Are your expectations for BWii lowered since it scored 7.5 on Nintendo Power??

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sants412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 Sants412
Member since 2007 • 5599 Posts

Topic.

It scored 7.5 on Nintendo Power as all of you know. How did this change your thoughts if at all?

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
New reviewers for NP don't scare me one bit. The gave MLB Power pros 6.5 BS. I'm expecting AA.
bededog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#3 bededog
Member since 2005 • 8579 Posts
I wasn't thinking the game was going to be AAA or anything. But I wasn't expecting a 7.5 from Nintendo Power. My expectations have been lowered, not drastically but a bit at least. It still looks like a decent game none the less.
lolag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 lolag
Member since 2004 • 2370 Posts
ehh i wasnt going to get it but 7.5 seems pretty low to me and you gotta take fact the new reviewers at np
Phantom5800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Phantom5800
Member since 2006 • 10200 Posts
I never knew exactly what to expect to begin with, but I think it still looks fun and is definantly on my Christmas list, but not something I will immediately go after anyway.
l8bitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 l8bitz
Member since 2004 • 3251 Posts
Not at all. I know what I'm expecting. I feel as if this game just isn't for everyone though.
sonic_rusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 sonic_rusher
Member since 2007 • 2185 Posts

The game seems very dissappointing.

The online is weak accept for Coop mode, the motion sensing isnt utilized to full potential. Why didnt they use mouse like controls, they used buttons again to choose characters. They could have done it a little bit like AoE. Where you highlight which characters you want. Its sad because the game was OOZING with potential. I can see it getting a very low score GS.

Avatar image for SmashBrosLegend
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 SmashBrosLegend
Member since 2006 • 11344 Posts
A review score is simply an educated opinion. I have my own opinion, and rarely take review scores into account when buying a game.
gwarlito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gwarlito
Member since 2005 • 1761 Posts
What is everyone expecting it to get? So if Gamespot gives it an 8.0, are you guys gonna be pissed? It's only a half point more than the Nintendo Power review. Some reviews are going to be lower scores. I see this getting AA personally, which is still a great score. This Nintedo Power review doesn't scare me, they over inflate a lot of reviews anyway, I for one hope thay underplayed this game.
ljlrj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#10 ljlrj
Member since 2007 • 14800 Posts
dont trust np they gave shadow an 8 are u kidding
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Duckman5

The online is weak accept for Coop mode, the motion sensing isnt utilized to full potential. Why didnt they use mouse like controls, they used buttons again to choose characters. They could have done it a little bit like AoE. Where you highlight which characters you want. Its sad because the game was OOZING with potential. I can see it getting a very low score GS.

sonic_rusher

Oh I'm sorry I hadn't realized you played it and beat it already.

dieworm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 dieworm
Member since 2004 • 6416 Posts
Nope. It's not like the original got amazing reviews and I loved it.
meimnobody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 meimnobody
Member since 2003 • 5565 Posts

You may want to read the actual review and not just the effing number. Often times the whole review gives a better picture then a silly number.

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Duckman5

Nope. It's not like the original got amazing reviews and I loved it.dieworm

The original Battalion Wars got a 5.5 from GI. :?

dieworm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dieworm

[QUOTE="dieworm"]Nope. It's not like the original got amazing reviews and I loved it.Duckman5

The original Battalion Wars got a 5.5 from GI. :?

I know. Did you read their review? Pathetic! I don't think they played it for more than 10 minutes. They complained about the lock on. The lock on is fine, you just gotta wait until you see the red circle around the enemy. I think you'll adapt to that pretty quick so it's obvious they didn't play it long.
property2r145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 property2r145
Member since 2005 • 536 Posts
Not in the least, I'll wait to see what IGN says about it.
whacker40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 whacker40
Member since 2007 • 311 Posts
one review does not matter to me. i don't need someone telling me whether a game is good or bad, i'll figure that out for myself. i think BWii is gonna rock socks.
edd678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 edd678
Member since 2006 • 3660 Posts
Nope.
EYEInferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 EYEInferno
Member since 2003 • 530 Posts
No, I'm still going to get it. :P
Nintendoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Nintendoes
Member since 2007 • 638 Posts

dont trust np they gave shadow an 8 are u kiddingljlrj

I hope you realize that different people are reviewing this game than the people who gave Shadow the Hedgehog an 8.0.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#21 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
looks AA to me
mrjam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 mrjam0
Member since 2007 • 1364 Posts

i never trust any of thereviewer that arent online, and im not being biased. so id have to agree with property here. ign's looking forward to it andsome am i. advance and battalion wars is a great series

