Are you satisfied with your Wii purchase?

• 76 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

corn_dogs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 corn_dogs
Member since 2009 • 260 Posts
While the latter part of 08 was kind of a drought are you completely satisfied with your Wii purchase to this date? Even with all the other consoles out are you completely happy with your Wii? Thanks.
PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts
No I'm not completely happy with it. I wish Nintendo would stop holding out and release the games we want on the VC already. We have some great VC games but there are so many more that we want. The online is garbage and Friends Codes are the worst idea ever. But overall I do like my Wii. But it's a secondary console at best for me. Which is a shame because I'm a huge Nintendo fan.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Of course

Anyone who isn't only has themselves to blame for bad research and I can't see anyone posting about their researching failure

Samox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Samox
Member since 2004 • 890 Posts
Buying my Wii was a big mistake.
I used it for maybe a month, and it has been sitting out on my shelf collecting dust ever since.
I've never been so dissapointed with a console before. What happend to Nintendo? The N64 was soo good.
PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PlasmaBeam44

Of course

Anyone who isn't only has themselves to blame for bad research and I can't see anyone posting about their researching failure

Jaysonguy

That's not entirely true. I got a Wii on launch because I'm a Nintendo fan and it was a new console. How in the hell was I supposed to know that it would explode into popularity with the casuals and then have Nintendo stop making games for a year and put out Wii Fit. How was I supposed to know at launch that it would take almost 3 years before I would get DK64 or Majora's Mask on the VC?

Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts

Definitely yes. First and foremost, one part of the year doesn't define what the system is about, and even while I admit that there hasn't been a lot of recent or even upcoming releases that have blown me away, I love my Wii's company never the less. I got my system last March, and by my standards, I've been able to build a surprising good collection of games that I'm still playing a lot to this day. To give you an example, even the "worst" game in my collection, Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution, is being played almost daily by me. Plus, I still have some of system's biggest releases like Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl that more than justify the system's purchase (which I paid $25 more than usual price for). My only regret is that I wasn't able to get one sooner and be able to put together an even better collection of games. Other than that, I'm about as pleased as can be.

WllDan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 WllDan7
Member since 2004 • 2581 Posts
I, unlike most people here, am happy with my wii. And unlikely most people here I actually buy the high scoring games on wii. And not just the ones from nintendo. This first half of the year has some good games I pre ordered. So again I am happy with my purchase.
_LiquidFlame_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 _LiquidFlame_
Member since 2007 • 13736 Posts
To be honest, I'm really sad about my Wii. The games for it are horrible!
Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Madmangamer364
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Of course

PlasmaBeam44

That's not entirely true. I got a Wii on launch because I'm a Nintendo fan and it was a new console. How in the hell was I supposed to know that it would explode into popularity with the casuals and then have Nintendo stop making games for a year and put out Wii Fit. How I was supposed to know at launch that it would take almost 3 years before I would get DK64 or Majora's Mask on the VC?

While Jaysonguy may be going a bit far with his comment, I think you're very much guilty of doing the same thing. Nintendo hasn't really done anything it didn't say it was going to do. I mean... look at the name of the system, and you pretty much got Nintendo's idea for the system. It's amazing so many people forget that it was Nintendo's idea to go outside the box and try to capture a more diverse group of gamers and even non-gamers. Considering that, Nintendo has done an amazing job with capturing that base and still using its core franchises to maintain its typical followers. As far as the VC games go, who's to say what will be released and when? You complain about DK64 and MM not being available, but look at the selection of games that are at the moment. It kinda sounds like you're just finding something to pick with when you do that. For any new Wii owner, Nintendo's selection of games is simply superb, and you have to give the Big N credit for at least keeping the train rolling these past two plus years with it services. In all honesty, they could REALLY decide to get lazy and not release anything else at all.

Jdog30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Jdog30
Member since 2008 • 4509 Posts
im happy with the wii. i couldn't miss out on smash bros or mario kart.
PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PlasmaBeam44
[QUOTE="PlasmaBeam44"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Of course

Madmangamer364

That's not entirely true. I got a Wii on launch because I'm a Nintendo fan and it was a new console. How in the hell was I supposed to know that it would explode into popularity with the casuals and then have Nintendo stop making games for a year and put out Wii Fit. How I was supposed to know at launch that it would take almost 3 years before I would get DK64 or Majora's Mask on the VC?

