Chances of Nintendo coming out with a Wii Headset?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JuanaSmoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JuanaSmoke
Member since 2006 • 789 Posts

I am wondering whats the chances of Nintendo coming out with a headset for the Wii to use during online play?

Me and a few of my friends love to play the 360 together online, and although we can go into a private chat on 360 and just play the game on Wii, that is power that doesn't need to be used and we can only talk 1 on 1 chats.

So does anyone know if they're working to make online better and come out with headsets or what is the deal on that?

zaku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 zaku101
Member since 2005 • 4641 Posts
I don't believe headsets will ever come out on the Wii. If they do however it would be around the end of 2009. That's just my guess.
PyroPice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 PyroPice
Member since 2007 • 443 Posts
it will come out, just no one knows when http://www.gamespot.com/news/6184034.html
12qazx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 12qazx
Member since 2005 • 1435 Posts

A Headset might come out when an online game that enables voice chat comes out.

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
right now i find it unlikely but that is just that they don't have any games that use voice chat
NL-Cookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 NL-Cookie
Member since 2006 • 63 Posts

A Headset might come out when an online game that enables voice chat comes out.

12qazx

And voice chat enabled games might be released when a headset is announced ;)

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#7 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

If a good online shooter game comes out there better be a headset.

I'd hope for a game that supports online co-op.

bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bob_newman
Member since 2006 • 8133 Posts

I am wondering whats the chances of Nintendo coming out with a headset for the Wii to use during online play?

JuanaSmoke

I only want a headset for offline play.

spidermonkey11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 spidermonkey11
Member since 2007 • 1716 Posts

Am I the only one who really doesn't care about headsets or chatting during online play. I just find it rather pointless!

The only way they would be at all usefull is if Wii had tons of shooters and online co-op. What do we have like one game MOHH2 and even that doesn't really need it.

I think the only reason why people are wanting one on these boards is because PS3/Xbox360 has them.

Jesteroflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Jesteroflies
Member since 2007 • 315 Posts

Its a great chance because ppl crave more of the online games ie (Halo 3 or GTAIV). Online games give more replay value. We have MKWII and SSBB(only ones i own) that have online play. IF they did come out with a headset, imo it would be a blue tooth. I think at times it would be great, and alot of ppl will be saying we dont want any kids trash talking. Lets face it, any system will have that. So i think its possible and would make online games like MOH2 better experiences.

Jester.

Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts
Maybe when Animal Crossing comes out.
dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5596 Posts
[QUOTE="spidermonkey11"]

Am I the only one who really doesn't care about headsets or chatting during online play. I just find it rather pointless!

The only way they would be at all usefull is if Wii had tons of shooters and online co-op. What do we have like one game MOHH2 and even that doesn't really need it.

I think the only reason why people are wanting one on these boards is because PS3/Xbox360 has them.

JuanaSmoke

Ummmmm....just because you are an antisocial doesn't mean the rest of us are.... Actually some of us(like me) have FRIENDS, something that you obviously don't have, and thats who i am interested in playing with. I also like to talk with my friends while we play a game together since neither one of us are mutes or boring losers...LOLOL...

But seriously you say the only reason anyone on these boards want it is cuz ps3 n 360 got it? ahahaha you really are a loser. NO i just have FRIENDS in REAL LIFE(outside of cyberspace!) and we like to talk if we play together. If you don't talk your brain is a dud, we play and talk on 360 all the time it's great. Without it theres not really any point in playing with them.

You couldn't be further from the truth and you sound like an idiot.......

Honestly the kettle shouldn't call the pot black.

I personally don't see the absolute NEED for voice chat in some games, yeah sure it'd be nice to be able to talk in Mario Kart, but its not needed. Besides, its not like Nintendo has NEVER done a headset for online chat before.

JuanaSmoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JuanaSmoke

lolol...i prob did sound like an idiot just airing out on him. I may sound like an idiot and arrogant but it's true that i am right and he is wrong. Some people (a lot of people) like to talk with their friend online when they play. If your not gonna have headsets you mind as well not have online play because ever since pc has had online it had a headset you could use. Even if you can't in game chat hopefully they come out with a voice chat. Online is about INTERACTING...you need the full experience with a headset. If you don't want to interact, if you have a kid or whatever then don't use the headset.

A vast majority of people like to play with their friends and we'll stay home and play together online and thats fun. But we aren't going to stay home and play wii by ourselves all night thats boring. Maybe it appeals to an older age group but ALL of the online features do.

