COD: Modern Warfare Coming To The Wii !!!

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hoodstock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Hoodstock
Member since 2008 • 2050 Posts

Haven't seen it announced but I just found this on Gamespot. Calll of Duty 4: Modern Warfare will be released on the Wii when Modern Warfare 2 comes out on the other consoles. It will be the first Modern Warfare game, but it's still exciting news on the Wii. The game will have online play with 16 players (twice the amout of World At War). It also mentions 1-4 players, so I'm assuming there will be co-op mode online.

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/callofduty4modernwarfare/tech_info.html?tag=tabs;summary

Here are the specs:

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Tech Info

Publisher: Activision Developer: Treyarch Genre: Modern First-Person Shooter Release Date: Nov 10, 2009 ESRB: MATURE ESRB Descriptors: Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Strong Language

Game Information

Resolution: Widescreen Sound: Dolby Digital 5.1 Offline Modes: Competitive, Team Oriented Online Modes: Team Oriented Number of Players: 1-4 Number of Online Players: 16 Online

pjrulez312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 pjrulez312
Member since 2009 • 195 Posts

i cant wait for it- i hope its better than COD 5 though

StarkJJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 StarkJJ
Member since 2004 • 534 Posts

Holy cow!! No way!! If this is true...thank you Activision!! I will gladly look forward to this even though I have MW on 360. Excellent news if true.

its_a_username

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 its_a_username
Member since 2009 • 598 Posts

its probably gonna suck

Chojuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Chojuto
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts
O: split-screen co-op? Awesome!!!
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Holy cow!! No way!! If this is true...thank you Infinity Ward!! I will gladly look forward to this even though I have MW on 360. Excellent news if true.

StarkJJ

Thank you Infinity Ward. No way. Thank you Treyarch!

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 moltenix
Member since 2008 • 2487 Posts

Holy cow!! No way!! If this is true...thank you Infinity Ward!! I will gladly look forward to this even though I have MW on 360. Excellent news if true.

StarkJJ

You'd be delusional to think that Infinity Ward would want to bother doing anything for the Wii. :lol:

This is Activision milking yet another franchise. Hopefully though, it'll be an improvement over the CoD:WaW port. I won't be buying it though.

StarkJJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 StarkJJ
Member since 2004 • 534 Posts

[QUOTE="StarkJJ"]

Vari3ty

Thank you Infinity Ward. No way. Thank you Treyarch!

Just saw that! Changed it to Activision...lol. Strange that Treyarch is doing it instead of Infinity Ward, but they did a nice job with WaW so I'm not worried.

shoryuken_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 shoryuken_
Member since 2009 • 3420 Posts

There's already another topic on this, but anyways.. :P

I'm interested, but not sold on this game yet. It better have some crazy improvements over WaW (specifically online). Also, it better not be a full $50, because it is a 2 year old port. Anyways, Treyarch has the potential to make this the best fps on Wii (gtfo Conduit!)

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Vari3ty

No kidding. The Conduit was an epic fail.

Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Englando_IV
Member since 2008 • 4334 Posts

[QUOTE="StarkJJ"]

moltenix

You'd be delusional to think that Infinity Ward would want to bother doing anything for the Wii. :lol:

This is Activision milking yet another franchise. Hopefully though, it'll be an improvement over the CoD:WaW port. I won't be buying it though.

I think Infinity Ward has some sort of dignity.
moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 moltenix
Member since 2008 • 2487 Posts

I think Infinity Ward has some sort of dignity.Englando_IV

If only the same could be said for Activision...

tom95b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 tom95b
Member since 2008 • 4999 Posts

Wow, it's nice to see it have both co-op and competitive split-screen multiplayer. If they're good, and the online is good as well, I'm going to buy this.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#14 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41566 Posts
They'd better not screw Inf. Ward's game up. Becuase I feel Activision is making a big enough mistake announcing the Wii version two years late.
XDXDXDXDXDXDXD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 XDXDXDXDXDXDXD
Member since 2007 • 2399 Posts
Awesome, I sucked at playing Modern Warfare with the 360 controller so maybe I'd have a better chance here. I just hope it won't be watered-down since it is a port.
runekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 runekey
Member since 2008 • 697 Posts

This is horrible. Yet again the Wii gets a late, crappy port and you guys are going nuts for it!! You shouldnt support it, maybe then they'll release games on the wii on time.

