Battery Differences Across Regions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

earthmonkeyyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 earthmonkeyyy
Member since 2007 • 593 Posts
I was looking at the DS lite differences at playasia. If the asian model is 120V, and the Japanese is 220v, what is the difference? Longer battery life ove all? I'd like to get the silver one, which is currently on avaible from Japan.
k3nn3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 k3nn3th
Member since 2005 • 613 Posts

In different regions we have different power currency's (or something, you know what i mean) like in our country, netherlands, we have 220v. but elsewhere in the world people use 120v or 110v, i don't know why. but the recharger for the DS has to manage that power so there are different chargers for every different power currency. so that's why the battery of the DS is also different. If not, you would blow up the charger and the DS. And it has nothing to do with battery life.

earthmonkeyyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 earthmonkeyyy
Member since 2007 • 593 Posts
I was reading about this last night. So basically it's worthless to buy a Japanese DS lite. Even if you have the Japanese charger, how would it work here in our outlets?
tracphone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 tracphone
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
I'm not sure about the outlets. Maybe you can find an adapter for that. About the voltage difference, you can buy a transformer, which basically converts from one voltage to another (110, 120V to 220V or vice versa). I don't know where exactly you can buy one. Probably google it online. Know that you have to slug that transformer around with you if you want to charge your DS outside of your house. Plus transformers aren't exactly small and light.