While Jaysonguy may be going a bit far with his comment, I think you're very much guilty of doing the same thing. Nintendo hasn't really done anything it didn't say it was going to do. I mean... look at the name of the system, and you pretty much got Nintendo's idea for the system. It's amazing so many people forget that it was Nintendo's idea to go outside the box and try to capture a more diverse group of gamers and even non-gamers. Considering that, Nintendo has done an amazing job with capturing that base and still using its core franchises to maintain its typical followers. As far as the VC games go, who's to say what will be released and when? You complain about DK64 and MM not being available, but look at the selection of games that are at the moment. It kinda sounds like you're just finding something to pick with when you do that. For any new Wii owner, Nintendo's selection of games is simply superb, and you have to give the Big N credit for at least keeping the train rolling these past two plus years with it services. In all honesty, they could REALLY decide to get lazy and not release anything else at all.

There are lots of great VC games. I own over 20 of them. But there are still a lot of them I still want that Nintendo just seems to not care about. But I'm still not 100% satisfied with my Wii. Maybe one day I will, the first half of '09 does look pretty amazing.

Samox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Samox
To be honest, I'm really sad about my Wii. The games for it are horrible! _LiquidFlame_

Exactly. The reason I absolutely hate my Wii is beacuse all the games suck. The only game I found fun was Galaxy, which in all fairness, is a great game. But yeah, it was the ONLY game I had any fun with. And i've played most of the top rated Wii games. Twilight Princess was terrible. Brawl was boring. The list goes on. I don't plan on hanging onto my Wii much longer. I've lost all faith in Nintendo, and they use to be my favorite console maker.
Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Madmangamer364

There are lots of great VC games. I own over 20 of them. But there are still a lot of them I still want that Nintendo just seems to not care about. But I'm still not 100% satisfied with my Wii. Maybe one day I will, the first half of '09 does look pretty amazing.

PlasmaBeam44

When you put it in that context, I think your point is a bit more understandable. I'm glad that you agree that there are a number of solid releases on the VC at this point. I would say the same, even though I'm not crazy about downloading any of the older games (I'm kinda old-school like that in that regard :P). I just found your earlier comment to be a bit unfair, especially considering that Nintendo only releases one or two classic games at the most each week and has thousands of games to choose from over about ten different systems. With those odds, it's possible that Nintendo may never release some games that people want, so to nitpick over a few just seems to be a bit crazy from my perspective. I have no problem with you showing some displeasure over your purchase, though. I just think that it's the way that one presents his/her displeasure that's truly important.

crispyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 crispyo
Member since 2005 • 1801 Posts
yes i am very happy with it. i play it more than any other console i have right now.
Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

The Virtual Console alone is enough for me to be completely satisfied with this system. Not to mention Mario Galaxy, SSBB, Mario Kart, Zack and Wiki, Animal Crossing, and Wii Fit which have all kept me quite busy as well. I also love that it plays all my Gamecube games mainly Pikmin 2 (best game eva!). I'm just waiting for PIKMIN 3

P.S. The Wii is the only system for parties as all of its multiplayer games are local multiplayer as aposed to most of 360s having to be online multiplayer only. Have a wii, Mario Kart Wii (or 64 with VC), Smash Bros. Brawl, and Wii Sports and you have a lot of fun on your hands! Heck just toying around with the Mii channels with company is a hoot!

santanablu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18 santanablu3
Member since 2007 • 1467 Posts
im depressed wii is terrible don't deny it... im not talking about future im talking about to this day, bottom line the wii is childishMakedonijo
i have 25 wii games and none of them are childish. your just the one who is buy childish games.
dbz345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#19 dbz345
Member since 2004 • 17980 Posts
I'm pretty satisfied with my purchase - I've only gotten Super Mario Galaxy, SSBB and RE4 Wii Edition, but that's due to financial restrictions. Nonetheless that coupled with the VC (which I admit I haven't yet used...) and other games that I've had a chance to play on Wii, I'll say I'm satisfied. However, that's not saying I don't have complaints. I do wish that the cheaper games on the system weren't just mostly rehashed minigame collections...
webhead921

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 webhead921
Member since 2009 • 684 Posts
I'm very happy with it. I've owned playstation, ps2, and xbox before. The wii is my first nintendo system. I think the wii is great not just for casuals, but for people who have some experience with games but are relatively unexperienced with the nintendo franchises. I buy wii games when I have the money, and when I don't have a lot extra money, I get virtual console games and gamecube games. With the last console generation, I mostly played WRPGs and Tony Hawk, and a few action games. Now with the wii, I'm starting to play more platforming and puzzle games. I like the fact that the wii has a lot of pick up and play games. I'm a senior in college, I work about 20 hours a week, and will be starting law school in the fall. I don't have the time to sit and play games for hours at a time like I did when I was in high school playing ps2/xbox. Wii's games are perfect for playing 20-30 minutes at a time during study breaks. It would still be nice, however, if the wii did eventually get some good WRPGs.
DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts

I only bought the Wii for most of Nintendo's first party releases and some 3rd party games.