Wikipedian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Wikipedian
Member since 2007 • 1100 Posts

I want to see screenshots and a press release first

Hoodstock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Hoodstock

its probably gonna suck

its_a_username

No, The Conduit sucks. This was game of the year 2007. If they port it like COD: WAW I'm sure it will be fantastic on the Wii!

jmangafan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jmangafan
Member since 2004 • 1933 Posts

I'm interested, but not sold on this game yet. It better have some crazy improvements over WaW (specifically online). Also, it better not be a full $50, because it is a 2 year old port. Anyways, Treyarch has the potential to make this the best fps on Wii (gtfo Conduit!)

shoryuken_
Isn't CoD4 STILL around $40-$50 in stores?
Hoodstock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Hoodstock

This is horrible. Yet again the Wii gets a late, crappy port and you guys are going nuts for it!! You shouldnt support it, maybe then they'll release games on the wii on time.

runekey

Why are you stuck on timing. If a game is good than it is good. I'm sure this game will be great on the wii and it will be new to the wii people who play it.

Hoodstock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Hoodstock

shoryuken_

Yes, a poorly written topic, with no information except what the game is and everyone complaining about it. Discuss...

This thread is for people interested in the game.

Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22 Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts

runekey

Amazingly enough, I agree. I fail to see anything here worth getting hyped about. Not only is this game a two year old port that's being developed by a different developer altogether, but the fact that it's coming out around the same time its sequel is hitting the other systems (DS included) feels like an insult. If Activision was going to take this route, I would had preferred to at least seen a game built ground-up for the system. People are allowed to get excited about whatever, but I just can't see anything to get excited about. It feels like a simple hand-me-down, while everyone else gets the new stuff. :|

Hoodstock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Hoodstock

[QUOTE="runekey"]

Madmangamer364

Amazingly enough, I agree. I fail to see anything here worth getting hyped about. Not only is this game a two year old port that's being developed by a different developer altogether, but the fact that it's coming out around the same time its sequel is hitting the other systems (DS included) feels like an insult. If Activision was going to take this route, I would had preferred to at least seen a game built ground-up for the system. People are allowed to get excited about whatever, but I just can't see anything to get excited about. It feels like a simple hand-me-down, while everyone else gets the new stuff. :|

After buying The Conduit a hand-me-down of a fantastic FPS game that will be a lot of fun is welcome in my eyes!

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
I will eat part of a sock if this has 16 players.
xfactor19990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 xfactor19990
Member since 2004 • 10917 Posts
well if its a port of MW then you guys are in for one heck of treat that single player was by far one of my favorite shooters it felt so epic, and made you care. enjoy!
dkrustyklown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dkrustyklown
Member since 2009 • 2387 Posts

What's with all the hate?

This is GOOD news for the Wii. I enjoyed Treyarch's adaptation of World at War, immensely. The wiimote lends itself beautifully to the game. The engine works just fine on the Wii (see World at War). I look forward to modern warfare and I'm sure that I will be purchasing it. So what if the game came out years ago on other systems? I never picked it up for my PC and the only console I own is a Wii, so IT'S NEW TO ME.

If you don't plan on purchasing the Wii edition, that's fine, but don't go deriding a game that many people WILL purchase & enjoy. Sometimes I get the impression that some people are just waiting on any little thing to pounce at to either make the Wii look bad or make themselves look "macho". Seriously, folks, check yourselves.

striking_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 striking_
Member since 2009 • 583 Posts

Damn Treyarc is developing this I keep hoping IW will do somthing for the wii after all they still have the CoD2 engine which I think would work on wii, oh well if it turns out as good WaW then I will add it to my christmas wish list.

Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Madmangamer364

What's with all the hate?

This is GOOD news for the Wii. I enjoyed Treyarch's adaptation of World at War, immensely. The wiimote lends itself beautifully to the game. The engine works just fine on the Wii (see World at War). I look forward to modern warfare and I'm sure that I will be purchasing it. So what if the game came out years ago on other systems? I never picked it up for my PC and the only console I own is a Wii, so IT'S NEW TO ME.

If you don't plan on purchasing the Wii edition, that's fine, but don't go deriding a game that many people WILL purchase & enjoy. Sometimes I get the impression that some people are just waiting on any little thing to pounce at to either make the Wii look bad or make themselves look "macho". Seriously, folks, check yourselves.

dkrustyklown

Are you saying that you don't see even the slightest thing odd about this announcement? For me, this reeks of the same pathetic attitude towards the Wii that has hurt it thus far. The only difference is that it has a popular name behind it to lessen the damage in some people's eyes. If this was such good news, the least Activision and Treyarch could have done was take the time to provide a new game for the Wii. Heck, seeing as how Treyarch is only developing the Wii version, it could have used those resources for something actually fresh. Why is it that even the DS is getting a version of Modern Warfare 2, whereas the Wii has to settle for a two year old hand-me-down? Seeing as how the Wii is the most successful console this gen, doesn't it deserve at least a little better than this? Even more confusing is the fact that this is just being announced, making the Wii version looking like even more of an afterthought.

People have the right to purchase and enjoy whatever they choose, and I'm not encouraging people to boycott this game or anything. That said, I can't help but feel that this is Activision's attempt to "shut up the Wii owners" who would otherwise complain that they're not getting Modern Warfare 2. The thing is that they still won't be it, but somehow, Activision's able to get away with it. I just don't want to see my fellow Wii owners settle with what's there just because developers are too lazy and disinterested in the Wii to create content specifically for it. There's no "macho" act here; this is just someone who has been disappointed with how the Wii is being approached these days sharing his thoughts and beliving that this is just proof of more poor decision making regarding the console.

TaMuK711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TaMuK711
Member since 2009 • 3367 Posts

I just don't want to see my fellow Wii owners settle with what's there just because developers are too lazy and disinterested in the Wii to create content specifically for it.

Madmangamer364

I'm much happier with a port of a AAA game than a "specifically for Wii" on-rails step-child of Resident Evil and Dead Space...

Both situations are lazy with no excuses, but at least Activision is actually giving us a full game -_-

Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Madmangamer364

[QUOTE="Madmangamer364"]

I just don't want to see my fellow Wii owners settle with what's there just because developers are too lazy and disinterested in the Wii to create content specifically for it.

TaMuK711

I'm much happier with a port of a AAA game than a "specifically for Wii" on-rails step-child of Resident Evil and Dead Space...

Both situations are lazy with no excuses, but at least Activision is actually giving us a full game -_-

I agree with one part of your statement; there's no excuse for the amount of laziness going on right now. Oh well, I can't change your mind on how you feel about this, and quite honestly, I'm not going to try. Still, I just fail to see how this is actually making the Wii and its owners look better right now. Yeah, we might be getting Modern Warfare, if only by name, but the time and circumstances suggests to me that there was definitely a better way Activision could have handled this. Oh well... as long as gets the sales to justify porting the game, I doubt Activision will care about it. *sigh* So much for a better development mentality...

TaMuK711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TaMuK711

[QUOTE="TaMuK711"]

[QUOTE="Madmangamer364"]

Madmangamer364

I agree with one part of your statement; there's no excuse for the amount of laziness going on right now. Oh well, I can't change your mind on how you feel about this, and quite honestly, I'm not going to try. Still, I just fail to see how this is actually making the Wii and its owners look better right now. Yeah, we might be getting Modern Warfare, if only by name, but the time and circumstances suggests to me that there was definitely a better way Activision could have handled this. Oh well... as long as gets the sales to justify porting the game, I doubt Activision will care about it. *sigh* So much for a better development mentality...

