Do you really like Super Smash Brother's Brawl?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

staticdawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 staticdawg
Member since 2008 • 39 Posts
I personally think its one of the best games on the wii. That's not necessarily a good thing because I don't enjoy brawl as much as I enjoyed melee. I personally wish they kept all the characters the same and just added more, not take away. Between 1-10, what do you give brawl. If not a 10, please explain why(though you don't have to)
bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts

No I dont like it.

I love it.

SMR-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 SMR-Venom
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts
[QUOTE="bobcheeseball"]

No I dont like it.

I love it.

This, I
presto7640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 presto7640
Member since 2004 • 817 Posts

I personally think its one of the best games on the wii. That's not necessarily a good thing because I don't enjoy brawl as much as I enjoyed melee. I personally wish they kept all the characters the same and just added more, not take away. Between 1-10, what do you give brawl. If not a 10, please explain why(though you don't have to)staticdawg

I'm not a pro, so I think the characters are balanced well enough for me. But, I'm not a big fan of the smash balls, I don't like a lot of the new levels as much as the old, and I almost think there is too much extra content in this game. It's overwhelming! But worst of all, the online still acts up for me. I feel like Melee was a better overall experience.

When it's working properly, it's still a lot of fun, which is the only reason why I give it a 7.

SMR-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SMR-Venom
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts
[QUOTE="SMR-Venom"][QUOTE="bobcheeseball"]

No I dont like it.

I love it.

This, I

Also I gave it a 9.5/10 because of the online. It sucks but I barely go on anyway and Offline Multiplayer is the best the Wii has to offer. It is the top offlien multiplayer in this gen.
Avatar image for RandomWarrior69
RandomWarrior69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#6 RandomWarrior69
Member since 2007 • 1649 Posts
I love it. I give it a 10, but I do miss Roy and Dr. Mario ( even though he was useless :P )
Benjo36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 Benjo36
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Of course I do! It's a great game, packed with characters and stages. Although now, every time i play it i cant help but think of new ideas. In my head i have bumped up the playable character roster to 60. (Dont worry, they could all fit in and make sense). Like Zant, Waluigi, Megaman, Dark Samus...theres just loads. But it really is a great game. Top notch music, loads of trophies to look at and best of all: its damn fun
bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts
I give Brawl a 9.5/10 mainly for online play being awful.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

I love it as a jukebox

It's average to trash everywhere else.

There's so much wrong with the game that didn't need to be wrong. They take away advanced moves but in turn they weaken the entire game because you can never get rid of spammers in a button masher. So like what's the point? Now you have reduced the gameplay and allowed even more spam opportunities.

The story mode was punishment, we did something very bad to Nintendo and they punished us by making that God awful Subspace mode. Whatever we did to them it was BAD.

Online has already been talked about enough, it did not do well compared to what was expected.

ninwin99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 ninwin99
Member since 2008 • 38 Posts
10/10 for sure. got it the first day it came out and i still play it pretty frequently since my friends and i routinely get together to play brawl for hours on end. other than maybe rockband nothing beats 4 player brawl!
Avatar image for TwilightSoilder
TwilightSoilder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TwilightSoilder
Member since 2007 • 1831 Posts

No I dont like it.

I love it.

bobcheeseball
Same
Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 Dark_Link142
Member since 2004 • 6726 Posts

I love it. It's fantastic.

Contrary to most people, I highly enjoyed the SSE, for the most part. The Great Maze was just terrible, though.

The gameplay itself has been highly refined from Melee, making it more accessible and much more fluid.

The ridiculous amount of content in the game is great as well. Stickers, trophies, music, characters, stages, demos, replays, screenshots, etc. It's a very big game.

The graphics and audio are topnotch.

Online is buggy, but if you get it working properly, it's fun as well.

So, 9.5/10.

FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts
[QUOTE="bobcheeseball"]

No I dont like it.

I love it.