I haven't played it in months but I still do not regret buying it.

GameDelta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GameDelta
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
When I first got my Wii a few years ago I was VERY satisfied with it...for about a month. Then I went back over to my Xbox 360 and remembered what real gaming is about.
santanablu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 santanablu3
When I first got my Wii a few years ago I was VERY satisfied with it...for about a month. Then I went back over to my Xbox 360 and remembered what real gaming is about.GameDelta
and what is real gaming all about??? tell me i'm very curious on what you have to say....
Samox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Samox
[QUOTE="Makedonijo"]im depressed wii is terrible don't deny it... im not talking about future im talking about to this day, bottom line the wii is childishsantanablu3
i have 25 wii games and none of them are childish. your just the one who is buy childish games.

Is that so? None of the Wii games you own are childish? Well that's nice.

oh wait... is that... uh.. is that.. Super mario galaxy I see in your sig? ahh why yes it is...
santanablu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 santanablu3
[QUOTE="santanablu3"][QUOTE="Makedonijo"]im depressed wii is terrible don't deny it... im not talking about future im talking about to this day, bottom line the wii is childishSamox

oh wait... is that... uh.. is that.. Super mario galaxy I see in your sig? ahh why yes it is...

and how is SMG childish???? just because its not rated M doesn't mean it childish. i find SMG to be challenging and fun.(whats so childish of that?)
Nevlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Nevlim
Member since 2007 • 5312 Posts
Yes im happy but my wii dosent work :(
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#27 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41567 Posts
I'm happy with it, and I'm happy with the games I got as well. I don't care what critics say.
SonicBalla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#28 SonicBalla
Member since 2006 • 2610 Posts

Of course

Jaysonguy

Because we all have a crystal ball:roll:

Samox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Samox
[QUOTE="Samox"][QUOTE="santanablu3"] i have 25 wii games and none of them are childish. your just the one who is buy childish games.santanablu3

and how is SMG childish???? just because its not rated M doesn't mean it childish. i find SMG to be challenging and fun.(whats so childish of that?)

I never said SMG wasn't fun or challenging. To be honest it was the ONLY game I liked on Wii. It's a fun game. But there's no deneying that it's aimed for kids.
santanablu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 santanablu3
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Of course

SonicBalla

i think what jaysonguy is trying to imply that its your fault for not doing any information digging to find out what the wii is all about. i mean he did say it clearly..... so even if we all didn't have a crystal ball you should of done research about the wii on the inter-web.
santanablu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 santanablu3
[QUOTE="santanablu3"][QUOTE="Samox"]

oh wait... is that... uh.. is that.. Super mario galaxy I see in your sig? ahh why yes it is...Samox

I never said SMG wasn't fun or challenging. To be honest it was the ONLY game I liked on Wii. It's a fun game. But there's no deneying that it's aimed for kids.

really??? i didn't know that. i thought it was aimed for everyone. that's like saying that SMG is only aimed for the casual.
LOLhahaDEAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#32 LOLhahaDEAD
Member since 2006 • 4431 Posts
Yes, very. Especially since I've put a lot of time into it recently, and will be playing it even more in the coming weeks.
SonicBalla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SonicBalla
[QUOTE="SonicBalla"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Of course

santanablu3

i think what jaysonguy is trying to imply that its your fault for not doing any information digging to find out what the wii is all about. i mean he did say it clearly..... so even if we all didn't have a crystal ball you should of done research about the wii on the inter-web.

I did do research and with the way Nintendo kept me interested in 2007 it looked like it was going to continue and they did for the first part of 2008. Also in 2006 it wasn't like Nintendo was going to announce games for 2009 and beyond.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Jaysonguy
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Of course

SonicBalla

What point are you trying to make?

santanablu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 santanablu3
[QUOTE="santanablu3"][QUOTE="SonicBalla"]

SonicBalla

I did do research and with the way Nintendo kept me interested in 2007 it looked like it was going to continue and they did for the first part of 2008. Also in 2006 it wasn't like Nintendo was going to announce games for 2009 and beyond.

your absolutely right.. but does that make you dissatisfied?? i mean when it comes to that matter does any console announce anything to that distance?? i could understand your a little edgy on the rarity of good quality games, but once you find them you will be satisfy.(i promise) also there are many games coming out possibly to feed your hunger this year. i think your satisfied its just that your a hardcore gamer that needs to be fed.
Eclipse-015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Eclipse-015
Member since 2008 • 414 Posts
I bought the Wii when Brawl came out because i love SSB. But i kinda regret it because i could have spent my money for something better. I play it alot but most the games aren't good. I have most the highest rated games but they don't have much replay value when you don't have online and play by yourself. I like the Wii i'm definetly not bashing it, but I was expecting more from it and its games.
Boomarley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Boomarley
Member since 2006 • 897 Posts

Well, I wanted to experience something new, and for the most part it was satisfying enough. I'm slightly disappointed that Wii still hasn't utilized the controls to its fullest yet, but I felt the same way about early DS.