Lamilia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 Lamilia
Member since 2006 • 603 Posts
I don't trust reveiws...I normally just look at pictures or ignore the reveiwer and just look at the video they have and judge it from that. It's an opinion so there is no wrong answer. They could rate brawl with a 1 and all it would mean to me is that maybe they need someone who enjoys that type of game more. For every game there is at least one person in the world who will absolutely hate it and one person who will love it....except E.T. for atari :P
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#24 Arkthemaniac
Member since 2007 • 1237 Posts
I will rent it. Not because I'm worried that it will be bad, but only out of policy. I paid fifty bucks for thar steaming pile that was Red Steel. I won't go down that road again.
Avatar image for Super-Mario-Fan
Super-Mario-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

#25 Super-Mario-Fan
Member since 2006 • 4279 Posts
I'm not very hyped for this game. It looks like a rental for me.
Sants412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Sants412

sonic_rusher

I don't see how you can say that seeing as how you never touched the game.

Anyways, very close poll. I guess what happens, happens. 7.5 isn't anything but a number.

tbone29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 tbone29
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

New reviewers for NP don't scare me one bit. The gave MLB Power pros 6.5 BS. I'm expecting AA.Duckman5

Exactly why I'm avoiding these reviews and pretending they never happened. Even if my most anticipated title (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) scored a 9.5 there :cry:

dieworm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 dieworm

sonic_rusher
News flash: It's not an RTS. Selecting from the 6 units you'll have a time is fine with the d-pad, in fact, it's probably faster when selecting multiple troops. Even IGN said d-pad's faster.. Good day sir.
-Despacio-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 -Despacio-
Member since 2002 • 1881 Posts
[QUOTE="sonic_rusher"]

dieworm

News flash: It's not an RTS. Selecting from the 6 units you'll have a time is fine with the d-pad, in fact, it's probably faster when selecting multiple troops. Even IGN said d-pad's faster.. Good day sir.

Personally I hated using the d-pad in the first one. Well not hated, but I was excited with what they could do with the IR to speed up selection. Definitely a dissapointment in my book if the final game uses the d-pad as impressions have indicated thus far. It's not the most natural thing to move your thumb from the A button up to the d-pad to use all four sides.

Cruxis27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 Cruxis27
Member since 2006 • 2057 Posts
I don't have big expectations for this game to begin with.
dieworm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 dieworm
[QUOTE="dieworm"][QUOTE="sonic_rusher"]

-Despacio-

Personally I hated using the d-pad in the first one. Well not hated, but I was excited with what they could do with the IR to speed up selection. Definitely a dissapointment in my book if the final game uses the d-pad as impressions have indicated thus far. It's not the most natural thing to move your thumb from the A button up to the d-pad to use all four sides.

