BREAKING NEWS!!!!! (huge spoiler for DKCR)

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for redlightstudios
redlightstudios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 redlightstudios
Member since 2010 • 570 Posts

CLICK TO SEE THE FINAL BOSS, do not click if you do not want to be spoiled ***FINAL WARNING***

[spoiler]  [/spoiler]

Yes folks, this is real concept art from Retro studiosproving that an old friendis back!!!You saw it here first!

(I'm sorry to those who looked at this before the edit, I am truely very sorry)

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#2 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
I offer you flame shield as an offering for your massive spoiler contribution.
J_Ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 J_Ford
Member since 2003 • 2246 Posts

Thanks for ruining the game TC, that's a massive spoiler:x

redlightstudios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 redlightstudios

my apologies to you select few who saw this before the edit.... I was so excited I completely forgot to put it as a spoiler. I am sincerly apologetic

gamefan67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 gamefan67
Member since 2004 • 10034 Posts
Errr, ummm, I dont know what to say to this. Still does not confirm that they are in-game.
J_Ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 J_Ford

my apologies to you select few who saw this before the edit.... I was so excited I completely forgot to put it as a spoiler. I am sincerly apologetic

redlightstudios

You're not sorry.

You know you should really think befor you post. You could've at least put the pic in spoiler tags so even if you mentioned him we wouldn't have to see the pic unless we wanted to click on SPOILER.

You know how much I've been looking forward to this game, I'm a huge Donkey Kong Country fan. This is something we probly would've found out towards the end of the game, and as much I wanted him to be in it I didn't really want to know until I found out for myself. You pretty much just ruined the entire game for me...

martinX3X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 martinX3X
Member since 2009 • 4488 Posts

[QUOTE="redlightstudios"]

J_Ford

You're not sorry.

You know you should really think befor you post. You could've at least put the pic in spoiler tags so even if you mentioned him we wouldn't have to see the pic unless we wanted to click on SPOILER.

You know how much I've been looking forward to this game, I'm a huge Donkey Kong Country fan. This is something we probly would've found out towards the end of the game, and as much I wanted him to be in it I didn't really want to know until I found out for myself. You pretty much just ruing the entire game for me...

Yea. How could you do such a thing..
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
well this will make people shut up about kremlings not being around :P
redlightstudios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 redlightstudios

J_Ford

You're not sorry.

You know how much I've been looking forward to this game, I'm a huge Donkey Kong Country fan. This is something we probly would've found out towards the end of the game, and as much I wanted him to be in it I didn't really want to know until I found out for myself. You pretty much just ruing the entire game for me...

yes I am sorry, in fact, if I wasn't I wouldn't have just edited my post for others. Again, I didn't mean to burst your bubble my friend. I wish there was something I could do to make up for it for you and the others that have seen it. It was an honest mistake, and I'm truley, truley sorry. I don't know what else to say

dramaybaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dramaybaz
Member since 2005 • 6020 Posts
Hahaha, spolier didn't bother bother me, wasn't going to play this game. Sucks for others though.
louis_was_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 louis_was_here
Member since 2006 • 241 Posts

J_Ford

You're not sorry.

You know how much I've been looking forward to this game, I'm a huge Donkey Kong Country fan. This is something we probly would've found out towards the end of the game, and as much I wanted him to be in it I didn't really want to know until I found out for myself. You pretty much just ruined the entire game for me...

If you were really that excited for the game and didn't want to be spoiled, logic says that you would avoid a thread, in all capital letters in addition, that says "BREAKING NEWS!!!!! (huge spoiler for DKCR)" - sure, the TC should have had tags, but you can't blame him/her because you clicked on the thread. Just saying.
elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
that boss is not impressive
lizzie1238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lizzie1238
Member since 2010 • 1106 Posts
Did no one notice the word 'spoiler' in the title? If you didn't want to be spoiled, why did you go to this topic?
J_Ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 J_Ford

[QUOTE="J_Ford"]

louis_was_here

You're not sorry.

If you were really that excited for the game and didn't want to be spoiled, logic says that you would avoid a thread, in all capital letters in addition, that says "BREAKING NEWS!!!!! (huge spoiler for DKCR)" - sure, the TC should have had tags, but you can't blame him/her because you clicked on the thread. Just saying.

