a "dark" story at least as "dark" as TP or MM.

There's no need for blood. Colored smoke, or green goo, or whatever has always been fine. But I don't want a mini game with Link in a hot tub with Sora Zelda and Midna acting like he's Kratos.

It's a fairy tale of a simple villager that becomes the hero of the world. All the other side stories that go along with that I would like more flushed out. But that's about it.

Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#50 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts

imo i dont want a overly "mature" zelda. but i would like to see the game grow or change in some areas. character and story depth and complexity being number one., i have not played SS but i have found the save system in WW and TP to be horrible at best. id def like a save anytime and start right were you left off feature like in for example the fallout games and skyrim. Thats very very handy feature to have. In fact i know im going to get hated on for saying this and thats ok lol but for me the perfect zelda game would be almost a blending of oblivion or skyrim and zelda. a huge fleshed out world slap full of characters and things to do ect but with that nintendo/zelda charm. of course i dont mean skyrim just with ninty characters, def NOT but take some of the better aspects of those huge open world games and add it to the zelda games.