Do any of you still play?

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thegame1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 thegame1980
Member since 2006 • 2194 Posts
So I've had my Nintendo Wii for like 8 months or more now and the first few months were cool, but now I RARELY play it. I have WiiFit, Super Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros Brawl and Resident Evil and I haven't even started playing ANY of them since I got it. I dabbled with each a little but I rarely turn mine on. I even have a Gamefly subscription and I have NO Wii games in my lineup. I just wanted to see how many others still play theirs or if the fad wore off?
TAKE_IT_BACK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 TAKE_IT_BACK
Member since 2008 • 3850 Posts

Your asking this in the wii forum... what do you expect peoples responses to be?

i play it regularly.

Durhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 Durhamster
Member since 2007 • 859 Posts
Try No more Heroes and Metroid Prime 3. Both excellent games for the Wii
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#4 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

I haven't played my Wii that much in recent history, but that's because I haven't played video games as a whole that much in recent history due to being busy with other stuff.

Why did you get games and then didn't play them? It seems to me that it's kind of a given that if you don't play the games then you won't enjoy them. :P

AdRock92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 AdRock92
Member since 2007 • 1616 Posts

...or if the fad wore off?thegame1980

Fad?

I still play my wii regularly. I have so many games I need to beat. Try Okami, I'm having a blast with it.

toadster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#6 toadster101
Member since 2006 • 12622 Posts
Meh, I still play it everyday. That's because I have a lot of games.
ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
I only play Smash nowadays and occasionally bring out Mario Kart to compete in the tournaments. I want to finish MP3 but I am completely lost as to where I am. I started playing it a week before smash came out and just recently picked it up because I must beat it. :? I think I'm at the part where you go back to places and collect things (batteries? cells?) and all the environments and rooms are all foreign to me. :P but yea, the only game I ever feel like playing is Smash and I play that in between the stuff I do the rest of the day. Wii Sports also comes out occasionally.
Durhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Durhamster

[QUOTE="thegame1980"]...or if the fad wore off?AdRock92

Fad?

I still play my wii regularly. I have so many games I need to beat. Try Okami, I'm having a blast with it.

Nintendo already has proven that the Wii is not a fad. Probably the best point they made in thier Press conference at E3

Mike_Camp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Mike_Camp
Member since 2005 • 103 Posts
I haven't played mine in the last 2 weeks now. I'm waiting on some good games to come out.
Durhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Durhamster

I only play Smash nowadays and occasionally bring out Mario Kart to compete in the tournaments. I want to finish MP3 but I am completely lost as to where I am. I started playing it a week before smash came out and just recently picked it up because I must beat it. :? I think I'm at the part where you go back to places and collect things (batteries? cells?) and all the environments and rooms are all foreign to me. :P but yea, the only game I ever feel like playing is Smash and I play that in between the stuff I do the rest of the day. Wii Sports also comes out occasionally.ZumaJones07

The batteries part slows down a lot of people. Just check out an online guide (not one of those crappy Prima ones). I needed to use one to find the last one for me.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#11 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

I played mine yesterday -- beating Rival Swords.

I usually play mine everyday.

juiceboxhero_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 juiceboxhero_x
Member since 2008 • 57 Posts

Well, you're not going to enjoy your games if you've never played them; that much I can tell you. Most people that play the Wii that I know of don't really consider it a fad either. It's a system with innovative ideas, but that doesn't make it a fad.

I play mine pretty regularly, though it's been mostly GC games recently since we're going through a little drought of money. =p

TheSmitto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 TheSmitto
Member since 2008 • 1898 Posts
I still play all the time, but that's probably because its the only console I own.:P
pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#14 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts
I haven`t played it much because I was focusing on some DS and N64 games but after I beat Banjo-Tooie I will start playing Brawl and Mario Kart and perhaps I will also redo Super Paper Mario.
dragonball3900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dragonball3900
Member since 2005 • 8511 Posts
I've been playing games a lot this last week, writing reviews is tough business.
famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
I play Smash and Mario Kart daily. I play Metal Slug Anthology, WiiSports, and Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games at least a few times a week with my family. I'm going to start Zack and Wiki and Twilight Princess again as soon as I'm finished with my Dreamcast games. I also just bought Link's Crossbow Training. I'm happy as hell with my Wii.
cheesenuggets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 cheesenuggets
Member since 2007 • 504 Posts
no 360 all the way
remblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 remblade
Member since 2003 • 537 Posts
I play mine almost everyday, I just started playing MP3 over again, I forgot how good it was.
-starman-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 -starman-
Member since 2008 • 2822 Posts

ever since getting my Game Access subscription I've been playing my Wii more than ever. I'm not afraid of playing bad or short games because I know I have more coming, so I rent pretty much anything GameSpot gives a 5.0 or higher.

