Miseryguts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Miseryguts
Member since 2015 • 59 Posts

A new Switch owner here. I've played lots on the WiiU version of BOTW and for the most part would say it performs reasonably well considering the scope of the game (fair bit of pop in/stuttering etc but not enough to spoil things for me) & will no doubt be picking up a Switch copy before too long.. was just wondering how folk who have put in time with both versions would compare the two, would you say it's significantly better performing/looking on Switch or not really?

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#2 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Breath of the Wild on the Switch runs smoother and looks noticeably sharper. I enjoyed the game way more on the Switch without so much framerate stuttering.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts
Loading Video...

This is patch 1.11 we are now at 1.5.0 the last time i checked so loads more optimistation has been done. I only play the game on the switch in handheld mode tho and frankly i didn't had a slowdown anywhere. not even in villages or heavy grass area's the framerate is rock solid. How it perform on the TV screen no clue.

What i do know is that the wii-u version which a mate of mine has, the game struggles massively in villages with lots of stutters and framedrops. Also grass area's it's GG. So yea you will see a lot of improvement if you play the updated version.

NintenDORKband

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 NintenDORKband
Member since 2018 • 5 Posts

I beat BoTW on Wii U, I also tried my nephew's Switch. Didn't notice much of a difference.