Except for the fact that this wasn't the original thread title he used. It said BREAKING NEWS!!!!! King. K. Rool is in DKCR or something like that. He only changed the topic title and edited his post after myself and a few others already posted. He ruined the game before I even clicked on the thread, he should've had better judgement and more common sense. And I had no idea he had posted a pic either, I thought in his post he would've posted a link or something. It would've been completely different if I didn't see a pic of the final boss in the game as soon as I click on the thread...

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#15 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
Did no one notice the word 'spoiler' in the title? If you didn't want to be spoiled, why did you go to this topic?lizzie1238
I was wondering that too.
J_Ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 J_Ford

[QUOTE="lizzie1238"]Did no one notice the word 'spoiler' in the title? If you didn't want to be spoiled, why did you go to this topic?Kenny789

As I already mentioned he never used the word spoiler until I said he should've in one of my previous posts...

Jelley0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Jelley0
Member since 2009 • 1867 Posts

Can you post the site where you saw it?

redlightstudios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 redlightstudios

In defense of J_Ford... I rushed into the topic blurting the spoiler (in the title) and didn't label it at all. It is my fault and just browsing through the forum would've shown anyone looking at topic titles the spoiler. Again, sorry for the accident, but I've done everything I can to prevent others from being spoiled unless they want to be.

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#19 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts

[QUOTE="Kenny789"][QUOTE="lizzie1238"]Did no one notice the word 'spoiler' in the title? If you didn't want to be spoiled, why did you go to this topic?J_Ford

As I already mentioned he never used the word spoiler until I said he should've in one of my previous posts...

Oh, well.....dang.
redlightstudios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 redlightstudios

Can you post the site where you saw it?

Jelley0

I work in the game industry (at leastI'm starting to)so I can't mention where I received the concept art from besides it was from a friend internally. I've met many a people from shows and just applying places, not to mention colleagues from just going to school.

I however emailed IGN with the news so if they decide to post this as fake or legit... that's up to them. I have no idea how to inform Gamespot of news because there is no option to (unless I'm just not seeing it). If someone knows how to submit news, please inform me and I'd be glad to submit it to GS asap.

Jelley0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jelley0

Guess who's back!

Back again!

Rool is back!

Tell a friend!

Honestly who didn't see it coming? It's not that huge of a spoiler IMO. It's not like we know how the final battle will play out so.... Give the TC a break.

Pesantez

Beside the fact that Retro stated the final boss wouldn't be a croc, and not to mention it was stated Kremlings weren't in the game.

Knight-Owl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#23 Knight-Owl
Member since 2008 • 690 Posts

Guess who's back!

Back again!

Rool is back!

Tell a friend!

Honestly who didn't see it coming? It's not that huge of a spoiler IMO. It's not like we know how the final battle will play out so.... Give the TC a break.

Pesantez

It's one thing to guess that he'd be back...It's completly different to have that confirmed and therefore ruined for you though. Sooo NO don't give the TC a break. And yeah that is a HUGE SPOILER I don't know what you're talking about, anything that gives anything away about the end or nearly end of the game is a HUGE SPOILER. You don't read the end of a book before the begining do you??? Why would anyone wanna know the end of a game before they play it then??? Or maybe it's just that you're not a true gamer, so yeah why should you care. And it's not like it's the TC's first post either...He knew better yet he simply chose to ruin it for others.

Not to mention that this was one of the only games that I even really cared about...Thanks a lot TC :roll:

redlightstudios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 redlightstudios

HERE! I made you a cake to say I'm sorry. If we were allowed to gift people on here, I'd buy the people who saw the spoiler (not willingly) a vc game of their choice. Again, I don't know what else to do....

Jelley0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Jelley0

HERE! I made you a cake to say I'm sorry. If we were allowed to gift people on here, I'd buy the people who saw the spoiler (not willingly) a vc game of their choice. Again, I don't know what else to do....

redlightstudios

I was scrolling down on this page of the thread, and I saw the very top of the picture where it showed the wall because I didn't scroll down all the way, and since the post was by you I thought it was another spoiler :lol:

bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts
ZOMG I tried not to click but I knew I'd end up going into this thread... :( I didn't click the spoiler...and then Bruno dropped the bomb :x! I'm happy though :)
magiciandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 magiciandude
Member since 2004 • 9667 Posts
I was expecting this to be quite honest, so it's not much of a shocker.
Nintendonly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Nintendonly
Member since 2009 • 1409 Posts

Hey Red Light, you are going to ruin your reputation.

Rumor has it that Monty Goulet over at the GameFAQs boards ain't too happy about this.

Phazon64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Phazon64
Member since 2009 • 612 Posts

Interesting...