Please don't mistake my meaning, I'm not happy at all that we're getting a dumbed down port of a 2 year old game, I'm just happier that we get that instead of an on-rails abomination of a successful franchise.:P

KudoS17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 KudoS17
Member since 2008 • 1050 Posts

It's cool it's coming to the wii but why now why not two years ago

snover2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#33 snover2009
Member since 2008 • 1730 Posts

Call of Duty Modern Warfare on Wii, that is excellent news!

Or, it would have been if Infinity Ward was making it, instead, Treyark is in charge of the Wii project.

So instead of being a good game, it will most likely be ****!

I can see it having the same problems as World at War because Treyark obviously does not know what they are doing.

30 fps with not so great visuals = inefficient. In other words, if it looks worse than Halo 2 on the original Xbox and does not run as well means that not much effort was put into the game. Kinda like what happened to the PC version of GTA 4, ran on Xbox 360 good, but has PC requirements that are higher than that of Crysis.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

A working offline splitscreen multiplayer mode would justify the existence of this game for me. At least then we'd have a choice when it comes to that, and it could possibly give other devs some incentive to provide the most successful party console EVER with an FPS mode that so many of us grew up with and never had a party without.

But why CoD4 and not MW2? Activision is just showing their poor judgment in this decision. If CoD4 had released two years ago with a Wii version, it would've sold very well, even though it would've been graphically inferior to the other versions. Now they realize this, so they're trying to correct it.... while making the same EXACT mistake by not making MW2 available on the Wii alongside the other versions.

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#35 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

I hope it has at least 12 players online.

Padrepride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#36 Padrepride
Member since 2007 • 601 Posts

If this game is compatible with wii-speak, i will go crazy

alberto1128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 alberto1128
Member since 2009 • 1229 Posts
If it has good online and controls, I'll probably get it.
FPS1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#39 FPS1337
Member since 2009 • 2519 Posts

I own a PS3 and a Wii but enjoy your COD 4 port guys I will be playing the real sequel on my PS3 where everyone else is im sorry this is sad they are porting a game that we 360 and PS3 owners enjoyed almost 2 years ago.

zachdragon
wow ur such a fruit and to all wii owners. This is great. Ur just lucky to get cod this year and fournately modern warfare. This game is amazing and I was hoping it would be for win it is gonna be really good becuz treyarch is only working on a wii version and not a 360 or ps3. Ur lucky activision is even bothering to make a win cod. Infinityward won't make one so activision got treyarch to. The wii would have a hard time handling the new engine and the story wouldn't make since to wii owners unless they rapped cod 4 for A different system. I'm buying even though I hv mw2 for 360. The wii version will have lots of the original modes and won't hav to be watered like if they made mw2 for. Be happy unless u want no cod for wii.
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Vari3ty

The fact that this game is coming to Wii is pretty sweet in my opinion. I don't see why some people are so mad about this game getting ported over. At least we're getting this game, even if it's 2 years late. It looks like it will be the best FPS on the Wii, which the Wii doesn't have many of. I for one don't have a 360 or PS3 or a good PC, so I haven't gotten a chance to play it and am excited for it. Either way this will no doubt be a good move on Activision's part, this should sell extremely well.

boba707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 boba707
Member since 2007 • 1021 Posts
when do you think we will see real info, screens, vids, more info from the devs?
TaMuK711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 TaMuK711

when do you think we will see real info, screens, vids, more info from the devs?boba707

Next week or so would be my guess, and I expect everyone single one to be a bullshot.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

So, this game is COD4, and it's coming out after COD5 (on the Wii). Is there a point in getting this? We already have the later, more updated game anyway. Wouldn't this be like releasing Grand Theft Auto San Andreas, then releasing Grand Theft Auto 3. Why would we go back to a lower quality game?

I say this because I doubt they will update graphics or content.

To me this is kind of annoying, I wish we got COD MW2.

