Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

So after i got myself a switch, i kinda got burnt out on the game lineup so i wanted something new and ended up buying a 3DS again after 6 years of not owning one second handed.

My main issue's at the time with the 3DS was in 2011/2 whatever the year after release:

1) Games where expensive.

2) Barely any content out that interested me.

3) Sold my normal 3DS for and bought a 3DS XL at the time, as the normal 3DS i felt like looking through a keyhole to small really, and the XL ppi was just horrible to the point of me just not bothering anymore.

4) 3D effect was terrible, ghosting everywhere and the small range you could see it really made it a uncomfortable solution specially on the small screen

However fast forwards towards 2018:

I kinda miss the 3D effect of the 3DS pushed forwards and kinda wanted to reexperience it. Also the 3DS is on its last legs and finding software for it will most likely be troublesome if they can the device next year. So i don't want to be to late to the party so i can build a library for it.

1) Games are dirt cheap now, freaking luigi mansion 2 sells for 15 bucks. Hell that's more like it.

2) Massive line of content, even pokemon red/blue with pokebank makes it a hell lot more interesting for me to dip into it. With all games out now and even another luigi mansion upcoming, hell yea.

3) I noticed that the new 3DS had a bigger screen but not as big as XL which makes it look a lot more better then before without the massive hit on ppi. Best of both worlds won't get better. Also better hardware and improved load times is hell yea.

4) 3D effect seems to be fixed with some super stable version. I heard good word about it so hope it actually is the case. Because it's one of the reasons i buy into it. I really liked the 3D back in the day sadly it didn't work well at the time.

So it makes total sense for me to get one and got one.

Now the issue, i need games for it while i already got a list myself for games to buy, what i really search are games with excellent if not the best 3D featured in it.

So if any die hard 3DS gamers that have some backlog going on the handheld can advice me with the games for that. I would love it.

Ty

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

launch games were always great to show it off

pilot wings resort was awesome in 3d. steel diver was cool also. mario 3d land had 2 types of 3d you could choose.

rayman 3D is great. luigis mansion dark moon is also great.

i want to say monsterhunter 4 but i dont remember.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Gatygun

@KBFloYd: Ah ty i ordered a few of those. Will check them out.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7270 Posts

The 3D effect in Kid Icarus: Uprising is stellar. The controls are kind of awkward though.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@judaspete said:

The 3D effect in Kid Icarus: Uprising is stellar. The controls are kind of awkward though.

i remember when the game came out it came with a stand. the reason is because the controls force you to move the 3Ds so much the effect gets blurred.

not sure how kid icarus functions on new 3DS.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Gatygun
@judaspete said:

Ty for the suggestion order that one also probably ships next week. From my understanding the new 3DS has a second joystick now so i hope that works

@KBFloYd said:
@judaspete said:

i remember when the game came out it came with a stand. the reason is because the controls force you to move the 3Ds so much the effect gets blurred.

not sure how kid icarus functions on new 3DS.

If the controls are trash then i will just bail out on it tho, the game costed me a whooping 7 bucks so yea not gonna complain.

Freaking love the cheap prices right now for this thing, it really makes gaming so much more interesting when you can hoard massive library's and content for peanuts.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7270 Posts

@Gatygun: Yeah, near the end of it's life really is a good time to get a system.

Johndmgs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 Johndmgs
Member since 2018 • 323 Posts

Mario 3D Land made good use of it in the levels. One level had you use the 3D to change to perspective.