have you played Zack & Wiki? I'm playing it now, and am absolutely hooked.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 haziqonfire

no 360 all the waycheesenuggets

You = Go Here

mgs_maniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 430

#21 mgs_maniac
Member since 2006 • 882 Posts

I play with it every day

Now im trying to Finish Super paper Mario and Sonic and the secret rings

NormanOfTorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 NormanOfTorn
Member since 2006 • 374 Posts
I only own Smash Bros. Brawl and Super Paper Maio now because I sold all of my games except those two and I just recently got an Xbox 360 so I've been using that more often. I am sure I will be playing my Wii more once I get some new games like Animal Crossing City Folk, The Conduit, and Call of Duty 5, but those games are a few months off, so I will most likely be playing my Xbox 360 more often.
Jonnyd108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Jonnyd108
Member since 2005 • 286 Posts
I almost always play my 360. My Wii is collecting dust..
masterhalo43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24 masterhalo43
Member since 2008 • 257 Posts
I have both ps3 and wii,but the only times i play is when i have company over. We usually play brawl and mario kart. THATS IT! I usually play my ps3 for all the better games.
BubbyJello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BubbyJello
Member since 2007 • 2750 Posts

I play mine pretty much everyday. What you need to do is buy games. A lot of the time when people say they barely ever play thier Wii, they only have like 2-6 games.

I have more then 26 Wii games, plus many WiiWare and VC games. Also, my neighbor has a Wii, and I borrow games off of him alot.

Ruhdezee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 Ruhdezee
Member since 2007 • 975 Posts
i play mine like 6 times a week for about and hour and a half per sitting
comeon123987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 comeon123987
Member since 2007 • 118 Posts
I play it a lor

Photobucket

Photobucket

poopmasta__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 poopmasta__
Member since 2008 • 76 Posts

I don't play video games a lot any more I have been spending time with my smokin hot girlfriend. Trust me it is way better then video games, but sometimes smash when my friends come over I think I will be playing it more when GH world tour comes out just maybe my girlfriend will play

poopmasta__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 poopmasta__

I don't play video games a lot any more I have been spending time with my smokin hot girlfriend. Trust me it is way better then video games, but sometimes smash when my friends come over I think I will be playing it more when GH world tour comes out just maybe my girlfriend will play

poopmasta__

with me

red_sovereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 red_sovereign
Member since 2007 • 1936 Posts

i play everyday. smash keeps me occupied, okami for the adventure itch. plus i got some gnarly gc titles so my system is always on hardcore mode:D

sux for you though dude

lokokrema94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#31 lokokrema94
Member since 2007 • 48 Posts
I play with my wii a lot, i'm playing scarface, no more heroes, mario kart wii, PoP:rival swords; all of them are really good games
KiIIgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 KiIIgore
Member since 2008 • 193 Posts
Haven't played it much recently, but that is because of my DS (FF IV!!!!). I do plan on picking back up my Wiimote soon though; like after the addictiveness of FF IV wears off.
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#33 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

Your asking this in the wii forum... what do you expect peoples responses to be?

i play it regularly.

TAKE_IT_BACK

From past threads it looks like about half the people say that they don't play the Wii, even in the Wii forum.

I still play it. I only bought it a few months ago so I still have games to play. But because the games are all only single player, I have no way of talking to friends (nor do I have friends on the Wii), and there is very little coming out that interests me I will not be playing it much soon.

Jdog30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Jdog30
Member since 2008 • 4509 Posts
[QUOTE="AdRock92"]

[QUOTE="thegame1980"]...or if the fad wore off?Durhamster

Fad?

