Capcom hints at new RE game for Wii

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NickD33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NickD33
Member since 2009 • 39 Posts

With work now wrapped up on the PS3 and 360 instalment, Resident Evil 5 producer Masachika Kawata has told us he wants to make a brand new Resi game for Wii.

Thanks to the magic of translation, Kawata-san hinted to Eurogamer TV that Nintendo fans shouldn't despair that their console isn't powerful enough to handle the high-def horror of number five.

"Personally I would like to create something on Wii in the Resident Evil family," he revealed. "At the moment we don't know and have just been working on RE5, so watch this space."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/re5-producer-hints-at-wii-resi

Wii needs a brand new proper RE game, or at the very least a remake of RE2 :D, no more spin offs please. Umbrella Chronicles 2 will not cut it this time. A new big budget proper RE game with Wii controls would be perfect.

livinitup01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 livinitup01
Member since 2004 • 1245 Posts
Could they do like a Resident Evil 4.5? I wonder what happened to Leon after RE4? It should talk about Leon's next mission in the Caribbean/Central America where there was an outbreak of the virus. If they made the game for the ground-up for Wii and didn't slack off then we could be looking at a system seller.
Jimmi323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Jimmi323
Member since 2006 • 870 Posts
Could they do like a Resident Evil 4.5? I wonder what happened to Leon after RE4? It should talk about Leon's next mission in the Caribbean/Central America where there was an outbreak of the virus. If they made the game for the ground-up for Wii and didn't slack off then we could be looking at a system seller. livinitup01
Ugh, as great as RE4 was, its story was terrible. I say ditch Leon and go for something completely new.
gamefan67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 gamefan67
Member since 2004 • 10034 Posts
Cool. Nice to see that he wants to make one for the Wii.
snover2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5 snover2009
Member since 2008 • 1730 Posts

Wii needs a brand new proper RE game, or at the very least a remake of RE2 :D, no more spin offs please. Umbrella Chronicles 2 will not cut it this time. A new big budget proper RE game with Wii controls would be perfect.

NickD33

NO, NO, NO, NO remake for RE2, fixed camera angles will cause frustration

They NEED to make a RE game that plays like RE4 and looks much better visually, Wii has double the power of the Cube, so it CAN look NEXT GEN.

No more excuses third parties, if The Conduit has 360 like visuals, so can any other Wii game.

peach79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 peach79
Member since 2006 • 367 Posts
They should bring back either of the two girls for a new game. I always thought Claire Redfield and Jill Valentine were two of the better characters in the franchise.
fugwit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 fugwit
Member since 2006 • 494 Posts
[QUOTE="livinitup01"]Could they do like a Resident Evil 4.5? I wonder what happened to Leon after RE4? It should talk about Leon's next mission in the Caribbean/Central America where there was an outbreak of the virus. If they made the game for the ground-up for Wii and didn't slack off then we could be looking at a system seller. Jimmi323
Ugh, as great as RE4 was, its story was terrible. I say ditch Leon and go for something completely new.

Frank West?
neon_tetra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 neon_tetra
Member since 2005 • 345 Posts
They should bring back either of the two girls for a new game. I always thought Claire Redfield and Jill Valentine were two of the better characters in the franchise. peach79
I completely agree with you! I'd love a game playing as them.
firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts
The sad thing is it prob. won't be till 2010 till we even see a trailer.
Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts
I want one with a more horror and less action. I mean, I adored RE4 but the truly terrifying parts where few and far between. I like the level of action they have, but I want moments that will have me pissing my pants and unable to sleep.
Dingerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Dingerious
Member since 2009 • 685 Posts
I say RE side-story that occurs in Racoon City before the nuke. Use a brand-new character.
PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

Please make this!!!

I love RE4, and I want a new one for Wii.

colecoavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 colecoavenger
Member since 2009 • 174 Posts
Probably another port of light gun shooter.
Dingerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Dingerious
Member since 2009 • 685 Posts

He's not even hinting. He basically just saying "yeah, I guess we COULD do a RE game for Wii," which carries about as much weight as Ubisoft saying they'd make Nintendo-like quality games.