If this is true then there are going to be a lot of happy DKC fans out there. :lol:

Including me!

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#30 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

dang it, why did I spoil myself?

Oh well, I still want the game.

Gohansephiroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 Gohansephiroth
Member since 2005 • 9871 Posts

Im not gonna believe this till i see an artwork render or screenshot, and that image looks pretty bad even for an early piece of concept art. Retro's artists and design team are lagues above that, just look at the prime games artwork.

AmayaPapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#32 AmayaPapaya
Member since 2008 • 9029 Posts

ZOMG I tried not to click but I knew I'd end up going into this thread... :( I didn't click the spoiler...and then Bruno dropped the bomb :x! I'm happy though :)bobcheeseball

Same exact thing happened to me...BRUNO :x

DANC25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DANC25
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

im sorry but this piece of "concept art" is the biggest pile of crap ever

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

I don't know what to do. I'm so excited about DKCR, and I wanna see all the videos on this game, but at the same time I don't want big spoilers. And by the first few posts, it seems like a huge spoiler.

I just don't know what to do..

.. Do I watch the video?

.. Do I leave myself in agony, and wait for the game?

Can someone advise me lol.

redlightstudios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 redlightstudios

I don't know what to do. I'm so excited about DKCR, and I wanna see all the videos on this game, but at the same time I don't want big spoilers. And by the first few posts, it seems like a huge spoiler.

.. Do I watch the video?

trugs26

it's not a video, it's a photo... just to let you know. Look at your own risk

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

[QUOTE="trugs26"]

.. Do I watch the video?

redlightstudios

it's not a video, it's a photo... just to let you know. Look at your own risk

Ohh ok. Thanks for the heads up.

Hmm.. I still don't know what to do :P

FunkyKong84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#37 FunkyKong84
Member since 2010 • 2374 Posts
Redlights u did a decent job, but who do u think u r fooling?
G-dorf11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 G-dorf11
Member since 2009 • 811 Posts

I don't think that is real, it looks sort of fake. Where did you get that image from?

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
How is King K.Rool being in a DK game a spoiler? That's like Bowser being in Mario or Ganon being in Zelda.
sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#41 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts
What a creepy eye. :P
Bubble_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Bubble_Man
Member since 2006 • 3100 Posts

I went ahead and clicked on the link, fully knowing it was a spoiler. It's not like a story-driven RPG or anything; I'm getting it for the platforming. Besides, I already figured what it was as soon as I saw the word "spoiler." There aren't exactly a lot of things there could be a spoiler about.

TheColbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 TheColbert
Member since 2008 • 3846 Posts

I went ahead and clicked on the link, fully knowing it was a spoiler. It's not like a story-driven RPG or anything; I'm getting it for the platforming. Besides, I already figured what it was as soon as I saw the word "spoiler." There aren't exactly a lot of things there could be a spoiler about.

Bubble_Man
Yeah I mean its a Donkey Kong game. Not like this is a major plot twist.
MangaPicture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MangaPicture
Member since 2006 • 764 Posts

Looks like a fake honestly.

Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#45 Cruse34
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

I'm disappointed that that thing is in the game and that you ruined the game for Jford. I was hoping Retro could do better

Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Cruse34

MangaPicture

I thought that as well, hes only lvl 11 and has no link either...

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="bobcheeseball"]ZOMG I tried not to click but I knew I'd end up going into this thread... :( I didn't click the spoiler...and then Bruno dropped the bomb :x! I'm happy though :)

[QUOTE="bobcheeseball"]ZOMG I tried not to click but I knew I'd end up going into this thread... :( I didn't click the spoiler...and then Bruno dropped the bomb :x! I'm happy though :)AmayaPapaya

Same exact thing happened to me...BRUNO :x

spoiler tag in the title = no need for them inside the topic :P
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="MangaPicture"]

Cruse34

i hope this is sarcasm, i expected more from you than to rate people's value through level. plus, i've never seen K.Rool dressed like that, ever. can only be concept art for the game then.
Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Cruse34

[QUOTE="Cruse34"]

[QUOTE="MangaPicture"]

BrunoBRS

i hope this is sarcasm, i expected more from you than to rate people's value through level. plus, i've never seen K.Rool dressed like that, ever. can only be concept art for the game then.

I know its very harsh, but I though it looked kinda SNES in a way

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Cruse34"]

Cruse34

I know its very harsh, but I though it looked kinda SNES in a way

looks more like something drawn than anything.