TwilightSoilder
Same

Same+1
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#14 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
I gave it a 9.0 because I love the extra content that it has, but I'm never really got into the game. However I was at my friends house and it was pretty fun playing with him, and trying to unlock everything so I guess that warrants a 9.0.
Aireannaiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Aireannaiel
Member since 2004 • 87 Posts

10 for me. Should have been a game of the year nom.

SlorgieNel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 SlorgieNel
Member since 2005 • 1704 Posts
It's an absolutely amazing game. The SSE alone made it worth the money, it was just epic.
SSBFan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SSBFan12
Member since 2008 • 11981 Posts
Yeah I think it is one of the best Wii games ever.
NullCelot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 NullCelot
Member since 2008 • 84 Posts
the game sucks (partially, playing with brothers is fun, which is why my sig says that im playin it)
Durhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Durhamster
Member since 2007 • 859 Posts
Smash bros is all about the multiplayer. Brawl failed to give a compeditive online multiplayer which is why I stopped playing it months ago.
miniduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 miniduck
Member since 2003 • 1063 Posts
Me having 480 hours as of today = I love it. I play competitively, but love virtually everything about the game (except for tripping and the lackluster online).
TheSmitto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TheSmitto
Member since 2008 • 1898 Posts

No I dont like it.

I love it.

bobcheeseball

Perfecto.:D

hypnochronic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 hypnochronic
Member since 2008 • 85 Posts

Almost perfect.

The only things that would have made it better would have been better online, and a few more 3rd party characters. MegaMan and Travis Touchdown in the next one, por favor!

NullCelot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 NullCelot
Member since 2008 • 84 Posts

Almost perfect.

The only things that would have made it better would have been better online, and a few more 3rd party characters. MegaMan and Travis Touchdown in the next one, por favor!

hypnochronic

PUT IN CONKER TOO!!!! HE WOULD PWN

Batsu12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24 Batsu12
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I like smash bros brawl an 8.5 is great it's fun.
TboneKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TboneKing
Member since 2007 • 78 Posts
If it had a great online experience, it would deserve a 10/10. I feel it is a 9.5, as it is great offline multiplayer. It is a game MADE FOR online, it's sad that they couldn't make it so.
MegaMan-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MegaMan-Fan
Member since 2008 • 38 Posts
I love it, mostly for the multiplayer. Playing with your friends on there is extremely fun, especially if you are pretty competitive. Overall I would give it a 9.5
Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts
I give it a 9.9! The only thing holding it back IMO is the horrid online battles. I really don't see how people can enjoy melee more. The only things removed where the glitches, a few clones, and mewtwo who they replaced with lucario. Besides that, the only possible negative is that the game plays a bit slower. Still, I think the massive amount of new content more than makes up for that.
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#28 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

its a good game, but overall just a safe sequel. the gameplay didnt change much. all they added to it was the smash balls which basically just another item (which i always turn off since they put too much emphasis on luck).

online mode is pretty much useless. even if you could smoothly run every game, there is really no insentive to. they shouldve added a bunch of exclusive stickers and trophies to give the player a reason to keep playing online. on the plus side, you never really have to touch the online mp since the local mp is still very good (if not getting a bit stale from being virtually the same as melee...).

though i cant deny that the music is awesome and the new characters (especially snake) are fun to play as.

id probably give it either a 7 or 7.5.

XDXDXDXDXDXDXD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 XDXDXDXDXDXDXD
Member since 2007 • 2399 Posts
Love it is kinda strong but yeah its awesome.
starmetroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 starmetroid
Member since 2007 • 5000 Posts

No I dont like it.