DS_Lightning21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DS_Lightning21
Member since 2007 • 741 Posts
I loved RE4 and Umbrella Chronicles for Wii. Whatever Resident Evil game Capcom has next for Wii, I'm sure it'll be great, even if it's some kind of spin-off game because the Wii controls are just totally awesome for Resident Evil games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 19061980
Member since 2005 • 961 Posts
RE4 controls. Great visuals. Jill Valentine. Russia, Norway or Alaska (somewhere arctic).
Nomad0404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 Nomad0404
Member since 2004 • 1111 Posts
I hate to say that, in my thread RE:5 not coming to the Wii so get over it already, I was right, but this pretty much confirms it.
santiagochile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 santiagochile
Member since 2005 • 1717 Posts
[QUOTE="NickD33"]

snover2009

They NEED to make a RE game that plays like RE4 and looks much better visually, Wii has double the power of the Cube, so it CAN look NEXT GEN.

No more excuses third parties, if The Conduit has 360 like visuals, so can any other Wii game.

The Wii is as powerful as the original xbox, and is ALMOST twice as powerful as the GCN. That's nothing at all, the PS3 is TEN times more powerful than the PS2. Face it, the Wii isn't going to have "next gen" graphics, ever. The magic of the Wii is the new way to play new games, like Wii Fit and Wii Music. Those are fun titles. Plus shooters and driving games. I bet this new game will be a remake or an on rails shooter. I would prefer something like RE4, but who knows.
Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19 Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts

Yeah... one person showing interesting in making a Resident Evil installment for the Wii isn't the same as one coming, but even so, it's nice to see that someone has the interest. I think Capcom could use the lessons learned from RE4 Wii edition and UC to create a really solid game for Wii. To top it off, hopefully Capcom could also look at what other games have managed to do since then to even take the action of the game even further. As far as the comment about having a female character lead the way this time, I'm all for that, as well. Even that could spice the game up a bit.

I'll have my fingers crossed. :)

webbut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 webbut
Member since 2005 • 2946 Posts
I want one with a more horror and less action. I mean, I adored RE4 but the truly terrifying parts where few and far between. I like the level of action they have, but I want moments that will have me pissing my pants and unable to sleep.Head_of_games
Yeah thats what i want. The Cinematic views in RE games were a pain in the ass but they worked well to create atmosphear and suspense. You walk into a big room with lots of walls and hear a window break and several footsteps coming at you and you cant see from where and its pretty dam scary. You walk into a room and see 20 spanish people who wanna kill you with pitch forks from far away and u have a high powered machine gun its not scary at all. an i miss puzzles and exploration. Looking around looking for things inspecting things. RE has be come just a typical shooter and its sad
Wolblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 Wolblade
Member since 2008 • 986 Posts

I want one with a more horror and less action. I mean, I adored RE4 but the truly terrifying parts where few and far between. I like the level of action they have, but I want moments that will have me pissing my pants and unable to sleep.Head_of_games

I agree, I haven't had one of those moments since...since...I can't remember!

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
RE was never scary, even when you had to find typewrite spools and gun ammo was few and far between. Zombies are simply not scary, they haven't been scary since the original concept first made its way into the mainstream media. The only moments in RE games that can make you sweat are boss battles because you cant get away. The only way a zombie game would be scary if it was a situation where you couldn't really fight back.
King-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#23 King-gamer
Member since 2006 • 5633 Posts
Hope it's a breand new game also I hope they use similar controls like Metroid. I get annoyed by the fact that you can't turn by moving the reticule to the edge of the screen, instead you have to used the analog stick. I guess it adds to the fear factor, but it is still annoying, I get too used to metroid's controls :evil:
Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

I never finished RE4, but I understand when people say it wasn't scary. It took a nice new direction for the series, but the new "over the shoulder" view took away that "scary" factor to certain extent. Instead of having zombies still creep up on you, they should speed them up a tad bit. Add more in there, and just because of the true 3d view, doesn't mean zombies can't hide. They should utilize the enviroments more. Instead of these big open areas, make them a bit more tight so when these zombies pop out, you have to be more precise.

