Do you have faith in Skyward Sword?

• 81 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

I see a lot of hating on System Wars, and even other places. Of course you will always get tons of hate for praised series, but still. I cannot help but feel it is getting WAAAY too much hate :P. So what are your guys impressions so far and how much faith do you have in this game?

I honestly have a lot of faith in this title. I see so much done right and I think the haters are jumping to conclusions ;).

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
Cant vote any of those options yet, as there is nothing to substantiate any of them. I will simply say, I am excited about what is being done with Motion+, the look of the game and I'm eager to find out more i.e. Story
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 NaveedLife

Cant vote any of those options yet, as there is nothing to substantiate any of them. I will simply say, I am excited about what is being done with Motion+, the look of the game and I'm eager to find out more i.e. StorySepewrath

That's true. I was more doing it to see who here has faith and who has given up on it. But in all honesty, we have not seen any towns, NPC's, method(s) of transportation, and so on. So how can you really say the game is going to be trash? That is what makes Zelda games IMO. And I have a good feeling it will be great at all those things! Now I shouldn't jump to conlusions either, but who wouldnt rather be optomistic huh? :P

Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 5

#4 Namgis
Member since 2009 • 3592 Posts

It looks good so far.

I have faith that it will be great. After all, it should be. Or else what have they been doing?

I bought my Wii expressly for a true motion experience with Zelda. Not a port, good as it was. I want to believe that my investment in the console is/was worth it.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#5 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts
There's never been a (Nintendo-made) Zelda that I didn't like. I loved Ocarina of Time and I loved Majora's Mask; I loved Wind Waker and I loved Twilight Princess. I've loved both Zeldas that were hated on for being too familiar and Zeldas that were hated on for being too different. So it'd be pretty difficult, I imagine, for Skyward Sword not to follow suit. I'm pretty easy to please. :P
AmayaPapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#6 AmayaPapaya
Member since 2008 • 9029 Posts

Skyward Sword is looking really great so far. Although we have not been shown much, it looks great.I love the artstyIe. Probably the best the series has had so far.

wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
Just in the short video released they showed some new puzzle elements so I have faith. It has alot to live up to though.
MRBUCKMASTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MRBUCKMASTER
Member since 2010 • 758 Posts
Of course i do! Its a zelda game! Has there been a bad 3-D zelda game yet? no. And i don't think nintendo will ever let that happen.
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
great
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34655 Posts

I always have faith in Zelda. Nintendo haven't made a single bad Zelda game, and I don't see why they'd start now. While we haven't seen much at all of SS, what we've seen so far looks awesome, and it can only look awesomer in the future.

I'm slightly worried about the controls, if it's going to feel messy or not, but a certain user here (forgot your name, sorry)who've tried the early build of the game has pretty much laid that worry to rest. The only thing left to worry about is the overall feel of the game. I want charming characters, non-boring tasks, sidequests, great dungeons, sweet overworld, good story, good difficulty, etc.

I want the epicness of Wind Waker (that's probably asking too much) and an improvement over Twilight Princess, basically.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#12 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

We still don't know much about the game. Though the art direction and use of MotionPlus exclusively is what I wanted to see in the Wii-exclusive Zelda, so I'm happy with that.

We still have yet to see how the game is structured compared to past 3D Zelda titles. So, we don't know much. Though I prefer it that way. I'd rather know less so I'm not as hyped by the time it comes out. Hype really killed it for me with TP. I ended up disliking it a lot and I'm replaying it now and finding it better the second time around.

swiftsilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 swiftsilk
Member since 2010 • 117 Posts

Cumon its Zelda...Its going to be great! day 1 purchase and the reason why i still have my Wii

Wii4Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Wii4Fun
Member since 2008 • 1472 Posts

Easily up there with the best of the best.

I have no doubt that Nintendo will use the motion controls to make this game played in a different way to any other motion control game we've played before (even Red Steel 2).

This will be the game to set the motion control standard for motion games to come. 8)

It's going to be awesome! Okay...let me stop hyping now ( I don't like hyping games :P).

zeldaluff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 zeldaluff
Member since 2008 • 3387 Posts

I have faith in the game. I was originally surprised at the new style (and somewhat prejudiced because it was new and why fix what ain't broke?) but now that I've gotten over the inital dislike I think that there's no reason so far that I won't like it. I'm really looking forward to it actually.

tom95b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tom95b
Member since 2008 • 4999 Posts

It could end up as all of the choices in the poll. But I think this Zelda game will be just as awesome as the other ones.

