Bossess to replace Master hand in SSBB?

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

smackbang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 smackbang
Member since 2005 • 907 Posts

With the new updates on Brawl's site I noticed they had the Ridley music, now I remember Ridley being mentioned to be in the game so maybe Ridley could be a boss, then I thought back to Gamespots Melee review

It said something about a bland single player right? now WHAT IF to spice the single player up all the characters in single player fight a boss related to their game rather than just master hand?

Take for example Snake could fight a Metal gear, Samus could fight Ridley, Mario could fight a Giga bowser, Link could fight Ganon, Pikachu could fight a really difficult pokemon?, Fox could fight Andross? etc.

Benno2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Benno2000
Member since 2004 • 428 Posts
sounds pretty cool actually.
agrippi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 agrippi
Member since 2003 • 1195 Posts
i would hope they would have thought of that. if they do, i'll be curious to see how they work everything out...i.e. will luigi have bowser or mario or waluigi as a boss? i'm sure all three of them will be playable characters already, so will they spice it up for the boss fight? who knows...although anything would be better than master hand.
sumarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sumarr
Member since 2006 • 944 Posts
eah the master hand fight was pretty bland. does Brawl have a story? Is their a reson why they are fighting? Maybe they will create an original character. Oh it should be Count Bleck LOL. And Ganon was playable in Melee.
mrmajora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 mrmajora
Member since 2006 • 1064 Posts
that's a terrific idea. It would be better though if you could turn it on or off. Amazing idea I hope they do it.
baseballSGFkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 baseballSGFkid
Member since 2007 • 1563 Posts
That would make single player alot better
Lance_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lance_C
Member since 2004 • 34544 Posts
A very creative idea, but I doubt your wish will come true, no matter how much hope we all have.
arcelice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 arcelice
Member since 2007 • 702 Posts
That does sound pretty cool. It would definitely make beating the game with every character worthwhile, therefore increasing the replay value by a helluva lot.
smackbang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 smackbang

A very creative idea, but I doubt your wish will come true, no matter how much hope we all have.Lance_C

WE CAN STILL HOPE!

smackbang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 smackbang

That does sound pretty cool. It would definitely make beating the game with every character worthwhile, therefore increasing the replay value by a helluva lot.arcelice

Just what I thought, its a better incentive than the trophies.

mattyftm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mattyftm
Member since 2005 • 7306 Posts
sounds good to me. I still think the best way to improve singel player would be to add a story mode though.
snowman6251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 snowman6251
Member since 2006 • 5321 Posts

one of two good ideas for games on the Wii forum xD

seriously though cool idea.

Mario, Luigi - Bowser (not count Bleck sry)

Link, Zelda - Ganon

Kirby - Metaknight

Pit - ._. um.........something...

Samus - Ridley

and vice versa because if you play as a bad guy you should fight a good guy

mllrmatt8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mllrmatt8
Member since 2007 • 626 Posts
idk i wouldnt doubt it
sumarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 sumarr
Member since 2006 • 944 Posts

Link, Zelda - Ganon

Kirby - Metaknight

Samus - Ridley

snowman6251

Bowser and Ganon will more than likely be characters you can play as. Who do they fight? Link and Mario? Those aren't Bosses

enduin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 enduin
Member since 2003 • 1364 Posts

It would be great if they actually had a custom adventure mode for each character, or at least most of them and their own boss. But for the amount of characters the game is going to have(think it was said there would be no more than 50) it could be just too much to expect.

But it would add so much to the game and really get you to play all of the characters and learn their fighting styles. Cause the single player stuff in SSB and SSBM was ok, but repetitive and I at least didnt try out all the characters like I could/should have or really got to know how they fought. Having unique adventures modes and bosses for everyone with a little story would be the best addition to the game after online play.

sirGiZZalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 sirGiZZalot
Member since 2005 • 130 Posts
man, naming a hand 'master' was not a particularly good idea on nintendo/hal's part...
Goten_king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#17 Goten_king
Member since 2004 • 4327 Posts

Thats cool. I do like taht. But theres a problem.. who does bowser fight? peach? luigi? bowser's enemy is mario, Giga mario?

But still. Thats a good idea. I think that would be best for teh Adventure Mode.
For the klassic mode, they should make up a new SSBB specific enemy. also, the fight before the big boss battle should be a fight with your Mii. A very strong and powerful Mii. That would just be hilarious trying to beat yourself up! love it....

PS: Why does GS block the simplest of words.

OOH YEAH!! i forgot the biggest idea i had ... well when melee came out. I think there should either be a new mode, story or replace adventuer with this... but here it goes...
Each character would have an entire story. Something happens to them or thier "nintendo world" and they go off to fight through this huge story in order to find out who an/or what is causing it. In the end after passing through 20 stages and events, they find it was thier enemy, like stated above. After every character has beaten this mode, a movie clip is found where all the characters are in one place having just defeated thier main enemy, only to find there was one big mastermind behind it all. After it explains everything, you have to fight this new boss who absorbs all the powers of the enemies everyone defeated. So then you can pick your character and spend the rest of your life trying to beat this insanely hard uber boss. :) the end.

