Bought a 3ds today!!!!!! what do i need?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Firstinstimct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Firstinstimct
Member since 2011 • 306 Posts
Bought a 3ds brand new for $150 , and zelda. What do i need, are screen protectors good?
Avatar image for 19elderscroll86
19elderscroll86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 19elderscroll86
Member since 2011 • 751 Posts

I recommend screen protectors, and the zelda crystal armor at gamestop is also highly recommended.

KiD_ReMiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 KiD_ReMiX
Member since 2011 • 254 Posts

I recommend screen protectors, and the zelda crystal armor at gamestop is also highly recommended.

19elderscroll86

Agreed. At least for the top screen.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Hori screen protectors, all other brands are garbage that's going to detract from your screen

Avatar image for MOSSBERG_E-Rock
MOSSBERG_E-Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 MOSSBERG_E-Rock
Member since 2004 • 3049 Posts

Hori screen protectors, all other brands are garbage that's going to detract from your screen

Jaysonguy
this
foxfacer2d2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 foxfacer2d2
Member since 2010 • 570 Posts

put it in a box and write a paper that says" don't open until next year" and stick it in front of it.

great games comes next year.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

19elderscroll86

i say you keep that piece of paper in between the screens the 3ds comes with...and forget the screen protectors :P

Firstinstimct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Firstinstimct
Member since 2011 • 306 Posts

put it in a box and write a paper that says" don't open until next year" and stick it in front of it.

foxfacer2d2
No thanks hater, im having a blast with zelda 3d. Awesome additions they made, mario land 3d is this year, mario kart is this year, and i will play ds games too. Nice try
lge777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 lge777
Member since 2003 • 2507 Posts

foxfacer2d2

Have you played Zelda 3D yet ??????.....I would just get Screen Protectors for sure that all you really need...AND DO NOT SIT IT IN THE CORNER.some great games are out for it already...Starfox,TC Ghost Recon,Dragon Quest Monsters all great games out now that are must plays

LovePotionNo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LovePotionNo9
Member since 2010 • 4751 Posts

I recommend the Nyko Power Pak + and the Hori Nintendo 3DS Hard Pouch. Much longer battery life, decent protection, plus carry a few games on the inside. Good size.

JessMarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JessMarz
Member since 2011 • 118 Posts

[QUOTE="19elderscroll86"]

KBFloYd

i say you keep that piece of paper in between the screens the 3ds comes with...and forget the screen protectors :P

This and it's cheaper too.

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts

[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

[QUOTE="19elderscroll86"]

JessMarz

No. I think I remember hearing some people who didn't use screen protectors ended up scratching the top screen because the buttons and slide pad scratched it. You might have gotten lucky and not had a 3DS that scratched the top screen, but I say get screen protectors just in case.
CoLdFuSioN167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 CoLdFuSioN167
Member since 2003 • 94 Posts

Star Fox 64 3D

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

screen protectors, and a larger SD card (along with a 3DS eshop card). Sure, you wont need anything larger than 2 gigs for now, but later on, you'll need them.

Noname81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Noname81
Member since 2011 • 186 Posts

I'd recommend buying some extra styluses. I'm always loosing mine. Plus with some games it doesn't hurt to have more than one.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#16 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

screen protectors is best ican tell you also those plastic things you can carry your games in wouldnt be a bad choice either, depending on how many youll get - right now one pack is fine ,

i already need to buy another pack cause i got 11 games total only 6 games can be h eld in the things so i have 5 loose or id be carrying 5 game boxes lol

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

[QUOTE="JessMarz"]

[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

hydralisk86

No. I think I remember hearing some people who didn't use screen protectors ended up scratching the top screen because the buttons and slide pad scratched it. You might have gotten lucky and not had a 3DS that scratched the top screen, but I say get screen protectors just in case.

ugh..

thats what the paper is for so the the two screens dont touch..

ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 ms555
Member since 2007 • 2665 Posts
Bought a 3ds brand new for $150 , and zelda. What do i need, are screen protectors good? Firstinstimct
get screen protectors, the styulus makes small scratches over time. Get the ten dollar battery life extender, its a steal. Also go pick up starfox 64, and a ds game like either pokemon black or kirby mass attack
hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts

[QUOTE="hydralisk86"][QUOTE="JessMarz"]

KBFloYd

ugh..

thats what the paper is for so the the two screens dont touch..

You could never be too sure. I use that paper, and i still get smudges on the top screen.
Alan-ex-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Alan-ex-
Member since 2007 • 559 Posts

I have a Hand Grip and Hori's Screen Protective Filters.

the9thinning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 the9thinning
Member since 2011 • 662 Posts

I've found that screen protectors are unneccasary.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
Like most everybody's said, screen protectors- I delayed and now I'm stuck with a gnarly vertical scratch on my top screen- it even effects 3D from time to time. Otherwise, someone mentioned a bigger SD card- I've got a 16 gigger in mine (micro sd in a jumper), so I've got some tunes on it, and scads of room for anything I want to download. For games, I highly recommend Samurai Warriors Chronicles, and THOR: God of Thunder. I'm also looking forward to Captain America: Super Soldier, but that's mainly because I liked the console version so well.
Calvin079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 Calvin079
Member since 2008 • 16406 Posts

I've found that screen protectors are unneccasary.

the9thinning

Same here. Pick a couple of DS games that you'll think you'll enjoy. Next month comes Super Mario 3D Land, then after that is Mario Kart 3DS (Mario Kart 7)

Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#24 Spinnerweb
Member since 2009 • 2995 Posts

I recommend having Link's wooden shield between the two screens.

Also, what you need: Software Updates, DS Games, Zelda Four Swords (free), and ... anything you want :D

Your call.

Burnt_Brains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Burnt_Brains
Member since 2011 • 187 Posts
A charger (which came with the system obviously) and possibly screen protectors...And some decent games, I recommend Zelda: OoT.
foxfacer2d2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 foxfacer2d2
Member since 2010 • 570 Posts

[QUOTE="foxfacer2d2"]

Firstinstimct

No thanks hater, im having a blast with zelda 3d. Awesome additions they made, mario land 3d is this year, mario kart is this year, and i will play ds games too. Nice try

I had a 3ds because there was megaman legends 3 in 3d and then it got cacelled. now, well you could call me a hater because i just hate it when that really happened.

now i hope my anticipated games of next year won't get cancelled

Flame3DS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Flame3DS
Member since 2011 • 57 Posts

A nice case will be good if you carry your 3DS around where ever you go.

glimpus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#28 glimpus
Member since 2004 • 2306 Posts

my ds lite case fits it perfectly, so if youve got one of those laying around it should be fine.

also, i recommend putting some sort of cloth inbetween it while you're carrying it around, to protect the screens from potentially scratching like they do for some people.

on top of that, personally ive never really found the need for screen protectors. i guess im just really careful with my electronics, my ds lite never had any and i didnt scratch it, i just take good care of these things considering that they're pretty darn expensive (relatively speaking).