And childish was a bad thing? I didn't know violent images and sound effects actually affected how the fundamental play mechanics worked other than being a shell beneath which the gameplay works.

SonicBalla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SonicBalla
[QUOTE="SonicBalla"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Of course

Jaysonguy

My point is that someone could've done reasearch when they got their Wii which in my case I got it in 2006, but their research can only reach a certain point. Nintendo wasn't going to announce games for 2009 in 2006. I was satisfied at a certain point and it was with the games announced early in the Wii's lifespan(SMG,SSBB,MKW,SATSR) but now my research for the Wii didn't prepare me for my late 08 dissappoint and it couldn't.

I respect you Jason but sometimes your opinions should be kept to yourself.

TheColbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TheColbert
Member since 2008 • 3846 Posts
I am satisfied. Metroid Prime 3 and TP pretty much filled my expectations.
psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 psychobrew
Member since 2008 • 8888 Posts
Satisfied? More or less. Completely satisfied? No. I wouldn't be completely satisfied with any console this generation unless the 360 had motion controls. Having said that, the Wii is the only console worthy of being in my living room where it can entertain both my guests and myself. Outside of my living room, I'd rather play on a PC. PC and Wii really are the perfect combo.
-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 -Oath
Member since 2008 • 8014 Posts
Anyone who has read my post knows Im in love with my Wii. I mean c'mon, 70+ games? Thats a given.
JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

I can't buy 20-30 games every year, so far i have 14 wii games and i love them all.

DJgummy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#43 DJgummy
Member since 2007 • 380 Posts

Yes, I am quite satisfied with my purchase, but not ecstatic. I had many reasons to get a wii and not any other council.

1. I hadn't owned a council since the N64 due to an eye condition and had just been okayed by my doctor the year I got my wii

2. I'm a huge nintendo fan

3. My brother has an Xbox 360

4. PS3 was way too expensive, I have a DS, and I liked the wii better than the PSP

Being totally disconnected from last gen councils I was originally amazed by the wii, and still am happy with it. Graphics really should have been improved more from last gen, and online could be a lot better, but overall I have a lot of fun with it and I don't see why anyone would dislike it.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Jaysonguy
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"][QUOTE="SonicBalla"]

SonicBalla

My point is that someone could've done reasearch when they got their Wii which in my case I got it in 2006, but their research can only reach a certain point. Nintendo wasn't going to announce games for 2009 in 2006. I was satisfied at a certain point and it was with the games announced early in the Wii's lifespan(SMG,SSBB,MKW,SATSR) but now my research for the Wii didn't prepare me for my late 08 dissappoint and it couldn't.

I respect you Jason but sometimes your opinions should be kept to yourself.

If you bought something before you knew it had everything you would need then you didn't do enough research

I got a Wii at launch. I knew that it had motion controlled Raving Rabbids, motion controlled Madden, motion controlled Dragon Ball, and motion controlled Trauma Center. I also knew that it would have a main Mario game.

That's all I needed to justify my purchase. If Nintendo did not release another thing for the Wii. If third party games stopped altogether and they only did Mario Galaxy and then no other Mario games I'd be perfectly happy with the Wii.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts
Ofcourse I have 15 games for the Wii that I like. That is the same ammount of games that I have for either the SNES or the N64. If I keep buying games at this pace I will pass the GCN with most games I have for it.
Okami_Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Okami_Link
Member since 2007 • 488 Posts
Yup
meandmewii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 meandmewii
Member since 2007 • 420 Posts

Yeah, I'd have to say I'm overall pretty satisfied with the Wii, as far as its functioning, controls, and gameplay etc. But I have to admit that I am a little disapointed with the lack of good games that have been released.

slimdave21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 slimdave21
Member since 2003 • 2646 Posts

More then satisfied...

I've enjoyed games from the past, from the present, with family, with friends, online and that is what gaming is all about.

J_Ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49 J_Ford
Member since 2003 • 2246 Posts
I've been more then satisfied with my Wii, it's an amazing system. There've been a lot of awesome games so far and it's only going to get better.