Destructoid thinks DSi VC could be coming, as soon as next week

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

http://www.destructoid.com/rumortoid-dsi-to-get-gameboy-gba-downloads-133750.phtml

of course this is just a rumor, but it is possible Nintendo will announce it at their press conference and let it be available shortly after that

thoughts?

wiidskirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 wiidskirby
Member since 2008 • 1317 Posts

If that happened, I wouldn't care what they did for the rest of the conference.

Although, I would like a release date for Mario and Luigi RPG 3.

korino55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 korino55
Member since 2008 • 587 Posts

I've been waiting for the downloads for a while; it was actually a key point in my decisionto buy. I just hope they release games that intrest me. I've kept my GBA, and I'd rather buy a hard copy then a download if possible.

meiaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 meiaman
Member since 2006 • 3300 Posts

I`m pretty sure a certain person *cough* Jaysonguy *cough* will show up here saying that this is a big lie and no VC will be put on the DSi and people should convince themselves that the DSi is just a DS lite with a camera and without the GBA slot.

How i know this stuff? I dunno, i guess i`m a psychic. :roll:

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#5 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

It's not a bad assumption. After all, it would make for a pretty big E3 announcement. But seeing as this a rumor currently, it's highly possible that this won't happen.

Which probably wouldn't be the best idea considering how many people want it. The Virtual Console service would probably be hugely successful on the DSi, which, of course, would result in them making even more money. And I don't see Nintendo passing up a chance to do that.

OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

I think that would be pretty awesome.

Hikaru_Isamu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#7 Hikaru_Isamu
Member since 2005 • 148 Posts
That would be amazing.
wiidskirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 wiidskirby
Member since 2008 • 1317 Posts

The only problem I can think of is that they would have Pokemon Silver and Gold available for $8 or less, when they were planning on selling the remakes for about $35. And I'd wonder if they would include Red and FireRed...

To Meiaman, you might want to check out that cough, you might have swine flu.

Hegna1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Hegna1
Member since 2007 • 6118 Posts

The only problem I can think of is that they would have Pokemon Silver and Gold available for $8 or less, when they were planning on selling the remakes for about $35. And I'd wonder if they would include Red and FireRed...

To Meiaman, you might want to check out that cough, you might have swine flu.

wiidskirby
They won't include every game on a VC, I know the Wii VC doesn't have every earlier game on it. They don't have to release a game that can cost them sales.
Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

I`m pretty sure a certain person *cough* Jaysonguy *cough* will show up here saying that this is a big lie and no VC will be put on the DSi and people should convince themselves that the DSi is just a DS lite with a camera and without the GBA slot.

How i know this stuff? I dunno, i guess i`m a psychic. :roll:

meiaman

yea, he's busy with a thread he made in the Wii Forums, i'd love to see him here if he can contribute something, yes this is pure rumor, but it could happen.

the DSi can emulate them, infact the problem with the Intellivision DSiware game not being out yet is Nintendo doesn't want emulation on the DSi, therefore it can be done, they just don't want it.

I think the rule of thumb is you need a faster CPU and 10 times as much RAM as the original console game you're trying to emulate, i think. i could be incredibly wrong though. So DSi beats GBA 133Mhz to 33Mhz, and has 16MB RAM where as GBA had what 128kb of RAM? i dunno

I hope at e3 they announce more about DSi enhanced game cards, and the exclsuive DSi game cards.

coz, they are coming, DSi only games. I want to know when they will start using the CPU power, when they'll start using the extra RAM (and how much VRAM the DSi has its never been confirmed) I mean seriously when they do roll out DSi exclusive games (and they said they will they have the game cards prepared, will these game cards be 256MB? or more?) those DSi only retail games will use the DSi's CPU and the DSi's RAM, so it should show in some way a improvement over DS lite games, some people on this baord think the scrolling menu of the DSi requires 66mhz CPU usage and 12MB RAM at all times. because even though the app for the browser, camera, music, isn't open and you're playing another piece of software apparently those things that are off use all that extra power , i doubt the OS of the DSi needs that much power, why would Nintendo reduce the battery life so much for an OS?

i like how people say the DSi's improved hardware can never be used for games, because games are software, the browser/camera is software and it needs the 133Mhz and 16MB to run and i'm pretty sure they're pushing it to the limit, so games are software so is the browser, ... see where i'm going?

all software designed for the DSi can use the CPU, RAM, or whatever inside the DSi to its disposal. some people think certain software can't. but this will start an arguement, i've already said way too much

on topic: I'd love to see this, but i won't die without it. I've played all the GBA games i need, but i'd love to see some GB/GBC games

RedMarzBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RedMarzBoy
Member since 2004 • 1298 Posts

that would make me buy a dsi. i bought a new dsl today and passed on the dsi because to me the dsi ware is weak right now and id rather have the gba bc.