Nintendo already has proven that the Wii is not a fad. Probably the best point they made in thier Press conference at E3

yeah!, and i play mine probly every 1, 2 , or 3 days
Kuhu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Kuhu
Member since 2004 • 2845 Posts
I play mine every day or two. If you get bored with the Wii, all you have to do is buy another game. Its the same with any other system; You get bored of it, you buy more games.
Avatar image for Shadow_Slayer22
Shadow_Slayer22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Shadow_Slayer22
Member since 2006 • 47 Posts
I just hooked mine up today and played it for the first time in two months
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 haziqonfire
I play mine every day or two. If you get bored with the Wii, all you have to do is buy another game. Its the same with any other system; You get bored of it, you buy more games. Kuhu

There is nothing exciting to get until late 2008 now, for all the consoles.
Keyblade_150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Keyblade_150
Member since 2007 • 558 Posts
I played it loads when i first got it, then i didnt for a month or two, and lately i've been playing loads (and i have a ps3), two days ago i spent 4.15 minutes on it, as it's the summer holidays XD
gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11998 Posts

I still play when I have time. I have a PC and other consoles as well as a job and a dog. I am busy but I still got time every once in a while.

I love the console, it is one of N's best.

TAKE_IT_BACK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TAKE_IT_BACK
Member since 2008 • 3850 Posts
[QUOTE="TAKE_IT_BACK"]

i play it regularly.

Legolas_Katarn

From past threads it looks like about half the people say that they don't play the Wii, even in the Wii forum.

I still play it. I only bought it a few months ago so I still have games to play. But because the games are all only single player, I have no way of talking to friends (nor do I have friends on the Wii), and there is very little coming out that interests me I will not be playing it much soon.

Then why are they in the wii forum?:?

link027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 link027
Member since 2008 • 1110 Posts
The wii really is not a fad and I still play mine and really have no need for a 360 or ps3.
Vriess12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Vriess12
Member since 2008 • 89 Posts
Still play it quite a bit, Super Mario Galaxy is an amazing game. Brawl is the best fighter ever imo. The VC keeps changing, the wii is as great as consoles get.
Niff_T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Niff_T
Member since 2007 • 6052 Posts

Not much, I only play it when my one friend comes over and that is only about once a month or so...

Besides that, I just got a PSP, so I've been playing that more than any console recently.

thegame1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#44 thegame1980
Member since 2006 • 2194 Posts

I haven't played my Wii that much in recent history, but that's because I haven't played video games as a whole that much in recent history due to being busy with other stuff.

Why did you get games and then didn't play them? It seems to me that it's kind of a given that if you don't play the games then you won't enjoy them. :P

GabuEx

Well I got them cause they were the BIG and BEST titles to have but I always found myslef playing something else before playing the games on Wii like a PSP game or Xbox 360 game.

poopmasta__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 poopmasta__
Me and my smokin hot girl friend are playing smash bros right now the last time I played video games was about 3 weeks a go.
sprymantis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 sprymantis
Member since 2008 • 35 Posts
they get boring because they always have mario gmes out
XBebop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 XBebop
Member since 2003 • 1414 Posts

I don't play mine very often BUT that's not because of a lack of good games, it's my unwillingness to make time to play them.

I currently play WoW and Counter-Strike 1.6, and I'm training for a marathon. When I'm not doing any of those, I'm chatting with friends online/looking up news/posting on forums. Simply not enough time to play a lot of Wii...

I still haven't finished SMG(76 stars), SSBB, SPM, RE4(scared), MP3(got stuck), and Twilight Princess(stuck) even though I love all of them.

red_sovereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 red_sovereign
Member since 2007 • 1936 Posts

I don't play mine very often BUT that's not because of a lack of good games, it's my unwillingness to make time to play them.

I currently play WoW and Counter-Strike 1.6, and I'm training for a marathon. When I'm not doing any of those, I'm chatting with friends online/looking up news/posting on forums. Simply not enough time to play a lot of Wii...

I still haven't finished SMG(76 stars), SSBB, SPM, RE4(scared), MP3(got stuck), and Twilight Princess(stuck) even though I love all of them.

XBebop

XBebop
"re4(scared)", lol and true! "mp3(stuck)", very true and ign online strategy guides are wonderous!
samus_user

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 samus_user
Member since 2008 • 81 Posts

or if the fad wore off?thegame1980

whoa whoa whoa hold up i play mine regularly but sometimes i will drop it for a while a play just my ds

then i'll switch back