1PMrFister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#17 1PMrFister
Member since 2010 • 3134 Posts
Of course I have faith, it's a major Zelda title. That means it's in the hands of some of the smartest developers in gaming, so it will be above-average at the very least.
LaytonsCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LaytonsCat
Member since 2010 • 3652 Posts

If you can't have faith in zelda theres very little you can have faith in

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 NaveedLife

We still don't know much about the game. Though the art direction and use of MotionPlus exclusively is what I wanted to see in the Wii-exclusive Zelda, so I'm happy with that.

We still have yet to see how the game is structured compared to past 3D Zelda titles. So, we don't know much. Though I prefer it that way. I'd rather know less so I'm not as hyped by the time it comes out. Hype really killed it for me with TP. I ended up disliking it a lot and I'm replaying it now and finding it better the second time around.

Haziqonfire

Yeah exactly! I think TP was the Zelda I followed the most (media coverage) and I hyped it SO much as being the best Zelda ever and therefore my favorite game ever, then I played it and although I thought it was great and had fun, I was dissapointed. Now I cannot wait to replay it and I think I am going to enjoy it much more. Part of Zelda is just experiencing the world and how unique and awesome each area is, so I cannot wait to do that in Skyward Sword :).

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#20 GamerForca
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts
I'm sure it'll be great. Can't really say HOW great it'll be until I know more about it..
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17833 Posts

slightly off topic but has the quick reply function stopped working for anyone else?

anywho im very confident in ninty delivering top quality for SS. there seems to be some concerns that there just turning it into a hack and slasher based off the latest trailer...but the latest trailer was supposed to demonstrate the improved combat (iwata mentioned it before showing at the conference).....so a focus on combat for that trailer is expected.

the only concern i have is that interface (the controller on the screen). i hope its just placeholder stuff for testing or something before they release the final product. it probably is.

other than that...it looks great (though, like WW, i suspect the visuals will divide the populace again. i always get a chuckle when people moan about it not being dark and moody), sounds great and it looks to play very nicely (though we wont know until we get our mits on it).

i didnt like the DS zeldas mind. they werent fundimentally broken (most of what they did was top notch) but they made 2 game breaking mistakes. PH had that blasted repeating dungeon and STs enemy trains were a lesson in annoyance imho. i much preferred taking on random enemies and such like on the tracks without stopping and waiting to see the pattern of those ghost trains. if they were killable then kewl...but they werent and it was one hit kill. tacky.

i just hope ninty dont make a big mistake like that. they probably wont though. overall im confident that they will deliver excellence accross the board in SS.

TheColbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TheColbert
Member since 2008 • 3846 Posts
I haven't seen enough to make any type of conclusion on where will be on the Zelda scale but it looks good so far.
WllDan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 WllDan7
Member since 2004 • 2581 Posts

I have faith that it could be one of the best in the series but after the E3 showing last year, a lot of my hype faded or the 3ds just took it. Whatever the reason I still will get it when it comes out. And hopefully this E3 they can bring me back to were I normally would feel about a zelda game.

SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts

I don't think it is going to be any better than Twilight Princess, however I love TP despite the fact it is probably the weaker of all the 3D Zelda's (excluding phantom hourglass and the other ds one). I think the comments in SW were due to the fact the game is getting compared to games like Skyrim, I don't think this Zelda is going to be comparable to be honest (a lot of the leaps the series needs to make require some more power under the hood).

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 NaveedLife

I don't think it is going to be any better than Twilight Princess, however I love TP despite the fact it is probably the weaker of all the 3D Zelda's (excluding phantom hourglass and the other ds one). I think the comments in SW were due to the fact the game is getting compared to games like Skyrim, I don't think this Zelda is going to be comparable to be honest (a lot of the leaps the series needs to make require some more power under the hood).

SapSacPrime

Just out of curiousity, what makes you think it won't be any better than TP (which was still an awesome game)? Honestly I don't have much to prove that it WILL be better, but from what we have heard and seen I honestly believe it will be, and might beat other zelda's as well. Maybe I am too hopeful, but I feel it will bring back the charm that TP lacked, and it appears to have a musical instrument (the harp), which is already a huge plus in my book.

SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts

[QUOTE="SapSacPrime"]

NaveedLife

Just out of curiousity, what makes you think it won't be any better than TP (which was still an awesome game)? Honestly I don't have much to prove that it WILL be better, but from what we have heard and seen I honestly believe it will be, and might beat other zelda's as well. Maybe I am too hopeful, but I feel it will bring back the charm that TP lacked, and it appears to have a musical instrument (the harp), which is already a huge plus in my book.

Its based of nothing its just my current outlook, hopefully it is just me not setting my standards too high so Im not disappointed. I actually hold TP up as one of this gens best games so it isn't really an insult to SS, I know a lot of people were disappointed with it but I enjoyed TP.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#27 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
I'm not excited in any way about what I've seen so far, but I'm willing to give them some benefit of the doubt before the game comes out. I guess I'm indifferent.
Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Bobbles
Member since 2003 • 11678 Posts
I think it looks very promising. I'm liking the art style more and more with each view and the way they are using the controls looks excellent. The story is one big part of the game that needs to be interesting though and we hardly know anything about that.
AlmightyDerek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 AlmightyDerek
Member since 2002 • 4144 Posts

I see a lot of hating on System Wars, and even other places. Of course you will always get tons of hate for praised series, but still. I cannot help but feel it is getting WAAAY too much hate :P. So what are your guys impressions so far and how much faith do you have in this game?

I honestly have a lot of faith in this title. I see so much done right and I think the haters are jumping to conclusions ;).

NaveedLife
A remedy for that would be not to go in the Systems Wars forum. There really isn't any intelligent conversation going on, just people arguing over unimportant things because they have nothing else to do. Also on topic, we don't know much yet, but I don't see any reason it won't be amazing like every other Zelda. I can't wait for it.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

No I don't

Twilight Princess was awful and Sports Resort still isn't as responsive as it should be

Skyward sword looks like it borrows from Twilight Princess too much and the combat wont be fluid

I wish we could have a WindWaker style game but Nintendo wont put that style on the console.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

I'm just hoping it recaptures the charm of LttP in 3d, if it does I'll be happy, I'm not really hyping it because I don't want to be disappointed lol

fmacraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 fmacraze
Member since 2007 • 5658 Posts
yur pole is so biased. do you think its super awesome, fantastic. great, or crap?
drufeous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 drufeous
Member since 2004 • 2535 Posts

I'm on the fence with this as I don't have the Wii and am either getting a Wii for this or a 3DS and am really leaning on the 3DS. But I've never missed a Zelda game so probably will end up with a Wii and 3DS in the end as I really can't wait for this game.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 NaveedLife

yur pole is so biased. do you think its super awesome, fantastic. great, or crap? fmacraze

It is not biased, I said an average Zelda game, which would probably be around an 8.0 to an 8.5 on GS, which is "Great" according to the scores. Crap would be anything below an 8.0 as it is Zelda and that just is not possible :P.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#35 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
the worst i think it could get is a conservative zelda game, which would still be a great game overall.
Kojo222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Kojo222
Member since 2005 • 1301 Posts
I honestly am having trouble getting excited for this game. Besides the visual style and a few new items, I don't feel like there's enough to set this game apart from what we've seen. When TP was introduced, we had Midna and the whole wolf thing. For WindWaker we were shown a sea-faring adventure and Toon Link. This is the first time I feel like we're not being given something different enough to justify a new game. Of course, these are just my feelings as of now. I'm sure there's a factor we haven't seen that will make it really stand out. I just hope we're shown more variety in enemies and story elements soon. And I REALLY hope they give us a way to get rid of that horribly intrusive HUD.
sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#37 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

No I don't

Twilight Princess was awful and Sports Resort still isn't as responsive as it should be

Skyward sword looks like it borrows from Twilight Princess too much and the combat wont be fluid

I wish we could have a WindWaker style game but Nintendo wont put that style on the console.

Jaysonguy

What exactly is a Windwaker style game?

I found the combat to be the most fluid in TP compared to all other Zelda's before it. In fact, it's undoubtedly the best Zelda. Huge campaign, great art design (albeit last gen graphics... that were still fantastic), tons of innovation in weapons and level design, huge 35+ hour campaign, easily doubled with all the sidequests, and a good story.

I think TP lacked in the sound department, that was my major complaint.

