Civilisation 6 for Switch

Avatar image for mandzilla
#1 Edited by Mandzilla (2086 posts) -

It's out tomorrow! Anyone else hyped for this? Will you ever be able to leave the toilet again due to the addictive 'just one more turn' gameplay?!

Edit: Civilisation 6 Switch edition gets a 9.4 on IGN!

Civ VI is a fantastic strategy game that, for the first time, has been successfully adapted to a console in a way that controls well.

Avatar image for KBFloYd
#2 Posted by KBFloYd (21042 posts) -

last game similar to this i played was actraiser on the snes :P

seems not my kind of game. hope you enjoy it though mandzilla ;-)

Avatar image for mandzilla
#3 Posted by Mandzilla (2086 posts) -
@KBFloYd said:

last game similar to this i played was actraiser on the snes :P

seems not my kind of game. hope you enjoy it though mandzilla ;-)

Hey ActRaiser looks pretty awesome too, will have to try that one out someday lol.

Ah well, different strokes for different folks. :P Thanks I will do, and hopefully you're enjoying whichever games you're playing just now too.

Under three hours to go, woo!

Avatar image for KBFloYd
#4 Posted by KBFloYd (21042 posts) -

@mandzilla said:
@KBFloYd said:

last game similar to this i played was actraiser on the snes :P

seems not my kind of game. hope you enjoy it though mandzilla ;-)

Hey ActRaiser looks pretty awesome too, will have to try that one out someday lol.

Ah well, different strokes for different folks. :P Thanks I will do, and hopefully you're enjoying whichever games you're playing just now too.

Under three hours to go, woo!

been playing nba playgrounds 2 but that not really game. more like playing some sports matches.

i will be getting pokemon tomorrow though.

Avatar image for mandzilla
#5 Posted by Mandzilla (2086 posts) -
@KBFloYd said:
@mandzilla said:
@KBFloYd said:

last game similar to this i played was actraiser on the snes :P

seems not my kind of game. hope you enjoy it though mandzilla ;-)

Hey ActRaiser looks pretty awesome too, will have to try that one out someday lol.

Ah well, different strokes for different folks. :P Thanks I will do, and hopefully you're enjoying whichever games you're playing just now too.

Under three hours to go, woo!

been playing nba playgrounds 2 but that not really game. more like playing some sports matches.

i will be getting pokemon tomorrow though.

Oh okay, cool! Hey well have a good time with pokemon tomorrow then and let me know what you think of it. :D

Avatar image for dzimm
#6 Posted by dzimm (5059 posts) -

Bought it yesterday, and I've played maybe a couple of hours. I rate it an excellent port so far. It appears to be the full game, feature for feature identical to the PC version. No corners cut that I've seen.

It controls very well with the JoyCons, too. Navigating menus isn't quite as fluid as it is on PC, but I can't imagine how it could have been done better. Plus it can be controlled entirely with the touchscreen, which I think is a first for the Switch since most developers seem to forget it even has one. The UI is generally large enough to be easily readable in handheld mode, though I wish it were a little more consistent because some text can be quite small.

I'm still in the early game and haven't uncovered a lot of the map, but oerformance so far is very good, and it looks gorgeous. AI turns take longer than they do on PC, but this is because of the Switch's weaker CPU compared to the PC.

I hope this sells well enough for them to release expansions in the future.

Avatar image for dzimm
#7 Posted by dzimm (5059 posts) -

Wow, where are all the reviews? This release is as big a deal as Diablo III for the Switch in my opinion, but it's like it slipped completely under the radar.