BlazBlue for Wii?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shoryuken_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 shoryuken_
Member since 2009 • 3420 Posts

As many of you know, a fighting game called BlazBlue has been released recently for the 360 and PS3. It seems that this series has huge potential and I would like some of your opinions.

So here are the questions: Do you think BlazBlue could be done on the Wii's hardware? Would there ever be a port of it for the Wii? If so, would you be interested in getting it?

Personally, I love anime and fighting games, and this game has both. So I would love it if it got ported over. For controls, you could use either the classic controller or a arcade stick I guess?

eo_the_shaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 eo_the_shaman
Member since 2009 • 1800 Posts

um no i dont think the wii would be good for this game

Avatar image for deactivated-5add084b23cf4
deactivated-5add084b23cf4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3 deactivated-5add084b23cf4
Member since 2005 • 1335 Posts

It might get ported, but you'd get a safer bet buying an xbox 360 or ps3 if possible someday. Besides, the beautiful 2d sprites are not supported by the Wii, and it wouldn't look as clean/impressive, as well as wouldn't play as fluid.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

The Wii isn't strong enough to run it as is

That means downgrade and I don't like asking for inferior products

Just buy the console it's intended for if it's a pressing need

shoryuken_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 shoryuken_

Jaysonguy

i mean obviously it wont have hd graphics because the wii doesnt support it

besides that, what does blazblue have that the wii isnt capable of doing?

kobraka1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 kobraka1
Member since 2009 • 890 Posts
i would hope they wouldnt do it.the wii doesnt need another inferior port.
shoryuken_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 shoryuken_

i would hope they wouldnt do it.the wii doesnt need another inferior port.kobraka1

can you guys explain how it would be inferior? minus high def, what else do you think would be worse about it?

Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Sonick54
Member since 2005 • 7947 Posts
People need to realize something important about gaming it's a hobby that's expensive. When you buy a console, don't expect every game to be on every console. If you want to play a certain game on another console, then you're gonna have to buy THAT console to play it. Begging for it to appear on the console you have currently won't happen
shoryuken_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 shoryuken_

you obviously didn't read the topic because i wasn't "begging" for anything. i was asking if a port would be feasible on the wii and if people would be interested in picking it up if it did come out

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30685 Posts
People need to realize something important about gaming it's a hobby that's expensive. When you buy a console, don't expect every game to be on every console. If you want to play a certain game on another console, then you're gonna have to buy THAT console to play it. Begging for it to appear on the console you have currently won't happenSonick54
Well thats not true at all if publishers see a potential source of revenue on a console they will bring a game over, it all really depends on how much time and resources(aka money) it would take to port it and how much potential revenue will be returned. If there is a chance the money spent to bring it over will not be returned then it wont come, that is the only deciding factor, if what you said were true everyone would have to buy PS3's to play FFXIII. And yeah people really should stop crying inferior port for every Wii game that is on another console because this is simply a 2D fighting game those have been around since the SNES. The only thing lost would be the fact that it couldn't be played in HD, thats not really inferior because if you have a SD tv then they all play in 480.
shoryuken_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 shoryuken_

Thank you Sepewrath, those were my thoughts exactly. There are some ports that would no doubt be inferior on the Wii (take RE 5 for example). You guys need to remember that this is a 2d fighter, not something like MGS4. It is very possible to bring it to the Wii.

bc1391

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bc1391
Member since 2004 • 11906 Posts

Jaysonguy

I know right, the game is just too graphically demanding for the Wii to run it :roll:

Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Sonick54
Member since 2005 • 7947 Posts

Thank you Sepewrath, those were my thoughts exactly. There are some ports that would no doubt be inferior on the Wii (take RE 5 for example). You guys need to remember that this is a 2d fighter, not something like MGS4. It is very possible to bring it to the Wii.

shoryuken_
it could very well be done on the wii. the thing is, why didn't the publishers do all 3 from the get go? why wait a few months to port it over to the wii? to see how it would do on HD consoles then decide from there? because i can bet you it wouldn't sell any better on the wii. Games like blazblue appeal to a small demographic. Wii's majority fanbase is consisted of casuals. the 360 and ps3 are getting a ton of fighting games this gen? why? because they know the minority who prefer these fighting games are on the other 2 consoles. I won't deny it wouldn't take long to just port blazblue over, but what prevented publishers from maximizing profit on all 3 if all 3 could run it pretty well? (it is a 2d fighting game after all, not tekken 6). it probably has to do more with fanbase and the HD capability that attracts devs. (and possibly the online exploitation, which wii does not execute well)
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Sepewrath
^The Wii does online well enough for the simple system that Blaz Blue has it's biggest online feature is a lobby where you watch fights until its your turn and that is sort of done in Mario Kart. However the reason I don't see it happening on the Wii is because of ths some silly technical barrier that people make up in thier heads, its because like Sonick said Blaz Blue is just the continuation of Guilty Gear which is already on the Wii *cough cough* and that hasn't sold through the roof. Though Guilty Gear has never been a top selling fighting franchise because it isn't really user friendly like SF. Toss that together with the fact that Wii owners don't like new IP's they probably don't see it being a financially wise decision to bring it to the Wii.
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts

Jaysonguy
Agreed. Stop asking for "me too" downgraded ports.
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
[QUOTE="bc1391"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

I know right, the game is just too graphically demanding for the Wii to run it :roll:

just because it's 2d, doesnt mean it will look just like that on wii. in fact, if you compare KoF ps2 and ps3 ones, the difference is obvious
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Sepewrath
^ever heard of Muramasa a visually impressive 2D game for the Wii, maybe you have. Well the reason it looks so good is not because each character on the screen is made up of 50,000 polygons. Its because its has an exceptional artstyle and excellent animations, same as this game. The only big difference you would see in a Wii version is the color's.
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
^ever heard of Muramasa a visually impressive 2D game for the Wii, maybe you have. Well the reason it looks so good is not because each character on the screen is made up of 50,000 polygons. Its because its has an exceptional artstyle and excellent animations, same as this game. The only big difference you would see in a Wii version is the color's.Sepewrath
i played odin sphere, and im pre-ordering muramasa soon (next month or so), so yes, i have heard of muramasa. what im concerned is will ArkSys put enough effort to make the sprites look good enough to match the hd ones. and because game being the port, no i dont think they will.
Chojuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Chojuto
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts
Personally I don't think we need it. We already have Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core + and soon to have Tatsuonko vs. Capcom. If people would be interested in it, sure, but I wouldn't be.
TheAcejoel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 98

#20 TheAcejoel99
Member since 2008 • 1059 Posts

Iam a fighter fan, and yes, I think blazBlue looks interesting and fun. And sorry for saying this, but the wii just hasfar to weak hardware to handle what blazblue is doing on PS3 and 360. They could release a version that has been down-sized, as in, making it look worse (far worse) dropping the frames from 60 to 30, and removing online, because it would be lag ridden. Sorry if you had hopes of this happening, but it just isnt going to happen. MAYBE an original blazblue could come to wii, but only if it were built with wii in mind. Sorry, wii is just to weak.

wiidskirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 wiidskirby
Member since 2008 • 1317 Posts

I think that they would try to make it with motion controls, but it could end up as another waggle game. It could also turn out flawlessly, but my past experiences (Star Wars: Force Unleashed) kind of steer me with a pessimistic manner.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5add084b23cf4

^ever heard of Muramasa a visually impressive 2D game for the Wii, maybe you have. Well the reason it looks so good is not because each character on the screen is made up of 50,000 polygons. Its because its has an exceptional artstyle and excellent animations, same as this game. The only big difference you would see in a Wii version is the color's.Sepewrath
Whoa, for a multiple console owner, you're an enormous fanboy. Compare guilty gear on the wii versus blazblue, and you WILL see a difference. The sprites wouldn't be as detailed. The backgrounds wouldn't be a nice, and the gameplay wouldn't be as fast paced and fluid. That's for sure. Besides, who wants an inferior port? Instead, make a game from the ground up. Then again most wii owners won't buy it (me included) because they either bought it to lose weight, or for the good ol' nintendo franchises (like me!)

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Sepewrath

Whoa, for a multiple console owner, you're an enormous fanboy. Compare guilty gear on the wii versus blazblue, and you WILL see a difference. The sprites wouldn't be as detailed. The backgrounds wouldn't be a nice, and the gameplay wouldn't be as fast paced and fluid. That's for sure. Besides, who wants an inferior port? Instead, make a game from the ground up. Then again most wii owners won't buy it (me included) because they either bought it to lose weight, or for the good ol' nintendo franchises (like me!)DarkSan00

Wow that was like the dumbest thing I ever heard, I'm a fanboy because I said something that was true. You think because this game looks better than Guilty Gear that the Wii was tapped out. You attribute too much of this game's visuals to simple horsepower, it is the result of brilliant artwork and the speed and fluidity of the game is not because of polygons its because of the framerate. And guess what the Wii can do 60FPS, look at the speed and fluid gameplay of Tastsunoko vs Capcom, its superior to SFIV and more in line with MvC series of the PS2. The only thing inferior about it would the overall look, the game wouldn't look as crisp obviously since its not HD. And you say that you wont buy a good game on the Wii because you only want 1st party Nintendo titles and you call me a fanboy, you have to be joking. Take it somewhere else chief. Though personally I don't think the game will come to the Wii because it will sell fine at least by Guilty Gear status on the PS3 and 360.

shoryuken_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 shoryuken_

Whoa, for a multiple console owner, you're an enormous fanboy. Compare guilty gear on the wii versus blazblue, and you WILL see a difference. The sprites wouldn't be as detailed. The backgrounds wouldn't be a nice, and the gameplay wouldn't be as fast paced and fluid. That's for sure. Besides, who wants an inferior port? Instead, make a game from the ground up. Then again most wii owners won't buy it (me included) because they either bought it to lose weight, or for the good ol' nintendo franchises (like me!)