The thing about the Wii controls for RE4 was they made it so much easier to play the game. It's a win lose situation if devs aren't careful. Everyone loved the controls of the port, but all complain it was easier. I believe my above suggestions would help that problem become resolved.

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
i'ld like to see the storys of some of the side characters like Billy, or Carlos, or maybe a outbreak file 3
hobonamdjojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 hobonamdjojo
Member since 2009 • 127 Posts

That would be the best ev's!

I just got RE4 Wii edition and let me say, there is nothing in comparision to the first time you hear that chainsaw rev up, and not know were its coming from.

jmangafan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jmangafan
Member since 2004 • 1933 Posts

I was never a fan of the old tank controls of RE, so I was rather excited when I found out that UC was a light-gun game (one of my favorite genre's) and that I'd be able to experience the games without having to slog through inane puzzles and awkward controls. RE4 was a blast as well, they traded the slower trademark horror for a high adreneline tension. I rather enjoyed playing the RE5 demo co-op and yelling for a solid 10 minutes while being chased around in the second part.

Personally I'd love to see a game based around playing as Wesker, if only to see more of his side of the story.

LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts
I would actually like a new on rails shooter better than another port, or even Resident Evil 5. I had incomprehensible amounts of fun playing Umbrella Chronicles with my best friend.
raphaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 raphaa
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I want something like the atmosphere of Biohazard 3, maybe with Jill again, could be a spin-off (probably will be), but not a remake, and with the 4 controls. Puzzles and tricks seems to be the past for the series. A lot need to be learned with games like Left 4 Dead and Dead Space, as action games.
Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#30 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
Not surprising to be honest. I've always thought the Wii will get it's very own RE game whether or not it's a port of RE5 later on and I mean a PROPER RE game, not some rail shooter. I'd be shocked if Capcom announced there are no plans for an RE Wii :?
ShuichiChamp24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ShuichiChamp24
Member since 2009 • 5014 Posts
If they do make a RE game for the wii, I hope it continues from Umbrella chronicles. Not on-rail, but I would love to play a RE game that you get to play as Wesker.
firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 firefox59
If they do make a RE game for the wii, I hope it continues from Umbrella chronicles. Not on-rail, but I would love to play a RE game that you get to play as Wesker. ShuichiChamp24
But hes the bad guy! :P
Shayde_Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Shayde_Shadow
Member since 2009 • 213 Posts

If they do make a RE game for the wii, I hope it continues from Umbrella chronicles. Not on-rail, but I would love to play a RE game that you get to play as Wesker. ShuichiChamp24

Wesker would be awsome to play as. Jill or Claire are fine by me, but Wesker is my favourite Resident Evil character. Resi 4 controls are definately the way to go. Also a ground up remake of RE2 would be sweet.

ShuichiChamp24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ShuichiChamp24

[QUOTE="ShuichiChamp24"]If they do make a RE game for the wii, I hope it continues from Umbrella chronicles. Not on-rail, but I would love to play a RE game that you get to play as Wesker. firefox59
But hes the bad guy! :P

I know, which is one of the reasons I would like a game with him. Also, he rocks8)

rgame1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 rgame1
Member since 2008 • 2526 Posts
wii cii.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts
They should bring back either of the two girls for a new game. I always thought Claire Redfield and Jill Valentine were two of the better characters in the franchise. peach79
How about a game were you play as both beat the game with Jill Valentine and then have another completely different Mission at the same exact time with Claire Redfield. They did it for the Fixed camera Resident Evils why not do it again with the over the Shoulder camera.
LoeJance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37 LoeJance
Member since 2006 • 1595 Posts
[QUOTE="NickD33"]

snover2009

No, they need to get back to the basics. Classic gameplay was actually survival horror instead of this action **** they've been doin
DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts

Sorry to break it to you but

[spoiler] Jill is dead. You can see her grave stone in one of the RE5 videos. I personaly think shes one of the antagonists of RE5 but I may be wrong. [/spoiler]

A game with Claire would be nice though since she has not been in any since Code Veronica.

