This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by cowboycawley (674 posts) -
Many times when I turn off my Wii, the blue light surrounding the disc tray will light up and flicker. The Wii works fine, but its kind of annoying, and I was wondering if there is a problem. I'm just afraid that its the begining of something worse
#2 Posted by ag1052 (5725 posts) -
youve got a message cowboy... check the messages on your wii
#3 Posted by AndYOU (6712 posts) -

It's not a problem, it's normal for it to do that. Do you mean when you turn it on though? Most of the time Wii's don't light up when they're turned off that I know of, but I doubt it's a big problem

#4 Posted by one_of_panda (487 posts) -
Its not a problem at all, its supposed to do that.
#5 Posted by JAB991 (6077 posts) -
Your Wii's gonna explode! Kidding, it's normal :)
#6 Posted by IronManRhino (2135 posts) -
Buy a new wii, that one's broken, I'll take the old one off your hands :p j/k of course, check your messages.
#7 Posted by chelosera91 (778 posts) -

Many times when I turn off my Wii, the blue light surrounding the disc tray will light up and flicker. The Wii works fine, but its kind of annoying, and I was wondering if there is a problem. I'm just afraid that its the begining of something worsecowboycawley

OMG, you got da wii virus, send it to Nintendo ASAP

#8 Posted by Erebyssial (2903 posts) -
If you find it annoying you can just turn it off via Wii options menu.
#9 Posted by smileyryder34 (468 posts) -

The blue light comes on when you insert or remove a disc and when you turn the power on. These moments it's on for only a second before going off again. It also flickers if you've received a message. It's perfectly normal.

#10 Posted by Hells_Hammer (972 posts) -

If you find it annoying you can just turn it off via Wii options menu.Erebyssial

But he didn't read the manual in the first place...how would he know? hehe.

#11 Posted by Arkk_Angel (787 posts) -

[QUOTE="Erebyssial"]If you find it annoying you can just turn it off via Wii options menu.Hells_Hammer

My thoughts exactly! Sorry TC, but might I recommend reading the manual just a bit? :)

#12 Posted by Rigga911 (2429 posts) -
it means it is thristy, give it some water
#13 Posted by yowvapa2 (209 posts) -

With the TC's question, I wonder people who ask these questions on this forum ever read the instruction manual. A poster who asks whether save information from GameCube games can be saved on the Wii's hard drive, also shows that he has not read the manual.

#14 Posted by bobbetybob (19370 posts) -
[QUOTE="Hells_Hammer"]

[QUOTE="Erebyssial"]If you find it annoying you can just turn it off via Wii options menu.Arkk_Angel

My thoughts exactly! Sorry TC, but might I recommend reading the manual just a bit? :)

Wha!? Who here actually read the manual? I never read the manual for game consoles I thought they were pretty straightforward...

#15 Posted by EaterOfFood (62 posts) -
Haha Oh dear I dont read the manual either. I just tend to explore the console. Like first time I turned on my wii, I just went straight to the options to mess with them and figure out what I could change.
#16 Posted by izayoi (1718 posts) -
Its too bad that you can't have it on.

1000 posts!