Anyone else skipping galaxy for now to get a more excitng looking game

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#51 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
[QUOTE="Darksimm"]

sorry boys I got over collecting coins and jumping up under boxes for mushrooms back in the 80's when Mario first came out.

I'll gladly stick to the games I mentioned.

Thomas4

The Mario series has advanced nicely and is never just the same game. Since it's taken the step to 3D the titles have been chaning quite a bit from system to system. If anything it's the WWII shooter your getting that you think you would be tired of seeing as how there have been a million of them released in the past five years.

I'l get a FPS for the Wii when someone comes up with a good concept of a shooter to fit the Wii. Something original and badas* with good multiplayer. Until then I'll chill on Battalion Wars 2.

Yeah I got medal of Honor frontline and thats enough world war II games for me.

bigcalkenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#52 bigcalkenobi
Member since 2006 • 1297 Posts

I am skipping Galaxy and getting it at Christmas. I really want it but I canwait. I'm skipping it to get Guitar Hero 3 only because I love GH games and its online. If it weren't online, it'd be a way harder decision. I still really want galaxy, but I've decided it will be #2 this holiday behind GH3. I'm getting GH3 the first weekend in Nov. Galaxy will be for Christmas and it looks like it will be a truely amazing game, thatI will love.

BTW whoever said it takes 10 hours to beat a 3d Mario game is full of it. If yoou're good it will take at least take 15-20 hours to complete the main Story. To collect all 120 stars will take you forever. I haven't gotten all of thme on Sunshine, and on Super Mario 64 on my DS I have about 110. I've put so many hours into collect those, it probably goes past the double digits, so it will be well worth your money.

shawnmoreland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 shawnmoreland
Member since 2003 • 118 Posts
Solution! Get both!
Haha! I really want MoH, but Galaxy is going to be pretty darn awesome! I'm just going to get both...
Darth-Samus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#54 Darth-Samus
Member since 2006 • 3995 Posts

I may get it eventually but metroid prime 3 was a waste of money and didn't last long. I don't want to make that mistake again.

linkforever1

You sir should not exist.

At all.

Ever.

spidermonkey11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 spidermonkey11
Member since 2007 • 1716 Posts
Yah, I was thinking of waiting a couple weeks after SMG was out but now I think I am getting it on launch. It just looks simply amazing. I am so happy my bday is November 11th and all I asked for was best buy gift cards.
blueteeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56 blueteeth
Member since 2006 • 1158 Posts

last time I checked i've bought 2 of the best ones. being zelda TLP and metroid 3. And I'm waiting for better ones to come out.

And everyone wonders why Nintendo gets a kiddie name stuck to them... you go play Galaxy..while i'm owning someone online at MoHH and Mario Kart when it comes out.

Darksimm

you wont be owning anyone because everyone will be playing mario galaxy , so have fun playing alone....

and also you say wile nintendo gets a kidde name stuck to them so why are you buying MARIO cart

sonic_rusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#57 sonic_rusher
Member since 2007 • 2185 Posts
Im getting all the good ones and SMG is on the top easily
yeahyeahbigN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 yeahyeahbigN
Member since 2007 • 1345 Posts
read only a few comments but i got to agree with them. super mario is probably the best game for the wii this year and im not going to pass it up for a shooting game. especially the good chance that it might not be good, the lagging among players, and the control setup. haha, the funny thing, i will probably end up getting both games so im not goin to lose anything. haha. peAce
Nintendoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Nintendoes
Member since 2007 • 638 Posts
Interesting question. But really, there are only 2 games around that time that I plan to get: Super Mario Galaxy and Medal of Honor: Heroes 2, (Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles will have to wait), and I plan to get Super Mario Galaxy on its release date. I wonder if the fact that Super Mario Galaxy will be released just the day before Medal of Honor Heroes 2 will effect the number of people who play on EA's servers.
Tri-Enforcer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Tri-Enforcer
Member since 2007 • 1899 Posts

I am. I'm tired of single player games that last 10 hours. I'm going to skip it to get Metal of Honor heroes with 32 player online. I can't wait to obliterate my friends online. I imagine that being more fun then yet another mario game. I may get it eventually but metroid prime 3 was a waste of money and didn't last long. I don't want to make that mistake again.

linkforever1

Forget it! I'm getting both! The same week! Galaxy and MoH: Heroes 2. Personally, I'm more hyped for MoH. However I don't agree with you about MP3--I enjoyed that game even though it was short, but I do not regret the purchase. Although MoH is graphically inferior to MP3, it will at least have controls similar to MP3 if not better (with so many settings to adjust you can't go wrong)--plus 32 player online multiplayer.

Ablasio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Ablasio
Member since 2007 • 449 Posts

Which game look more amazing than Mario Galaxy? MOh look good but come on, Galaxy will be a real masterpiece and MOH will be a game that everybody will forget because of a similar sequel next year.

jjr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#62 jjr10
Member since 2005 • 5880 Posts
I am getting GH3 first, and then it's mario, then re, then metroid, then big brain on wii... there all comming out on wii so close together in australia... damn! But galaxy will be awesome.
1wog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 1wog1
Member since 2007 • 166 Posts
Actually Mario games take very long, and this one is gonna take months there's not 1 mario game that you can beat in a couple of days so if i was you i would swallow your words haha.
Avatar image for lovetheblindone
lovetheblindone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 lovetheblindone
Member since 2005 • 1733 Posts
No, however I am going to skip Metroid Prime 3 (gets released here Nov 8 :evil:.) to buy Galaxy ;).
creativeminded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 creativeminded
Member since 2005 • 1729 Posts
as if it would only be 10 hours
specialed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#66 specialed
Member since 2003 • 3669 Posts
Yeah I can see how playing 'another' single player game can get 'boring', esp after the market inundated with massive multiplayer games...yeah, those single player games are just getting to be too much these days, but those rehashed after rehashed multiplayer games sure are rare to come by.
KingBowser91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 KingBowser91
Member since 2007 • 2638 Posts

[QUOTE="kiruyama"]120 stars = 10 hours? Wow, 5 minutes a star. I wish I was that good.Duckman5

Me too, that's astounding.

me too.

fitzokoli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#68 fitzokoli
Member since 2005 • 3236 Posts

SMG my most anticipated game since it was first shown at E3...I want it more than i want brawl..Cant wait!

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts
Your loss imo... Its going to be way more then 10 hours. Hell, even if your good ennough to beat every star in 10 mins thats still 20 hours. dudy80
He's skipping for now... which mean he will get it eventually... so he's won't lose.
mrjam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#70 mrjam0
Member since 2007 • 1364 Posts
ur loss man. and when did u ever beat a console mario game in 10 hours? this game is going to define what it means to be next gen on wii
chisoxrule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 chisoxrule
Member since 2005 • 2099 Posts
I never pass up a new Mario game. They only come out around every 5 years give or take. As far as war games go, I'd rather get CoD4 for the 360.
Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts

There's no way I'd skip Galaxy for another title.The only possible reason why I wouldn't get it when it releases is if I didn't have the money to buy it.