^^ sry for wall of text ^^

mcxps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 mcxps3
Member since 2007 • 659 Posts
is giga bowser really real i thought it was just a mod or something could someone post a link to a video or something.
ravemast117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ravemast117
Member since 2005 • 486 Posts
I hope they change the single player modes ALOT, they better spice things up, or all I'm going to play is online WiFi on multi rofl... Single player does get tiring after a while... with Master Hand..
ravemast117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ravemast117
Member since 2005 • 486 Posts

is giga bowser really real i thought it was just a mod or something could someone post a link to a video or something.mcxps3

He's on the last event match in Melee..

chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts

is giga bowser really real i thought it was just a mod or something could someone post a link to a video or something.mcxps3

Giga Bowser was on Super Smash bros Melee. You have to beat the adventure mode at normal, hard or very hard to have to beat him. He's also on last event on the event mode with Ganondorf and Mewtwo.

You can only play onhim with a Action Replay code.

chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts
As for the idea of the TC, I think it could an awesome idea.
ranman1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#23 ranman1990
Member since 2006 • 295 Posts

why does everyone think mario would fight boswer,,,, Donkey Kong was also one of his enemies so you can take that into consideration as well .. another thing,i like the idea about the character you choose is their big time boss in there own game at the end .

Greencrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Greencrash
Member since 2005 • 886 Posts
i'd like to see TP ganon or shadow queen from paper mario 2 as a hidden boss character.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 105506
Member since 2004 • 5285 Posts

A Master Hand holding a wii remote could be cool

LOLhahaDEAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#26 LOLhahaDEAD
Member since 2006 • 4431 Posts
That'd be pretty cool.
Avatar image for EndlessPunisher
EndlessPunisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 EndlessPunisher
Member since 2005 • 1390 Posts

[QUOTE="mcxps3"]is giga bowser really real i thought it was just a mod or something could someone post a link to a video or something.chris3116

Giga Bowser was on Super Smash bros Melee. You have to beat the adventure mode at normal, hard or very hard to have to beat him. He's also on last event on the event mode with Ganondorf and Mewtwo.

You can only play onhim with a Action Replay code.

Here you go http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj_kr34es-8
hyrueprince11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 hyrueprince11
Member since 2005 • 5722 Posts
that should be done in adventure mode, I think the classic mode should stay like it is
InsaneFool79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 InsaneFool79
Member since 2005 • 96 Posts

Thats cool. I do like taht. But theres a problem.. who does bowser fight? peach? luigi? bowser's enemy is mario, Giga mario?

But still. Thats a good idea. I think that would be best for teh Adventure Mode.
For the klassic mode, they should make up a new SSBB specific enemy. also, the fight before the big boss battle should be a fight with your Mii. A very strong and powerful Mii. That would just be hilarious trying to beat yourself up! love it....

OOH YEAH!! i forgot the biggest idea i had ... well when melee came out. I think there should either be a new mode, story or replace adventuer with this... but here it goes...
Each character would have an entire story. Something happens to them or thier "nintendo world" and they go off to fight through this huge story in order to find out who an/or what is causing it. In the end after passing through 20 stages and events, they find it was thier enemy, like stated above. After every character has beaten this mode, a movie clip is found where all the characters are in one place having just defeated thier main enemy, only to find there was one big mastermind behind it all. After it explains everything, you have to fight this new boss who absorbs all the powers of the enemies everyone defeated. So then you can pick your character and spend the rest of your life trying to beat this insanely hard uber boss. :) the end.

Goten_king

I like this idea a lot. But I dont think that the last bosses should be a playable character like mario vs bowser, it should be like mario vs bowser in his little floating clown face thing in super mario world or giga bowser or bowser goes through different transformations something to spice up the characters and have it on some cool stage or something that its just not like a regular smash bros fight but like a platformer boss i guess.

Guckyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 Guckyy
Member since 2007 • 1227 Posts
I posted this same exact topic yesterday.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts
[QUOTE="snowman6251"]

Link, Zelda - Ganon

Kirby - Metaknight

Samus - Ridley

sumarr

Bowser and Ganon will more than likely be characters you can play as. Who do they fight? Link and Mario? Those aren't Bosses

Ganon wasn't in Melee that was Ganondorf Ganon is really big monster that you fought at the end of ooT, and also fought him in other Zelda's.
Demon2545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#32 Demon2545
Member since 2005 • 61053 Posts
Any new boss is good for me, master hand is such a boring boss
smackbang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 smackbang

I posted this same exact topic yesterday.Guckyy

Really? like to post a link?

