Are you happy with your WII?

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jeffdoomsday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jeffdoomsday
Member since 2008 • 1023 Posts
I'm thinking about buying a WII and I'm interested in the Mario and Zelda games except Mario Party but I would also like No More Heroes, is this enough games to keep an Xbox 360 gamer happy? I grew up playing Zelda and Mario so I know I'll enjoy those but is that enough to make the purchase of a Wii worth it? Are you happy with your WII or did you get bored of the games it has to offer?
yeahyeahbigN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 yeahyeahbigN
Member since 2007 • 1345 Posts
dude, you will be happy with the combo. i grew up on mario and nintendo so i had the wii since it launched, and recentely i bought a 360 for my fps cravings, so im living the best with both worlds. there are a lot of other top titles for the wii that will make you happy too.
radicalplace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 radicalplace
Member since 2005 • 2010 Posts

I don't like Mario Galaxy but the rest of the world disaggrees with me. Twilight Princess isn't the best Zelda but its still a good fantasy game. May I also recommend the Multiplayer Combo of Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros Brawl? Theres also another Zelda game coming out for the Wii in the future, hopefully at E3. Yeh I think it would be a great secondary system for you.

However you relise that Nintendo is superior will crush Microsoft and Sony at the end of this generation and they'll never release another video game system again :P Anyway... Enjoy your Wii.

jeffdoomsday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jeffdoomsday
Cool thanks, I'm definitely getting SSBB and Mario kart, Mario Galaxy, Twilight Princess and Paper Mario and I just cant wait to play No More Heroes that game looks awesome.
bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bob_newman
Member since 2006 • 8133 Posts

It's definitely nothing like the 360, so if you're accustomed to the features of the 360 (online experience, leaderboards, achievements, hard drive, voice chat, etc.), and wouldn't have it any other way, steer clear.

Just do some research of the console before making a purchase, because the Wii is really not for everyone (even though they say it is).

jeffdoomsday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jeffdoomsday
I know the Wiis not a big powerhouse system like the ps3 or 360 but I often wanna play a more simple fun lighthearted game instead of just shooting games so I'll probably love the Wii as much as my Xbox 360.
bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bob_newman

I know the Wiis not a big powerhouse system like the ps3 or 360 but I often wanna play a more simple fun lighthearted game instead of just shooting games so I'll probably love the Wii as much as my Xbox 360.jeffdoomsday

Well then the Wii is most likely right for you. It's got plenty of lighthearted stuff.

It's kind of refreshing to hear a 360 owner say that they don't want to shoot people all day. Seems to be a rare occurance...

sherlock99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#8 sherlock99
Member since 2005 • 1600 Posts
yes with games like resident evil okami zelda mnh spm smg i'm one happy wii owner:D
radicalplace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 radicalplace
Member since 2005 • 2010 Posts

I know the Wiis not a big powerhouse system like the ps3 or 360 but I often wanna play a more simple fun lighthearted game instead of just shooting games so I'll probably love the Wii as much as my Xbox 360.jeffdoomsday

You my friend are turning back into a nintendo fan who changed after 64 it would seem. In which case welcome back to gaming:D

Avatar image for deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
Member since 2004 • 16051 Posts

yeap... I do not think here you would find someone that say he/she is not... but I`ll try to be as objective as possible to help you out on your selection...

Having a Wii + ps3/360 combo is the best idea ever. You would have the fun of the wii + VC library (which was reason 1 for me at 1st). And beside the wii library (that is bulding pretty nice, you would have the X gerne you like, in m case horror and alike.

The multiplayre of MK is for me amazing :)

BTW: Radical: I agree about galaxy, so u are not alone. Is not that I do not like it.. but it was too much of a plataformer, like i said in the recommendation thread, is like having 3 Mario games (actually change that to 5) so I just play it for a LOOOONG time... I did not got hook into it...

enjoy gaming...

and to TC to see the list of games on wii go to the recommendation stickie thread...

hope this helps abit :)

jeffdoomsday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jeffdoomsday
Alright, thanks everyone, I cant wait to get a Wii.
greenleaflink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 greenleaflink
Member since 2006 • 3686 Posts

umm...

you can play

ZELDA-OCARINA OF TIME [VC]

TWLIGHT PRINCESS

OKAMI

GALAXY

RESIDENT EVIL 4

all on ONE system, can't get much better than that but it will =]

NALDOxCORE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NALDOxCORE
Member since 2008 • 2162 Posts
I'm dissappointed with my Wii. Nintendo and other developers are not giving me enough time to beat all of the amzing games. I have $700 worth of games on my wishlist.
Gamefanatic11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 Gamefanatic11
Member since 2005 • 200 Posts
Not so much...aside from a few games I really don't use the system. I find myself using my DS the most.
Jesteroflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 Jesteroflies
Member since 2007 • 315 Posts
Each system is great in many ways. Online support is superb on the 360, while the wii has the best controller scheme and friendly games. MKWII and SSBB are the best games out for the wii, with the exception of RE4 which is a port. I owned a 360 for sometime and at times i do miss some of the 360 exclusive games, but the wii is so much more of a family and friend oriented game system so i am very happy with my wii. Welcome to the wii :)
arthas242000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 87

