Anyone else have horror stories of dropping their DS?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

Crap, I just dropped my DS today for the first time accidently on a pavement! ARGGGH!!! :cry: I was trying to open my door, but my key was tangled up. As I was untangling it I dropped my DS. It was a pretty far drop too, and I had my hands full.

Sigh...anyone else dropped theirs before? Did they break? Luckily, mine still works....so far, but there's no telling when I'll find something wrong, maybe pixels, crashes, or sound problems.

Anyway, that's my horror story. Do you think my DS is fine? I shouldn't worry, right? :(

ArabSolja99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ArabSolja99
Member since 2006 • 1630 Posts

dont worry bro, the ds is pretty durable. Scratches don't really show if u have a lite, because of the glossy finish. Otherwise, you should be fine, unless u dropped it when it was open, in which case you could have breaken off the top screen.

Basically, don't worry, Nintendo knows that we drop our stuff, so they keep them durable

ArabSolja99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ArabSolja99
Member since 2006 • 1630 Posts
ive dropped my ds lite (onyx), a couple times on some tile from up to 5 feet up (when its closed), and nothing happened. Still in perfect condition
inzaneetie013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 inzaneetie013
Member since 2007 • 1385 Posts
My older sister threw my ds like a piece of pie, it hit a wooden box, came bouncing on the floor, had a dent on the side, bought a case, perfect
phamhienp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 phamhienp
Member since 2004 • 153 Posts
Nope, and hopefully never will.
Cassius128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Cassius128
Member since 2005 • 2670 Posts
Twice once on the hard wood floor and another time down a flight of stairs, it has a few scuff marks but it still works.
clubhaxor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 clubhaxor
Member since 2005 • 2482 Posts

Nope, and hopefully never will.phamhienp

You'dhaveplentyofspares:P

monnad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 monnad
Member since 2006 • 56 Posts
I was once using my ds lite to see in the dark when it suddenly slipped out of my hand. Luckily nothing happened.
Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#9 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts
I learnt to control my motor functions at a young age...I thought everyone else did as well.
TigerBitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TigerBitten
Member since 2003 • 27 Posts
I've dropped it a time or two, and nearly had a stroke cause of it. No damages or marks, but dropping anything that costs as much as the DS Lite makes me very twitchy. I'm still reeling from washing my IPOD with the laundry!:cry: It doesn't work anymore...
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts
I have the NERF case but I only use the bottom half for home use then snap on the top when I go out. I haven't dropped it yet and hope to never join the ranks. If I do I'll make sure to post though.
inzaneetie013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 inzaneetie013
Member since 2007 • 1385 Posts
y most nerf owners remove the top part?
aust3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 aust3n
Member since 2006 • 71 Posts

I don't recall dropping mine, but the side of my DS is melted and stuff.

I left my DS sitting on the floor against the heater on accident when it was still new. Now it looks all weird, but it's pretty darn sturdy so I don't worry much about it.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

y most nerf owners remove the top part? inzaneetie013

I don't know if they remove the top part too. I just do it because I use the bottom as more of a comfort grip. When I'm out though I love the protection it provides.

jack_michael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jack_michael
Member since 2007 • 1162 Posts
i would advise you to check your touch screen for sensitivity, my sister dropped hers on carpet and we agreed the sensitivity has declined.
BlackJunebug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BlackJunebug
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Ive dropped it once or twice but its fine (onyx ds lite) but sometimes the left trigger wont work some people say its dust on the sensor you agree? this is just a funny story, one day my younger brother (he was 4 now he is 11) he threw our sega dreamcast down the stairs so i was mad!!!!!!

my brother's profile name is abercromb189

Arnoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Arnoc
Member since 2006 • 104 Posts
I still have my big bulky blue DS and I've dropped it a few times. Worst time though was when it was raining lightly out, and unwisley raced my lil bro to the car, and DS ended up falling out of my pocket into a puddle. It fell pretty hard. Still works perfectly fine ^^ The case I had around it really helped it too, it was some sort of something, i can't think of the material, but it's by pelican, and its black and has clear screen on the parts that go over your screens and buttons and such. Scared the freak out of me and my dad both. My lil bro has also dropped his onto pavement before too. He got a few small scratches, but it works fine still.

On the other hand however, my gamecube wires haven't been as durable. Those plus dogs = no more picture :P
D7ok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20 D7ok
Member since 2006 • 154 Posts
well let me see when i had a normal ds i slept on a bunk bed so at night i would fall asleep and it would fall like everyday and i never learned my leason so it kept dropping so adventually it chipped. so i didnt care any more so it fell... aging. the next morning i woke up and the whole top screen got disconected. lost it for a year. so now i have a ds lite and the second day i got it that fell but i slept on the bottom bunk and it still chipped but other than that it works perfect sooooooo yeaaaaaaaaa
phamhienp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 phamhienp
Member since 2004 • 153 Posts

[QUOTE="phamhienp"]Nope, and hopefully never will.clubhaxor

You'dhaveplentyofspares:P

I'd still cry a river if one even had a scratch :{

FlameBeast4000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 FlameBeast4000
Member since 2004 • 671 Posts
I've dropped my Ds before. I was getting out of a car and I dropped it onto the pavement. For some reason it opened and dropped screen first, after that I picked it up and it happened again.
Zerric14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Zerric14
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
My Friend's DS Top screen riped from his bottom one, but that was after 17 drops, 7 onto pavement from 2 stories high, and a car rolling over it.
twinkmanc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 twinkmanc
Member since 2007 • 87 Posts
dropped mine? no...worse...lost it at the airport, its been almost a month anyone know how long it usually takes an aiport to give back left behind baggage? it was on my carry on and i forgot it they said it could take from a day to a month, its coming up on a month soon, sigh...i miss it so much be lucky, id rather drop it a hundred times just as long as i still had mine :cry:
D-MonDRV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#25 D-MonDRV
Member since 2002 • 9267 Posts

Definitely dropped it a few times, and I really hate it when that happens.

Someone said something about scratches hardly being visible. That's not true, especially with the black DS Lite.

Mcrfan44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#26 Mcrfan44
Member since 2006 • 544 Posts
I've dropped it twice, both while getting out of a car. Aside from a little scuff on my L trigger, everything works fine. But then again, it was closed both times and I have a hard plastic case on it.
Lance_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27 Lance_C
Member since 2004 • 34544 Posts
Worst scenario was when I accidentally hit my DS against the table and not so soft either. But like a real swing. No I wasn't frustrated at the time, it happened by accident. And that's where the hinge crack came. I was frustrated afterwards though.
Nyx-Risa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 Nyx-Risa
Member since 2007 • 100 Posts
My DS was sittong on my lap when I was in an airplane then I dozed off. When some sudden turbulence started, it fell off my lap and landed under the seat in front of me. I was sitting in the first row on Economy class on the airplane, so the seat in front of me was a Business class one (so the curtain blocks your view etc.). I had to eventually ask the flight attendant to retrieve it for me which was embarassing.