The original didn't use the d-pad. You must mean c-stick. Oh, and try it now on your remote...you can pretty much man the d-pad whislt pressing A button. At least I can.
raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#32 raahsnavj
Member since 2005 • 4895 Posts
Nope. Did they give a reason for the 7.5? Just a score is so vague and useless. Maybe the 2.5 more they were expecting is the 2.5 I don't care about.
_KwispY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#33 _KwispY
Member since 2005 • 549 Posts
i said yes, although i did enjoy batallion wars for the gc, its pretty obvious thats it isnt going to be anything spectacular on the wii. the added online modes may seem like a huge plus, but quite honestly, no one knows what batalion wars is, and the wfc is subpar at best. the gc got repititious, and the wii controls dont seem to add anything to the game. as much as i love my wii a 7.5 seems like an accurate score for a game with potential that didnt capitalize on it
Vexx88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#34 Vexx88
Member since 2006 • 33342 Posts
wait What the hell..Thisgame should have gotten like a 9.5 in NP they gave Shadow the hedgehog an 8 after all >.>
hyrueprince11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 hyrueprince11
Member since 2005 • 5722 Posts
no because I never had high expectations for bwii
fon1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#36 fon1988
Member since 2005 • 4325 Posts
No, not at all. I never read a review and then base my purchase on it. I read IGN's review over Spider Man friend or foe and went out and bought it soon after. I love classic beat em up games so there score didnt change my opinion at all.
Yarcofin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#37 Yarcofin
Member since 2006 • 3396 Posts
As long as there aren't any glitches and the controls are intuitive so that they don't stress me out whileI play, I'm going to love this game no matter what people give it.
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
I heard that NP was all new reviewers so.... I guess a little not much though.
alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#39 alexh_99
Member since 2007 • 5378 Posts
It did lower my expectations a bit. I am still going to get this game but nintendo is usually nicer with ratings. So if BwII got 7.5 from nintendo i think it will get a 6.5 or 7 here at gamespot. I know ratings dont matter but still what if this game turns out to be a major flop
Sants412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Sants412
It did lower my expectations a bit. I am still going to get this game but nintendo is usually nicer with ratings. So if BwII got 7.5 from nintendo i think it will get a 6.5 or 7 here at gamespot. I know ratings dont matter but still what if this game turns out to be a major flopalexh_99
Yeah, I agree about your 6.5-7. We all know this game's strengths will outweigh it's weaknesses though.
bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 bob_newman
Member since 2006 • 8133 Posts
No, it didn't change my view on the game. It's not my type of game, so the only way I would've even rented it is if the game got remarkably high numbers (From everyone, not just 1 review). And I say that because I wouldn't buy this game whether it got good reviews or bad, so unless everybody was saying that it's amazing, I wouldn't try it. This genre just doesn't really interest me. That's just my opinion, of course.
Sants412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Sants412
No, it didn't change my view on the game. It's not my type of game, so the only way I would've even rented it is if the game got remarkably high numbers (From everyone, not just 1 review). And I say that because I wouldn't buy this game whether it got good reviews or bad, so unless everybody was saying that it's amazing, I wouldn't try it. This genre just doesn't really interest me. That's just my opinion, of course.bob_newman
Finally, someone who feels the exact same way as I do.
black_steel_4u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 black_steel_4u
Member since 2006 • 904 Posts
over at ign they soud like its a lot of fun. at E for all they got to play the in or face im going to kill u part of the game and not the strategy part. but nintendo power reviews mean nothing. games spot had a horrible hands on like all ways when it comes to wii games. but bottom line if game spot gives it a 7.5 or higher its a good game.
MagicNinja911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MagicNinja911
Member since 2007 • 847 Posts
no not at all
japanesegoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 japanesegoth
Member since 2004 • 2164 Posts
i don't expect much out of this game anyway. it'll be decent probably.
Thomas4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Thomas4
Member since 2003 • 205 Posts
I'm pretty stoked for BWii. My expectations for any game are never swayed by a NP review. If all the reviews come back lower then what I expected then I'll just rent it and make my own decision from there.
Kanden626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Kanden626
Member since 2007 • 280 Posts
[QUOTE="sonic_rusher"]

Duckman5

Oh I'm sorry I hadn't realized you played it and beat it already.

That's what I was gonna say! Anyways, that review doesn't change my thoughts in the least. Nintnedo Power generally has a good understanding of games (a lot better than Gamespot), but sometime's you just have to go with your gut instinct. What ifsomeone gave Advance Wars: Day of Ruin a 6.5 because they didn't like the new art style? Would you go on that and miss out on one of the best-looking strategy games on the DS? I sure wouldn't.

Kanden626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Kanden626
Member since 2007 • 280 Posts

[QUOTE="bob_newman"]No, it didn't change my view on the game. It's not my type of game, so the only way I would've even rented it is if the game got remarkably high numbers (From everyone, not just 1 review). And I say that because I wouldn't buy this game whether it got good reviews or bad, so unless everybody was saying that it's amazing, I wouldn't try it. This genre just doesn't really interest me. That's just my opinion, of course.Sants412

Wait, wh'd you make a topic about a game whose genre you don't care about? That's really...peculiar.

Sants412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Sants412

[QUOTE="Sants412"][QUOTE="bob_newman"]No, it didn't change my view on the game. It's not my type of game, so the only way I would've even rented it is if the game got remarkably high numbers (From everyone, not just 1 review). And I say that because I wouldn't buy this game whether it got good reviews or bad, so unless everybody was saying that it's amazing, I wouldn't try it. This genre just doesn't really interest me. That's just my opinion, of course.Kanden626

Wait, wh'd you make a topic about a game whose genre you don't care about? That's really...peculiar.

Um.... I felt like it?
m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

A little. The first was average fun to me so I don't expect an amazing experience from BWii. I will get it at some point, I just have other priorities.

I still think that it can pull off an 8 here.