mk_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 mk_1
Member since 2017 • 35 Posts

Personally, I've never played a dark souls game and I'm quite interested. Anyone a long time fan of the series and looking forward to picking this up on the Switch?

At least there's a beta test to try the game before committing to a purchase.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

i think you will enjoy it very much if you are a fan of dying in games.

by that i mean. like resident evil. you die a lot in those games. dark souls is a return to that style of difficulty.

the atmosphere is great and dark. if you like adrk horror type games with difficulty like resient evil then you should love it.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17817 Posts

as someone who doesn't like the series i would still recommend everyone to try it. i can see the appeal of them...they just arent for me. but if you like it them then you will really like them and get many ours of enjoyment out of them. also go in as blind as you can, keep and open mind and give it some time. it may not click immediately.

Clefdefa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#4 Clefdefa
Member since 2017 • 750 Posts

I think I will get it on the Switch but I know the PS4 and X1 will have better framerate.

I've played Bloodborne as my first Soulborne game and it was brutal. Ninja Gaiden/Contra on the NES brutal.

In those game you have to have patience because everything can kill you in a matter of seconds if you go in like you play an action game.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts

Must have, always wanted to play this series--but know I wont be able to commit a lot of time to it on the 360/PS4. With the Switch I can pick it up and play it in short spurts and whenever I have a chance i.e. traveling

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

It's not a must-have for me, but I don't enjoy uber-difficult games to begin with. Every time I buy them I end up playing them for two days, getting frustrated, and never touching them again. I'd say try a demo first, if you like the difficulty then of course it's a must-play.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

Dark souls is one of the best game I've ever played, it's also one of the hardest. You will need to be persistent.

If you ever played an 80's arcade game, it's harder than that.