Avatar image for nishamuffypuppy
nishamuffypuppy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#34 nishamuffypuppy
Member since 2004 • 5731 Posts
That would be cool... but would they be playable characters? If not, maybe then are Mini Bosses BEFORE Master Hand.
Odsplut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Odsplut
Member since 2005 • 176 Posts

Take for example Snake could fight a Metal gear, Samus could fight Ridley, Mario could fight a Giga bowser, Link could fight Ganon, Pikachu could fight a really difficult pokemon?, Fox could fight Andross? etc.

smackbang

Now that would be awesome!

What about Wario; maybe that Black Jewel with one eye and tentacles from Wario World?

Kirby vs King Dedede (Is that how you spell it?)

Metaknight vs Kirby?

monty_4256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 monty_4256
Member since 2004 • 8577 Posts

it's not a new idea, it has come up in nearly every "share your SSBB ideas" topics

sorry, but this has been thought of before, and it is a nice idea, and it probably will happen

monty_4256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 monty_4256

That would be cool... but would they be playable characters? If not, maybe then are Mini Bosses BEFORE Master Hand.nishamuffypuppy
has anyone here actually PLAYER MELEE

the master hand was ONLY the boss of CLASSIC, bowser was the boss in the adventure mode, (which was the actual single part for melee)

monty_4256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 monty_4256

oh and to all of the people saying that bowser wouldn't fight mario since he's not a boss

MARIO IS BOWSERS ARCH ENEMY! therefore to bowser mario IS a boss
same with ganon and link, ridley and samus, kirby and metaknight
the only one I see a problem with is solid snake, wich I say have him with a differant costume (ie. liquid snake! his twin brother!) or maybe revolver ocalot should be added in too
and for donkey kong it would be mario of course,
for fox donkey kong maybe? since lets face it, fox fights a LOT of monkeys, usually guerillas tho, whereas donkey kong is more of a large chimp...

pikachu could have mewtwo, mewtwo have jigglypuff, jigglypuff have pikachu
roy have a new character (ie. the dragons... I dunno something like that)

it's complicated business for some of the less famous bad guys such as kid icurus,
or games that don't really have a "bad guy" as such, like pokemon, or anchanging bad guy like fire emblem or metal gear

I say a unified bad guy would be better, a new version of the master hand (but not the master hand of course (leave him to the C Lassic mode), something PLAYABLE, but not actually from a game, like the way the master hand was supposed to be the kid who was playing with action figures (if anyone actually remembers that from the original game) something like the big bad
just a new character (who isn't really uncool like the name I just gave, but that can be specific to this game for a character to be the enemy for everyone

mrmajora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mrmajora
Member since 2006 • 1064 Posts
yeah more replay value too
yusefdoodi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 yusefdoodi
Member since 2005 • 2071 Posts
same
nathanlol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41 nathanlol
Member since 2007 • 267 Posts
Interesting idea. Although not all the characters on the game have a counterpart. I like it though.
1upMushroomX6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#42 1upMushroomX6
Member since 2007 • 831 Posts
THE ULTIMATE WII-MOTE.... lol
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts
That would so awesome.
hohothemanly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 hohothemanly
Member since 2006 • 87 Posts

Goten_king

Yeah, um... thats a good idea and all, but the ending is like the EXACT same thing as in Metroid Prime: Hunters.... does no one see the connection??

silent_seaxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#45 silent_seaxx
Member since 2006 • 1322 Posts
f soul Calibur but I like the IDEA
cobrax80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#46 cobrax80
Member since 2003 • 4658 Posts

With the new updates on Brawl's site I noticed they had the Ridley music, now I remember Ridley being mentioned to be in the game so maybe Ridley could be a boss, then I thought back to Gamespots Melee review

It said something about a bland single player right? now WHAT IF to spice the single player up all the characters in single player fight a boss related to their game rather than just master hand?

smackbang

It won't be any nintendo or video game character, it has to be nuetral. Master Hands might return. but it would be funny if it was master feet or something, lol. Anyway, i would like something original like a new character. It would have to be good enough to replace master hand but not seem too different or too similar. That is going to be hard, i know.

Avatar image for remmbermytitans
remmbermytitans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#47 remmbermytitans
Member since 2005 • 7214 Posts
i like that idea... hahaha, im sure nintendo will do something like it, though can you imagine a co-op type thing? playing together though would require a higher difficulty level :)
DS_Lightning21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 DS_Lightning21
Member since 2007 • 741 Posts

We definitely need more bosses in SSBB. How about the Eggplant Wizard from Kid Icarus? Now that would be frustrating!

kukukuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 kukukuk
Member since 2005 • 2406 Posts
eah the master hand fight was pretty bland. does Brawl have a story? Is their a reson why they are fighting?sumarr

I never read the rest of the thread so I don't know if your question was answered yet, but they are toys, as revealed in the intro to Super Smash Bros. for the N64. That is why the Master Hand is the final boss.
pwonager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 pwonager
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Sounds cool