I love it.

bobcheeseball
My thoughts exactly.
staticdawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 staticdawg
Member since 2008 • 39 Posts
Wow its that good eh?
Jdog30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Jdog30
Member since 2008 • 4509 Posts
its best game on wii IMO
Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#33 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11514 Posts

Let me put it this way. The smash series has provided me with the greatest video game experiences of all time. NOTHING is better than playing with a group of about 10 people and Brawl is by FAR the best one. This might seem strange coming from a smash tourney jock, but Brawl just fixed the game (it's fun again!). The online is shakey, but the whole point and fun of smash comes form the local multiplayer. Even if the online rocked you know that playing with your friends in the same room is a far better experience. Then they crammed this game full of awsome extras. I give it a 9.9/10 because I save the 10/10 for Pikmin 2

P.S. I play without items 95% of the time (again a tourney guy) However when I play smash with my younger cousins I make it more chance oriented so that they can win. (smart bombs and smash balls on high with sudden death) due to options this game can be as luck oriented or skill oriented as you choose. Matches are generally quick for switch offs and there is no split screen to make your screen too small. Smash Bros. Brawl is the best multiplayer game ever made!

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
It's a good game and I sort of like it,but it's far from perfect.An 8.5 from me.
Forumposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#35 Forumposter
Member since 2008 • 847 Posts
9/10 it was really good, but then it kept me wanting more and more characters
Mediocre_man90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Mediocre_man90
Member since 2006 • 968 Posts
it's fun, but I don't think it's anywhere near as good as Melee. They added too many characters that are completely unnecessary, too many clones of other characters, They messed with movesets that didn't need to be messed with, resulting in good moves getting replaced with useless ones (FLUDD? Why?), And the Smash balls range from completely unfair to pointless. They just changed too much that didn't need change. I'd give it a 7/10.
ice_radon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#37 ice_radon
Member since 2002 • 70464 Posts
I actually think that is is pretty bad for $50. Seriously, it was really not much of an improvement over Melee and for $50 dollars, I played it like 5 times and said... "whelp...its smash bros with sonic and snake... "
MarioXDLuigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MarioXDLuigi
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Love it.But I gave it a 9.5 because of online play
starfox15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#39 starfox15
Member since 2006 • 3988 Posts

Every once and a while I'll come upon a post stating how Melee was better or its their favorite version. I'm a diehard fan of Smash and to these ppl I ask the question: "Why?" They balanced almost every single character in Brawl! Melee was fun but it had some glaring balance issues that made the game not fun for everybody, I can't tell you how many times I've been told that Fox was cheap in melee. Yes he was. Broken is a better word, wavedash and down b sound familiar? Brawl is a great game, the only thing that I could say is strange about it is the clear and deliberate speed loss from Melee. I personally feel as though this was an improvement and that the game feels like it has a better grasp on physics because of this.

Anyways, yes I do really like Brawl. Aside from the incredibly awful online mode, this game is flawless.

the_wet_mop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 the_wet_mop
Member since 2006 • 7518 Posts

I personally think its one of the best games on the wii. That's not necessarily a good thing because I don't enjoy brawl as much as I enjoyed melee. I personally wish they kept all the characters the same and just added more, not take away. Between 1-10, what do you give brawl. If not a 10, please explain why(though you don't have to)staticdawg

im actually pretty happy with the new charachter balance. the easiest way to see this difference is to look at melee's top tier vs bottom tier and brawls. in melee, if you took on fox or falco with mewtwo you basically had no chance to win. in brawl you can take a low end charachter like gannon and at least compete with metaknight. balance still isnt perfect, but its come a long way.

AdRock92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 AdRock92
Member since 2007 • 1616 Posts
I'd say 10/10. SSE wasn't superb, but it was ten times better than Melee's (or any other fighting game's for that matter). Online is a really cool addition, especially with friends. It is a little laggy, but it's better than no online at all. I could go on about how much it added, but I've already made a blog about it here.
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#42 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
I dont like it as mush as i used to
mkDSpro63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#43 mkDSpro63
Member since 2006 • 781 Posts
8.5/10. It's a great game with a wide amount of content and superb pick-up-and-play gameplay, but it had what I call "been there, done that" syndrome. It wasn't fresh enough to set itself far away from Melee, which most of us played a lot of. But besides the agonizing SSE and the laggy, shallow online, I very much enjoyed multiplayer since day one and also enjoyed the extensive new character roster (fewer clones than melee, YAY!!).