Celebrating Pokemon 20!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KojimaNo1fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 KojimaNo1fan
Member since 2014 • 33 Posts

Ok so I'm a late Pokemon lover, I'm actually the same age as the franchise. I watched the show and collected cards but that was it. My first Pokemon gaming experience was Y. I loved it, couldn't put my 3ds down for months. So I was digging around some old stuff and came across my GameBoy Advance SP. And the idea came to mind that I'll play some old school Pokemon. So I ordered a new charger and Fire Red, Leaf Green, Sapphire, Ruby and Emerald. Never played them when I was a kid so I think this shall be a wonderful experience. I was just wondering how is everyone else celebrating the anniversary?

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

@kojimano1fan I'm celebrating by buying the original Red version when it comes out on the Virtual Console in a couple weeks! I have Fire Red and Leaf Green, but I want to celebrate it by playing it as it originally was.

By the way, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts and what you think of the older games. I've only spoken to people who have played since the beginning, so it'd be interesting to hear your perspective. Given that you have no real nostalgia for the franchise, it'd be interesting to see if you like the older games as much as I do, or if you prefer the creature designs from older generations or not.

KojimaNo1fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 KojimaNo1fan
Member since 2014 • 33 Posts

@trugs26: Nice! I'll let you know how I find the games :)

Avatar image for deactivated-58ce94803a170
deactivated-58ce94803a170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 deactivated-58ce94803a170
Member since 2015 • 8822 Posts

Im not sure yet. Ill probably play a Pokemon game sometimes this year.

TheNDefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 TheNDefender
Member since 2016 • 299 Posts

@kojimano1fan: I'm getting those limited addition event Pokemon each month. I might get Pokken Tournament and Pokemon GO, but that depends on how good they are. Hopefully they will make Ash win the Pokemon league this year.

Samslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#6 Samslayer
Member since 2005 • 1852 Posts

Nice, I don't think I'm going to necessarily celebrate. I had Blue, Red, and Yellow, then I sort of took a break. I'm not sure where the others went, but I have Yellow still. So I might hit that up a bit.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

I'm pretty damn stoked for Pokken!

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#8 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9730 Posts

@Chozofication said:

I'm pretty damn stoked for Pokken!

Here is some Pokken stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/user/GameXplain/videos

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

csward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#9  Edited By csward
Member since 2005 • 2155 Posts

Be prepared to be disappointed, sorry. I find the GBA pokemon games to be some of the worst in the franchise. The remake of the regional game is fine, but the others, well, you'll see.

Coming from Y you may be disappointed, as the Pokemon games have gotten a lot better over the years.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

@csward said:

Be prepared to be disappointed, sorry. I find the GBA pokemon games to be some of the worst in the franchise. The remake of the regional game is fine, but the others, well, you'll see.

Coming from Y you may be disappointed, as the Pokemon games have gotten a lot better over the years.

I found X/Y to be quite boring for some reason. Not sure if it's because it felt more handhold'y compared to older games or what.