#16 arthas242000
Member since 2004 • 108 Posts
I think it's a solid secondary system; that is if you consider yourself a hardcore gamer. If you are more on the casual side of things then it offers the perfect mix of simple family oriented type games, with a few hardcore games. Personally, I love the wii but I'm also a little bias toward anything Nintendo usually does!!
remblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 remblade
Member since 2003 • 537 Posts

Am I happy with my Wii?

Yes........ Yes I am.

blood_dragonx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 blood_dragonx
Member since 2007 • 191 Posts
WELL YES
Dualmask

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#19 Dualmask
Member since 2004 • 1639 Posts

I'm definitely happy with mine. As others have mentioned, the multiplayer combo of SSBB and MKWii is unbeatable, and there are plenty of other games worth your while on the console as well. I say if you have the means of trying games (rentals, buying used copies then returning them, etc.) then do so because the reviews are definitely not always right for Wii games. The motion controls in many titles may suck for a "pro" reviewer but may just be fun for you.

I have a Wii and a PS3 and I play my Wii a lot more.

red_sovereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 red_sovereign
Member since 2007 • 1936 Posts
HELLZ YEA! WII ROX! WARNING THOUGH: ANY OUTDOOR ACTIVTIES YOU HAD PRIOR TO OWNING A WII, WILL BE NO MORE! SERIOUSLY
King-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#21 King-gamer
Member since 2006 • 5633 Posts

If you like simple fun Wii is a great console for you and since you also grew up with Mario and Zelda (i think many people did if they played video games since the 80s).

tasthomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 tasthomas
Member since 2003 • 493 Posts

My fellow Wii owners have left out Metroid Prime 3 (fantastic controls and boss battles!). Personally, I thought that the Twighlight Princess is the best Zelda game ever (Some days I would say Windwaker). Super Smash Bros. and Mario Kart - you either need friends or online capabilities for maximum fun.

One obscure but really fun game is The Pinball Hall of Fame-The Williams Collection. If you enjoy pinball, you can't get any closer to the real thing without an actual table (the ball physics and bumping and nudging controls are fantastic!)

The control system alone makes Medal of Honor Heroes 2 worth at least a rental. Pumping the shotgun, bazooka on your shoulder, twisting the zoom on your sniper rifle, even twisting the dial on the radio.

Don't expect the graphics of 360, but expect alot of fun.

"You have earned the right to fight the Black Knight Again"

AzelKosMos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#23 AzelKosMos
Member since 2005 • 34194 Posts

I'm thinking about buying a WII and I'm interested in the Mario and Zelda games except Mario Party but I would also like No More Heroes, is this enough games to keep an Xbox 360 gamer happy? I grew up playing Zelda and Mario so I know I'll enjoy those but is that enough to make the purchase of a Wii worth it? Are you happy with your WII or did you get bored of the games it has to offer?jeffdoomsday
I myself....am pretty bored with it. I'm not a hardcore Nintendo fan so find myself struggling to look for decent titles. I have like 5 games for it including No more Heroes (which is a very good game) but apart from that there is nothing on this console that really interests me at the moment. It just collects dust unless I have friends over for a bit of wii sports which is no reason to buy a console.

I would research titles you want carefully before investing in one if I were you.

Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts
I'm very happy with my Wii :)
SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts
You should be set, I don't get as much time to game as I did when I was younger but even I needed a 360 to pad out my game collection as a Wii owner from launch. When Nintendo release a game it is one hell of a game, but the Wii's third party offerings have impressed me no more than the GC did. Get yourself MP3, Galaxy, TP, MK and Brawl and you are set for sure :) and there is the odd 3rd party game which shines too (RE4 and Zack and wiki spring to mind).
MacaroniMoses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MacaroniMoses
Member since 2003 • 682 Posts
Simply put, no.
CheeChee_Macko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 CheeChee_Macko
Member since 2008 • 2236 Posts
I'm actually quite disappointed with mine. It usually just sits there and gathers dust while I play my PC, PS3 and Xbox 360. I have considered spending around $100 to get a two player Mario Kart setup however.
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

[QUOTE="jeffdoomsday"]I know the Wiis not a big powerhouse system like the ps3 or 360 but I often wanna play a more simple fun lighthearted game instead of just shooting games so I'll probably love the Wii as much as my Xbox 360.bob_newman

Well then the Wii is most likely right for you. It's got plenty of lighthearted stuff.