DarkSan00

wow, you're acting like guilty gear is maxing out the Wii's hardware capabilities...it's not even close

minus hd graphics, i'm pretty sure that everything else would be able to be preserved. this game is not a polygon cruncher, this game looks good because of the artstyle.

also, care to explain how it wouldn't be as fast paced than the ps3/360 versions????

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5add084b23cf4

Framerate would drop from 60 to 30 most likely. Also, it's not only the polygons, but rather the sprites. You see, blazblue sprites are way bigger and more detailed than those found in 2D fighters like MVC2, guilty gear, and others. And as some dude before me said: compare the graphics between kof from the xbox/ps2 to the graphics in the ps3/360 KOF12, or guilty gear on the wii, ps2 or xbox compared to blazblue. There IS a difference, and it's quite noticeable in many aspects. Background, sprites, and other things such as the previously mentioned framerate would have to be different.

I am, by no means saying that I know how to program the game, but I'm certain that blazblue on the wii wouldn't look just as good, nor play as fast.

EDIT: I think I didn't write it properly regarding new IP's. Most of them do not appeal to me, which is a shame considering that I did buy lots of new ones last gen (god of war, kingdom hearts, viewtiful joe come to mind) and this one I've also bought new ones such as mass effect, infamous, bioshock, etc. Nevertheless, new IP's like madworld and the conduit do not interest me. No don't flame me, but finding out a game has a short campaign is bad for me, very bad since I love single player, (madworld is like 6 hours, and apparently has no rerplay value from what I've read, so I will rent it, same with the conduit). Only new IP for the wii I feel bad for not getting is No More Heroes, but that will be fixed in the following weeks. Thing is, most new IP's on the wii don't seem as high quality as the ones present LAST GEN.

EDIT: easy there fellas, especially the guy who said my comment was stupid

EDIT: anyone still here?

shoryuken_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 shoryuken_

to darksan: i'll say it again, games like guilty gear are not even CLOSE to maxing out the wii's power

if it can handle SMG, it can handle this

GamerJM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GamerJM
Member since 2007 • 1218 Posts
I don't think they'd have to take away much for it to be ported to Wii, but Guilty Gear has never been on Nintendo consoles in the first place so I wouldn't expect it.
shoryuken_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 shoryuken_

gamerm, actually, there are two guilty gear games for Wii :shock:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-5add084b23cf4

to darksan: i'll say it again, games like guilty gear are not even CLOSE to maxing out the wii's power

if it can handle SMG, it can handle this

shoryuken_

touché my friend. Mario Galaxy is one of the most beautiful games out there, and proff that you don't need HD to have a pretty damn fine looking game. Nevertheless, consider the developers. Nintendo ALWAYS has the best looking games on it's consoles, whilst arcsystemworks has awesomely good looking 2D games. It can at the most, look a bit better than guilty gear right now, but not as good as blazblue, and there will be sacrifices, hence, making it an "inferior" port... IMO

shoryuken_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 shoryuken_

i'd still get it as long as the gameplay and online was still there :P

eo_the_shaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 eo_the_shaman
Member since 2009 • 1800 Posts

well arent the 2D fighters today have so much animation going on? and anyone exactly like to explain how you would do the moves since the wii might have a chance with this title

shoryuken_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 shoryuken_

well arent the 2D fighters today have so much animation going on? and anyone exactly like to explain how you would do the moves since the wii might have a chance with this title

eo_the_shaman

Well let's see, from my understanding of BlazBlue's controls, you have the your directional buttons for movement, 3 standard attack buttons, and 1 button for character specific skills (correct me if I'm wrong guys, I haven't played it). It COULD technically work on the wii+nunchuck, but the classic controller or an arcade stick would obviously be the preference here.

Guilty Gear which is made by the same people who created BlazBlue is on the Wii, and that works pretty well

firedonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 firedonut
Member since 2007 • 390 Posts

I'm sure it's possible, but they would have to shrink the character sprites since they are fairly large, and also the backgrounds are 3D so they would most likely be downgraded.