And when has nintendo ever made a headset?

JuanaSmoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JuanaSmoke

lolol...i prob did sound like an idiot just airing out on him. I may sound like an idiot and arrogant but it's true that i am right and he is wrong. Some people (a lot of people) like to talk with their friend online when they play. If your not gonna have headsets you mind as well not have online play because ever since pc has had online it had a headset you could use. Even if you can't in game chat hopefully they come out with a voice chat. Online is about INTERACTING...you need the full experience with a headset. If you don't want to interact, if you have a kid or whatever then don't use the headset.

A vast majority of people like to play with their friends and we'll stay home and play together online and thats fun. But we aren't going to stay home and play wii by ourselves all night thats boring. Maybe it appeals to an older age group but ALL of the online features do.

And when has nintendo ever made a headset?

stanley2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 stanley2011
Member since 2007 • 530 Posts
It will come out. Reggie said it will sooner or later since the DS even has it. I just dont no when. Maybe the Conduit will be the first FPS to use it. I dont really need a VC system rite now since there isnt really a lot of games that really need it. I WANT HDD. I hope they announce HDD in E3. I have i hopes for Nintendo in E3 this year.:D:D
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#17 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

I don't believe headsets will ever come out on the Wii. If they do however it would be around the end of 2009. That's just my guess.zaku101

They will make a headset. My guess is they are just trying to find a way to impliment it to their liking. The DS already has a headset, and Reggie has also said that type of product might be in the works anyway.

darktomorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 darktomorrow
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

I dont remember where but i read that they are considering a headset for voice chat! the only thing is that they said it may be possible for people to have to pay for this feature (Pay To Play) like the WiiWare games DLC!

my guess is this can be true cause parents worried about their kids hearing trash talk dont have to pay for voice chat if they dont want!

if someone can find the link please post it!

Avatar image for remmbermytitans
remmbermytitans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 remmbermytitans
Member since 2005 • 7214 Posts
Maybe when Animal Crossing comes out.Thiago26792

Maybe. But then again, I wouldn't be suprised if it comes out with a sport game. Maybe, Madden 09?
JuanaSmoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JuanaSmoke

I dont remember where but i read that they are considering a headset for voice chat! the only thing is that they said it may be possible for people to have to pay for this feature (Pay To Play) like the WiiWare games DLC!

my guess is this can be true cause parents worried about their kids hearing trash talk dont have to pay for voice chat if they dont want!

darktomorrow

You are correct...i'm going to make a seperate thread on this...it will be called Wii Pay to Play,,,since it doesn't have to do with a headset really..check in there.

JuanaSmoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 JuanaSmoke

darktomorrow

You are correct...i'm going to make a seperate thread on this...it will be called Wii Pay to Play,,,since it doesn't have to do with a headset really..check in there.

hazbazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 hazbazz
Member since 2005 • 7709 Posts
Slim and none. Nintendo seems to think that just saying 'Hi' to somebody online will lead to pedophilia.
dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5596 Posts

Slim and none. Nintendo seems to think that just saying 'Hi' to somebody online will lead to pedophilia.hazbazz

Thats why the DS has a headset?

spidermonkey11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 spidermonkey11
[QUOTE="spidermonkey11"]

JuanaSmoke

Ummmmm....just because you are an antisocial doesn't mean the rest of us are.... Actually some of us(like me) have FRIENDS, something that you obviously don't have, and thats who i am interested in playing with. I also like to talk with my friends while we play a game together since neither one of us are mutes or boring losers...LOLOL...

But seriously you say the only reason anyone on these boards want it is cuz ps3 n 360 got it? ahahaha you really are a loser. NO i just have FRIENDS in REAL LIFE(outside of cyberspace!) and we like to talk if we play together. If you don't talk your brain is a dud, we play and talk on 360 all the time it's great. Without it theres not really any point in playing with them.

You couldn't be further from the truth and you sound like an idiot.......

You missed my point! I am talking about need not want. If you wan't to talk to your friends while playing good for you but it isn't needed for the games you are playing.

How are my statements wrong when I personally do not care for a headset. I don't have any friends who play video games so why would I wan't one. I have a different opinion than you doesn't mean I am an idiot.

Honestly your post had nothing to do with the need for a headset and that is what Nintendo reflects. If you actually made some useful statements and facts then you can call me an idiot.