Also whats wrong with Umbrella Chronicles? Am I the only one who really enjoyed the first one and want a second one?

fluffy_kins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 fluffy_kins
Member since 2006 • 2553 Posts

yayayayayaayay!!!

It would be nice if it was a fullscale RE game, but I would even take another side story type thing like Umbrella Chronicles.......... :) :) :)

ShuichiChamp24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ShuichiChamp24

Also whats wrong with Umbrella Chronicles? Am I the only one who really enjoyed the first one and want a second one?

DJSAV_101

Hell no, i love Umbrella Chronicles. I doubt we will get a game in the main story though, we might get something like RE outbreak.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 firefox59
[QUOTE="ShuichiChamp24"][QUOTE="DJSAV_101"]

Hell no, i love Umbrella Chronicles. I doubt we will get a game in the main story though, we might get something like RE outbreak.

That game was pretty fun. Although no continues made it tough.
BrooklynHotBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 BrooklynHotBoy
Member since 2003 • 818 Posts

it'll porbably just be umbrella chronicles 2 or maybe they'll dig back out that resident evil 3.5

I doubt anything major. how many times have developers said "yea we're looking into wii" as pertaining to multi-plat games and never deliver.

SSBFan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SSBFan12
Member since 2008 • 11981 Posts
Could they do like a Resident Evil 4.5? I wonder what happened to Leon after RE4? It should talk about Leon's next mission in the Caribbean/Central America where there was an outbreak of the virus. If they made the game for the ground-up for Wii and didn't slack off then we could be looking at a system seller. livinitup01
Why would they make a Resident Evil 4.5?
Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#44 Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts

it'll porbably just be umbrella chronicles 2 or maybe they'll dig back out that resident evil 3.5

I doubt anything major. how many times have developers said "yea we're looking into wii" as pertaining to multi-plat games and never deliver.

BrooklynHotBoy
Well, I think that also depends on whether or not this would be a multi-platform effort. I will agree that third party multi-platform efforts on Wii have been mostly on the short end of developers' expectations, but considering the success RE has already shown on the Wii thus far, maybe there would be an incentive to focus on creating another installment on the system that is tailor-made to the Wii's strengths. I'm also still taking this with a grain of salt, but it doesn't hurt to think about the possibilities if something comes up.
Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#45 Dark_Link142
Member since 2004 • 6726 Posts
I'm playing RE4 right now, and I'm really enjoying it. More! :)
jmangafan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 jmangafan
Member since 2004 • 1933 Posts

BrooklynHotBoy
I'd be perfectly happy with a second UC, but Capcom is one of the better Wii supporters for 3rd party devs. They've put out 4 great games already RE:4 Wii, RE:UC, Z&W, and Tatsunoko vs Capcom. Hell, given the fact that they've already ported RE0 and REmake to Wii I see no reason why they wouldn't make a great NEW RE game for Wii, they've run out of things to port.
The-Radiohead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 The-Radiohead
Member since 2008 • 50 Posts
I f they do this, Capcom may just earn my respect again. Until then, they suck.
Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#48 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts
[QUOTE="NickD33"]

snover2009

and Mario Galaxy looks twice as good as the Conduit so there is a lot of room for improvement from Wii developers. I'm thinking it will be the Next Zelda that really blows us away.

MrDziekuje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#49 MrDziekuje
Member since 2004 • 7730 Posts

Could they do like a Resident Evil 4.5? I wonder what happened to Leon after RE4? . livinitup01

Have you seen Resident Evil Degeneration?

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#50 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts
As long as it is not a port/remake or a sequel to UC I will be excited!