FPS1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#44 FPS1337
Member since 2009 • 2519 Posts
Sorry but did u notice that mw2 would be a half game for wii like cod waw. This is going to be updated cuz they don't hav to focus on any other platform and will be much better then waw. In fact waw is worse the cod4. This is wii version and they aren't calling it cod4 becuz it will be more updated. Stop whining wii owners,they could have gave u nothing. Its this or nothing so be happy were getting an amazing game. I'm getting this though I have mw2 preordered and cod4 already. This is somewhat a wii exclusive.
TaMuK711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TaMuK711

Sorry but did u notice that mw2 would be a half game for wii like cod waw. This is going to be updated cuz they don't hav to focus on any other platform and will be much better then waw. In fact waw is worse the cod4. This is wii version and they aren't calling it cod4 becuz it will be more updated. Stop whining wii owners,they could have gave u nothing. Its this or nothing so be happy were getting an amazing game. I'm getting this though I have mw2 preordered and cod4 already. This is somewhat a wii exclusive.FPS1337

Treyarch and Activision. That's all I have to say to completely debunk everything you said in your post.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Sorry but did u notice that mw2 would be a half game for wii like cod waw. This is going to be updated cuz they don't hav to focus on any other platform and will be much better then waw. In fact waw is worse the cod4. This is wii version and they aren't calling it cod4 becuz it will be more updated. Stop whining wii owners,they could have gave u nothing. Its this or nothing so be happy were getting an amazing game. I'm getting this though I have mw2 preordered and cod4 already. This is somewhat a wii exclusive.FPS1337

I don't get the first sentence you said.

They've already focused on the other platforms, they are now just porting it to the wii (with the controls changed over).

If they didn't release it on the Wii, I wouldn't care, if they did (which they are now, obviously), i still wouldn't care. I'd much prefer a MW2.

Now I'm assuming that this is a direct port relying on evidence from past COD games. COD3 was ported, COD WaW was ported, and I guess this is ported. If they updated the game, made it more exclusive-ish, then I don't think I mind as much. But if it's a complete rehash with wii controls attatched, I'll be annoyed.

As I said, I'm basing my evidence from past actions. I could very well be wrong, and I hope I am. We'll just have to see.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
They did give Wii owners nothing, they are simply attempting to cash in on an now irrelevant title and make sure that a year doesn't go by without a COD game for the Wii. If they really were interested in spreading Modern Warfare to the Wii, Treyarch has to take time from thier next COD game to do this anyway so they might as well had them port MW2. But no they passed on that. Because with Treyarchs next COD coming next year that means the Wii will probably get MW2 when MW3 is coming out. If they don't think enough of the Wii to keep the games current, they should leave MW on the PS3/360, porting games when they longer matter, when everybody is on the next big thing is not something to celebrate. The only way this game would have any relevance is if has an updated package.
Hoodstock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Hoodstock

They did give Wii owners nothing, they are simply attempting to cash in on an now irrelevant title and make sure that a year doesn't go by without a COD game for the Wii. Sepewrath

OK Zelda guy. Go back to playing the Octrine of Time you downloaded from Wii Ware!

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#49 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

A working offline splitscreen multiplayer mode would justify the existence of this game for me. At least then we'd have a choice when it comes to that, and it could possibly give other devs some incentive to provide the most successful party console EVER with an FPS mode that so many of us grew up with and never had a party without.

But why CoD4 and not MW2? Activision is just showing their poor judgment in this decision. If CoD4 had released two years ago with a Wii version, it would've sold very well, even though it would've been graphically inferior to the other versions. Now they realize this, so they're trying to correct it.... while making the same EXACT mistake by not making MW2 available on the Wii alongside the other versions.

JordanElek

It probably will have an offline split screen mode.

Modern Warfare on the other consoles does have it, so there is no reason for the Wii version to not have it.

This whole idea is just dumb to me and it shows how money hungry Activision is and just gives more reason for people to hate them.

mkDSpro63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#50 mkDSpro63
Member since 2006 • 781 Posts

Normally I'd be appauled by this seeing it's a two-year game, but after The Conduit, I'll have to wait and see. I'm sorry, but The Conduit was terrible.