Lunar52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#25 Lunar52
Member since 2006 • 2538 Posts
We'll have to wait and see.
JuanaSmoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 JuanaSmoke

thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard and yes without headsets there is really no point in playing most games online,

spidermonkey11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 spidermonkey11

thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard and yes without headsets there is really no point in playing most games online,

JuanaSmoke

Would we be clamouring for one if the PS3 and Xbox360 didn't have one also? I think not

bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 bob_newman

yes without headsets there is really no point in playing most games online,

JuanaSmoke

How about...you know...to play the game against someone?

Don't tell me that playing someone online without voice chat is like playing a computer, because computer AI never acts like human players do. Humans are far less predictable.

Anyway, a headset would be nice for certain games, but outside of trash talking (or small talk), most Nintendo owned properties don't really need it (as in, the game still works as it is meant to without voice chat).

I'm sure they'll have one soon though. The lack of a hard drive, plus the lack of voice chat, are 2 of the biggest reasons why there are so few FPS on the Wii. Well that, and the inferior graphical capabilities...but they can't really do anything about that.

bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 bob_newman
[QUOTE="JuanaSmoke"]

spidermonkey11

Would we be clamouring for one if the PS3 and Xbox360 didn't have one also? I think not

Probably. PC games have used them for years. You'd pretty much have to say "if headsets didn't exist, would we be clamouring for one?"

Flawed argument there.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 haziqonfire
Honestly the only reason i would want a headset is to talk to friends while playing.

Playing online games like mario kart with 12 people all having a headset would be VERY annoying.
bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 bob_newman

Honestly the only reason i would want a headset is to talk to friends while playing.

Playing online games like mario kart with 12 people all having a headset would be VERY annoying.Haziqonfire

***In before the "You can just mute them" argument***

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 haziqonfire

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]Honestly the only reason i would want a headset is to talk to friends while playing.

Playing online games like mario kart with 12 people all having a headset would be VERY annoying.bob_newman

lol. I hate that argument. Yeah, it sounds easy, but when your constantly playing different people (take for example, counter strike) and you have a bunch of idiots who spam the mic, its a pain.

Its especially even more a pain if the person is a kid, that only whines about being in your clan... I've been there, and i never, ever, want to deal with that crap again.
bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 bob_newman
[QUOTE="bob_newman"]

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]Honestly the only reason i would want a headset is to talk to friends while playing.

Playing online games like mario kart with 12 people all having a headset would be VERY annoying.Haziqonfire

lol. I hate that argument. Yeah, it sounds easy, but when your constantly playing different people (take for example, counter strike) and you have a bunch of idiots who spam the mic, its a pain.

Its especially even more a pain if the person is a kid, that only whines about being in your clan... I've been there, and i never, ever, want to deal with that crap again.

It wouldn't be very easy in all games too. For example, it would be difficult in a game like Mario Kart because you're constantly moving. Same with Smash Bros. It would take up too much time to have to go to the menu, click on the "Headset" icon, click "mute player ______", and then jump back in the game.

It works in FPS because you can camp for a while and be fine, but for most of the genres that Nintendo works on, there simply isn't the time to mute. I think this is probably one of the reasons that they haven't made one yet.

PhantomPhoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#34 PhantomPhoot
Member since 2006 • 533 Posts

On one hand, Nintendo is trying REALLY hard to keep trashtalking hardcore gamers away from Wi-Fi by eliminating speech altogether from Wii games. In the other hand, if the DS has one, why can't the Wii?

We'll let fate decide... or Miyamoto.

BigKayDaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: -2

#35 BigKayDaddy
Member since 2004 • 275 Posts
The Wii needs a headset bad. My friends and I have to attach headphone/mic headsets to our cell phones and do three way calling to chat while we play Mario Kart online.
bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 bob_newman

The Wii needs a headset bad. My friends and I have to attach headphone/mic headsets to our cell phones and do three way calling to chat while we play Mario Kart online.Kunlun

Well, if we're going to get technical here, they really don't "need" one, seeing as you found a way around it.

But anyway, what could you possibly be talking about with your friends on MK that absolutely "needs" to be said (in order to enhance the gameplay experience)? Just wondering.

BigKayDaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: -2

#37 BigKayDaddy
Member since 2004 • 275 Posts

[QUOTE="Kunlun"]The Wii needs a headset bad. My friends and I have to attach headphone/mic headsets to our cell phones and do three way calling to chat while we play Mario Kart online.bob_newman

Well, if we're going to get technical here, they really don't "need" one, seeing as you found a way around it.