It's kind of refreshing to hear a 360 owner say that they don't want to shoot people all day. Seems to be a rare occurance...

Actually a lot of people prefer non-shooters. I for one find them to be fun and last a while but nothing memorable or worthwhile to look back upon though. Anyway i own an Xbox 360 as well and i have to say their first party games are where it's at. Secondary console or not there's gonna be at least one that'll end up being one of your favorite games. SSBB is a nice change of pace and Boom blox. Boom blox might seem pretty basic but you'll spend hours just messing around craeting stuff.

13wanderer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#29 13wanderer
Member since 2005 • 317 Posts
I am happy with my wii and 360.
Canuck3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Canuck3000
Member since 2004 • 40562 Posts
No. It's pretty bad...
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#31 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

The Wii is sooooooo awesome!!

bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 bob_newman
[QUOTE="bob_newman"]

[QUOTE="jeffdoomsday"]I know the Wiis not a big powerhouse system like the ps3 or 360 but I often wanna play a more simple fun lighthearted game instead of just shooting games so I'll probably love the Wii as much as my Xbox 360.craigalan23

Actually a lot of people prefer non-shooters. I for one find them to be fun and last a while but nothing memorable or worthwhile to look back upon though. Anyway i own an Xbox 360 as well and i have to say their first party games are where it's at. Secondary console or not there's gonna be at least one that'll end up being one of your favorite games. SSBB is a nice change of pace and Boom blox. Boom blox might seem pretty basic but you'll spend hours just messing around craeting stuff.

Oh, well I was just referring to those who only own a 360. Basically, the guys on SW.

presto7640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 presto7640
Member since 2004 • 817 Posts

yes i am, and i only own a wii.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
Happy?Yep.Completely satisfied with some of Nintendo's choices for the console?Nope.
chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#36 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts

Mario Kart Wii and Mario Galaxy are worth buying the Wii alone

get it

primitive013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 primitive013
Member since 2003 • 1422 Posts
i cant believe jasonguy hasnt posted in this thread. i thought he would have hijacked it by now.
Mittsy08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Mittsy08
Member since 2008 • 125 Posts
I am vey happy with my wii, and i recomend metroid 3, ssbb and mario kart, although i havent played no more heros it looks awesome! Twilight princess is a great game as well, but i got it for gc:(, so i dont know...
FingerSub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 FingerSub
Member since 2008 • 391 Posts
yes im very happy
XenoLair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#40 XenoLair
Member since 2006 • 4758 Posts
Bought a wii a year back and i still love it. + grew up with Nintendo so there was no question about it..
_ADIVA_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 _ADIVA_
Member since 2008 • 112 Posts
Ever since i got my PS3 my Wii has gotten very little attention but i went back to it the other day, booted up a few games and oh wow, i forgot how fun the Wii is. While it does'nt do well in the graphic department compared to the other consoles, most of it's games are heck fo alot more fun to play. I started up Metroid Prime 3 and played all night. Just pure fun and immersion.
Goldmatter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Goldmatter
Member since 2003 • 1688 Posts

i was just in your same position, if you can find a good deal ona wii i would defintatly get it. To me its worth it to buy just for galaxy and Z TP.

Rne800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Rne800
Member since 2007 • 30 Posts

Im very happy

wii rocks yeah!!!

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#44 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts
Hey i get bored with Every-thing and i'm sure You do the same thing.
The system rocks. With this thing i'm all back enjoying games again like i used to when i just begun. Not just on the wii but it made everything else more fun too.
It's retro, it's new, it's a cheap and durable party machine. I say everyone should have one but don't have impossible expectations.
GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#45 GamerBoy53
Member since 2008 • 2666 Posts
I love my Wii. I think its the best game system ever made(Ive played every system ever made except Game & Watch and Virtual Boy). Everyone always makes fun of me though because most gamers I know are obsessed with systems like the 360.:( The 360 is a piece of crap compared to Wii in my opinion.
helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#47 helium_flash
Member since 2007 • 9244 Posts
I am happy with my Wii, but most 360 fans dont like the Wii that much. It depends really. How much do you like shooters?
jeffdoomsday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 jeffdoomsday

I am happy with my Wii, but most 360 fans dont like the Wii that much. It depends really. How much do you like shooters?helium_flash

I like shooters a lot but I usually get bored of them in a a few weeks unless they're really fun and good, I'm probably gonna get Metroid Prime 3.

Niff_T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Niff_T
Member since 2007 • 6052 Posts
No, cause most of the games I want to play on the VC are not released yet... :?
slimdave21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#50 slimdave21
Member since 2003 • 2646 Posts

No, cause most of the games I want to play on the VC are not released yet... :?Niff_T

Ya I'd say the same, thats one of the few problems I have with it. (100 blocks of memory left, mediocre online)

Otherwise the Wii kicks ass!