That said, Windwaker was great too, do not get me wrong. But TP's combat system worked just as well as Windwaker's, and then added a ton of other "moves", something really not seen in a Zelda game.

But all these combat issues get thrown out the window with Skyward Sword because it's M+. So as long as the game is responsive, the combat will be all on you.

And yeah, Wii sports resort wasn't amazing in the sword fighting department. However, SS has been in development for years upon years and it seems that everything in the game revolves around M+ (the enemy shield gets cut in different directions, puzzle pieces are moved via M+, swinging your sword in different directions to unlock doors, moving an eye, etc.). We should be all super excited about a breakthrough like this.

And we know, as Nintendo fans, Zelda + Nintendo = Guaranteed Greatness, at least gameplay wise.

Personally, I'm still skeptical about the lack of voice acting and the art style hasn't convinced me just yet.

Tri-Enforcer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Tri-Enforcer
Member since 2007 • 1899 Posts

I like the concept of what Nintendo is trying to do with motion plus for this game. So far SS has the potential to have the best implementation of Motion plus than any other Wii game that uses motion plus (we'll see once we play for ourselves). Zelda has always been about gameplay and Nintendo's really trying to enhance the gameplay with motion plus, so far it sounds good on paper and from the look of the recent trailer. But once again...the best judgement would be to play it to determine if motion plus adds to or detracts from the experience.

As far as the visuals go...I was never of fan of the cel shaded look of this game. However, it still looks good but I won't pay too much into the visual aspect. I think the story and gameplay are the factors that will save this game for me. Plus it's Zelda! If I was able to get over Wind Waker being cel shaded and actually enjoying it...I can get over the visual style for SS.

xXTalismanXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 xXTalismanXx
Member since 2008 • 916 Posts

There's never been a (Nintendo-made) Zelda that I didn't like. I loved Ocarina of Time and I loved Majora's Mask; I loved Wind Waker and I loved Twilight Princess. I've loved both Zeldas that were hated on for being too familiar and Zeldas that were hated on for being too different. So it'd be pretty difficult, I imagine, for Skyward Sword not to follow suit. I'm pretty easy to please. :PGabuEx

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#40 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
it's zelda and it plays awesome. why would i complain?
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
I guess we can't choose any of the options yet... But I have a lot of hope for SS. Anyway, I doubt that it will top WW, TP, or 4SA.
knuckl3head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 knuckl3head
Member since 2009 • 908 Posts

I'm loving the art design and the idea of M+ very much intrigues me. I'm hopeful for the awesomeness I can't help but expect.

chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts

I don't know on that. Is it because I'm burned on video games in general but I'm not really excited on this game? I can't wait to play it but I'm not that hyped. The art is great and the gameplay seems to be great. I know I'll get it since I'm a Zelda fan. I have faith that it's going to be awesome. I really think that I'm going to give up on video games very soon.

Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Meinhard1
Member since 2010 • 6790 Posts
Yeah but it's definitely faith', I have yet to see anything too exciting. The controls look fun but it's going to be the locations and story that draw me in (trailer-wise) and so far the locations look really standard Zelda - forest, lava, etc and not enough is known about the story.
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
Its Zelda, it always has a good chance of being the best game ever made, though its impossible to tell until it is actually released.
Gohansephiroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Gohansephiroth
Member since 2005 • 9871 Posts

I definitely have faith in the game, but I am going to keep my expectations in check. Many seem to think this will be the zelda that drastically changes up the formula when it probably wont be, they did say they were working on pacing changes and other aspects but miyamoto went on record saying "it wont be that different" so I'm not going to expect anything more than standard zelda fare and awesomeness. I just hope people keep that in mind since it seems most had built up ridiculous expectations for TP and now since they were let down by their own hype that game gets blasted on a regular basis for not being what they had hoped, so heres hoping SS doesn't suffer from that fate and people can just enjoy it for what it is.

vguy555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 vguy555
Member since 2007 • 4625 Posts

Yes, I have faith in this game and I really hope it turns out great because it's the only Wii game I'm looking forward to right now.

Niff_T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Niff_T
Member since 2007 • 6052 Posts

Honestly, no.

After the disappointment that was TP and seeing the current videos of SS, I'm not impressed. Looks like more TP with a slight change in look and controls.

JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

Always bet on zelda

Enforcedspot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Enforcedspot
Member since 2010 • 2915 Posts

yes i have faith in Skyward Sword the new trailer got me excited.