But anyway, what could you possibly be talking about with your friends on MK that absolutely "needs" to be said (in order to enhance the gameplay experience)? Just wondering.

We just trash talk to each other and about the other racers, about the course we are racing, about what track we're going to select next, and laugh together at the stupid, crazy stuff that happens in our races. It's fun to be able to communicate with your friends while playing video games together.
bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 bob_newman
[QUOTE="bob_newman"]

[QUOTE="Kunlun"]The Wii needs a headset bad. My friends and I have to attach headphone/mic headsets to our cell phones and do three way calling to chat while we play Mario Kart online.Kunlun

We just trash talk to each other and about the other racers, about the course we are racing, about what track we're going to select next, and laugh together at the stupid, crazy stuff that happens in our races. It's fun to be able to communicate with your friends while playing video games together.

Oh it's fun, you can't deny that.

But it's not necessary for many of Nintendo's games.

Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts
Headsets. Something alot of people want, but is not something we need.
JuanaSmoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 JuanaSmoke
[QUOTE="JuanaSmoke"]

spidermonkey11

[QUOTE="spidermonkey11"][QUOTE="JuanaSmoke"]

bob_newman

Probably. PC games have used them for years. You'd pretty much have to say "if headsets didn't exist, would we be clamouring for one?"

Flawed argument there.

THANK YOUUUU!!!!

Now bob newman i don't know why you are arguing just to argue but you agree that there SHOULD be a headset. Although its not needed to enjoy nintendos games....neither is online play!

WIRELESS USB HEADSET? VOICE CHAT? LETS GOOOO!!!

spidermonkey11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 spidermonkey11

I have no friends who play video games and I don't want to talk to strangers. I don't need a headset...

Have fun complaining

bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 bob_newman

JuanaSmoke

bob_newman

Flawed argument there.

THANK YOUUUU!!!!

Now bob newman i don't know why you are arguing just to argue but you agree that there SHOULD be a headset. Although its not needed to enjoy nintendos games....neither is online play!

WIRELESS USB HEADSET? VOICE CHAT? LETS GOOOO!!!

I'd say that being able to play online is nessessary these days, because you can't always have your friends over, and computer AI sucks. But communication is not needed in many of Nintendo's games.

Now, to get to your question, I don't think that they "should" have a headset, nor do they "need" one. I'm saying that I realize that many gamers "want" one. So, to those gamers, there "should" be one.

I could care less either way. If they have one, great, if they don't, I'm fine with that too. I really would only want one for FPS's, because communication is a major part of the strategy in those games.

But when you have a game like Mario Kart or Brawl, there is little communicative strategy in a game, and voice chat just turns into a swear-fest. I don't need that, nor do I want that.

So, there are definite benefits to voice chat, but in most of Nintendo's franchises, the cons outweigh the pros in my opinion.

bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 bob_newman

EXACTLYYYY...you can't always have friends over so you have to play online, that's why you would need voice chat you don't just play together and not say a word. When your playing online its like your at the same place you know your playing together and its not their little sister or somethin...just get it through your fat head!!!!

spidermonkey you probably don't have any friends older then 10 years old....seriously...we aren't here to only give you what YOU need...selfish arrogant imbusile.

JuanaSmoke

But you see, I still don't feel that I need to talk to my friends. Sure, it's a nice addition, but it's not at all required. You make it sound like you need to have this, as in, the game is unplayable without it.

If that is the case with you, I'm sure you're in the minority because MK's online is always packed with players. A lot of people are still playing it (including people in Japan and Europe who have had it for a long time now), and I can guarantee you 100% that they're still having a lot of fun, regardless of the fact that there is no headset.

And as I said before, there are more cons than pros with having VC in a game like MK, but whatever. I don't want to get into all that.

Personally, I don't mind chatting with people over AIM or Messenger inbetween matches. That's all the communication I care for with a game like MK.

spidermonkey11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 spidermonkey11

EXACTLYYYY...you can't always have friends over so you have to play online, that's why you would need voice chat you don't just play together and not say a word. When your playing online its like your at the same place you know your playing together and its not their little sister or somethin...just get it through your fat head!!!!

spidermonkey you probably don't have any friends older then 10 years old....seriously...we aren't here to only give you what YOU need...selfish arrogant imbusile.

JuanaSmoke

For the record I am 23 and your insulting somone over the internet who has a different opionion then you. So honestly who is being more mature here.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#48 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts
I'm estimating about 20% chance.